• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT| Where has all of my money gone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's the longest you guys have had something held at customs?

I'm waiting for my Karen Araragi figure
and Index movie BD

They've been "Awaiting Customs clearance" for 7 days now. Phoned Parcelforce.."sorry we can't help..."

I usually go SAL and not use EMS but for this instance I decided to, I regret it now, should of stuck with what I knew was best.

About that long. The last package I got from amiami sat in customs for around a week.

RocBase

What's the longest you guys have had something held at customs?

I'm waiting for my Karen Araragi figure
and Index movie BD

They've been "Awaiting Customs clearance" for 7 days now. Phoned Parcelforce.."sorry we can't help..."

I usually go SAL and not use EMS but for this instance I decided to, I regret it now, should of stuck with what I knew was best.

Ooh, for me it was two weeks and it was supposed to be freaking EMS. I'm suspecting they opened the parcel and probably questioned for that long if the content was ok or something.

About that long. The last package I got from amiami sat in customs for around a week.

Ooh, for me it was two weeks and it was supposed to be freaking EMS. I'm suspecting they opened the parcel and probably questioned for that long if the content was ok or something.

Ditto, 2 weeks however is the longest i've had from EMS

Wow, that long? This is EMS too. Knew I should of gone for SAL :p

It's just a waiting game now, and I'm feeling horribly impatient.

LiK

I never had anything with EMS checked but FedEx has gotten me one cuz it goes though the same Alaskan port all the time and they tend to get their stuff randomly checked quite often. I learned about this from other toy forums.

Cheska

I had a play arts figure sit in customs for a whole week as well. Ridiculous. Yet boxes of multiple other figures have come through without a hitch.

My post office will only sometimes deliver to my apartment building.

When they don't, it sits in the post office and I SOMETIMES get a notice in my mailbox. If I wasn't so anal about hounding the tracking number, I'd probably be screwed since they return to sender after only a week.

johnsmith

remember me
I always have to pick up EMS packages at the post office. So that's another reason I never use it unless I absolutely have to.

never had to pickup a package via ems or sal.

Customs usually take a day for ems. I have sasaki stuck in customs today as well. Another package is Origin is processing or whatever. And my EMS amiami month order is on transit from japan.

man this coming week is going to be a buttload of shit.

Jayhawk

The postal office workers who drops off packages at my house are so inconsistent. Sometimes, they will arrive at 10am just before I head off to work. Other times, the packages come as late as 4pm and they have to leave a notice for me to pick up the package at the post office.

They've already lost:

http://myfigurecollection.net/item/166937

uv3w.jpg

Half joking. I'm sure they'll both be good.

Welp, you better find an appropriate place to display them.

thats not a problem. I wished I got the original for the blue one. Colors matched really well but the new alt isnt bad at all. I do like the blue/red scheme >_> but I guess white/black has to do.

omgggggg
1233560_712664798749919_1094066806_n.jpg

Giolon

thats not a problem. I wished I got the original for the blue one. Colors matched really well but the new alt isnt bad at all. I do like the blue/red scheme >_> but I guess white/black has to do.

omgggggg
1233560_712664798749919_1094066806_n.jpg

Face is softer than I expected from the unpainted sculpt, but it still looks alright. Don't know if I'll get though. I really have to think hard about every purchase. Space is at a premium these days. :(

Edit: On close-up her face does look really nice!

1294274_712664985416567_449746830_o.jpg

This though:
1262680_712664922083240_303984403_o.jpg

...I expected more.

johnsmith

remember me
Just ordered the Teddie and Rise prize figure set. 1,600 yen for both (plus 500 yen handling fee and 410 mandatory registered sal fee).

Kew

Neo Member
She came out better than expected (especially the face) but I think I'm still going to pass. Too naked for me and I don't have much familiarity with the character as some of the other Tekken girls.

She came out better than expected (especially the face) but I think I'm still going to pass. Too naked for me and I don't have much familiarity with the character as some of the other Tekken girls.

She isnt wearing her pants and her scarf like the Xiaoyu figure.

I thought it was a bit weird to totally rework the costume the way they did. I know they kind of had too because it's the bishoujo line and people want tits and ass. But her original costume was both stylish and classy.

I'll probably pick this one up.

chrono01

So it seems as though the Mikasa figma is already selling out at stores, which isn't a huge surprise considering how popular the series is. I'm holding back on purchasing it, though, since I know there will be numerous scaled figures and I want to save my $$$ for those. It's the same reason I'm not collecting the Nendoroid's.

The way I see it, the case of Attack on Titan is massive. Therefore, there will be many characters to collect and I know that once I start I won't be able to finish. I'll try to collect the scaled figures, but figma's don't really impress me [due to their smaller size, joints, etc.] and I'm trying to stop collecting Nendoroid's [not that I don't like them, it's just that they're so numerous and the cost can really add up].

It seems as though I'm sticking with my resolution for 2014 so far...

LiK

So it seems as though the Mikasa figma is already selling out at stores, which isn't a huge surprise considering how popular the series is. I'm holding back on purchasing it, though, since I know there will be numerous scaled figures and I want to save my $$$ for those. It's the same reason I'm not collecting the Nendoroid's.

The way I see it, the case of Attack on Titan is massive. Therefore, there will be many characters to collect and I know that once I start I won't be able to finish. I'll try to collect the scaled figures, but figma's don't really impress me [due to their smaller size, joints, etc.] and I'm trying to stop collecting Nendoroid's [not that I don't like them, it's just that they're so numerous and the cost can really add up].

It seems as though I'm sticking with my resolution for 2014 so far...

i only care about Mikasa the most and maybe a few of the other mains. Not gonna bother with everyone they make.

chrono01

i only care about Mikasa the most and maybe a few of the other mains. Not gonna bother with everyone they make.
Heh, nice to see that you show restraint.

Speaking of, I wonder if they will bother sculpting the less popular characters or sticking purely with the main leads. I mean, the characters are numerous, so it would make sense for them to restrict their creation process to those that desperately need it rather than create everyone.

It's too bad Alter isn't handling the license for Attack on Titan. I would have liked to see what they would come up with. :(

Speaking of, I wonder if they will bother sculpting the less popular characters or sticking purely with the main leads. I mean, the characters are numerous, so it would make sense for them to restrict their creation process to those that desperately need it rather than create everyone.

The problem with the human characters, which johnsmith brought up, is that their outfits are all the same. I daresay to the point of making most of them rather uninteresting to look at. I mean, I'd buy a scaled Mikasa and Levi. Certainly an Annie. But most of the interest, visually, is going to be for the figures of the actual Titans themselves.

On a side note... I'm thinking of getting a Tekken bishoujo or two, because I don't want Jun to be lonely. Looking at Alisa (LE or regular?) and maybe Christie. But Christie is like, $90 now and fuck that, even if her ass is glorious. Opinions?

chrono01

The problem with the human characters, which johnsmith brought up, is that their outfits are all the same. I daresay to the point of making most of them rather uninteresting to look at. I mean, I'd buy a scaled Mikasa and Levi. Certainly an Annie. But most of the interest, visually, is going to be for the figures of the actual Titans themselves.
That is a very valid point. I never thought of it that way.

sca2511

I thought it was a bit weird to totally rework the costume the way they did. I know they kind of had too because it's the bishoujo line and people want tits and ass. But her original costume was both stylish and classy.

Pretty much what I was thinking about it.

LiK

Heh, nice to see that you show restraint.

It's too bad Alter isn't handling the license for Attack on Titan. I would have liked to see what they would come up with. :(

they probably won't make too many characters considering some die fairly quickly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom