• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT2| NSFWallet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seeing these preorder numbers scares me. How did I come to be here and why do I continue to be a part of it?

It's a good thing I mostly stick to nendos but that Racing Miku 2014 is so tempting.

raven777

Mea is out
140907915072138s7o.jpg

looking at the user photos to decide whether I will buy it or not (LOL)

Is GSC pretty good with replacement parts?
One of the hands on my figma Yui Hirasawa is defective straight out of the box.
(And one of the pegs on her guitar case broke when I was attaching the straps but that's on me and can probably be fixed with super glue.)

Is GSC pretty good with replacement parts?
One of the hands on my figma Yui Hirasawa is defective straight out of the box.
(And one of the pegs on her guitar case broke when I was attaching the straps but that's on me and can probably be fixed with super glue.)

take pics, send email give order number for the store and you should get replacement

GSC is the only one to do replacement and they are very nice about it.

chrono01

She's probably better than the stuff you got preordered tho. They are grail-worthy.
Probably. I'd have to track down Asuka to complete them though. Also I noticed that it's not the exact version in your picture [I believe that's Ver. 2, with the bandages].

Still, a fine figure indeed!

Oh, Deep Sea Hatsune Miku on-sale at HS. She's an incredible figure, but demands to be shipped via EMS.

Even still, it's a great price for her if you're interested.

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10229886

I knew Deep Sea Miku would go on sale. Still too expensive for me considering shipping will be at least another $30

40-50 apparently.

I would jump on it but the price would pump it to 12k. I mean thats the price of normal figures I guess lol. it did retail at 14k before discount.

Gah racing 2014 or deep sea miku

chrono01

ok, checked on MFC.

Shes 5k shipping to USA.

hmmm is she worth it.

I own Deep Sea Miku and she is nice. Her box, as mentioned is massive, and she's quite heavy. However, she's definitely impressive, and considering the sculptor [Iwanaga Sakurako] it's not surprising [he did Love is War - Hatusne Miku].

However, Racing Miku looks great, as well. Honestly, I don't think you can go wrong with either.

Josephl64

couldn't swing by due to certain circumstances, anyways as an update my Santa Sonico got another delay in case you guys weren't aware of it

george_us

Well. That's still no small amount of money to spend on a hobby. :D
I am more afraid of my LEGO spending than my figure spending. I know I've easily spent at least 3k on LEGO this year which is actually light. I think I spent around 7k in 2011, Over 20k since I started collecting LEGO again in 2009.
Never in my wildest dreams did I think this hobby would be the money pit that it is. I mean I knew it could be but I didn't think I'd get sucked into it. Bishoujo FemShep was supposed to merely a decoration to spruce up my desk at work, not a doorway to wallet hell! Thankfully I've curbed my videogame spending drastically. Only games I have preordered for the rest of the year are Destiny (Collector's Edition), Bayonetta 2, and Titty Dynasty Warriors aka Senran Kagura: Shinovi Versus. Even then I'm halfway tempted to cancel all of those except for Bayonetta 2. With Diablo 3 currently hooked directly into my veins, it feels like I won't need another game until Bloodborne comes out.

Sansei Muramasa [Wing] back in-stock at AmiAmi!

I believe there was someone here looking for her. Sorry, I cannot remember the name. >_<

http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?scode=FIGURE-005493
That was me. I appreciate the heads up!

Josephl64

I've learned to love Beach Queens...I find their quality decent(not amazing), but it's the only way I'll get a figure of some of my fave chars. And no, I'm not talking about Maki because Alter is there for me ~

Never in my wildest dreams did I think this hobby would be the money pit that it is. I mean I knew it could be but I didn't think I'd get sucked into it. Bishoujo FemShep was supposed to merely a decoration to spruce up my desk at work, not a doorway to wallet hell! Thankfully I've curbed my videogame spending drastically. Only games I have preordered for the rest of the year are Destiny (Collector's Edition), Bayonetta 2, and Titty Dynasty Warriors aka Senran Kagura: Shinovi Versus. Even then I'm halfway tempted to cancel all of those except for Bayonetta 2. With Diablo 3 currently hooked directly into my veins, it feels like I won't need another game until Bloodborne comes out.

I dunno, man. Out of the two, I think the figure spending would be the thing to curb and not the video game spending. But then a lot of games now are shitty 10-hour shooters. When I find a good RPG I can spend 40-80 hours with, few things can beat that.

take pics, send email give order number for the store and you should get replacement

GSC is the only one to do replacement and they are very nice about it.

Thanks for the info!
I hope they have some of the parts around still cause Yui is >1 year old and their site says they don't often carry parts for older models.

forgot my friend owns deep sea miku. She says the widest point is 10 inches... yeah thats way to much lol. Racing miku is 4 inches and maeda keiji is only 6.

chrono01

forgot my friend owns deep sea miku. She says the widest point is 10 inches... yeah thats way to much lol. Racing miku is 4 inches and maeda keiji is only 6.
So it's more than 8 inches, huh? It seems I was off.

She's not so much tall as she is wide. The pose, and the addition of the base, really require a lot of space to display correctly.

So it's more than 8 inches, huh? It seems I was off.

She's not so much tall as she is wide. The pose, and the addition of the base, really require a lot of space to display correctly.

yeah so she would need like 3 risers (the ones I have) to fit if back row or be in the front. The problem is if she is in the front she takes up like all the space. I think the billys are 31 wide so thats 1/3 of the space already.

If she was like 4-5k I would do it, but 7k + 5k shipping + the space ehhh. I like tan miku and racing 2013 better anyways

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom