• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT| Where has all of my money gone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Giolon

Bishoujo Wonder Woman arrived today.

photo_zps2fe34e60.jpg

Power Girl and Wonder Woman - the two best Bishoujos. Nice!

Got my Alter Jubei and Kanetsugu today, so I set up my Samurai Bride shelf in on of the detolfs. Holy fucking shit was Kanetsugu's hammer a pain in the balls. You have to wedge a transparent stand in to support the hammer. The instructions tell you wear to place it, but it's still a pain finding just the right angle where things aren't wobbly.

Power Girl and Wonder Woman - the two best Bishoujos. Nice!

They're both very nice, but I still think Poison Ivy is my favorite of the bishoujos I have.

Jessicat

any Kaiju fans? i just preordered this. from Godzilla 2000. i like this design, tbh.

FIGURE-001992.jpg
Thanks for the tip, pre-ordered! But damn, another December release, shipping is going to be killer x.x
I've got:
-Nendoroid Devil Survivor 2 Hibiki
-MonsterArts Godzilla 2000
-ArtFX J Yami Marik
-G.E.M. MAGI Aladdin

o_O plus a couple of non-figure things. Eep. I hope they don't all have obnoxiously large boxes XD
I still want to try to find an affordable pre-order for Biollante too, I hate exclusives ;>>

I still want to try to find an affordable pre-order for Biollante too, I hate exclusives ;>>

List price for it is about $230, according to MFC. That said, I don't think you're going to find it too much cheaper than the $242 Nippon-Yasan is asking.

Is EMS required for shipping?

LiK

That's pretty impressive, considering they usually scalp the fuck out of everything.

usually depends on their distributors. ex: they tend to match or have lower prices for Hot Toys compared to Sideshow's site which makes them a good alt for buying HTs.

Cheska

^ Mitsuru looks awesome. Can't wait to get mine.

I honestly think she looks tremendously better in person. Her jacket is a bit of a pain in the ass to put on, and one of the stands to hold the coat up doesn't seem to exactly match up but I'm really satisfied with the purchase.

Toki767

FUUUUU I think that Mitsuru figure's going to be my next purchase.

...If she isn't already sold out that is.
She's still on Amiami. Not sure she'll sell out though. It could go either way since the P3 movie is coming out soon. I suspect she will eventually.

Has anyone pre-ordered from BBTS before? I'm a bit LTTP on this one, but I wanna pick up Kotobukiya's Daisy now, and BBTS seems to be offering her for the cheapest pre-order still available at $89.

About how much of a delay is there between the time the figure comes out in Japan, and when BBTS ships their orders?

johnsmith

remember me
Was lazy for a bit, but finally set up another shelf. Only 2 shelves left, not nearly enough room for how many figures I still have.

Since this one's right above my monitor it's the ones I'll be looking at the most, so I made sure to put my favorites here. Velvet & Momohime are my top 2 favorite figures of all time, and Samurai and Kongiku are up there too. Passed on displaying Mercedes because she's just not as good as the other 2, and i didn't want it to look too crowded.

Toki767

Was lazy for a bit, but finally set up another shelf. Only 2 shelves left, not nearly enough room for how many figures I still have.

Since this one's right above my monitor it's the ones I'll be looking at the most, so I made sure to put my favorites here. Velvet & Momohime are my top 2 favorite figures of all time, and Samurai and Kongiku are up there too. Passed on displaying Mercedes because she's just not as good as the other 2, and i didn't want it to look too crowded.

Momohime looks a lot shorter compared to everyone else. Those are all 1/8 scale right?

johnsmith

remember me
Kongiku and Momohime are 1/8. The 7th Dragon 2020 figures are 1/7. I'm not sure on the scale on Velvet and Gwendolyn. MFC says 1/6, but they look more like 1/7 to me.

johnsmith

remember me
She is fantastic. I screwed up and didn't preorder her, but was able to get her in a restock for MSRP. It was still a deal, since prices skyrocketed immediately after. Prices now are just stupid. She's hitting 30,000 yen on Japanese sites. Looks like she might be cheaper on Amazon and Ebay.

Edit: I was looking at just Japanese sites, since they're usually cheaper. It's weird for stuff to be cheaper on ebay and amazon.

LiK

She is fantastic. I screwed up and didn't preorder her, but was able to get her in a restock for MSRP. It was still a deal, since prices skyrocketed immediately after. Prices now are just stupid. She's hitting $300.

most are around $240+ on ebay now. too much for me. hope there's a seller who goes sub-200. apparently one sold for $169 two months ago but i missed it.

Cheska

Impressive display, as always john! Love how it's all turning out so far.

most are around $240+ on ebay now. too much for me. hope there's a seller who goes sub-200. apparently one sold for $169 two months ago but i missed it.

Amiami and Mand typically have it for around $200 when she pops up.

LiK

Got two figures from SacAnime from the past week or so:

and finally put up these two up on my shelf

I really need to get those risers that johnsmith linked. Starting to feel a little crowded on the shelf and I don't really know where else I'd put the figures.

take some pics of your current display.

i've been lazy. my Hot Toys are still in their shipper boxes and other figures haven't been opened. maybe wait for more stuff to arrive before i bother.

sca2511

take some pics of your current display.

There's some space right now, but once I put up most of the bishoujos, it might start to feel crowded. I plan to move the top shelf up one slot and will make it the Spidey shelf for the incoming MJ/Gwen/Spidey from Sideshow. Or just keep the shelf the way it is, not sure. Books are just there temporarily, other bookshelf isn't organized yet.

LiK

There's some space right now, but once I put up most of the bishoujos, it might start to feel crowded. I plan to move the top shelf up one slot and will make it the Spidey shelf for the incoming MJ/Gwen/Spidey from Sideshow. Or just keep the shelf the way it is, not sure. Books are just there temporarily, other bookshelf isn't organized yet.

very cool, yea, plenty of space left.

cajunator

Banned
What AmiAmi does is send you an email when everything in your order is ready, then within an allotted span, you log in, click on the "Orders Awaiting Payment" link, and pay from there. If there's nothing there, check your order history. If the order is still active, then it should show a list of items in that order, with either "In-Stock" or "Not In-Stock" next to each item.

From what I hear, they generally just ban people that don't pay for an order. So if your account is still active, and the order is still listed, you should be alright. Their stock is instantly updated. I ordered a figure a few weeks ago to ship with my Sept. order, and it instantly showed "Sold Out" after I ordered it, but the item is still shown as "In-Stock" on my actual order detail.

Now I know how it works I guess I can deal with it but I prefer just paying for all of it and shipping like hobbysearch and other sites do it. Dont like this logging in and paying like that. Too easy to miss it.

Now I know how it works I guess I can deal with it but I prefer just paying for all of it and shipping like hobbysearch and other sites do it. Dont like this logging in and paying like that. Too easy to miss it.

I don't find it to be a big deal at all. Maybe I'm just used to it. But I also pay close attention to what I order and when it's due to be released. So I'm usually checking up on things regardless. I'm organized to the point of keeping a text file on my PC with current release dates for everything entertainment-related that I plan on buying within the next six months or so, which is extremely handy when it comes to budgeting.

Mikhal

How much am I looking for in shipping for the Franky "SA-MAXIMUM" POP to the US? I recall a few people here got it.

SUPARSTARX

Paid off Mitsuru. Unhappy bill this month!!

How big is her box for those that got her? $40 shipping EMS -_-

The SAL wasn't much lower so I went with EMS. :(

Paid off Mitsuru. Unhappy bill this month!!

September seems like it's going to be expensive all around. I've got two figures, both Blu-Ray sets of Michiko & Hatchin, GTA V, and some assorted manga volumes and graphic novels.

It just seems like one of those months everyone decides to shit out all the good stuff to retail.

i dunno what that is but i'll get the figure. CUTE

English Title: A Certain Scientific Railgun

Funimation has the license. It's a more science-y version of A Certain Magical Index. I haven't watched either, but I would like to see ACSR one of these days.

Mikoto is super cute in the anime. The first season isn't reall serious at all and a bit more fanservicey (mikoto is probably the least fanservice'd since shes a tom girl type)

I got the koto one since it was the best one at the time.

Toki767

Since I have no place to fit a detolf cabinet, I bought these acrylic display cases from The Container Store. They're normally used to display basketballs but they seem to fit 1/8 scale figures just fine.

Bcrmsp6.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom