• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT2| NSFWallet

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want it, but I'm not so sure it's an $85+ kind of want. That's why I'm undecided.

Well, it's good to know you have some sanity left. ;)

Personally, I wouldn't even think of spending that kind of money on a Nendo. But I also don't care about Nendos. But if you equate it to any old thing I really really wanted, then $85 isn't too horrendous a price to pay. It's just a matter of how much it's worth to you.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
To a lot of people Pokémon Red is the embodiment of a part of their childhood, and that's why they're willing to spend so much. It doesn't hurt that the chibi sprite perfectly translates into a nendoroid.

chrono01

Personally, I wouldn't even think of spending that kind of money on a Nendo. But I also don't care about Nendos. But if you equate it to any old thing I really really wanted, then $85 isn't too horrendous a price to pay. It's just a matter of how much it's worth to you.
Haha. Some, but not a lot!

Yeah, I keep looking at the price and thinking to myself. That's literally the cost of a full-scale figure. A nice full-scale figure, at that. I get that the Nendoroid is an exclusive, and in high-demand, but I've ordered many other exclusive items for cheaper than this, and they weren't a standard Nendoroid. I'm finding it incredibly difficult to press the "Add to Cart" button because of this. If it were...$20-$25 cheaper, it would already be ordered. But it's not.

I can understand why SunyShore are charging what they are, though. Personally, I would hate to pick up 50+ orders and manually ship them out, especially considering it's one person doing it all. I'm not upset at the owner of the site, in-fact, I appreciate her taking the time to do this for those outside of Japan. I'm more frustrated at GSC [or rather, the one holding it back from International sales] than anything else.

If it weren't for the nostalgia factor [some of my most fond memories growing up were playing Pokémon Red/Blue on the GB], it'd be an easy pass for me. That's why the want, and price needed to obtain that want, are tormenting me. ~_~

Ken

To a lot of people Pokémon Red is the embodiment of a part of their childhood, and that's why they're willing to spend so much. It doesn't hurt that the chibi sprite perfectly translates into a nendoroid.

That's super weird to me. The first Pokemon games were a part of my childhood as well, but I always saw the character as myself, not this Red guy, which I guess explains why I have no real desire or attachment to get that Nendo?

javac

That's super weird to me. The first Pokemon games were a part of my childhood as well, but I always saw the character as myself, not this Red guy, which I guess explains why I have no real desire or attachment to get that Nendo?

Yeah I don't have any attachments to him either, he just looks rad as hell. I was more into the Pokémon cards and the anime if I'm honest. Red just looks like Ash to me. If fact I'd prefer a Nendoroid Ash or Misty :0
or Team Rocket Duo.

Yeah I don't have any attachments to him either, he just looks rad as hell. I was more into the Pokémon cards and the anime if I'm honest. Red just looks like Ash to me. If fact I'd prefer a Nendoroid Ash or Misty :0
or Team Rocket Duo.

I'd prefer an Ash one as well. I saw some of the anime first and then played the games.

javac

I'd prefer an Ash one as well. I saw some of the anime first and then played the games.

On one hand I'd like them to make Ash because I'd like that, naturally. But on the other hand it'd just be exclusive and limited and I can't deal with the heartache.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Shouldn't Nendoroid Red be very easy to get from Pokemon Centers? I see Pokemon Center stuff frequently on eBay at decent prices, so I assume stuff there are in plentiful stock.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus

Well, you are Red, so it's a nendo of you!

I think that's the logic behind it, though. Maybe I'm misinterpreting it.

WolfStark

Everyone has a different view of what something is worth and at which point it isn't anymore. To me a brand or character or pure nostalgia can justify a higher price to some degree but I always compare the stuff to other products and the development cost. Something can be tremendously cool but if I have the feeling, that the shop or developers (private market excluded) try to use that nostalgia, character or brand not to make money but to screw me, it just doesn't matter anymore. Personally I think the Red is way overpriced, I couldn't reconcile a buy with my conscience but it seems it is more Nintendos fault as GSC's.

RocBase

Wow, never thought I'd see you say this.

Ken

I always saw the character as Ash. Not myself or Red.

That's weird for me too because it clashes with the Ash I know from the anime, who gets Misty and Brock to follow him around unlike in the game. At least, that's what my younger self thought.

omlet

How do you find your tags?

Bonus tab on your collection.

rX8ulTm.jpg

Edit: Why bother with yours, all you have is a million mikus anyway, right?! :D

So one of my May figures from AmiAmi got delayed, and now they're showing a "Late 2014" for my entire order despite two of the three being in-stock. Do I have to email them about this fuck-up, or will they correct it on their own?

Bombless

So one of my May figures from AmiAmi got delayed, and now they're showing a "Late 2014" for my entire order despite two of the three being in-stock. Do I have to email them about this fuck-up, or will they correct it on their own?
You have to email them, unless you want to wait a week or two until they realise it.

Hmm, not sure what figure I'll get next. Pray for another Momohime reprint?

I'm not sure at this point. I think it depends. After her initial release, she's had only one reissue. But I'm willing to bet the last one was simply because Kongiku was being released as well. So I wouldn't necessarily count on another reissue unless they end up releasing another character from the game.

Luigi87

Just browsing AmiAmi and NY out of... payday being the other day.

I think about pre-ordering the figure of Kyoko from Danganronpa. I look at her and one thought is, "I wish she were 1/7 scale..." (something I never thought about before @_@), and then on the other, "She has such a great base and pose..."

kewlmyc

I'm not sure at this point. I think it depends. After her initial release, she's had only one reissue. But I'm willing to bet the last one was simply because Kongiku was being released as well. So I wouldn't necessarily count on another reissue unless they end up releasing another character from the game.

It was also around the time the game got re-released on Vita. So, yeah.

I think about pre-ordering the figure of Kyoko from Danganronpa. I look at her and one thought is, "I wish she were 1/7 scale..." (something I never thought about before @_@), and then on the other, "She has such a great base and pose..."

She's definitely a great-looking figure. I'm still undecided on whether I'm going to buy her or not.

Well focus more on the base and pose!

You should but you won't. Same for Nanami.

I have Kirigiri ordered through N-Y, and I'm really close to just paying for it now... $107 shipped. If I do that, I'll have no choice but to buy Nanami. Only reason I didn't by Junko is because she's non-scale and I have to assume Phat will make a figure of her eventually anyway.

Luigi87

Bah, I think I may need to pass on Kyoko for the time being, and hope for stock come July... I was planning to order her with the Lagiacrus plushie from MH3U (so adorable), but due to different months releases, AmiAmi won't let me combine.

On top of that I will be going to Japan in July, so... I'll try my luck then and see what's available where.

I need to stop browsing...as getting a raise for a few checks and so much new free! stuff there is making me get large orders :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom