• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT2| NSFWallet

Status
Not open for further replies.

LiK

Finally sold the Black Batgirl bishoujo. Took a lil longer than expected even with 10 friggin watchers. Lowers the costs of my next AmiAmi order lol....

Einbroch

Banned
I was kinda meh on the 2012 Racing Miku because of the face when ordering, but holy crap her hair is amazing. It looks so high quality and dense.

Glad I got her.

CharaHobby 2014 C3xHOBBY - Bandai Booth

Event Report: CharaHobby 2014 C3xHOBBY - KanColle Naval Base

Event Report: CharaHobby 2014 C3xHOBBY - Industry Booths
t.jpg

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Well luckily for me I don't need most of that.

I see the GuP tank appears again so it obviously wasn't just a special display item.

I really should build my GuP tank model kit one day. I dare to think it may have been in the cupboard a year now.

Ran into character limit lol but apparently:
o0515035613042604307.jpg

The arms are specially made with an extra joint!

The elbow area of the Nendoroid is articulated meaning you can made all new poses without swapping out the arm parts! It also makes adding those slight nuances to your pose all the more easy! ♪ =(。・д・。)
So more posable joints?
o0515040813042604476.jpg
o0515041213043086879.jpg

(・∀・) “They are like miniature Nendoroid joints allowing you to pose the cape billowing upward – nothing is more epic than a billowing cape pose!”
o0515059513042604309.jpg
o0515042713042604306.jpg

o0515037813043090265.jpg

Lol alternative expression for Akechi Mitsuhide:
o0515050213042605420.jpg

http://mikatan.goodsmile.info/en/2014/08/25/nendoroid-himiko/

Arclaid

Gonna admit I'm not keen on visible joints on Nendoroids. It's one of the reasons I'm not really fond of the figma line in general.

omlet

Hm, that's a lot of pics but nothing really catches my eye in terms of being on watch for purchase.

Nice looking mecha/gundam in those shots.

Nendo aigis, the monster hunter nendos and snake are the only ones I'm aware of that have the extra joints (they also have knee joints). So the additional joints seem to only be on a few of them.

Mashiro Nendo also has joints on her arms. That was the first time I noticed them.

After so many orders with SAL I was forced to bump up to EMS for this one.
Etrian Odyssey IV: Legend of Giant God - Sniper Girl Plastic Model | 3,050
HGBF 1/144 Sengoku Astray Gandamu Plastic Model | 1,340
MG 1/100 MS-06S Char's Zaku ver.2.0 Plastic Model | 2,640
MG 1/100 RX-78-2 Gundam Ver.3.0 Plastic Model | 3,360
HG 1/144 Gundam AGE-1 Spallow Plastic Model Kit from Mobile Suit Gundam AGE | 900
figma - Azusa Nakano Uniform ver. | 2,380
figma - Yui Hirasawa School Uniform ver. | 2,580
Having that EMS speed and tracking is such a luxury. :O Very excited to finally get the Sniper Girl.

CharaHobby 2014

Damn, that Lucina figma looks better every time I see her.
And those Youkai Watch kits! Ever since I built Jibanyan I've been craving more.

george_us

It's like a Queen's Blade spinoff/crossover thing except Alice is an OC.

I've got the other
superior
version of her.

I think I saw someone at the AX dealer hall trying to get close to $100 for the one you got, heh.
Ah nice. Yeah I just saw her plus the price so I went with it. Can't do that too often since these next few months are going to be killer.

Finally sold the Black Batgirl bishoujo. Took a lil longer than expected even with 10 friggin watchers. Lowers the costs of my next AmiAmi order lol....
Where do you sell you figs?

Bombless

I am at work so I cannot check all those pics but OMG those gundams and yamato ships.

I will not give in and buy Neo Zeong. I will not give in and buy Neo Zeong. I MUST NOT GIVE IN.

Ultimadrago

A. QuesQ Shimakaze, you temptress. Leave here!

B. Tenga Ship is getting a nendoroid? I must have forgot or missed this news. Both her and Shimakaze getting one (Best Ship Girls) makes that duo the most recent series nendoroids I've somewhat cared about since Hidamari Sketch's. (There was Link too, I guess, but I cancelled him a while back with very little regret.) I don't think I'll buy them, but impressive selection on their part!

Edit: Oh, and some other ship girls have gotten nendoroids too.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
A. QuesQ Shimakaze, you temptress. Leave here!

B. Tenga Ship is getting a nendoroid? I must have forgot or missed this news. Both her and Shimakaze getting one (Best Ship Girls) makes that duo the most recent series nendoroids I've somewhat cared about since Hidamari Sketch's. (There was Link too, I guess, but I cancelled him a while back with very little regret.) I don't think I'll buy them, but impressive selection on their part!
Sad times.

Meyneth

Mashiro Nendo also has joints on her arms. That was the first time I noticed them.
I think aigis has the most arm joints, she has three (double-ball shoulder, rotational upper arm, elbow hinge). I kind of wish her type of shoulder joint was on more nendos.
Cu-poche's also have ankle joints, and I don't know if any nendos have those :/

Naoe's hammer is being a giant pain in my butt. I can't get the stand to stay put.

I had a hell of a time and a lot of frustration getting that to work. Almost thoght of selling her till I asked last week on MFC about it. Someone recommened doing this

GSLinux1377635687.jpeg

Not my pic, but doing it like this instead of putting the stand on the side made a massive difference.

I had a hell of a time and a lot of frustration getting that to work. Almost thoght of selling her till I asked last week on MFC about it. Someone recommened doing this

Not my pic, but doing it like this instead of putting the stand on the side made a massive difference.

Mine was a pain, too. I figured that it works fine if you have the support directly up against the base. And the angled part at the top of the support should have the angled portion facing away from Naoe.

Einbroch

Banned

GSLinux1377635687.jpeg

Got it! Thanks for the tip.

And yes, that tush is legit.

meijiko

I strongly encourage this decision.

But which one: Amakuni or Alter? Both, perhaps?

I would recommend Alter's version, simply because I feel it captures her character better, is cheaper/more readily available, has more going for it [jacket, hat, etc.] and still has that incredible "ass"ets.

Both will be great, though, I'm sure.

The Amakuni one is the only one I feel strongly about. I'm not a big fan of the shininess of the Alter one, even though I know it's accurate to the design. I dunno if I'll bite, though--she's pretty huge, and I'm low on space as it is haha.

I'm also looking to knock out some of my old wishlist figures, and just got the Mandarake confirmation on these two:

I only wanted one Marisa for my witch collection, so I picked the one that lights up. I'm planning on doing a nice display of my witches for October, so I'm hoping Metallia finally comes that month.

Arclaid

I only wanted one Marisa for my witch collection, so I picked the one that lights up. I'm planning on doing a nice display of my witches for October, so I'm hoping Metallia finally comes that month.

Gotta say that that Marisa figure is really nice.

Would definitely get her if she's not ridiculously expensive. I'd also need to grab Akira and Melda because pilots!

Really wish they'd continue the Yamato Guys Collection line. But as much as I'd like a Sanada, Frakken or Domel figure, I know they're just going to continue making a dozen Yuki figures instead.

And figures of females characters that had 15 seconds screentime. :/

I kept one of the bigger Ami boxes and put them in there. Going to have to keep this months box as well and do the same. I refuse to get rid of them.

Bombless

Running out of space. Where do you guys store your boxes?

My Amiami boxes store my figure boxes. I have about 4 of them in my mom's garage and another 2 in my apartment. Once I deliver those I'll prolly load another box with all the nendos/figmas I have unopened plus some others.

chrono01

The Amakuni one is the only one I feel strongly about. I'm not a big fan of the shininess of the Alter one, even though I know it's accurate to the design. I dunno if I'll bite, though--she's pretty huge, and I'm low on space as it is haha.

I'm also looking to knock out some of my old wishlist figures, and just got the Mandarake confirmation on these two:

Congrats!

It's always a nice feeling to obtain one of your holy grails.

Running out of space. Where do you guys store your boxes?
I wish I had it as easy as that.

I could literally build a house of cardboard boxes now if I wanted to. >_<

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom