• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT2| NSFWallet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you buy glass doors or are they just open? I can't fault you if you didn't, those doors are expensive as balls.

I dusted out my detolfs today. I'll get to the billy later this week, although it's not at all bad as far as dust buildup goes. Though I do want to rearrange some figures.

no doors. I viewed them as being too heavy (they are 50lbs total and the billys are only about 75lbs) and a risk.

I bought some makeup brush kit since MFC recommending that.

no doors. I viewed them as being too heavy (they are 50lbs total and the billys are only about 75lbs) and a risk.

I thought the same thing initially, but it's really fine since the billy comes with brackets to screw it into the wall. I can't stress enough how much of a pain in the ass the door assembly is, though. So you probably went about it the right way.

I'm probably going to buy another billy to use as an actual bookcase (shock!) since mine is getting a bit old, now.

haha gross. I can confirm he doesn't have a third leg or isn't nicknamed the "tripod" or anything like that ;)

He is in decent scale with the Tamashii Mario that just came out.

http://scontent-a.cdninstagram.com/hphotos-xaf1/t51.2885-15/10546530_609002052547309_24836695_n.jpg

Not my pictures.
WINNER.png

BowserBounty.png

Not my pictures.

He's pretty cool and for whatever reason Toys R Us had some sale where I got 20% off of him. He would have been $14.99 as is. Definitely worth picking up if you have that Mario. I figured if Bandai made one, he would have about the same pose-ability even with more articulation and almost look mechanical like some of their Pokemon do.

I would have taken better comparison pics but all my Nintendo figures (except Mario) are on my work desk.

In regards to Hot Toys, FINALLY getting around to setting my detolfs up and putting my figures on display.

Definitely gonna have to get some LED lights for the detolfs since my light in my man cave gives off a yellowish tint.

10549778_1451367678477481_5612549_n.jpg

Yea, thought about it. Just dunno which method to go about it. One long background for the whole shelf or individual backgrounds per shelf. What do most people use, print outs?

I don't collect HT figures, but the best ones I've seen have had a different themed backdrop that covers three sides of each shelf. So one shelf would be your Avengers HT figures, then another shelf would be Thor, Loki, etc.

chrono01

Swamp Witch delayed...again, after being scheduled to ship in just a few days.

http://www.goodsmile.info/en/post/3952/Swamp+Witch+Metallica+Delay+Notice.html

Thank you for your continued support of Good Smile Company products!

We regret to inform you that Phat! Company's Swamp Witch Metallica which was scheduled to ship on the 7th August has unfortunately been delayed due to some defects found in inspection samples. Due to this, we will be pushing back the release, however we are still hoping for an August release. We apologise for the inconvenience caused.

The following products have been affected:
  Swamp Witch Metallica

Previous Date: Shipping out from GSC on the 7th August 2014.
↓
New Date: August 2014
We shall inform you again as soon as a specific date can be determined.

GOOD SMILE COMPANY, INC

Nice to see that they're delaying it instead of pushing out a subpar product, but this figure really has received a long list of issues/delays. I feel bad for those looking forward to her.

Here's hoping the end-result is/was worth the wait!

meijiko

Well my August was a shitstorm waiting to happen, anyway, so I'm pretty alright with this delay. Even though I've been waiting for her forever. The beautiful Kilmaria will appease me this month, provided she doesn't get delayed as well.

chrono01

Well my August was a shitstorm waiting to happen, anyway, so I'm pretty alright with this delay. Even though I've been waiting for her forever. The beautiful Kilmaria will appease me this month, provided she doesn't get delayed as well.
Haha, indeed. Delays can sometimes be good news.

fffff I dropped tsukihi =(

http://imgur.com/a/bIhPH

That white spot on her hairrrrrr. Iono wtf happen. I was putting it together. It kind fell forward...and I caught the base but not the figure =(. What the hell happen to her hair? paint chip off?
Yeah, looks like it.

Sorry man. :(

chrono01

T.T

i mean...with the pinwheel on... you can't see it >_>
Yeah, it's kind of one of those things where it might not be noticeable to people simply looking at it [especially, as you said, with the pinwheel on], but it still bothers the hell out of you since you know it's there. Thankfully I haven't had an issue with damage to my figures [outside of ones that had slight "defects" from the factory], but I'm sure that day will come eventually. It is inevitable. :(

Don't feel bad, though, it definitely could have been a lot worse. I've seen pictures of someone's display case basically falling apart [the glass shelves couldn't support the weight], crushing the figures above/below it. That...destroyed a piece of my soul. ;_;

Yeah, it's kind of one of those things where it might not be noticeable to people simply looking at it [especially, as you said, with the pinwheel on], but it still bothers the hell out of you since you know it's there. Thankfully I haven't had an issue with damage to my figures [outside of ones that had slight "defects" from the factory], but I'm sure that day will come eventually. It is inevitable. :(

Don't feel bad, though, it definitely could have been a lot worse. I've seen pictures of someone's display case basically falling apart [the glass shelves couldn't support the weight], crushing the figures above/below it. That...destroyed a piece of my soul. ;_;

yeah thats why im using standard bookshelf. Using museum putty on the front figures as well.

GOOOOOD DAMNN IT. I ALMOST want to get another tsukihii

you can see it if you look for it but yeah. If i see her cheap (lol yeah right since shes sold out everywhere) i might get a 2nd. Maybe just the alt color

Oh my god.... I'm just a few chapters away from being all caught up with the Prison School manga.... I close my eyes and all I see are boobs and butts. @_@

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Well I suspected that it was a case of the item listing not being updated but my mandrake order was cancelled. Guess I can try the other listing though I don't have much hope for it either.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
What were you trying to buy?

A YuruYuri stand. Like I said in a previous post, I saw the same listing months ago so I was surprised to see it still up on their site so I though what the hell lets just give it a try. I'm not that fussed about not getting it since it's technically something I could easily replicate with a printer and a bit of card.

Yaari

Thanks to whoever posted that Mami Maiko yesterday I got obsessed with the line-up and had to order the last Madoka I could find before she got sold out. Now I want them all.

I'm starting to regret getting into this already.

Not realllyyyy...

Yaari

How are Marvel Legends? I know they wont be as realistic as hot toys but any good?

Watching them on Youtube now but they look hideous to me. I guess that not everyone can afford Hot Toys (I know I can't), but those just look ugly to me.

There should be plenty of unboxing videos on youtube. But I think I'd rather have 1 Hot Toy than 10 of those that have poor paint jobs and look just weird.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Watching them on Youtube now but they look hideous to me. I guess that not everyone can afford Hot Toys (I know I can't), but those just look ugly to me.

There should be plenty of unboxing videos on youtube. But I think I'd rather have 1 Hot Toy than 10 of those that have poor paint jobs and look just weird.

Yeah, I want that Star-Lord hot toy but it's not out until March

Yaari

Yeah, I want that Star-Lord hot toy but it's not out until March

Haha, I had to google who that even was. Yeah, that's just Andy from Parks & Recreations to me. I hope to see the movie soon, heard great things.

Well, the one positive in that is that you get financially prepare for the figure. As well as make sure that you don't regret buying it. If you still want it as much in 8 months, then it is worth the money.

http://blog.livedoor.jp/figurenews2/archives/39483004.html
http://blog.livedoor.jp/figurenews2/archives/39488866.html
Put the rest of your collection to shame with a six-meter tall statue of Evangelion Unit-01 repainted with a 7-Eleven colorway. There's only two in existence so if you want a chance to win, go to the Facebook page from the link below and Like the promotion, then follow the official Twitter account and retweet the promotion code from August 5th to 11th. Now if they only served Fanta Purple Slurpees in Japan...
http://amiamiblog.com/
http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/blog/140801

How are Marvel Legends? I know they wont be as realistic as hot toys but any good?

Depends. The old ToyBiz figures are considered ugly but are probably the best 6" comic book figures made. Great paint work, great articulation, tons of accessories. They got shitty when Hasbro started making them in either '06 or '07, and they got pretty good again with this recent run. They're definitely toys, not high end, but they're a lot of fun and some of the best mass market retail figures you can get. Same for Star Wars Black Series in the 6" scale.

Giolon

It's been this price for awhile now. I'm tempted, but... Eh. Maybe one day.

I enjoyed the game, though.

I'm tempted too. I've got Solange that I picked up at a convention (but not on display because...well), and Ali would go well with her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom