• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT2| NSFWallet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Einbroch

Banned
Oh yea that Ahri nendoroid is sold exclusively near my parent's home. But I won't bother going since I have zero interest in LoL.

This world sucks. Because I'm a stupid Amerifat I can't without spending bucko bucks on her.

Waaaaaaaaaah.

Ah, LoL. I don't play it but I saw her in a recent trailer. Pretty cute character. Is the Nendo limited?

Apparently only to the World Championship. I mean, she's not even on the GSC page, so who knows. If she's exclusive I'll be very, very sad.

I've not fully come to acceptance yet that "boat girl" is an actual thing, wow..
I'll get there, but just not yet..

image.php

Meyneth

I am in Montreal, my order was around 10,400 Yen shipped with registered SAL, this is what it shows:

(Read from bottom to top)

screenshot2014-08-28aelk0q.png

I am fearing a fee incoming :(
Yup, just checked my last order that got a fee. Customs got you.
So take the amount paid for the items in the box (without shipping added) calculate the tax and maybe add another $10 for handling. That'll be around what you should be expecting.

They'll want you to pay at the door too, but just say you don't have the money and the post person will take it to your local post office for pickup.

Ultimadrago

From one expensive hobby to another.

Well most people waste their money on drink and drugs and eventually their own funeral so at least we and our waifus have the last laugh.

Oy Oy, let me get this straight, a drug addiction is more expensive than figures?

Hehe

I do like it here, great community. You all
and myself
are just a bunch of dirty enablers!

You can even enable without wanting to enable! It's something else.

omlet

Indeed. Seems like Musashi and Yamato have the largest "missiles". (Poor Shimakaze)

She's just fine, what are you talking about.

(That chart is amazing btw)

EDIT:
EDIT: I might be reading this chart wrong.
Isn't it showing the proportions? As in, relative to the actual ship size.

Like Atago is on the top of the chart for obvious reasons but the actual ship is more middle-sized. So there is much more discrepancy with her between her armament size and actual ship size compared to Musashi's loadout vs her actual ship size (displacement). So being above or below the line just means that relative to others, their armaments aren't exactly proportionate to their overall body size.

WHY AM I SERIOUSLY TRYING TO ANALYZE THIS

Shimakaze and Amatsukaze still da bes

Yup, just checked my last order that got a fee. Customs got you.
So take the amount paid for the items in the box (without shipping added) calculate the tax and maybe add another $10 for handling. That'll be around what you should be expecting.

They'll want you to pay at the door too, but just say you don't have the money and the post person will take it to your local post office for pickup.

Anything I could have done to avoid this? shipping with EMS? or smaller orders perhaps? it was just 3 items and not that expensive to begging with.

Taking into account these extra fees lessens the appeal of buying in this japanese retailers, if I can find these figures in amazon for 10$ or 20$ more then one has to wonder if it's worthy or not.

Meyneth

Anything I could have done to avoid this? shipping with EMS? or smaller orders perhaps? it was just 3 items and not that expensive to begging with.

Taking into account these extra fees lessens the appeal of buying in this japanese retailers, if I can find these figures in amazon for 10$ or 20$ more then one has to wonder if it's worthy or not.
I would say that the best way to avoid customs is to find out what the cap is for your province and make sure your orders are just under that value.
For me that means planning all my orders to make sure they don't exceed 10k, and that results in having to keep track of a bunch of smaller packages rather than one large one.

Some people here said that they've been able to slip past customs whilst using SAL. I only use EMS because I'm impatient and need the detailed tracking.
I agree though, if you feel that a local retailer (amazon or whomever) is offering you a similar price and you're okay with just buying it from there then go for it.

edit:
On another note, Parfom aigis is ready to go! Just got my payment email

Arclaid

KC Wiki Ship List

Enter this potentially burgeoning product line at your peril

Was curious to see how many scaled KanColle figures there currently were. Might've missed a few.

GSC
Max Factory
Phat Company
Freeing
Kotobukiya
Ques Q
Aoshima
Amakuni
Movic
Aquamarine
Griffon
Vertex
Penguin Parade
Toy's Works
Broccoli
Media Factory
Pulchra
And the anime isn't even out yet.

Arkadios

Is there some sort of OT of KanColle on GAF? I was blazing through the wiki and was curious to know what kind of depth the game has.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Is that Thunderbird 3?

Oy Oy, let me get this straight, a drug addiction is more expensive than figures?
Well I can't speak from experience because I'm a good little boy who says NO to drugs.

My friend spends $2000 a month on weed.
Well if I ever need a cure for ever feeling guilty over reckless spending this was it.

Well I can't speak from experience because I'm a good little boy who says NO to drugs.
I'll say yes that drug addiction is more expensive, I mean I don't think I've heard anyone selling a load of their own stuff just to buy more figures...at least not in this thread >__>

Giolon

I'll say yes that drug addiction is more expensive, I mean I don't think I've heard anyone selling a load of their own stuff just to buy more figures...at least not in this thread >__>

There was just that guy in Japan that stole a $2500 figure from Mandarake to sell it to buy more figures...

kewlmyc

Was curious to see how many scaled KanColle figures there currently were. Might've missed a few.

GSC
Max Factory
Phat Company
Freeing
Kotobukiya
Ques Q
Aoshima
Amakuni
Movic
Aquamarine
Griffon
Vertex
Penguin Parade
Toy's Works
Broccoli
Media Factory
Pulchra
And the anime isn't even out yet.

Jesus fucking christ. Based Alter got giving into peer pressure I guess.
Yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom