• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT2| NSFWallet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Giolon

museum putty. Shits good and it doesn't leave residue from what I can tell. I bought 6 packets and haven't even used half so far

Cool. I'll go try to get some from Home Depot tomorrow.

Oh shit. Yeah, I heard about that. Everything okay?

Yeah, I'm down the peninsula about 50 miles from where it hit (up in Napa across the bay), and only one of my figures fell over and fortunately wasn't damaged. It was my ebCraft Selvaria though! That thing's worth over $400 opened! In Japan even!

Cool. I'll go try to get some from Home Depot tomorrow.

Yeah, I'm down the peninsula about 50 miles from where it hit (up in Napa across the bay), and only one of my figures fell over and fortunately wasn't damaged. It was my ebCraft Selvaria though! That thing's worth over $400 opened! In Japan even!

This is the brand I buy http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0002VA9NA/?tag=neogaf0e-20

WHATEVER YOU DO, DO NOT USE MUSEUM WAX. from what I heard, it leaves stains

Finally opened my Madoka Nendo. So much cute.

YEigCVy.jpg

DkMEg3l.jpg

chrono01

So you know that Asuka [Amakuni] that so many here like?

ihrAGA8p5hVvN.jpg

Well, the price has been revealed.

11,000 yen, and she's an exclusive, so expect to pay an additional 2,000 yen or so on top of that. At least she's scheduled for May 2015, so you have plenty of time to budget for her [unless you opt to pay later via a store like N-Y].

Tip - Don't use N-Y.

...I'll be sticking with my Alter version.

Giolon

This is the brand I buy http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0002VA9NA/?tag=neogaf0e-20

WHATEVER YOU DO, DO NOT USE MUSEUM WAX. from what I heard, it leaves stains
Thanks for the tip. The wax sounds kind of like a disaster.

So you know that Asuka [Amakuni] that so many here like?

ihrAGA8p5hVvN.jpg

Well, the price has been revealed.

11,000 yen, and she's an exclusive, so expect to pay an additional 2,000 yen or so on top of that. At least she's scheduled for May 2015, so you have plenty of time to budget for her [unless you opt to pay later via a store like N-Y].

Tip - Don't use N-Y.

...I'll be sticking with my Alter version.

That's....some hometown right there.

chrono01

I've yet to buy a figure just for the ass, but I might just...
I strongly encourage this decision.

But which one: Amakuni or Alter? Both, perhaps?

I would recommend Alter's version, simply because I feel it captures her character better, is cheaper/more readily available, has more going for it [jacket, hat, etc.] and still has that incredible "ass"ets.

Both will be great, though, I'm sure.

if we were in 2011 id preorder the shit out of those mass effect figs

I think merch from the first trilogy has run its course at this point, unless someone wants to sell me a Liara bishoujo on the cheap. I'm still looking forward to seeing what happens with the next game, though. The universe is definitely worth revisiting.

Cheska

Are statue numbers a big deal to collectors? I never saw them as anything but a random lottery with no real point.

Yeah, for people super serious about Sideshow stuff and other expensive collectibles, it's definitely a big deal. It almost instantly increases the after market value, and I'd say more of an incentive to get something sooner rather than later.

Yeah, for people super serious about Sideshow stuff and other expensive collectibles, it's definitely a big deal. It almost instantly increases the after market value, and I'd say more of an incentive to get something sooner rather than later.

I'm glad I'm not a hardcore statue collector. That shit must be nerve-wracking.

pooptest

Yeah, I'm down the peninsula about 50 miles from where it hit (up in Napa across the bay),

I'm about 20 miles from the epicenter and felt a bit of rumbling. Nothing fell, though, thankfully. Some crazy stuff, though. I haven't checked into it much, but I don't know if it was the [fairly] active Rodgers Fault. If it was, oyyy... I hope it doesn't act up again. It usually spits out 1-2.0's all the time, but nothing ever really happens in the places it activates in.

In other news, 3 hours left for discounted Sinon at CR... tempted... but I haven't even started Season 2 of SAO...

Oh whew, AmiAmi cancelled the one item I asked for.

They really know how to strike fear into item cancellations even though they usually do them from what I heard, lol

Bombless

Not sure if this has been posted already since I'm not in here as often anymore, but Gaming Heads have Liara from Mass Effect up for pre-order now!

1/4 scale, 500 edition size.

They also have Garrus!

The cool thing about Gaming Heads, is that they allow you to "validate" your purchase, and you can select to get the same number for both statues.

I don't like that Garrus and Liara's face is a bit odd...Those biotic effects however are downright terrible.

Einbroch

Banned
Did you think they gave her rock-hands or something? XD

I think they should have probably gone with a little more transparency.
Actually I thought hey were like bursts from pistols or something and the picture was taken at a weird angle.

Also, I remember bionics being white and blue, not green, right?

Actually I thought hey were like bursts from pistols or something and the picture was taken at a weird angle.

Also, I remember bionics being white and blue, not green, right?

Yeah, in the game they were usually a very light, clear blue. Though some of them were of a deeper blue, like singularity.

Bombless

She comes with guns as well.

Uh, I don't know that I would agree with that honestly.
One gun only :( Her fierce face seems to come from the scene on Mars when she kills two Cerberus troopers. There's something off with it though, I can't put my finger on it.

My issues are the face, the size (1/4 isn't necessarily too big but I have no others in that scale), the price.

I am a huge Mass Effect fan and would bleed myself dry to get them all...and that Garrus really isn't worth bleeding for.

Why did they go with such a terrible and uninspired pose? The burned side of his face isn't great looking either (but hell Garrus, you were always ugly).

I hope Bioware will get their shit together and finally move along with the rest of the bishoujo cast. And reissue Liara enkinlders damn it.

I hope Bioware will get their shit together and finally move along with the rest of the bishoujo cast. And reissue Liara enkinlders damn it.

I get the impression that the Mass Effect bishoujos are done for now. At least until the new game nears release and rekindles interest in the franchise.

Bombless

I get the impression that the Mass Effect bishoujos are done for now. At least until the new game nears release and rekindles interest in the franchise.
There's at least 2 more in the pipeline, Miranda and Tali, but the nightmare of Liara and Shepard have basically killed it.

Luigi87

Bah, because of Kyoko's delay, Senbonzakura Miku is ready to ship for me (I shouldn't technically say bah...)

Guess I'll go SAL (unregistered), because that annoying double shipping fee for when Kyoko does eventually release...

Thanks AmiAmi...as if my order needed to get any bigger that Kill La Kill settings book just got moved up so now I need to add it to my August order of unholy death >.>

omlet

Just bought this from AmiAmi's used section. Not clue where she's from but she looks awesome and she only cost 4.1K.

It's like a Queen's Blade spinoff/crossover thing except Alice is an OC.

I've got the other
superior
version of her.

I think I saw someone at the AX dealer hall trying to get close to $100 for the one you got, heh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom