• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT| Where has all of my money gone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man, I almost jumped on that pre-owned Alter Aigis. But I really don't want to spend anymore on my September order unless I get a shot at an Alter Black Hanekawa reissue. I'm not the biggest Persona fan, but it is a gorgeous figure.

RMI

Banned
That Aigis is definitely next on my list. I'm kind of ambivalent about the persona games, but I love Aigis's design. Maybe one will come around next month. I'm done tapped out and it's only the 10th!

That Aigis is definitely next on my list. I'm kind of ambivalent about the persona games, but I love Aigis's design. Maybe one will come around next month. I'm done tapped out and it's only the 10th!

Yeah, this month is just brutal.

Probably shouldn't mention that there's a Selvaria used on AmiAmi ;) Im at work otherwise Id post the link.

Eh. Item: B / Box B. :p

If it was an Item A, I definitely would. But I only accept the best.

B's are fine =P, at least the ones I got were.

Fuck B's. Fuck them right in the mouth. Only A's are good enough for me.

September/October is brutal on the wallet for gamer-figure collectors lol

My October isn't too bad by comparison... I've got Beyond: Two Souls, and Disgaea D2: A Brighter Darkness on the video game front, and Kobato Hasegawa and Jaina Solo bishoujo reissue (both from Koto) for figures. And that's it.

Cheska

Yeah, this month is just brutal.

Eh. Item: B / Box B. :p

If it was an Item A, I definitely would. But I only accept the best.

I've ordered B's before and they've been without any visible issues.

Honestly, I think people in Japan are really meticulous about their figures. Some of these used ones I've received have arrived in perfect condition.

Jayhawk

Ugh. The more and more I look at that Alter Aty figure, the more inclined I am to buy it even though I have no idea who she is and the source material she is from. I've already spent too much recently on figures and other luxuries like a 3DS and floor-standing speakers. MUST STOP. X_X

I've ordered B's before and they've been without any visible issues.

Honestly, I think people in Japan are really meticulous about their figures. Some of these used ones I've received have arrived in perfect condition.

I believe it. I'm just not going to take a $125 chance on it. Because if it's not flawless, I'll find something.

Ugh. The more and more I look at that Alter Aty figure, the more inclined I am to buy it even though I have no idea who she is and the source material she is from.

And that's the thing. I'm not going to buy figures from shit I'm not familiar with anymore (like Alter Signum...would so buy the fuck out of her if I knew anything about Lyrical Nanoha). And yes, if you A) Go and track down the game or B) watch the anime in order to become familiar with a franchise, that's cheating.

chrono01

Gonna be refreshing Ami Ami all night to get Crocodile and ViVi.
Good luck with that. AmiAmi always goes down for me when attempting to pre-order One Piece figures from them. I think the only one I managed to get was Boa Hancock - Blue Ver.

I find it's a lot easier at HS/HLJ, although they still sellout within seconds/minutes. it's insane.

Speaking of, I'm kind of tempted to grab the Shanks - Marineford Ver. that was recently released, but my September is already nearing [more like exceeding] maximum capacity. However I feel like this one will be difficult to find in a short amount of time, especially considering how great he turned out. -_-

September/October is brutal on the wallet for gamer-figure collectors lol
For October all I have are Kobato, Gamer Girl, Maeda Keiji, and Sailor Mercury, plus whatever figures Alter decides to release within that time-frame.

Game-wise I have Disgaea D2 Limited Edition [with hardcover guide], Pokémon X and Y, Sonic: Lost World, and The Legend of Zelda : Wind Waker HD. These I pre-ordered during the recent Future Shop/E3 promotion, so for many of them I'm getting $20 off of each title [which definitely helps].

meijiko

September is Belldandy/Holy Bell, October is Isabelle Nendoroid and Miku lamp, and November is RAH Link. I really, really hope Melty and Suzuha don't come out in November.

For October all I have are Kobato, Gamer Girl, Maeda Keiji, and Sailor Mercury, plus whatever figures Alter decides to release within that time-frame.

#TeamKobato high-five!

She's a bit pricey for such a small figure, though.

october november is the lighest. Paid maede keiji already on NY for October and I got Kurisu for november. I think thats it...

I'm actually looking forward to November. I've only got X-Force Psylocke bishoujo, and this beauty:

144400.jpg

chrono01

#TeamKobato high-five!

She's a bit pricey for such a small figure, though.
YES! /high-five

I'll agree about the price, though I'm sure she'll be worth it. The prototype pictures look great, and Kotobukiya more-or-less delivers when it comes to stuff like that.

I'm actually looking forward to November. I've only got X-Force Psylocke bishoujo, [/b]and this beauty:[/b]
#TeamMomo high-five!

She looks great. I hope they do Lala and Nana from the same illustration, and the upcoming Mea looks like she'll fit in well. Max Factory sure is amazing.

Jayhawk

For POP figure buyers seeking to avoid the hassle of dealing with the craziness that will occur at Amiami, HLJ, and Hobby Search... the POP Crocodile and Vivi figures are up for preorder on thegrandlineshop.com and Animarket.

September is Belldandy/Holy Bell, October is Isabelle Nendoroid and Miku lamp, and November is RAH Link. I really, really hope Melty and Suzuha don't come out in November.

I'm desperately hoping Belldandy/Holy Bell gets pushed back again. Zero Suit Samus too. September turned into a bad month for me money-wise, and I really don't think AmiAmi will take kindly on me for trying to cancel both of them.

sept has a few others. Maybe my biggest.

2 dend sisters, zero samus, yuki (orchid seed nsfw), dark elf (orchid seed), baby doll sonico, and something else I think.

so 7 figures >_> and the month hasn't even ended. Aug was decently big as well.

LiK

People may not remember but other people and I had issues with Toymunkey about the SDCC Pyramid Head preorder on their site concerning communications and delays.

Well, after filing a Paypal claim last week, they finally emailed me back. BUT, they're giving me two shipping options with prices before shipping it out. The problem is when I ordered on their site, it tacked on $10 for shipping automatically so I'm not sure if I only pay the difference for it or not. They also said that if I had issues with Paypal that they would want to "process it via Square." Not sure what that means either. I have a pending claim so I doubt I would be able to send any payments to them until the claim itself is canceled or resolved.

Anyway, I replied and asked them to clarify what it all means. Supposedly, some other people got something similar and said they canceled their claim after they were told their figures would be shipping out. But a few said they still haven't received tracking numbers or the figure itself.

Depending on their answer, I may or may not keep my claim going. I might just let the claim go on and get a refund from Paypal instead. I don't wanna rely on Toymunkey to give me my money back. Or I might just cancel entirely since BBTS has preorders open for it now. Man, Toymunkey really fucked this up royally.

I've been following the information primarily by comments from other customers here in their FB of all places. What a mess.

https://www.facebook.com/ToymunkeyStudiosInc/posts/415085868597128

Depending on their answer, I may or may not keep my claim going. I might just let the claim go on and get a refund from Paypal instead. I don't wanna rely on Toymunkey to give me my money back. Or I might just cancel entirely since BBTS has preorders open for it now. Man, Toymunkey really fucked this up royally.

Fuck 'em. At this point, I wouldn't let them worm their way out of it. This mess is entirely their own doing.

LiK

Fuck 'em. At this point, I wouldn't let them worm their way out of it. This mess is entirely their own doing.

yea, one person let the claim go through and got a refund. I am a bit peeved they would ask for more money for shipping considering I already paid for the shipping they had listed on the site AND because of the delays. Maybe they should just ship them all and take the hit.

Some people replied like me and didn't get a response yet so I'm dubious about their sincerity concerning this. I'll try and ask them to cancel if they want me to pay for the full shipping amounts instead of the difference. Because it would be $31 total for shipping if they add that onto my original payment. No thanks.

kewlmyc

Quick question FigureGAF, with trade figure packs like the one in the link, do I get all of the figures or are they randomized and I might get 3 on one character and 0 of another character? I don't want to throw down this type of money only to not get all of the figures. Please help...

http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=FIG-COL-6161&page=top

Between Persona, Attack on Titan, and Danganronpa, I'm gonna be broke as hell. The slope is very steep. :(

LiK

Quick question FigureGAF, with trade figure packs like the one in the link, do I get all of the figures or are they randomized and I might get 3 on one character and 0 of another character? I don't want to throw down this type of money only to not get all of the figures. Please help...

http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=FIG-COL-6161&page=top

Between Persona, Attack on Titan, and Danganronpa, I'm gonna be broke as hell. The slope is very steep. :(

You usually get the full set from my experience. There have been cases where I got doubles or triples and didn't get the full set. The secret figures are also a gamble. It depends on the maker. Not sure about this one tho.

chrono01

Mikasa figma back on HS:

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10241210

I just pre-ordered her. I wasn't going to but, seeing as to how hard she is simply to pre-order [already!] I didn't want to take the risk of wanting her but then not being able to find her later. I do love her character, as well as the series.

I was going to pass on Vivi [One Piece], but now I might try to pre-order her at HS [since AmiAmi will likely crash again] just so I can combine shipping for the two.

Edit - Mikasa is sold out...again.

Toki767

It is a foot tall though. Alter just seems to be raising their prices in general. Wonder if other companies will follow suit, though I guess when you're the #1 maker you get to demand a certain premium.

chrono01

Yeah, nothing but bishoujos. :D
I'm not particularly interested in that line, but I do admit that they're more than reasonably priced. It's too bad the same can't be said for everything else. :(

I understand the need for some to be 10,000+ yen, but it's becoming more and more "normal" to see figures priced that high when they don't appear to do anything that those under 10,000 yen don't. The pose looks great, and I'm sure the coloring/shading/attention to detail will all be top-tier [after all, this is Alter], but I'm really finding it difficult to see why she's priced as high as she is.

It is a foot tall though. Alter just seems to be raising their prices in general. Wonder if other companies will follow suit, though I guess when you're the #1 maker you get to demand a certain premium.

It's gotta be related to the size or number of accessories she comes with. Because $150 for a 1/7 scale is beyond reasonable.

2014 - Nothing but bishoujos.

chrono01

Do these tend to be available in some quantity around launch? I'm regretting not preordering now.
Figma's [the popular ones] tend to be difficult to find at release.

GSC still has her available [and comes with an exclusive base!] but she's for full retail price and they charge $20 for their "EMS" shipping.

http://goodsmile-global.ecq.sc/top/maxfigwd00203.html

I say "EMS" since the company they used previously to handle their shipments was horrible. My Snow Miku 2013 sat in their warehouse for over three weeks before being shipped out. I received it just under a month of it supposedly being "shipped". ~_~

Thankfully GSC has stated that they're no longer using them and will ship the figures themselves [directly from Japan], so hopefully the shipping issues won't be a bother any more. That being said, I won't pre-order anything new [I already have Makise Kurisu - Lab Coat Ver. pre-ordered from them] until I know for sure.

Dam chrono beat me too it

It's more expensive with gsc obviously especially since there is no discount. But it's a good way to secure the figure. Its better than.going through ebay for sure but I'd personally wait to see if another pre order batch goes through for any of the other distributors. Thats how I pre ordered mine.

LiK

Figma's [the popular ones] tend to be difficult to find at release.

GSC still has her available [and comes with an exclusive base!] but she's for full retail price and they charge $20 for their "EMS" shipping.

http://goodsmile-global.ecq.sc/top/maxfigwd00203.html

I say "EMS" since the company they used previously to handle their shipments was horrible. My Snow Miku 2013 sat in their warehouse for over three weeks before being shipped out. I received it just under a month of it supposedly being "shipped". ~_~

Thankfully GSC has stated that they're no longer using them and will ship the figures themselves [directly from Japan], so hopefully the shipping issues won't be a bother any more. That being said, I won't pre-order anything new [I already have Makise Kurisu - Lab Coat Ver. pre-ordered from them] until I know for sure.

Good to know they changed shippers. The stories were bad. I'll probably preorder from them if it's truly exclusive from them only.

Toki767

vertex will be making a noel cp fig

Really? Interest peaked. Noel was my favorite character to use in the game. Also think she had the best design. I hope it's 1/8 scale though. I can't do anything over 1/7. Though Noel is short, so maybe.

Edit: Oh...eh...I'm not sure I like that her nipples are practically sticking out.

Really? Interest peaked. Noel was my favorite character to use in the game. Also think she had the best design. I hope it's 1/8 scale though. I can't do anything over 1/7. Though Noel is short, so maybe.

Edit: Oh...eh...I'm not sure I like that her nipples are practically sticking out.

Eh don't care really, have to see it in color.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom