• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT2| NSFWallet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ultimadrago

Miki is cute but I'm echoing some others here when saying I don't really want to get started on im@s even though I do think I could be selective about them. (Though if I was going to get one it would probably be Rin.)

I'm glad my favorite idol (Iori) came around early! I did't want to wait months/a year seeing the rest of the original gang come around first. The delays for the actual figure were painful enough. My mind's at ease now and I don't have any problem skipping the rest.
They do seem to be coming out nicely though, so it's fun to look at them as they're releasing.

If my knees were to buckle for another Im@s figure, it'd be a great Anzu or Koume scale. They're Cinderella girls, so I'll pretend I have plenty of time before that bomb goes off.

omlet

im@s and love live figures are like waifu Inception... Idol "culture" is so weird and unappealing to me (but I can still enjoy a nice looking figure).

Also, what's different about the Cinderella Girls figures? Those seem to be turning out pretty nicely.

Ultimadrago

im@s and love live figures are like waifu Inception... Idol "culture" is so weird and unappealing to me (but I can still enjoy a nice looking figure).

Also, what's different about the Cinderella Girls figures? Those seem to be turning out pretty nicely.

Nothing to do with the figures themselves. The Cinderella Girls (from the social mobile game) have a pool of well over 100+ idols, so I'm saying it'll hopefully be a while before they get around to those two.

the only im@s figure I have is the shibuya rin one. I like the pose and everything about it.

The other oens from phat company look good to but iono.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Cinderella Girls anime sucks from the get go. I picked out a bunch of good looking characters and not a single one was chosen for the show. If they can't get a basic element like the cast right the show has no chance.

Ultimadrago

Cinderella Girls anime sucks from the get go. I picked out a bunch of good looking characters and not a single one was chosen for the show. If they can't get a basic element like the cast right the show has no chance.

kappax4k4n.png

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
AmiAmi packs things carefully, right? I think I might want to go with SAL registered since it's ¥2k cheaper than EMS :/

There was a huge dent in my Senran Kagura 2 DX NyuNyu shipping box that arrived yesterday, but the ample padding completely protected it. That's happened a few times now, but AmiAmi always packs really well.

There was a huge dent in my Senran Kagura 2 DX NyuNyu shipping box that arrived yesterday, but the ample padding completely protected it. That's happened a few times now, but AmiAmi always packs really well.

I had a nasty dent on the box from my last monthly order. Everything was perfect though.

Are there any tips to buying from cdjapan?
There are a few art books I want, but the estimated shipping is crazy

I use them for hard to find stuff. I can tell you I will avoid their air mail option next time...I figured it was EMS because of the price I paid but they didn't even get me a tracking number...

chrono01

AmiAmi packs things carefully, right? I think I might want to go with SAL registered since it's ¥2k cheaper than EMS :/
AmiAmi definitely packs their items exceptionally well. Of course, you pay for it [literally] with the added weight/size, but in my opinion it's worth it.

I've purchased a few items from them ad haven't had an issue.

That being said, their shipping is definitely on the expensive side of things, so it might be worth looking around a bit first to see if you can find it elsewhere.

It's actually funny you mention art books and CDJapan. I just received an art book I had ordered from them today.

[http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/product/NEOBK-1612268, if anyone is wondering.]

LiK

Pretty straightforward site. But yea, the shipping prices are pretty high now. I only buy from them if other places are sold out.

Meyneth

Pretty straightforward site. But yea, the shipping prices are pretty high now. I only buy from them if other places are sold out.
I've purchased a few items from them ad haven't had an issue.

That being said, their shipping is definitely on the expensive side of things, so it might be worth looking around a bit first to see if you can find it elsewhere.

It's actually funny you mention art books and CDJapan. I just received an art book I had ordered from them today.

[http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/product/NEOBK-1612268, if anyone is wondering.]
There's not much you can do when buying artbooks since they are pretty heavy.

I guess just buy a bunch of stuff to mitigate that shipping cost.
I use them for hard to find stuff. I can tell you I will avoid their air mail option next time...I figured it was EMS because of the price I paid but they didn't even get me a tracking number...

Thanks everyone
I guess I should just order the books. It just seems really weird that the shipping is more than the actual order amount. I'll never complain about amiami shipping prices again

Thanks everyone
I guess I should just order the books. It just seems really weird that the shipping is more than the actual order amount. I'll never complain about amiami shipping prices again

Out of curiosity, what are you ordering from CDJapan?

I guess they are probably using something like EMS if its that costly. Or you are ordering really cheap but heavy books, lol

chrono01

Thanks everyone
Depending on the art book, they can get ridiculously expensive, especially if it's a hardcover.

I still feel as though CD Japan over-charges a bit on their shipping, since similar items tend to be shipped for cheaper from other sites [such as AmiAmi/HS], but they package the items well and offer a multitude of shipping options. I generally go with SAL Registered, since it's not overly expensive, and it gives me tracking as well as insurance.

Yaari

Received Elf today after the held her hostage at the customs for a good week. Had to pay 28EUR extra. Never buying figures from the US again, haha. I want my SAL shipping.

I still feel as though CD Japan over-charges a bit on their shipping, since similar items tend to be shipped for cheaper from other sites [such as AmiAmi/HS], but they package the items well and offer a multitude of shipping options. I generally go with SAL Registered, since it's not overly expensive, and it gives me tracking as well as insurance.

I've only ever ordered one or two artbooks from cdJapan. I think shipping was around 2k or something per order.

chrono01

I've only ever ordered one or two artbooks from cdJapan. I think shipping was around 2k or something per order.
That seems about right.

The art book I ordered (listed above) cost me 1800 yen for SAL Registered to Canada. But then, it wasn't overly thick and isn't a hardcover, so it's not too surprising.

They do package their art books well, though. Bubble wrap and tapped to the inside box so that it doesn't shift/move in-transit and dent the corners. They always package their items well.

omlet

Their shipping is nuts but they have things you can't find (easily) from other reputable sellers. I've bought a couple things from them and now that we're on the subject I'm probably about to buy this.

Edit: RE: Wall of Shame -- I need to step up my game.

I don't post enough in here even though I read everything. That Miki figure you were talking about a few pages back looks so good but I haven't watched the anime yet. Something I'll have to do soon.

chrono01

I don't post enough in here even though I read everything. That Miki figure you were talking about a few pages back looks so good but I haven't watched the anime yet. Something I'll have to do soon.
You really do.

It's a great anime, I didn't think I would enjoy it as much as I did.

You really do.

It's a great anime, I didn't think I would enjoy it as much as I did.

Idolm@ster? I watched a few episodes, I just couldn't...

For the most part, idol shows and magical girl shows just don't do anything for me. There are, of course, exceptions. But not many.

Meyneth

Depending on the art book, they can get ridiculously expensive, especially if it's a hardcover.

Out of curiosity, what are you ordering from CDJapan?

I guess they are probably using something like EMS if its that costly. Or you are ordering really cheap but heavy books, lol
They're the only ones I've found who have the drakengard settings/materials book, and if I add in the three manga that brings the order to almost $40. Then the shipping was estimated at around $45.
but if I just order all the books I want (an additional 3 books) the order jumps to a total of $128~ and shipping is $106 or something.

I won't be doing option two though, since anything over $100 gets hit with customs.

omlet

I found most of idolm@ster anime to be terribly boring. However episode 15 is pretty amazing and you should watch it, period. Even if you decide to drop the show, go out on a good note by skipping to 15 before you walk away.

chrono01

Idolm@ster? I watched a few episodes, I just couldn't...

For the most part, idol shows and magical girl shows just don't do anything for me. There are, of course, exceptions. But not many.
:(

I found most of idolm@ster anime to be terribly boring. However episode 15 is pretty amazing and you should watch it, period. Even if you decide to drop the show, go out on a good note by skipping to 15 before you walk away.
Episode 14/15 made me tear up.

I'm such a weakling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom