• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT| Where has all of my money gone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

chrono01

The Japanese side is up. Maybe they took down the English side to help with the POP server load and forgot to put it back up.
I'm going to guess that the Japanese/English equivalents are on different servers and only the English one crashed. The reason it hasn't been fixed yet is because it's still early morning in Japan and they simply haven't gotten around to it.

I can't seem them intentionally taking the English portion offline to stop those outside of Japan from purchasing the One Piece figures, as so many are guessing [not here, but on MFC]. Why would they want to cease sales on anything, especially the numerous other items they have for sale on their site. If they really wanted to do that they simply wouldn't list it on the English site at all, similar to how AmiAmi doesn't list the Sailor Moon Figuarts on their English website.

Hoping Vivi pops up elsewhere.
HLJ should have her today.

If I see her become available, or hear the time at which she'll become available, I'll let you know.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
You haven't seen Code Geass? You gotta watch it.

Indeed. There's something about the elongated proportions that I really dig, unrealism and all. Dark skinned figures are so rare, and rarely are they done so well. And since she has a jacket, I don't teachnically consider it a swimsuit figure, but I know that's a cop out. XD She stays in her box.

Also, if you haven't seen Code Geass, you really must watch it. It was all available on Crunchyroll last I checked. The first half is better than the second, but it's one of those gripping series that manages to more or less stick the landing.

Thanks for the recommendations! I'll put it on my list of things to watch.

Labrys

The Dangan Ronpa 2 Monomi Nendoroid was apparently released recently...
So upset I wasn't able to get a pre-order down for her. I have the Monokuma re-release pre-ordered but it's not looking like she's gonna get one. Can't find her on Mandarake, either...

Cheska

Is there a limit to how many picture you can upload onto MFC? I was trying to upload all the ones I took of everything today but it just wouldn't load. Ended up just making an album on imgur.

3cXb3CV.jpg

MM108dr.jpg

More pictures of the collection! What do you guys think? Do the risers make it look more organized?

Giolon

Twenty-two pictures should've been fine uploading 5-10 at a time. You want to be careful though. They can be picky about non-figure/anime related stuff like the shots that are just photos of video game posters.

I think the risers look pretty good and help make different items on the shelves stand out. That DC Bishoujo shelf is my favorite. I'd recommend rotating Catwoman though so her face is showing a little more forward as it'll create a better silhouette profile, but that's just me.

Also, on Valkyria Selvaria, while she's perfectly capable of holding out that lance w/o the support, gravity is the enemy. I noticed mine started to droop after just a couple weeks after I got it, so I put the support under it post-haste.

Cheska

Also, on Valkyria Selvaria, while she's perfectly capable of holding out that lance w/o the support, gravity is the enemy. I noticed mine started to droop after just a couple weeks after I got it, so I put the support under it post-haste.

Gah, I wanted to avoid it as much as I could. I placed it under her but it just looked like it was in the way :(

Thanks for the suggestions though! :D

LiK

Is there a limit to how many picture you can upload onto MFC? I was trying to upload all the ones I took of everything today but it just wouldn't load. Ended up just making an album on imgur.

More pictures of the collection! What do you guys think? Do the risers make it look more organized?

ok, i wanna pick up the Imuka Nendo now. I liked her in Project X Zone. Maybe also pick up the other chick too.

IMore pictures of the collection! What do you guys think? Do the risers make it look more organized?

That's a standard detolf, right? It certainly makes things look less crowded, considering how many you have per shelf. I'll have to pick up some risers as well. As it stands, I generally limit things to three figures per shelf, but I could probably go one or two more with risers.

Question, though... Are any of the figures you have elevated the type with an exceptionally large base? Do any of the bases hang over the side of the risers? A little thing, but I'm anal about stuff like that.

chrono01

Asuna [GSC] up at their online store. I assume pre-orders will start at the other retail stores tonight:

http://goodsmile-global.ecq.sc/top/gscscawd00018.html

iqW5wpgn3hQUO.jpg

I have Kotobukiya's version, so I don't really need this one [especially since I didn't love the anime], but this is sculpted by Kiking [Hatsune Miku - Cheerful Ver, Insane Black Rock Shooter] and Yokata Ken [Tohsaka Rin, Shinobu, Akemi Homura from GSC]. They're great sculptors, and April 2014 is a nice ways off [she's likely to be delayed further, too].

I'll wait to see what she costs at AmiAmi with the discount.

I was F5ing every secomd like Brock Lesnar...

Okay, that was an amusing analogy.

Asuna [GSC] up at their online store. I assume pre-orders will start at the other retail stores tonight:

I have Kotobukiya's version, so I don't really need this one [especially since I didn't love the anime], but this is sculpted by Kiking [Hatsune Miku - Cheerful Ver, Insane Black Rock Shooter] and Yokata Ken [Tohsaka Rin, Shinobu, Akemi Homura from GSC]. They're great sculptors, and April 2014 is a nice ways off [she's likely to be delayed further, too].

I'll wait to see what she costs at AmiAmi with the discount.

I've never watched SAO, but this is the first Asuna figure that caught my eye, besides the LOL-worthy "New Wives Always Say Yes" version

Toki767

I've never watched SAO, but this is the first Asuna figure that caught my eye, besides the LOL-worthy "New Wives Always Say Yes" version

I need to watch SAO myself, though everyone seems to be pretty down on it. At least the later half anyways. My cousin's son does really like it though so I might buy him an Asuna figure. Is she the most popular character on the show or something? Seems like it's always figures of her.

chrono01

I need to watch SAO myself, though everyone seems to be pretty down on it. At least the later half anyways. My cousin's son does really like it though so I might buy him an Asuna figure. Is she the most popular character on the show or something? Seems like it's always figures of her.
The first half was decent. Asuna was a strong [ish] character and Kirito wasn't as over-powered as he became in the second half. Not only that, the later half basically turned into a harem for Kirito, and what they did to Asuna...

I will not spoil it for you, I'll just say that the first-half is a lot better than the second. :(

Toki767

The first half was decent. Asuna was a strong [ish] character and Kirito wasn't as over-powered as he became in the second half. Not only that, the later half basically turned into a harem for Kirito, and what they did to Asuna...

I will not spoil it for you, I'll just say that the first-half is a lot better than the second. :(

Should I give up after the first half then?

chrono01

Should I give up after the first half then?
I'd say it's worth watching an episode or two to see how you feel towards the shift of things, and if they ever do another [which is probable] it would likely be best if you had seen the entire thing.

I know many have a seething hatred for the second half, and while I can definitely see why, I didn't dislike it as much as they seemingly did. It had its issues [a lot of them actually], but I didn't I didn't feel repulsed but it.

If you watch the first flag you're probably going to want to watch the second half, if just for the way it ends leading into it. It's essentially like reading half a book.

Also, Asuna up at BIJ for an insane price. 7,500 yen!

http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=CGD2-65958

Also at HS for 8,400 yen:

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10242955

AmiAmi for 8,050 yen:

http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/de..._preorderitem=1$pagemax=30$getcnt=0$pagecnt=1

Either way, I'll be waiting until I pre-order. I'm not going to commit to anything this far out. It's difficult to say what else April might hold...

You guys have no idea how difficult is it to hold my tongue when SAO comes up. The only thing I've disliked more in recent memory is Oreimo S2. It's a shame because I like some of the designs in the show and Asuna now has two nice figures.

Might grab that Asuna. Does BIJ allow you to cancel or anything?

Only if you do it early. I've heard of them refusing if you try it too close to release. Honestly go HLJ or Nippon-Yasan if you're unsure.

chrono01

where's my Vivi? :(
I'm really not sure. They might be waiting until 6PM Japan Time to put her up. :(

Might grab that Asuna. Does BIJ allow you to cancel or anything?
I haven't tried cancelling with them, but I don't think it's something they normally allow. If you're not 100% there's always HLJ. You'll pay a bit more, seeing as to how she's 8,866 yen, but at least you won't be locked into the purchase.

http://www.hlj.com/product/gsc44207

You guys have no idea how difficult is it to hold my tongue when SAO comes up. The only thing I've disliked more in recent memory is Oreimo S2. It's a shame because I like some of the designs in the show and Asuna now has two nice figures.

So, tell us. How much do you love Sword Art Online? I've heard you're pretty much the world's biggest fan [more like the universe!], and have even gone so far as to consider changing your real-life name to Kirito.

Disclaimer - The above is in no way true and does not accurately describe DeadRockStar's feelings towards the anime series "Sword Art Online".

chrono01

thanks man. man, only 5% discount. will def cancel if AmiAmi opens preorders again.
No worries, glad to hear that you were successful.

Yeah, the very slight discount hurts things, but when it comes to One Piece pre-orders [as you know] you basically take what you can get. :(

Just scored Saber Dress Code on BiJ! Awesome, I was hoping they'd put up spare stock once she was in, since NY always marks up post release.

That's my 5th Saber this month.

So, tell us. How much do you love Sword Art Online? I've heard you're pretty much the world's biggest fan [more like the universe!], and have even gone so far as to consider changing your real-life name to Kirito.

Disclaimer - The above is in no way true and does not accurately describe DeadRockStar's feelings towards the anime series "Sword Art Online".

Haha. No, you got me. It's all lies, I just want to keep Asuna for myself ;_;

StayDead

My Sakura Miku Strawberry Kimono ver. arrived! It's been a long wait and I can't open it until later, but damn the box is nice/heavy.

Only reason I hated Oreimo S2 was because Ayase didn't win. :(

Hello figure GAF, I have a question for all of you experts, I just placed my first order with amiami so, how long does it take for them to get back to me with the total amount including shipping? also, how long does it take a shipment (EMS?) to arrive? I am in Montreal/Canada.

thank you guys.

Giolon

Hello figure GAF, I have a question for all of you experts, I just placed my first order with amiami so, how long does it take for them to get back to me with the total amount including shipping? also, how long does it take a shipment (EMS?) to arrive? I am in Montreal/Canada.

thank you guys.

AmiAmi will send a final quote when what you have ordered is in stock. If you have chosen combine orders in any form, they will wait until all orders expected Ina given month arrive. At that point, you can see precise shipping costs and make your final selection.

EMS takes about 3-days to get to California, and I'd expect similar for Montreal since it is express mail. You didn't ask but SAL normally takes 10 days to get to me, EXCEPT late November - January when it'll take over a month. Christmas fucks everything up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom