• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT| Where has all of my money gone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
that viletta fig is one of those "WTF?" Not remotely one of the big female stars, standard release, and its like triple the release cost.

It's just a gorgeous figure. I can't explain it. It was the first figure I bought used, and I have no familiarity with the source material. Fantastic sculpt, beautiful design, and unique colors that just work cohesively. The first time I saw it, I was drawn to it.

Tan skin + white hair is a deadly combo.

Toki767

It's just a gorgeous figure. I can't explain it. It was the first figure I bought used, and I have no familiarity with the source material. Fantastic sculpt, beautiful design, and unique colors that just work cohesively. The first time I saw it, I was drawn to it.

You haven't seen Code Geass? You gotta watch it.

Giolon

Indeed. There's something about the elongated proportions that I really dig, unrealism and all. Dark skinned figures are so rare, and rarely are they done so well. And since she has a jacket, I don't teachnically consider it a swimsuit figure, but I know that's a cop out. XD She stays in her box.

Also, if you haven't seen Code Geass, you really must watch it. It was all available on Crunchyroll last I checked. The first half is better than the second, but it's one of those gripping series that manages to more or less stick the landing.

elizabeth is stupid expensive wtf
I_Kyubey1378878314.jpeg

I_Kyubey1378878267.jpeg

9800 yen

Jayhawk

Sold out on Amiami...
I have her in my cart on Hobby Search, but I can't complete the checkout process without timing out...

chrono01

I purchased Vivi from AmiAmi! She re-appeared for a second a few minutes ago and I instantly completed the purchase, my hands shaking the entire way.

One Piece pre-order battles never cease to amaze me.

chrono01

I screw up my sleep schedule just to save $20 on a figure, and I don't even get it from one of the big 3 sites. :(
Sorry. :(

I really don't know why they sell out so fast. I mean, I understand that One Piece is insanely popular in Japan, but you'd think Megahouse would over-produce the figures to meet demand. If they create them, they will sell, at least the moderately-priced ones that aren't 10,000+ yen.

Or maybe they do, and they still sell out that fast. Either way, I'll never get used to it.

HLJ hasn't put theirs up yet. You could wait for them if you want. I'll post a link here if they list it and I'm still awake. Eyes are already starting to burn. ~_~

I screw up my sleep schedule just to save $20 on a figure, and I don't even get it from one of the big 3 sites. :(
I work overnight and this was my off day. Tought it would work out perfectly and when I saw Kuroko i thought it would be only better. Sucks getting only Croc. Hope Vivi and Kuroko pop back up, Rob Lucci did.

Toki767

It feels like some people just buy them to sell them for a higher price later on. Sucks for you guys that actually want them.

Jayhawk

Sorry. :(

I really don't know why they sell out so fast. I mean, I understand that One Piece is insanely popular in Japan, but you'd think Megahouse would over-produce the figures to meet demand. If they create them, they will sell, at least the moderately-priced ones that aren't 10,000+ yen.

Or maybe they do, and they still sell out that fast. Either way, I'll never get used to it.

HLJ hasn't put theirs up yet. You could wait for them if you want. I'll post a link here if they list it and I'm still awake. Eyes are already starting to burn. ~_~

Thanks, but I'm good. I bought from Kolektakon. I would have preferred to get from one of the big 3 to defer payment until the figure came out, but Kolektakon should be reliable.

chrono01

Thanks, but I'm good. I bought from Kolektakon. I would have preferred to get from one of the big 3 to defer payment until the figure came out, but Kolektakon should be reliable.
Alrighty, just checking. Yeah, I heard about those guys before but I've never tried them personally. I hope everything works out for you!

For those still trying, refresh this link every minute second. You might get lucky.

http://www.hlj.com/scripts/hljlist?...isplayMode=images&set=1&Sort=releaseDate+desc

How did I not get Kuroko or Vivi? I thought ai was a part ofthe Generation of Miracles.

When do we find out when stuff goes Up? Dont want to miss Eren or more AoT brahs.

Jayhawk

A good place to find more information on release dates is the MyFigureCollection page for that figure. People with better sleuthing skills often post pre-order dates. Let's see if I can catch a couple hours of sleep... hopefully, I remember to pick up POP Sogeking from the post office before work. Snagged him from Mandarake a couple weeks ago.

Jayhawk

I wonder how many of each POP figure Megahouse makes. I am blindly guessing that if they doubled their production, their figures would still sell out on the major sites.

chrono01

Still showing as available for me.
Yeah, they must have re-stocked [it showed as being out of stock shortly back].

If you're interested, do not hesitate!

I wonder how many of each POP figure Megahouse makes. I am blindly guessing that if they doubled their production, their figures would still sell out on the major sites.
It would be interesting to see, for sure.

Also, you're probably right. It seems demand far exceeds stock, and I'm guessing even double the allocation wouldn't satiate the fans.

Jayhawk

Good thing I'm not an Elizabeth fan, so I am fine with just the D-Arts that I bought for half that price. I wish they made figures of Margaret and Igor. I'd make a mini-velvet room display.

LiK

So who else has Vivi, I don't collect OP figures anymore but she's damn cute and a character I loved from the earlier seasons.

johnsmith

remember me
Whether I get Elizabeth will depend on the release date and discount. She's too expensive for such a simple sculpt. And if they release in December I'll pass.

Jayhawk

So who else has Vivi, I don't collect OP figures anymore but she's damn cute and a character I loved from the earlier seasons.

You talking about her earlier figure releases? I liked Vivi more than Nami in those first few seasons and was probably one of my top 3 favourite characters at the time. I have the pirate version figure of Vivi being shipped with my Amiami monthly shipment featuring the Mitsuru figure. I plan on buying her figure from the POP NEO line on a month with fewer purchases.

Getting rid of a few and looking to pick up a few. I figure (HA!) I'll have better luck here than the BST thread.
Let me know if you're interested in anything and I'll get you a quote.

WTS/WTT
2_zps91bee3ca.png

Click Below For Detailed Images:
Aerith (Final Fantasy VII) | Tifa (Final Fantasy VII) | Yuffie (Final Fantasy VII)
Selphie (Final Fantasy VIII) | Garnet (Final Fantasy IX) | Ashe (Final Fantasy XII) | Vanille (Final Fantasy XIII)
Alice (Not Pictured - Alice: Madness Returns) | Jill (Resident Evil)

WTB
1_zps2441665e.png

LiK

You talking about her earlier figure releases? I liked Vivi more than Nami in those first few seasons and was probably one of my top 3 favourite characters at the time. I have the pirate version figure of Vivi being shipped with my Amiami monthly shipment featuring the Mitsuru figure. I plan on buying her figure from the POP NEO line on a month with fewer purchases.

Nah, I already have the first release of her. I'm talking about the one that was up for preorder on AmiAmi today.

Good to know they changed shippers. The stories were bad. I'll probably preorder from them if it's truly exclusive from them only.

There's a guy on MFC who made a custom tutorial on how to make one similar to it. It would help if you wanted a much bigger base than the one they are providing. Even though they weren't to scale I want to buy/make a prop scenery like the one they used to display the figmas at their first unveiling.

I got black hanekawa before they announced the re-release. It was cheap on mandarake (6-7k) How much is it going for now?

I think AmiAmi is selling for 7k. I'm hoping to at least be able to grab one after preorders are filled. I mean, they had some Hacker Chelsea available for a bit, so hopefully...

chrono01

Maybe the Hobby Search servers died after they failed to let me buy Vivi from their site. :mad: I hope Kolektakon lets me select SAL registered for my Vivi when the time comes.
Yeah, that's when it crashed for me.

I added Vivi to my cart, went through the checkout process, confirmed the order...and 505 error! I tried again and again, I must have completed the checkout a good 20+ times, each time getting the 505 error. Eventually the site went down entirely.

Luckily I managed to secure her from an AmiAmi restock shortly afterwards. She sold out within seconds.

Yeah, I saw that. Did the POP pre-orders make it explode?
That would be a yes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom