• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT2| NSFWallet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have any Himouto Umaru-chan figures been released?

fx461eo.jpg

Bombless

Sent Amiami an email, they split Amazon to September out of the August order but then moved the entire remaining items along with Akagi to September as well.

omlet

(I mentioned pancakes in passing to a friend last night and, having known I got this figure this weekend, he jokingly said something like "why don't you make some for Subaru, have you seen that girl eat?" So Sunday morning rolls around and I'm still thinking about pancakes and haven't made any in a few weeks... Welcome to America, Subaru. Have some breakfast. Mmmm, cocoa pancakes.)

Cptkrush

detolfs are the standard for figure collectors but they are heavy (90lbs) and you need a bunch since they aren't wide.

I run a billy setup instead (without glass doors).

I have 2 DETOLF and am going to get another one some time soon (mine are over-full). They do a very good job of keeping dust off your figures (except on the bottom shelf if it is on the floor). As noted, pretty heavy, a bit tricky to assemble yourself. I really like them for what they are.

Yeah I'm going to decide after I see it in person, but so far that's the nicest/cheapest option I've seen. Good to hear they are popular among the community

AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
I WANT THAT

Only downside is the Gundam Build ladies from MH are only 1/10 scale.

OH shiii, are they re-releasing Marida Cruz????? I WAAANT

Needs Audrey neext

Yaaaaaaaaaay!!!!!

It's also a Megatrea shop exclusive. :(

Nuuuuuuuuuuu!!!!!!!

Unfortunately yes. Something I should know?

Eh, UC just seems to have iffy quality based on painting close-ups and whatnot.

Yeah I'm going to decide after I see it in person, but so far that's the nicest/cheapest option I've seen. Good to hear they are popular among the community

billys are abount 50-60 bucks and its a bookshelf. I have 3. I bought a bunch of dioder lights to light them up.

Only downside to dioders from what I seen is that the white is "warm white". The other downside is that one dioder setup can only support 4 strips, but at the price of 20 each its a good deal.

Totally down for that Juri bishoujo.

I'm kind of having a sad that the Marida Cruz reissue is only an exclusive. I'm not paying over 8k for what's essentially a very, very plain sculpt. That flight suit hardly has any detail on it.

chrono01

I'm not normally a fan of those Kotobukiya Bishoujo figures [nothing against them personally, just not something I feel the need to collect], however that Juri...

iAVxSm9DMXhoH.gif

Ken

(I mentioned pancakes in passing to a friend last night and, having known I got this figure this weekend, he jokingly said something like "why don't you make some for Subaru, have you seen that girl eat?" So Sunday morning rolls around and I'm still thinking about pancakes and haven't made any in a few weeks... Welcome to America, Subaru. Have some breakfast. Mmmm, cocoa pancakes.)

next you'll be buying cake for her birthday

I know AmiAmi is in general pretty ok with cancellations, but still there's always that sense of dread doing it. :|

But still with Kirigiri delay, had to ask them to cancel an item from my September order, so hopefully they'll be understanding.

---------------------------------------------------

Also, this basically reminded me of FigureGAF:

Bombless

Figure GAF:

Have or Haven't You?

iiMAYVwWjnLR2.gif

The day I got Momohime my father asked to see her. I brought her down and he started checking out the armour, the sword, then suddenly he flipped her over and said something like "Well, they sure are precise in their depiction.".

Edit : Also yes.
#Archer

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Figure GAF:

Have or Haven't You?

http://i.minus.com/iiMAYVwWjnLR2.gif
Well after seeing this slightly horrific image of the Alter Akari figure's legs I had a butchers at mine. It's so hard to even see this little detail that if you're not told it's there I doubt you'd know about it.

See, my downfall is that if there are figures of a pair (or set) of characters who have a close relationship I have to get them all. Otherwise they'll be lonely without their friends...
Luckily I've managed to be happy with just one character from a show. Maybe I'll see opinions on Mako and if she ever comes back in stock I may consider buying her.

Ultimadrago

Plus you have to check for those paint defects from every angle, right?

I mean, it's a necessity.

I can only imagine your future Maria Saotome defect detail. ;)

The day I got Momohime my father asked to see her. I brought her down and he started checking out the armour, the sword, then suddenly he flipped her over and said something like "Well, they sure are precise in their depiction.".

Edit : Also yes.
#Archer

:lol

Cptkrush

billys are abount 50-60 bucks and its a bookshelf. I have 3. I bought a bunch of dioder lights to light them up.

Only downside to dioders from what I seen is that the white is "warm white". The other downside is that one dioder setup can only support 4 strips, but at the price of 20 each its a good deal.

I would recommend the vittsjos instead. More display space for the cost, easy to assemble. Just no glass so you'll have to dust more often.

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/50214678/
http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/20213312/

I agree with johnsmith. The vittsjos look great. I got the same setup as he did and it's awesome.

Thanks for the recommendations, I'll check these out while I'm there as well!

george_us

Well I ended up preordering Muramasa from Big Bad Toy Store. Probably a good $30 more than if I would have imported her directly but I don't have anything schedules for October. Plus I can always cancel if I find her somewhere else.

omlet

1244.jpg

http://myfigurecollection.net/item/1244

Anyone interested in this figure? I have one (opened) I want to get rid of. Shelves are too full and I don't care much for this one any more--one of the only figure impulse buys I kind of regret, heh (but it wasn't very expensive when I got it). Willing to let it go pretty cheap, PM me if interested.

She has a paint blemish on the front of her shirt (it came that way, almost like the paint wasn't quite dry when it got put in the packaging and it smeared a bit, can take pics). Other than that it's in good condition, all parts, original packaging.

why look underneath dresses/skirts for panties shots when you can just take off the dress/skirts?
kappa

...I've had this figure for years and didn't know you could even do that... haha

Well I ended up preordering Muramasa from Big Bad Toy Store. Probably a good $30 more than if I would have imported her directly but I don't have anything schedules for October. Plus I can always cancel if I find her somewhere else.

Is it the one from WING? She looks pretty great. Especially dat hometown.

Giolon

Do any of you guys have experience with museum putty or wax? The big earthquake last night here in the Bay Area has me a little nervous with my collection here.

Ryuuroden

Whoa, is that all going to be just one building?! :O

yeah, tower is looking like it will end up being 6-7 feet tall. The little one next to it is the official LEGO set that is 2 1/2 feet tall and I put it there for photo comparisons, same with the minifigs. You can see the base of mine already reaches more than halfway up it.

Thanks!

And 15k? Holy wow. It must looks even larger in person.

Each one of those buttresses use a ton of 1x? plates and bricks up to 6 bricks in height. since there's at least 16 of different sizes on each wall. that eats up a lot of piece count. There are 7 walls on the base. Then I have a full interior wall that while only 1 brick in depth is going to be some 40 bricks high just to reach the point at which the current exterior trails off. Only then will the piece count per level really drop to more sane levels comparatively.

Do any of you guys have experience with museum putty or wax? The big earthquake last night here in the Bay Area has me a little nervous with my collection here.

museum putty. Shits good and it doesn't leave residue from what I can tell. I bought 6 packets and haven't even used half so far

Oh shit. Yeah, I heard about that. Everything okay?

yeah, tower is looking like it will end up being 6-7 feet tall. The little one next to it is the official LEGO set that is 2 1/2 feet tall and I put it there for photo comparisons, same with the minifigs. You can see the base of mine already reaches more than halfway up it.

Man, that sounds like quite an undertaking. Do you just go to the LEGO store and come out with bags of bricks?

Ryuuroden

Oh shit. Yeah, I heard about that. Everything okay?

Man, that sounds like quite an undertaking. Do you just go to the LEGO store and come out with bags of bricks?

Bricklink.com is my lord and savior......and yes, the PAB wall at the LEGO store helps too, but they never have any black in stock anymore. Fortunately I bought a massive amount 2 years ago in order to make brick built streets for my town by building roads and laying the tower of bricks on its side. Makes for cool roads but uses a lot of bricks.

I am on a LoTR building binge. The first LoTR project I finished up a couple months ago (Helms Deep). It's sort of a companion piece to the orthanc I am working on;

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom