• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT2| NSFWallet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
Dang, if this month wasn't so bad for figures already I would seriously consider that Rex.

The previous model had a lighter cammo, but I don't know how fast the black version will sell out.

Here's a pic of the one that's sold out.
KOT10967.jpg

I personally like the black, but the lighter cammo does look nice.

Meyneth

Got my first Cupoche figure today - Homura. I like it! The Cupoche figures are slightly less chibi, bit taller, with better poseability because of elbow and knee joints Nendoroids lack. Little magnets under her feet and a metal base adds more stability too.
I really like the cu-poche line, my favorite has to be dark magician girl
tumblr_n06fd1Q67x1qhqqfyo5_1280.jpg

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
I doubt they're going to. Max Factory doesn't usually do reissues. They're doing one for Aoba, but there's really no way they could change the colorway on him and still have it make sense.

Max Factory seems to hate re-releases. It's not so much that it's impossible to do, I think they prefer keeping their figures in the "rarity" category, so collector's feel their items are worth more. There are some exceptions, such as Zero Suit Samus, but I believe that was more on Nintendo's encouragement than their own.

I own the original version and would welcome a re-release. I collect figures for their aesthetic appeal, although I'd by lying if I said that the limited nature of them didn't interest me at all. However, in the case of Samurai, she's such a breath-taking figure, I wouldn't mind the opportunity for a re-release so that those who missed her the first time around would be able to obtain one for themselves, without needing to pay the ridiculous after-market prices.

Yeah, I know their reputation, I just wasn't sure the basis or logic behind it. I figured it would have to do with maintaining value, but also wasn't sure if there were potential licensing issues involved.

I have to admit that I also appreciate the limited run nature of this hobby. It also makes you feel more secure in pre-ordering from certain manufacturers.

Meyneth

AAAHHHHHHHHH SO KAWAII!

I see someone likes Rick Riordan.
^-^'
Yeah, I was really into the Olympians in early college. And then he wrote the red pyramid with the Egyptian pantheon and I just kept going.
Coincidentally, sayaka ended up being placed near my mermaid books (ingo series)
tumblr_n06fd1Q67x1qhqqfyo6_1280.jpg

george_us

Hmm, the recent pictures for the Samurai Another Color Ver. [Max Factory] don't look too bad, much better than what I saw earlier. I really love her green eyes.

If it weren't for myself owning the original version, this would be an instant pre-order for me.
She looks much better in that pic. MUCH better. If she weren't a blonde I'd be tempted to double dip.

omlet

^-^'
Yeah, I was really into the Olympians in early college. And then he wrote the red pyramid with the Egyptian pantheon and I just kept going.
Coincidentally, sayaka ended up being placed near my mermaid books (ingo series)
tumblr_n06fd1Q67x1qhqqfyo6_1280.jpg

Is that some Redwall I spy back there with the Narnia? Good man
or woman, be that the case

Hmm, the recent pictures for the Samurai Another Color Ver. [Max Factory] don't look too bad, much better than what I saw earlier. I really love her green eyes.

If it weren't for myself owning the original version, this would be an instant pre-order for me.

I love how they did her hair too...dammit Chrono...sigh guess it's time to wait for a preorder to be put up.

chrono01

Damned if you get one, damned if you don't, damned if you don't get them all, haha
Pretty much. :(

It's the same reason I didn't pre-order Honoka from Love Live. The problem with these idol series are the number of characters you need to collect and the fact that all of them are so damn likable!

raven777

yea I missed out on the original, so this is a must purchase for me.

raven777

This version is kinda growing on me. I think they shaded the hair more since the original reveal, unless that one was just a victim of bad lighting.

yea the first reveal shot was pretty bad cause of the lightning and the background..

I honestly feel the recolor isn't that bad. Obviously I prefer the original but I think the recolor is really good compared to some of the other recolors of figures.

chrono01

Do you guys collect all in the IDOLM@STER series, I saw it was the 4th figure or something? Is the Anime any good, I'll give it a try. I do need a sitting figure, hmm.

Oh well plenty of time to decide.
The fact that I know if I were to purchase Hoshii Miki that I would then be encouraged to collect them all [and there are 13 of them...] is the only reason I don't have her pre-ordered right now.

As for the anime, I just finished the base series last night [+OVA] and I enjoyed it. I still need to watch the remaining OVA, as well as the movie, but as a whole I had a great time. Likable characters, nice music/production values, and a great story. It gives you a pretty clear perspective on the Japanese idol industry, as well.

yea this is how price should be for 1/8 figures...

that ridiculous 18k for 1/8 by skytube...
Who I have pre-ordered.

...I know. I'm part of the problem, but I've loved that illustration the moment I first saw it over a year ago and that "want" has not dissipated. When I saw that they were doing a figure based off of it, well, I knew I had to have her.

Same.

When I saw her price, I was convinced that it was a 1/8 scale. When I saw that she was indeed 1/6, well...I was surprised.

Keep it up, manufacturers!

I think all of those la bombas are convincing them that there's an issue with the rising prices. Or not, and they kept her price pretty standard for a 1/6 and just subtracted all of her clothes. XD

Do you guys collect all in the IDOLM@STER series, I saw it was the 4th figure or something? Is the Anime any good, I'll give it a try. I do need a sitting figure, hmm.

Oh well plenty of time to decide.

http://biginjap.com/en/home/10402-idolmster-miki-hoshii-phat.html She's 6150 here

I've steered clear from both Idolm@ster and Love Live because there are so many girls. And while I do like a few of them, I don't know if I could be that selective. Similar to why I'm staying away from KanColle. Or at least I'll be trying to. I might cave on a few of those Abyssal ships.

chrono01

Similar to why I'm staying away from KanColle. Or at least I'll be trying to. I might cave on a few of those Abyssal ships.
I think it will be easier to be "selective" over KanColle given the sheer number of characters there are, as well as them belonging to different divisions, whereas Love Live/Idolm@ster are at a set number, and they're all essentially part of the same group [although they're broken into smaller "teams"].

raven777

Who I have pre-ordered.

...I know. I'm part of the problem, but I've loved that illustration the moment I first saw it over a year ago and that "want" has not dissipated. When I saw that they were doing a figure based off of it, well, I knew I had to have her.

I understand. She look gorgeous and even now days I have urge to preorder her sometimes..

Ultimadrago

The original is better, but I'm guessing more expensive at this point?

Arclaid

Eh, I'm pretty indifferent on that Samurai recolor. Personally thought they should've chosen the green-haired alt colors instead.

oGhdpTJ.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom