• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT| Where has all of my money gone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Giolon

bNlxHQe.jpg

I have this one without powdered donut lips...

mmmm....powdered donuts.....

That....is a really tight corset.

Jayhawk

As I mentioned a few pages ago in this thread, two POP figures will be up for pre-order tonight (Crocodile and Vivi). That likely means Amiami will be hard to connect to for most people.

As I mentioned a few pages ago in this thread, two POP figures will be up for pre-order tonight (Crocodile and Vivi). That likely means Amiami will be hard to connect to for most people.

Those will be sold out in like, 2 minutes. Then the rest of us will be able to browse the new pre-orders. :D

chrono01

So the scaled figure of Insane Black Rock Shooter will finally be releasing this month [on the 18th]. As for her dimensions [estimation from AmiAmi]? Get ready to cry.

410 x 410 x 235 mm
...410 x 410 x 235 mm!!

I have other figures in the order and, if she ships along with Belldandy/Holy Bell, my shipping cost will easily be over 10,000 yen.

Ouch!

I have other figures in the order and, if she ships along with Belldandy/Holy Bell, my shipping cost will easily be over 10,000 yen.

Ouch!

Enjoy!

On another topic, I'm trying to get an Alter Black Hanekawa. Pre-orders are sold out, and I missed a restock at 6am this morning. Do you think, in your professional opinion, I have a good chance of grabbing one after it comes out and pre-orders are filled?

chrono01

Enjoy!

On another topic, I'm trying to get an Alter Black Hanekawa. Pre-orders are sold out, and I missed a restock at 6am this morning. Do you think, in your professional opinion, I have a good chance of grabbing one after it comes out and pre-orders are filled?
Probably.

I know it happened with other Alter re-releases such as Yagyu Jubei, Naoe Kanetsugu, Momohime, KOS-MOS, etc. Just try to refresh the site when the site updates on the day it releases [Japan Time, obviously] and you have a pretty good chance. After all, there are always people cancelling last minute/not paying for their orders, and it's possible that AmiAmi might have ordered an extra few for standard purchasers after release.

Good luck!

Probably.

I know it happened with other Alter re-releases such as Yagyu Jubei, Naoe Kanetsugu, Momohime, KOS-MOS, etc. Just try to refresh the site when the site updates on the day it releases [Japan Time, obviously] and you have a pretty good chance. After all, there are always people cancelling last minute/not paying for their orders, and it's possible that AmiAmi might have ordered an extra few for standard purchasers after release.

Good luck!

If nothing else, I'm sure N-Y will keep a few extras around to jack up the price on, but I'd like to get it at a reasonable price from AmiAmi or something.

chrono01

If nothing else, I'm sure N-Y will keep a few extras around to jack up the price on, but I'd like to get it at a reasonable price from AmiAmi or something.
Haha, yeah. N-Y is virtually guaranteed to have a few extra, although for a decent mark-up [as you pointed out].

Let us hope it does not come to that, should you become desperate and AmiAmi not receive additional stock.

Haha, yeah. N-Y is virtually guaranteed to have a few extra, although for a decent mark-up [as you pointed out].

Let us hope it does not come to that, should you become desperate and AmiAmi not receive additional stock.

I don't see why they wouldn't, though. Doesn't HLJ usually get some extras, too?

Acid08

Banned
Aw what? Really want a Vivi figure, what does it look like?

Jayhawk

Whoops. After rereading my post about POP figures a few pages back, the POP figures are up for pre-order tomorrow. My bad.

Seems like a dodged a bullet regarding the possible MFC transaction I was talking about, the seller is asking for too much even after I pointed out some sales from ebay and such. :)

Whoops. After rereading my post about POP figures a few pages back, the POP figures are up for pre-order tomorrow. My bad.

I don't buy One Piece figures, so I don't mind. Kinda waiting on the Jun Kazama, though. Dat ass.

Seems like a dodged a bullet regarding the possible MFC transaction I was talking about, the seller is asking for too much even after I pointed out some sales from ebay and such. :)

Yeah, I just assume everyone on MFC is a scumbag. It saves me a lot of time. ;)

Giolon

I don't buy One Piece figures, so I don't mind. Kinda waiting on the Jun Kazama, though. Dat ass.

Yeah, I just assume everyone on MFC is a scumbag. It saves me a lot of time. ;)

I got a really good deal on Swim Club Viletta Nu from a user on there for about $100. It's definitely not all bad over there. In fact I've only had mostly good experiences. But if a deal doesn't feel right, don't go for it.

Ryuuroden

Just saw the most recent images of the Alter Signum. I am beyond sold. I am completely sold on it. It WILL be my first Alter figure and it is a beautiful one. I love the weapon options as well.

Just saw the most recent images of the Alter Signum. I am beyond sold. I am completely sold on it. It WILL be my first Alter figure and it is a beautiful one. I love the weapon options as well.

Was that the one from Lyrical Nanoha? She looks super-badass. But I'm not familiar with the series, so I must resist.

johnsmith

remember me
I'm not sure about this shelf, both the figures and positioning. I chose these because they're the biggest figures I have left, and 3 of them are by Reflect. But they don't have the visual cohesion my other shelves have had so far.

Not sure on the positioning either. Keep Mai as the center focus since she's so large

Or keep the Eva girls together?

My collection if anybody wants to suggest groupings. Binary Ms Marvel is another big figure I have left that would fit in with these in size.
http://myfigurecollection.net/profile/balbanesbeoulve

I got a really good deal on Swim Club Viletta Nu from a user on there for about $100. It's definitely not all bad over there. In fact I've only had mostly good experiences. But if a deal doesn't feel right, don't go for it.

that viletta fig is one of those "WTF?" Not remotely one of the big female stars, standard release, and its like triple the release cost.

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes
I'm not sure about this shelf, both the figures and positioning. I chose these because they're the biggest figures I have left, and 3 of them are by Reflect. But they don't have the visual cohesion my other shelves have had so far.

Not sure on the positioning either. Keep Mai as the center focus since she's so large

My collection if anybody wants to suggest groupings. Binary Ms Marvel is another big figure I have left that would fit in with these in size.

I think what's throwing the shelf off is Sylvia, mostly cause she's 1/4 and because shes kneeling, so try:

Mai/Rei/Sylvia/Asuka/Binary

or

Knee/Rei/Mai/Asuka/Binary

cajunator

Banned
I don't find it to be a big deal at all. Maybe I'm just used to it. But I also pay close attention to what I order and when it's due to be released. So I'm usually checking up on things regardless. I'm organized to the point of keeping a text file on my PC with current release dates for everything entertainment-related that I plan on buying within the next six months or so, which is extremely handy when it comes to budgeting.

Well I got an email yesterday that it shipped so I got lucky and paid it off in time.
From now on I know how it works but Im gonna try not to use amiAmi unless I miss a preorder date.

Well I got an email yesterday that it shipped so I got lucky and paid it off in time.
From now on I know how it works but Im gonna try not to use amiAmi unless I miss a preorder date.

You shouldn't let that one mishap soil your opinion on AmiAmi. I find them to be the best service.

If it became a regular thing, then sure!

RMI

Banned
Congrats, she's a beauty.
I know, I can't wait. That figure sparked my initial interest in the hobby but I didn't start collecting until after it was unavailable. Luckily I the fig in stock email came pretty close to when I woke up this morning. I've missed it a few times before.

sky

Looks better with Mai in the center, for sure.
The eva girls have a similar feel, so I think having them together plays down their uniqueness. Apart it's easier to appreciate each one.

Finally, got a preowned Momohime from AmiAmi.
Congrats! You'll never get tired of looking at her ;)

Have you considered not putting them in a straight line but rather a curved semi-oval that creates a bit of a dynamic between the figures(I would have Mai at the center back because of her height). The shelf isn't tall enough to use risers otherwise that would be a good idea too.

Jayhawk

A few people that post in this thread are only interested in the DX version of that Hatsune Miku Love is War statue with the extra speakers. :(

cajunator

Banned
Looks better with Mai in the center, for sure.
The eva girls have a similar feel, so I think having them together plays down their uniqueness. Apart it's easier to appreciate each one.

Congrats! You'll never get tired of looking at her ;)

Momohime is an immensely beautiful figurine. One of the best. She's a cutie too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom