• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT2| NSFWallet

Status
Not open for further replies.

sca2511

I dislike it when I pre-order things and forget about it. I received GSC's Shinobu about a week ago and I didn't expect it at all.

I dislike it when I pre-order things and forget about it. I received GSC's Shinobu about a week ago and I didn't expect it at all.

You should really keep better track of that stuff. I keep a .txt file with all of the things I have pre-ordered (as well as things I just want) and their release dates. Not just figures, but games, books, everything.

PewPewK

Yeah, really should keep track of that stuff.

I have an excel doc that I constantly update.

I did that last year, though having an easy to access dollar amount that I had spent in 2013 on anime goods scared me so I'm not keeping track anymore...

I do, obviously, keep some track so that nothing surprises me. But a record of the exact dollar amount spent on this hobby is scary.

---

Anyway, here's a quick photo I took of Mahou Shoujo Miku earlier today. :)

qqzGTh3.png

I still haven't opened it yet, but if it is like the first case, there are 2 secret characters, lol

Oh that's good lol, repeats are useless XD, I had the Tales Nendoroid Petite as well and gave my extra Sophie to my cousin, cause what else was I gonna have a repeat for... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Oh that's good lol, repeats are useless XD, I had the Tales Nendoroid Petite as well and gave my extra Sophie to my cousin, cause what else was I gonna have a repeat for... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I think the worse set with repeats I gotten was this one:

Petit Chara Land "Tales of" Series Puchitto Issho Arc BOX

7 characters and 10 come in a box, lol

I split it with a friend and I think we both got a Flynn, Kyle and a Jude, lol

But, at least it's better than the sets where there are more characters than number of pieces in a box

mannnn setting up figures is hard.

Miku 2020 is HUGE sideways and was a pain to get one tail in (was scared to breaking something)
Elf is surprisingly easy to put together.

Also strike witches are hard to fit in a billy. Atleast putting 5 in one spot. I have to leave 2 out on the dresser since Lynette big as sniper makes her over 11 inches high >_>. I don't really care for the alternative pose with her aiming the rifle.

This museum putty is amazing tho. Its pretty strong and easy to remove and adjust

mannnn setting up figures is hard.

Miku 2020 is HUGE sideways and was a pain to get one tail in (was scared to breaking something)
Elf is surprisingly easy to put together.

I'm gonna dust my billy at some point tomorrow and swap out a few figures. I'll be putting Elf and SDCC Psylocke in the case. Miku wasn't difficult for me to assemble, I just kinda hate how much space she takes up, considering that billy bookcases aren't all that deep.

Gyrian

Unlicensed figures always make me smile a bit, like that recent not-Halle-Berry.
Just noticed this guy in Amiami, with the amazing name "Medicated Psychopath James".
He seemed familiar, but I couldn't place him right away.

YmnpBYC.jpg

I then noticed the manufacturer had another: "Mercenary Adam".

lhG1RAX.jpg

That's when I figured out who these guys were. Wait a minute, there's even one picture together!

lkMkQjh.jpg

What a strange, strange thing to emulate. So much after the fact, too.

xeNwwCk.jpg

I'm gonna dust my billy at some point tomorrow and swap out a few figures. I'll be putting Elf and SDCC Psylocke in the case. Miku wasn't difficult for me to assemble, I just kinda hate how much space she takes up, considering that billy bookcases aren't all that deep.

Yeah.... the older ones were 15 inches deep. These are 11 and it makes me sad. Those 4 inches would matterrrrrrr (thats what she said)

Ken

So uh, has anyone bought Hot Toys from AmiAmi before? Considering grabbing Star-Lord through them rather than directly from Hot Toys since shipping will be less complicated.

LiK

Oceania region. :eek:

I have a PO Box which sideshow doesnt seem to like. Don't have much problems if they just ship with EMS or something.

i dunno where that is, lol

yea, SS doesn't do PO Box. I don't think there will be any issues with buying Hot Toys from AmiAmi but you'll miss out ont he SS exclusive version of Star-Lord.

Ken

i dunno where that is, lol

yea, SS doesn't do PO Box. I don't think there will be any issues with buying Hot Toys from AmiAmi but you'll miss out ont he SS exclusive version of Star-Lord.

that one sold out last I checked though? or at least it's wishlist only, though those two accessories aren't a huge deal for me i think

javac

Just got this email:
This product will soon be in stock (No.407 - Kill la Kill - Nendoroid Matoi Ryuuko)
You can pay your order by clicking "pay my order" in your account.
If we don't receive your payment BEFORE 20 AUGUST 2014 08:00 AM Japan Time, your order will be cancelled.
Please understand that all your pre-orders can be cancelled and your account closed if you don't pay this pre-order.
If you have any question, feel free to ask us!
Kind regards

So Ryuuko Nendoroid is out on the 25th apparently.

javac

That reminds me, who's getting delayed this month! My money is on Amazon, with another delay for Kyoko. Calling them both right here.

Hm. I was looking at her the other day. What anime is she from?

Found her here Link The show is called Waiting in the Summer (Ano Natsu de Matteru) apparently.

Still hoping Phat Ryuko gets delayed...or comes out at the tailend of this month!

ryuuko from phat will get delayed. Phat hasn't released a figure on time in like 2 years? atleast.

I got nadeko and put it together and my god ...that shit is so unstable. its one small ass peg thats like l---l tall and its only ONE peg.

I just museum putty that shit and its super stable now.

Giolon

That reminds me, who's getting delayed this month! My money is on Amazon, with another delay for Kyoko. Calling them both right here.

Amazon just got a release date announced a few days ago for Aug 29, which happens to be the last business day of the month. I'd wager a delay is pretty likely.

chrono01

Kurosaki Mea [Max Factory]
Ryuko [Phat Company]

These are the two pre-orders for the month that I feel will be delayed. I was going to mention Sansei Muramasa [Wing], but I think they [more-or-less] get their figures out on-time. It's possible it might be delayed once, though.

Oh, I got my payment request for Shimakaze [Amakuni] from N-Y. It seems as though they expect her to be in-stock on the 20th.

ib17XBmpV6YUWb.jpg

So starts the KanColle collection...

Ultimadrago

Oh, I got my payment request for Shimakaze [Amakuni] from N-Y. It seems as though they expect her to be in-stock on the 20th.

ib17XBmpV6YUWb.jpg

So starts the KanColle collection...

Mm! Mm! Mm! Shimakaze.

If my wallet were looser on figures, it'd be a dead(er) man walking.

Alright, finally some got my Cammy photos taken this evening after going to see DBZ Battle of the Gods at the theater!

Here's a few bonus pics w/ Chun-Li!

Cammy's my favorite Street Fighter woman. Sweet figure and thanks for the pictures!

chrono01

Alright, finally some got my Cammy photos taken this evening after going to see DBZ Battle of the Gods at the theater!

Here's a few bonus pics w/ Chun-Li!
Nice pictures man, thanks for sharing!

Fujitora will be mine!
Haha, that infamous One Piece pre-order battle, huh? Thankfully I'm pretty much done with those, having secured the Straw Hat crew and several others beside, but I might be tempted if one comes along that looks amazing.

I wish you luck!

Mm! Mm! Mm! Shimakaze.

If my wallet were looser on figures, it'd be a dead(er) man walking.
Yeah, something about Shimakaze appeals to me. It's probably the bunny ears. Or the sailor outfit. Or the striped-socks. Or all of it.

I was debating between this and GSC's version, but I preferred Amakuni's since it was closer to her original source material and wasn't as..."fanservice-y" as GSC's. Well that and Amakuni is an exclusive meaning GSC's will likely be easier to find on the after-market if I get desperate. Both look great though, IMO.

I think I'm good with just one, though. I don't even want to get into the idea of collecting multiple of the KanColle girls.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom