• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT| Where has all of my money gone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
AmiAmi will send a final quote when what you have ordered is in stock. If you have chosen combine orders in any form, they will wait until all orders expected Ina given month arrive. At that point, you can see precise shipping costs and make your final selection.

EMS takes about 3-days to get to California, and I'd expect similar for Montreal since it is express mail. You didn't ask but SAL normally takes 10 days to get to me, EXCEPT late November - January when it'll take over a month. Christmas fucks everything up.

Cool, I just ordered one item that was in stock, so I hope they get back to me soon with the total cost so I can pay and have my stuff next week.

Huge ass box, no customs charge, delivery cost though ='( However <3 BigInJapan (1st order as well)
8naWTyU.jpg

9Sy5bBu.jpg
DeadRockstar did yours arrive as well?

hey for your guys mitsuru, do both legs fit in the peg without stretching the legs? Mine doesn't so I only have the back leg in the peg while the front leg is just on the base. It seems stable due to it being level'd out, its just the peg sticks out >_>

Huge ass box, no customs charge, delivery cost though ='( However <3 BigInJapan (1st order as well)

Yeah, mine came today as well. 3rd package in as many days from the Parcelforce delivery guy. We're practically friends at this point.

BiJ are good people. Packaging is nice and they'll combine orders for the month as well, if you ask.

hey for your guys mitsuru, do both legs fit in the peg without stretching the legs? Mine doesn't so I only have the back leg in the peg while the front leg is just on the base. It seems stable due to it being level'd out, its just the peg sticks out >_>

I have both of the pegs in but it did require a bit of a stretch. Seems like it will stay like that without a problem though.

chrono01

Nice purchase, enjoy!

Yeah, BIJ is great. I use them mostly for exclusives that I don't mind paying up-front, and they've always been amazing about it.

Prompt shipping.
Great communication [when required].
Incredible packing.

I highly recommend them.

Yeah, mine came today as well. 3rd package in as many days from the Parcelforce delivery guy. We're practically friends at this point.
I kind of fell bad for my delivery woman. I get packages weekly [sometimes multiples], and the ones from AmiAmi are massive [due to them being combined orders]. I know it's her job and everything to deliver them, but I can't help but feel a bit guilty when they're as constant as they are for me [I just received the Before Meteor OST from CDJapan today and Shanks - Marineford Ver. will likely arrive next week and then Cat Lap Milk/AmiAmi order for September after that].

She's super-nice, though, which is great.

sky

Got this beauty in yesterday, and opened her up:
:D

50YZSz9.jpg

I've wanted her for ages, but she hasn't popped up much.
She looks great! I kept my expectations in check ;) and overall I'm quite pleased.

She was a "B" on amiami preowned, and she does have a few *small* marks on her. But they are not really obvious or distracting, so I'm not too bothered.

sca2511

Is there a limit to how many picture you can upload onto MFC? I was trying to upload all the ones I took of everything today but it just wouldn't load. Ended up just making an album on imgur.

What do you guys think? Do the risers make it look more organized?

Great pictures, I really want that Blue Batgirl (for that OG color goodness) even though I do prefer the black variation. Risers make it look more organized and less cramped, awesome stuff. And that Selvaria, jealous.

LiK

Got this beauty in yesterday, and opened her up:
:D

50YZSz9.jpg

I've wanted her for ages, but she hasn't popped up much.
She looks great! I kept my expectations in check ;) and overall I'm quite pleased.

She was a "B" on amiami preowned, and she does have a few *small* marks on her. But they are not really obvious or distracting, so I'm not too bothered.

Looks great. The sun really makes the pic vibrant.

Nice get Sky, I love the colour scheme on that figure. Looks at home in the sun as well.

I kind of fell bad for my delivery woman. I get packages weekly [sometimes multiples], and the ones from AmiAmi are massive [due to them being combined orders]. I know it's her job and everything to deliver them, but I can't help but feel a bit guilty when they're as constant as they are for me [I just received the Before Meteor OST from CDJapan today and Shanks - Marineford Ver. will likely arrive next week and then Cat Lap Milk/AmiAmi order for September after that].

She's super-nice, though, which is great.

I know what you mean. The houses around mine get packages really infrequently from what the delivery people tell me. Between my housemates buying shoes and clothes, and my figures, we're getting packages constantly. Also for quite a while my house had no number plate for identification, so I kept getting asked if it was the right place, which I felt bad about and fixed eventually :p I tip them at Christmas though at least.

Toki767

Haha. 41980 yen...

http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=FIG-MOE-04680

Good thing I have Final Fantasy XIV to distract me now when I see figinstock emails pop up, or else I might be inclined to spend more money.

Ouch...that's like 3 years of FFXIV. If it survives having a subscription fee for 3 years anyways lol

Just bought this Lacus figure used off Amiami for 3030 yen. It's an A/C item so the box is damaged but it looks like it wasn't opened. I've been wanting this figure for a while too so I'm happy with the price.

Elizabeth is 20% off at BiJ, 7,840 JPY. I might bite at that price.

I really should start doing that.

How much do you traditionally tip them? I was thinking something like $5 a package or so.

I was hesitant to do it since I'm not sure if they're even allowed to take tips here in Canada. >_<

In the past years I've done a flat tip of £10 in a Christmas card for Parcelforce/Royal Mail, since that's enough to buy an album or something. I might go per package like you say if the UK had a dollar currency, but I want to avoid giving coins and £5s add up quickly.

chrono01

the past years I've done a flat tip of £10 in a Christmas card for Parcelforce/Royal Mail, since that's enough to buy an album or something. I might go per package like you say if the UK had a dollar currency, but I want to avoid giving coins and £5s add up quickly.
I like your idea of putting the money in a Christmas card. I just might adopt that for my own!

Umm..hi there..

FIGURE-002269.jpg

Very expensive (it seems to become the norm doesn't it?). Also her previous version is still available for sale which means she will probably follow suit. Hmm...
That certainly doesn't leave much to the imagination, and even if it did...it opens up in the front to show you everything.

So pricey, though. It's a pass for me.

Never heard of Prison School. What is that?
It's an ecchi manga.

Basically she's a member of the student council, and doesn't mind providing "punishment", if you know what I mean.

Thanks for the tip. Bought from Big in Japan. I hope they're trustworthy (went with Pay Later option). They are trustworthy right?

Yeah they are. They're very quick to send out invoices when items come in stock and ship the next day if you pay fast. I got a package from them yesterday and another shipped out today.

------------------

Any Love Live! fans in the house? I'm not much of a swimsuit guy, but Koto have got me this time. Honoka:

tumblr_mt24uy0tHV1qzdctco1_500.jpg

Kotobukiya seem to be on a roll recently.

elizbeth's po is out . I got the red one due to limited and xmas theme with a release date in dec.
I would go red if I already had an Elizabeth figure so gotta go classic blue lol
Elizabeth is 20% off at BiJ, 7,840 JPY. I might bite at that price.
Amiami has an "Ami Amiexclusive mini wall scroll" doubt it'll be worth the extra 1,600JPY, especially the likely chance we'll get custom charged XD, BiJ it is. Which version you getting?

That certainly doesn't leave much to the imagination, and even if it did...it opens up in the front to show you everything.

So pricey, though. It's a pass for me.

She caught my eye, and I almost bought the last version of her (the one that came out last month). But then I saw some pics on MFC, and she has some nasty, nasty seams under the cast-off clothing.

Dayum, maybe I need to get into this series...

I read a few chapters of the manga. It's alright. Plenty of boobs, though.
Which is probably the main reason for its popularity.

Just got my custom joker head from madxcollector yesterday. It came out great. The paint job on the original head is still better QC-wise but I absolutely needed the Death of The Family portrait(alternate head) for my Joker
bBM1tlkl.jpg
jlWD2f2l.jpg

Going to have to pass on Elizabeth. BIJ's price is good, but I already have 3 expensive orders in December.

Eh, she still seems a bit pricey given the simplicity of the pose. It's probably just the Persona tax. I expect to see heavy Attack On Titan taxes in 2014.

Anyway, if figure prices level off at about $100 per, then I'm going to be a lot pickier with my orders next year.

Jayhawk

I'm passing on the Elizabeth as well, even though I prefer it over the D-Arts I already pre-ordered. I hope I will be fine with the D-Arts combination of Elizabeth and Thanatos.

Giolon

Elizabeth ordered! I've been waiting so long for this.

Spiderwoman is an interesting Bishoujo choice. I guess we'll know they've run out of options when they get to Squirrel Girl.

I'm waiting for She-Hulk. If they do her up as well as Power Girl and Wonder Woman, oh boy my wallet is in trouble.

Giolon

I don't get the big deal with Spiderwoman. That pose is fairly crotch-focused and the spiderwebs look like the world's worst armpit hair. Maybe it's b/c I'm not familiar with the character, but the need to gender flip all the super heroes has always struck me as weird (and that includes She-Hulk).

Also, don't be so confident about the mask saving her face - they screwed up Harley Quinn's face royally.

I don't get the big deal with Spiderwoman. That pose is fairly crotch-focused and the spiderwebs look like the world's worst armpit hair. Maybe it's b/c I'm not familiar with the character, but the need to gender flip all the super heroes has always struck me as weird (and that includes She-Hulk).

It's the easiest thing to understand. What's better than Spider-Man? Spider-Man with tits! What's better than Wolverine? Wolverine with tits! See, here's a sample formula (and probably the one Yamashita is working off of):

Wolverine¹ + Tits² = X²³

Also, don't be so confident about the mask saving her face - they screwed up Harley Quinn's face royally.

Eh, Harley Quinn doesn't really have a mask. It's mostly face paint. Thus, they can still fuck up the eyes in that case... and they did. If anything gets fucked up on a bisho's face, its usually the eyelashes. The second version of Black Widow had horrible eyelashes.

Giolon

It's the easiest thing to understand. What's better than Spider-Man? Spider-Man with tits! What's better than Wolverine? Wolverine with tits! See, here's a sample formula (and probably the one Yamashita is working off of):

Wolverine¹ + Tits² = X²³
Well, when you put it that way, it makes sense! XD These characters just often feel like ripoffs to me. Why not create an all new character with all new special powers/abilities/traits rather than "X" with Tits™?

I think Yamashita's formula is:

take sensible outfit - pants + minimum D-cup + great legs + cute face = profit

And then Kotobukiya goes and mangles half the faces. I'm still hoping Chun Li's turns out better than the prototype...

Well, when you put it that way, it makes sense! XD These characters just often feel like ripoffs to me. Why not create an all new character with all new special powers/abilities/traits rather than "X" with Tits&#8482;?

You really can't claim one is a rip-off of the male counterpart when it's usually a case of a comic publisher "ripping off" one of their own characters.Spider-Man / Spider-Woman? Both owned by Marvel. DC took it to an extreme. Who knows how many Bat-people they have running around. Batman, Batgirl, Batwoman, Batwing....

I think Yamashita's formula is:

take sensible outfit - pants + minimum D-cup + great legs + cute face = profit

And then Kotobukiya goes and mangles half the faces. I'm still hoping Chun Li's turns out better than the prototype...

Yeah. Some of them do come out looking pretty bad, or just plain "meh". But the ones that come out well (Poison Ivy) are outstanding.

I'm also hoping they do something with Chun's face. Other than that, she looks like a great figure. He even managed to show some definition in the ass despite it being covered. lololol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom