• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT2| NSFWallet

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember when you first came here. We basically predicted this would happen.

Also please let me know how bullet girls is.

Hehe well a month or so after I started here I had a massive order. It was the month Tharja came out, so it's not the first to hit me but this is the worst so far. December is looking nasty but I think there will be some delays of course.

Ryuuroden

I think I am going to order heavy armaments Yamato. Will only be the 2nd order for next year and I'll get her instead of himeji. I really like her look and she will be unique. Only one other ship girl interests me and not as much as Yamato. Furthermore, I bet Guts will cost 50k now that titan is 70k which makes more sense than the number someone said earlier for titan so that will be an easy pass. I would only bite on Guts if it was 30k. There, I've got my excuses to tell myself down. I will also sell a few figures and by then my Lego bricklink store will be up and running.

LiK

Fuck, totally forgot i preordered the One Piece Gladiator figure at HobbySearch. Payment request and EMS. Was gonna request cancellation but they charge 10%. Anyone else every requested last minute cancelations with them before?

Edit: looks like the figure sold out. Gonna resell it for profit when it arrives.

Don't judge me! I feel like you guys are judging me >.>
Searches for K-On! gif that works for you:
J2l81US.gif

Heehee I did warn you when you came into Figure GAF XD and you've became one of the more known contributor so it's all good =P

Preview: G.E.M. Series - Gintama: Sougo Okita ver. Douran 1/8 Complete Figure by MegaHouse
Yamato Kai: Heavy Armament Ver.
o0515040513048865836.jpg
o0515045513047177254.jpg

The second in Good Smile Company’s ‘Wonderful Hobby Selection’ series of top-notch figures is Max Factory’s 1/8th scale figure of the Yamato-class Battleship, “Yamato Kai: Heavy Armament Ver.” from the popular browser game ‘Kantai Collection -KanColle-.

The Heavy version features all of Yamato Kai’s impressive cannons – three 46cm three-barreled cannons, two smaller 15.5cm three-barreled cannons and 6 even smaller 12.7cm two-barrel cannons – all made to scale for a complete and faithful rendition of the original Yamato Kai illustration. The 46cm turrets are even articulated, and a special base made in the image of water with cherry blossom petals scattered across it is also included. Enjoy the company of the beautiful battleship Yamato as she floats peacefully in the water.

They’re so…. big!! (I mean the turrets, of course)

That sucks. I mostly use EMS nowadays but i guess it can happen. Personally it took never so long for me even with SAL unregistered and customs. (And they can work really slowly here in Germany lol)
Amiami says it can take up to 5 weeks. I guess you should wait a little more and then contact them.

Okay, I'll contact them on Sep 5.

So I've tracked an order tha I've placed with Amimi and it says "Item has been presented to Canada Border Services Agency for customs review. " (Yeah I am in Canada)

What does that mean? it'll be stuck there forever? will they make me pay an extra fee? or is this normal for this type of orders?

So I've tracked an order tha I've placed with Amimi and it says "Item has been presented to Canada Border Services Agency for customs review. " (Yeah I am in Canada)

What does that mean? it'll be stuck there forever? will they make me pay an extra fee? or is this normal for this type of orders?

They'll make you pay a fee, and yeah it is normal for pretty much anywhere except America to pay a customs fee. Not sure how much it is for Canada but for the UK anything importing in outside the EU is subjected to VAT, so anything over £15 will be charged 20% of the value as well as handling fees =/

They'll make you pay a fee, and yeah it is normal for pretty much anywhere except America to pay a customs fee. Not sure how much it is for Canada but for the UK anything importing in outside the EU is subjected to VAT, so anything over £15 will be charged 20% of the value as well as handling fees =/

vader_no.gif :(

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH, THIIIIS close to ordering Heavy Armaments.......BUT LEGO, THINK OF THE LEGO.

someone get it for me please :D

From one expensive hobby to another.

Well most people waste their money on drink and drugs and eventually their own funeral so at least we and our waifus have the last laugh.

Arclaid

I'm so glad they don't charge us custom fees for pretty much anything totaling under 1k over here*.

In the country where all the fauna tries to kill you.

So Racing Miku in the same month as Yamato...this is seriously making me reconsider what I order. Next year needs to be a lot slimmer order wise. May have to stick with standard but I will be thinking about it for a bit.

Einbroch

Banned
I have the Heavy Armament
stupid dumb don't need freaking lame uhggghghghgg
Yamato in my cart. She just looks so good.

April's far away, right? So, like, I'll just save $30 a month for her and it'll be golden. Mmhmm. I'm pulling this trigger.

omlet

Well most people waste their money on drink and drugs and eventually their own funeral so at least we and our waifus have the last laugh.

Waifus keep you out of trouble and prolong your life span by channeling funding away from more self-destructive pursuits!

*toasts with non-alcoholic beverage*

I have the Heavy Armament
stupid dumb don't need freaking lame uhggghghghgg
Yamato in my cart. She just looks so good.

April's far away, right? So, like, I'll just save $30 a month for her and it'll be golden. Mmhmm. I'm pulling this trigger.

Yes, it's far away. I believe in you.

Meyneth

vader_no.gif :(
Which province are you in?
I only ship with EMS and my packages always go through customs ( it seems like a routine thing). But in Ontario, if your package value is 10,000+ yen they charge you the provincial tax along with a handling fee.

edit:
10:53 MISSISSAUGA Item was released by Customs and is now with Canada Post for processing

10:51 MISSISSAUGA Item has arrived in Canada and was sent for further processing.
this is what usually appears in my tracking

Arclaid

Everyone's starting to cave in. Yamato is the hand that topples the line of dominoes over.

That Yamato is really pretty.

If she wasn't so absurdly priced.... no! I can't get sucked into the boat girl fandom.

I dunno. Maybe you just need to look at it some more.
o0515040513048865837.jpg

Einbroch

Banned
HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT

j6RDCiK.png

RIP WALLET RIP WALLET RIP WALLET RIP WALLET RIP WALLET RIP WALLET RIP WALLET RIP WALLET RIP WALLET RIP WALLET RIP WALLET RIP WALLET RIP WALLET RIP WALLET RIP WALLET RIP WALLET RIP WALLET

Arclaid

HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT

j6RDCiK.png

RIP WALLET RIP WALLET RIP WALLET RIP WALLET RIP WALLET RIP WALLET RIP WALLET RIP WALLET RIP WALLET RIP WALLET RIP WALLET RIP WALLET RIP WALLET RIP WALLET RIP WALLET RIP WALLET RIP WALLET

League of Legends 2014 World Championship Semi-Finals Exclusive

You should start preparing the funeral.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Everyone's starting to cave in. Yamato is the hand that topples the line of dominoes over.

I dunno. Maybe you just need to look at it some more.
o0515040513048865837.jpg

*sigh* Maybe I can go sans armaments. There's really only one set of guns I care about anyway, heehee.
Yes, the joke has been made a hundred times. I don't care!

Oh good. I thought it was going to British and thus the temptation angel would be after me also.

"Yamato's remodel art features a 'Hirihoukenten (非理法権天)' kneesock (originally a flag). It reflects one of the old philosophy in feudal Japan where foolishness (非) is not above sensibility (理), sensibility is not above law (法), law is not above authority (権), and authority is not above divinity (天). As the emperor was treated as a divine figure in imperial Japan it has a meaning of "no men can oppose the (divine) emperor". A slogan adopted by the Imperial Japanese navy, this flag was hung on Yamato on her final voyage towards Okinawa."

Sock.jpg

Which province are you in?
I only ship with EMS and my packages always go through customs ( it seems like a routine thing). But in Ontario, if your package value is 10,000+ yen they charge you the provincial tax along with a handling fee.

edit:

this is what usually appears in my tracking

I am in Montreal, my order was around 10,400 Yen shipped with registered SAL, this is what it shows:

(Read from bottom to top)

screenshot2014-08-28aelk0q.png

I am fearing a fee incoming :(

LiK

j6RDCiK.png

What's so special about this character?

I was thinking of ordering that Bulma prize figure johnsmith posted, but checking her MFC listing, she's not even 5" tall. Otherwise, she's really cool. Just way too small.

My wallet fell under the weight of Heavy Armament.

ibjExfWiYc7UKi.jpg

No regrets.

Oh lawd. Is the pricey version GSC exclusive?

You haven't watched Space Battleship Yamato 2199, BGBW? Based on the same ship.

Superior show is superior. I don't even have to wait for the KanColle anime to tell you that.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Is there a list of Kancolle girls out there? Maybe I can wait it out if I know there's a possibility of a better girl getting a Shining Wizard figure.

Einbroch

Banned
What's so special about this character?

Nothing. In fact, Ahri is one of the lamest League of Legends champions. But the fact that there is a League of Legends Nendo leads me to hope for more down the road. Ahri herself I don't care about, but League + Nendo is combining two of my favorite things in the world.

LiK

Nothing. In fact, Ahri is one of the lamest League of Legends champions. But the fact that there is a League of Legends Nendo leads me to hope for more down the road. Ahri herself I don't care about, but League + Nendo is combining two of my favorite things in the world.

Ah, LoL. I don't play it but I saw her in a recent trailer. Pretty cute character. Is the Nendo limited?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom