• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT2| NSFWallet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm, this'll make a great figure - http://kancolle.wikia.com/wiki/Musashi

143.jpg

EDIT: Too late

GSC heard your request and rushed the figure into production so quickly they have her finished already. I wish I had that kind of stroke.

My friend spends $2000 a month on weed.
Have you explained to your friend the thing called "retirement" and why he should be saving for it?

Does anyone here actually play the Kancolle game?

Wut? Why?

oh.

There was just that guy in Japan that stole a $2500 figure from Mandarake to sell it to buy more figures...

What figure was it? Not that stupid One Piece one that they made like, five of. Is it?

Sounds like Franky? But I know shit about One Piece. Ask Chrono!

KanColle KanCollecting our money.

...I will likely give in and pre-order the Heavy Armament later today. :/

Hey, you tried, buddy. GG.

The only ones that put my wallet in the danger zone are the Fleet of the Abyss ships. And maybe Musashi. But Max Factory Wo-Class? Re-Class? And heaven forbid they make a figure of Battleship Princess (they will).

So apparently these things are like 4.5 inches tall. Definitely passing even if it's cheap. Way too small.

I came to that conclusion as well. I was gonna order, but noticed the size was conspicuously absent from the AmiAmi listing. So I looked her up on MFC, and that was that.

chrono01

Dat 'month'.
Honestly, April of 2015 is the only reason this is even possible. If it were this year, or early next year, it'd be impossible for me. :(

Sounds like Franky? But I know shit about One Piece. Ask Chrono!

Hey, you tried, buddy. GG.

The only ones that put my wallet in the danger zone are the Fleet of the Abyss ships. And maybe Musashi. But Max Factory Wo-Class? Re-Class? And heaven forbid they make a figure of Battleship Princess (they will).
Yeah, sounds like Sailing Again Franky. He was an exclusive on Bandai's website, and quite costly [at 15,000 yen base price, if a I remember correctly]. His value went up since then, of course, so seeing a new one for 25,000 yen wouldn't surprise me at all.

[Yes, I own him].

Edit : Wait, I just read the news story. Franky isn't a wind-up tin toy, though, so that description is a bit off. The price fits, but not the description. It might be something else, or they're just describing him in a very...very weird way. o_O

Edit #2 - Oh, the cost was 250,000 yen and not 25,000 yen? Yeah, definitely not Franky then.

As for Yamato, I did try. I really did. I gave it a whole night to think about it. I figure that's enough.

Into despair I go.

Ryuuroden

WALLET SUNK, caved in and ordered Yamato (Heavy Armored), and that other "boat girl" I plan on getting is Musashi since I want the sister ships of the Super-Dreadnoughts of WWII. Fuck me hard if they do an Enterprise, Bismark, or Iowa class boat girl. I can only hope since Enterprise and Iowa are American ships that I will be safe. German ships have a higher chance so I could totally get sunk there. But holy hell a girl in a WWII German Naval officers outfit with big guns.....hnnnnnnnnng. What kills me with this whole thing is totally different from you guys most likely. I am a huuuuuuge history buff and a major WWII history buff so when stuff like this comes out that combines that with like anime girls....fuck, I'm dead. I mean shit look at the little historical details they put in Yamato like the kneesock slogan. They really know where to target me. If they start doing blond and redhead american girls.....as ships, aaaaaaaargh, I don't want to contemplate it.

chrono01

Ewwwwwwwwwwwwww...

Srsly? I mean, ships, airplanes, castles, alright I get it. But is someone really interested in construction equipment?
Well, Inafune-san has a massive interest in construction equipment [probably not in "that way", though]. I mean, look at all of the characters he's designed.

Bombless

Battleships are a weakness of mine as well. I know the feeling all too well Ryuurden.

I must admit that, for all my lobbying of the figma versions, the fact that both Musashi, Yamato and Kouwanseiki are part of the same line makes it really hard to avoid them.

Ryuuroden

errr

You're fucked then

Strike witches.

luckily there aren't that many (like 8-10) and a good portion of them are 4-7k

I am safe then, cause I tried watching that show and hated it which turned me off from the figures, I probably would of still been into the figures if not for the whole litttle girl and panties thing the show was all about... so only Tank girls can defeat me now!

I like the Strike Witches anime a lot, but I only have a Miyafuji Nendoroid.

And technically there are waaay more characters than the core group of 11!

More: http://strikewitches.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_Strike_Witches

but there are only like 11 figures at most that are worth getting.

Sanya, Eila, Miyafuji, Sakamoto, Lucchini, Gertrude, Hartman, Perrine, Yaeger, Minna, Lynette and Hanna

After that you're basically done.

Sanya alt goes for 5k
Eila goes for 5-6k
Miyafuji is getting a re-release
sakamoto is about 4-5k
Lucchini is about 7k
Lynette is about 7k
Gertrude is 4-6k
Hartman is about 4-5k
Perrine is 5k~
Hanna is 5-6k
Minna is about 10k
Yaeger is about 10-12k

chrono01

So Yamato - Heavy Armament Ver. pre-order placed. I could not stop myself. It was meaningless.

At least April is a long way away, right? I can plan for her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom