• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT2| NSFWallet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Giolon

I guess it's artbook with character/bacgkround sketches and unused designs etc.

first book seemed to have stuff like these

kill-la-kill-setting-documents-11160-MLM20040221102_012014-F.jpg

kill-la-kill-setting-documents-11187-MLM20040221114_012014-F.jpg

Yep, I picked up the first volume at JapanExpo this weekend, and I think it's great! It's got sketches of all the characters from the first half of the show. I assume this one is for the second half. I should order it.

omlet

That Madoka box lol still cracks me up.

It actually will fit inside a couple of the bigger boxes I store boxes in, but the problem is then not much else will fit lol. I was cleaning my closet last night and rearranging a few boxes but my best utilization of available box space just doesn't have room for her box. It's super sturdy, though, anyway, so it's fine sitting out on its own in my closet, because the alternative is having 3 or 4 smaller boxes out loose.

Arclaid

If my orders clear up at some point (yeah, right) I'd like to track down Captain Okita.

He's on sale at Plamoya if you decide to grab him.

I kept one of the bigger Ami boxes and put them in there. Going to have to keep this months box as well and do the same. I refuse to get rid of them.

Yep. Boxes in boxes is what I do with Nendoroids, figma, and prize figures. Playing Tetris with the scale/larger boxes is both therapeutic and borderline aggravating, though.

You guys keep your shipping boxes?

We reuse them as storage boxes. Those Amiami ones in particular are pretty sturdy.

omlet

Some of them, yeah. I reuse them as figure box storage or throw them in the attic. Also they make good sized boxes to ship things in.

Bombless

You guys keep your shipping boxes?

The monthly shipment boxes only, as those are big enough to fit multiple boxes once you remove the paper filling/padding. I prefer to store the figure boxes in there, an extra layer of protection doesn't hurt, also eases transportation. Each box has a list with it's contents written on it and everything is in storage in the garage my mom doesn't use.

LiK

I keep most AmiAmi boxes to reuse for eBay. They're awesome thick boxes and I love no store label on them. And free FRAGILE words printed on them lol

I keep most AmiAmi boxes to reuse for eBay. They're awesome thick boxes and I love no store label on them. And free FRAGILE words printed on them lol

Ya I keep some smaller ones too for selling on GAF or other forums. Plus I keep the packing paper too hehe.

Einbroch

Banned
Eh, I just walk to my local Target or JCPenney and ask if I can have some cardboard boxes.

Sometimes I have to lie and tell them I work at the one in [insert random city], [insert random state].

chrono01

She looks good but I will stay with the Alter one.
Same here.

She's sculpted by Yokota Ken, though. The same guy who did Tohsaka Rin, Shinobu, Akemi Homura [GSC], among others. The man is talented.

But yeah, I'm sticking with Alter's version too.

Doesn't look that great for the price.
It is expensive for what it is, that's for sure. The Figure Tax increases as each day goes on...

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
I think I'm going to take the plunge on the Iron Man Figma for a friend's gift. Man, they could've at least included more accessories.

It hurts to spend so much on a figma.

Giolon

My Code of Princess Ali figure showed up from Plamoya today. This girl is really nice looking! It's a shame she sold so poorly. She's really nicely detailed with a clean paint job, great musculature w/o going too far (like say Bishoujo Cammy), and she has no pegs so she doesn't require her base!

Maybe I'll try to snap some photos of her w/o Solange this week.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
The SHFiguarts Iron Man figures has so many extra hands and repulsor add-ons.

Aren't they kind of tiny and around the same price, though? Despite the lack of accessories, the figma does look really good. I'm open to suggestions. I just want a solid, high quality Iron Man with proper articulation for a decent price.

LiK

Aren't they kind of tiny and around the same price, though? Despite the lack of accessories, the figma does look really good. I'm open to suggestions. I just want a solid, high quality Iron Man with proper articulation for a decent price.

Not that much smaller compared to Figmas altho still smaller but I like the quality. I dunno why some people here don't like them.

I think I'm going to take the plunge on the Iron Man Figma for a friend's gift. Man, they could've at least included more accessories.

It hurts to spend so much on a figma.
The one with more accessories etc was for like 4000JPY more =/
https://www.nippon-yasan.com/figure-iron-man/6836-avengers-figma-iron-man-mark-vii-full-spec-ver.html
And there are Iron Man figures both of these places as well...but probably due to Marvel licensing it's so expensive, in comparison to how the prices are normally for most series =/
http://plamoya.com/index.php?main_page=advanced_search_result&search_in_description=0&keyword=iron+man
https://www.nippon-yasan.com/451-figure-iron-man

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
The one with more accessories etc was for like 4000JPY more =/
https://www.nippon-yasan.com/figure-iron-man/6836-avengers-figma-iron-man-mark-vii-full-spec-ver.html
And there are Iron Man figures both of these places as well...but probably due to Marvel licensing it's so expensive, in comparison to how the prices are normally for most series =/
http://plamoya.com/index.php?main_page=advanced_search_result&search_in_description=0&keyword=iron+man
https://www.nippon-yasan.com/451-figure-iron-man

Thanks for the links. I appreciate it. I'd definitely rather not go Revoltech, if I can avoid it, and even the S.H. figuarts are going for a premium. It looks like the Figma might be the best route at this point, but I'll keep looking.

chrono01

I really like that Racing Miku [as well as Juri], but I won't be pre-ordering either right away.

Unless I feel a figure will sell out quickly, I've adopted a more...wait-and-watch approach [just so I don't pre-order something that I later change my mind on].

Both look great, though.

chrono01

lolololololol yes you will.
Nope!

I've actually held off on pre-ordering quite a few figures recently, as well as impulse purchases such as Elf [Dragon's Crown]. I think I'm slowly getting better.

...Maybe.

...Probably not.

Plus, honestly as much as I like that Racing Miku, I really do have an overwhelming amount of Hastune Miku figures. I'm not sure I need another, even if she looks as great as she does. :/

pooptest

My Code of Princess Ali figure showed up from Plamoya today. This girl is really nice looking! It's a shame she sold so poorly. She's really nicely detailed with a clean paint job, great musculature w/o going too far (like say Bishoujo Cammy), and she has no pegs so she doesn't require her base!

Maybe I'll try to snap some photos of her w/o Solange this week.

Nice. I get mine in a couple weeks. I set up an auto-notify after you nabbed the last one and got a notification that it can back in stock. Nabbed it for $34 or whatever it is/was.
I can't wait!
Solange is too expensive now :(.

Ken

I think I found how Cajunator stores his figures...either that or this will be Snkfanatic's collection once that the Nendoroid army's built up:

The only way this could be better is if they had two sets of the same figures, but on one side was the casted-off version.

Also that racing miku is too good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom