• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT2| NSFWallet

Status
Not open for further replies.

george_us

I dunno, man. Out of the two, I think the figure spending would be the thing to curb and not the video game spending. But then a lot of games now are shitty 10-hour shooters. When I find a good RPG I can spend 40-80 hours with, few things can beat that.
Truth be told I need to curb both. My closet can't handle much more. Thankfully 2015 looks to be a very light year for figures. All I'm looking to get is Bishoujos Zatanna, She-Hulk, Juri, Black Canary, and probably Wasp.

Video games are much easier for me to quit buying these days since, as you already mentioned, many titles are pretty disposable these days. Plus I don't even finish a lot of games anymore to be honest. I've even been even thinking of getting rid of my XB1 since all I've been using it for is ESPN. Originally I got it for Dead Rising 3, Titanfall, and Sunset Overdrive but I strangely wound up hating DR3 and Titanfall got old in a week. All that leaves is Sunset Overdrive but I don't think that alone will be enough to justify keeping my XB1. There's Phantom Dust and Scalebound but those shits aren't coming out until 2016 at the earliest.

raven777

I got into figure telling myself that I won't be collecting more than 10 figures total.

Lol that worked out well...

And because of figures I only bought 2 games this year so far

Ken

Do it. I'll be collecting all the nendos.

The GSC ones hurt. :(

Stop you? I encourage it!

nooo

--

who's buying hot toys iron man xxxvi neogaf

ibyZ29t5Hbj0gp.jpg

chrono01

53FD9E6D3E6423001A

actually this seems like the one we are getting. The one I posted earlier with fancy base seems exclusive like that titan figure.
Oh, that's more manageable.

Still, look at GSC'sShimakaze. I'm still expecting an 11k yen price-tag, given the recent trend, especially given its popularity. :(

chrono01

you bought 18k 1/8 figure I think you can manage 11k 1/8 figure :p
Well, technically 16k [with cleaner cloth] and she comes with a bath tub!

...And it was cast-off, if you're into that sort of thing.

*whistles and walks away*

Damn it. Shining Wizard sculpted that Yamato Kai, huh? I guess that explains the impressive work.

Now I'm tempted to get the standard version. ~_~

raven777

Well, technically 16k [with cleaner cloth] and she comes with a bath tub!

...And it was cast-off, if you're into that sort of thing.

*whistles and walks away*

Damn it. Shining Wizard sculpted that Yamato Kai, huh? I guess that explains the impressive work.

Now I'm tempted to get the standard version. ~_~

I can't seem to find that Yamato in MFC. She isn't there yet?

chrono01

thanks!

Damn, the person who sculpted Samurai is making this? No wonder it's so good.

Really tempting but it's Kancolle....damn.
Yeah, Shining Wizard is definitely among my top three sculptors.

He's done:

Samurai
Tharja
Catherine
Sansei Muramasa [Maid Ver.]
Zero Suit Samus
7th Dragon Hatsune Miku
Elf
Hacker

All of who I love [although I don't own Catherine yet...], as well as the upcoming Psychic. He does some incredible work, and his name alone is enough to convince me that this one will be worth owning.

But as you said...KanColle...

raven777

Yeah, Shining Wizard is definitely among my top three sculptors.

He's done:

Samurai
Tharja
Catherine
Sansei Muramasa [Maid Ver.]
Zero Suit Samus
7th Dragon Hatsune Miku
Elf
Hacker

All of who I love [although I don't own Catherine yet...], as well as the upcoming Psychic. He does some incredible work, and his name alone is enough to convince me that this one will be worth owning.

But as you said...KanColle...

the new Miku he is making looks great as well.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I've learned to love Beach Queens...I find their quality decent(not amazing), but it's the only way I'll get a figure of some of my fave chars. And no, I'm not talking about Maki because Alter is there for me ~

Only Beach Queens that tempted me was the Akari~n Akari.

But I didn't really want to buy the other two figs that went along side it.

Still eventually got an Akari~n Akari in the form of a Nendo and it looks much better.

Ya...no way am I going to be able to resist that Yamato. Although if her turrets are exclusive that could easily make me pass on her. If they want to charge a crazy price for her with those than meh.

Wtf? Wow I am not sure why they would think selling it without the turrets is a good idea...she still looks cool but if I buy that one I will always be annoyed about not having them. No way in hell am I paying that price though.

So I guess you won't be need breathing exercises after seeing those prices.

No not at all. She is a gorgeous figure but I already feel like I spend way to much on figures. I think my price limit per figure is a $100 unless it is something I really really like.

raven777

I might get her without those heavy armament, since I really like the character sculpt itself.

Still, the prices are ridiculous + it's Kancolle so I am still not sure.

Yui

Yeah, I will probably pass on Yamato. The "real" version is too expensive and since I'm not a huge fan of sitting figures (unless it adds to the overall "feel" or scene) it's not too hard to pass on the plain version as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom