• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT2| NSFWallet

Status
Not open for further replies.

omlet

Re: Mahouka talk, yeah, that has to be the best "so terrible it's great" show of the season.

That's a sculptor (already a separate db field for that), a product line (already a separate db field for that), a manufacturer (already a... you get the picture), and then the last two are just stupid. The first is redundant with both the already-listed "figma" tag (and the corresponding db field that makes that tag itself redundant), and the separate, plain "female" tag, which for some reason isn't listed at all, despite the fact that when I do a search on it in my collection, it returns a number of results that dwarfs the #1 listed tag. Similarly for "female_figure", which is pointless given the fact that obviously the item is filed in the Figures section of the DB, rather than Goods or Media, and the previously-mentioned "female" tag.

I see what you mean. That's kind of silly. Maybe I will take the suggestion to heart and do some tag checking on at least the figures I own. Do it for her, et cetera, you know.

Also realized I didn't link to my collection earlier. Quote to see link if you want to add me or something.http://myfigurecollection.net/collection/Veers

omlet

I've only seen episode 1 so far, but it feels like things are a bit... incest-y. o_O

You could make the argument that it's technically not, since it's rather a one-sided thing from the sister so (at least so far) nothing incest-y really happens, but... yeah... it's brocon to the max, and even if the brother doesn't really reciprocate like she seems to want him to, she (and the show) don't waste chances to play things up for maximum wink-wink-nudge-nudge (or outright fanservice).

RocBase

So apparently the Red Nendoroid is already sold out on Amazon.jp. Well there goes my chance of obtaining him, and there's no way I'll pay the [more than likely] outrageous after-market prices for him.

This is your fault, GSC. I, and many others, want to give you our money. Since you seem content to leave the Red Nendoroid as Japan-only, I will spend this money elsewhere. It's a shame, I did want him.
Yeah, said this before but I too would've probably bought it were it a standard release, really sucks how they made Red exclusive. With something as big as Pokemon, they're only feeding the pockets of scalpers at this rate. Don't you want any of that dosh Nin/GSC???

For those desperate for a Red, my usual Pokecen contact is still taking pre-orders, since she can pre-order on site. Right now it's at $85, since it's sold out everywhere, and she requires payment upfront. I can vouch for her that she's legit, since I've bought from her many times in the past.

Ordered, thanks for the recommendation. I'll be in Japan myself late Sept/early Oct, but I can't guarantee I'll have time to duck to a Pokémon Center to pick one up for myself. This makes life a little easier :)

javac

There's a scan out there of a painted Mako Fight Club President Banpresto Figure and there's a non-painted scan on MFC with Satsuki and Ryuko her Goku uniform too. They look pretty cool.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Filled out my collection - http://myfigurecollection.net/collection/Tempy
Dominated by Nendoroids. I want a few more large figures, but at those prices I become a bit more pickier. And they also take up space.

Not added are boxes of Petit-Nendoroids of Vocaloids, Haruhi, Lucky Star, Madoka; and Minicchu boxes of Idolm@ster Cinderella Girls. Also a bunch of Pinky Streets and older figures of Scrapped Princess, Love Hina, etc.

javac

Shiranui Mai - Skytube - 1/6 - Black ver. (Alphamax) 6k
x7TPZsd.jpg

Ultimadrago

Two weeks worth of damage.

Have to start somewhere, I guess?

*sob*

tumblr_l7n418dncp1qb0oek5j.jpg

Filled out my collection - http://myfigurecollection.net/collection/Tempy
Dominated by Nendoroids. I want a few more large figures, but at those prices I become I bit more pickier. And they also take up space.

Not added are boxes of Petit-Nendoroids of Vocaloids, Haruhi, Lucky Star, Madoka; and Minicchu boxes of Idolm@ster Cinderella Girls. Also a bunch of Pinky Streets and older figures of Scrapped Princess, Love Hina, etc.

D'aaaw, those little Puchi!

kiryogi

Banned
Her name seems kinda...spoilery. I should watch this show. Nice figure in any case. Looks cool. 20k isn't too bad I guess but not for me.

TBH the threshold of limitations on her spoil is gone now that the figure is announced. It's been a good 6 months since theatrical release.

I really do like the figure, just not enough to lose my shit and pay insane Aniplex prices.

TBH the threshold of limitations on her spoil is gone now that the figure is announced. It's been a good 6 months since theatrical release.

Yeah, I'm usually LTTP on import films, and even I've seen Rebellion at this point.

javac

Yeah, I'm usually LTTP on import films, and even I've seen Rebellion at this point.

Ha I take my time. I have the set on bluray and I still can't be bothered to pop it in. It's only 13 episodes but shits taxing. I just feel unmotivated. Maybe one day.

Ha I take my time. I have the set on bluray and I still can't be bothered to pop it in. It's only 13 episodes but shits taxing. I just feel unmotivated. Maybe one day.

Dude. Madoka is a stunning series. I know it seems like generic magical girl bullshit, but it only is until episode 3, then shit gets real. And it's 12 episodes, not 13. ;)

Also, this might cost a few dollars:

javac

Dude. Madoka is a stunning series. I know it seems like generic magical girl bullshit, but it only is until episode 3, then shit gets real. And it's 12 episodes, not 13. ;)

I don't deny that. Just can't muster up any enthusiasm for anything these days. I could watch Madoka in a day right now. I've seen many 13 episode shows in one sitting but that was a while back. Kill La Kill was different however. It just gave me a massive kick up my backside. Twice as long as Madoka but man I was giggling waiting to watch it every day. Couldn't wait. It was the most excited I've been in years. Sad really.

Figure GAF DYK Freezasaurus has already contributed to 10%, well 9% atm, of the posts in this thread ;D.

Also ^ Figure preorder prices are getting more and more higher ='(

Figure GAF DYK Freezasaurus has already contributed to 10%, well 9% atm, of the posts in this thread ;D.

I'll make sure I'm at 50% by the time OT3 rolls around.

We knew that, though. Because with figures like Benten and Devil Homura, figure companies are learning that some (apparently, enough) people will throw away exorbitant amounts of money on a pretty figure.

Ryuuroden

Yeah they are, I have to be much more selective since I have other hobbies. On a related note, I just bought a Nikon D5300 DSLR this weekend. Now I am just shopping for the right lenses to get for it. All I have right now is the kit lens. I thought about the 7100 but its been like 8-10 years since i've used SLR's so I didn't want to spend 1000 dollars more to get it rather than the perfectly fine D5300. Of course I am still going to end up spending a bunch on lenses anyways.

Yeah, I've been even more selective than usual with how all the prices are now =/.

Have to be selective especially with gaming and other hobbies, but damn those figure collectors that are willing to go $200, everything's gone up T-T

kewlmyc

Yeah, I've been even more selective than usual with how all the prices are now =/.

Have to be selective especially with gaming and other hobbies, but damn those figure collectors that are willing to go $200, everything's gone up T-T

Tell me about it. Going to have to be a lot more selective on figures from here on out.

chrono01

Someone posted on GSC's Facebook about the Red Nendoroid being Japan-only. Apparently, it was as I expected, and has to do with the license, not GSC themselves. They said they're doing everything possible to make it Internationally available, so there's at least a little hope.

I'm tempted to just order mine from SunnyShore, but I know the moment I do, it will become available on GSC's store for a fraction of the cost. :/

Ken

I'm tempted to just order mine from SunnyShore, but I know the moment I do, it will become available on GSC's store for a fraction of the cost. :/

Your sacrifice won't be in vain! Think of all the people you'll help by getting it on the GSC store.

On the one hand, yes, prices are getting batshit crazy. But the $200 figures at least have some reasoning behind the pricing, seeing as they're larger and ridiculously detailed compared to most standard releases. When GSC starts charging $200 for a standard 1/8 figure, then it'll be time to pack it in and stick to your other hobbies.

What if I just SAY I ordered it, but actually didn't.

Do you think that will work?

If you want it as much as you obviously do, just order the fucking thing. Prices are only going to get worse after it gets released, and if it doesn't show up on the GSC store, you'll be up shit creek.

kewlmyc

Someone posted on GSC's Facebook about the Red Nendoroid being Japan-only. Apparently, it was as I expected, and has to do with the license, not GSC themselves. They said they're doing everything possible to make it Internationally available, so there's at least a little hope.

What license? Nintendo's? Game Freak's? It's so bizarre.

chrono01

If you want it as much as you obviously do, just order the fucking thing. Prices are only going to get worse after it gets released, and if it doesn't show up on the GSC store, you'll be up shit creek.
I want it, but I'm not so sure it's an $85+ kind of want. That's why I'm undecided.

What license? Nintendo's? Game Freak's? It's so bizarre.
I'm not sure, they just mentioned license. It must be Game Freak, since Nintendo has n problem selling Nendoroid of their characters [Luigi, Link, etc.].

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom