• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT2| NSFWallet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Preview: BEACH QUEENS - Daitoshokan no Hitsujikai: Tamamo Sakuraba 1/10 Complete Figure by WAVE

Preview: G.E.M. Series - Gintama: Kagura ver. China Complete Figure by MegaHouse
These weren't posted I think:

Bombless

Oh man, for once I was still up when the postman came by with the Amiami package....only I didn't have enough cash on me to pay the tax + fees...because the amount is 116.95€.

Oh man, for once I was still up when the postman came by with the Amiami package....only I didn't have enough cash on me to pay the tax + fees...because the amount is 116.95€.

You get the option to pay on the doorstep? Damn... no such luck here, packages are always imprisoned at the local depot, and a 20min drive required to go and collect them :(

StayDead

You get the option to pay on the doorstep? Damn... no such luck here, packages are always imprisoned at the local depot, and a 20min drive required to go and collect them :(

Yeah same. It's only about 20 minutes by bus and 5 minutes by car to my local one, but when it's parcelforce it's half hour away by car (I can't drive) and also the handling fee is AWFUL. Damn ;_;

Yeah same. It's only about 20 minutes by bus and 5 minutes by car to my local one, but when it's parcelforce it's half hour away by car (I can't drive) and also the handling fee is AWFUL. Damn ;_;

Parcelforce are the worst, I don't know how they manage to keep a straight face when they tell me the extortionate charge my goods are held to ransom for. Also, they always give the impression that dealing with customers coming in to pay customs charges is a massive inconvenience for them... it's not my fault you won't let me pay your stupidly inflated handling fee on my own doorstep!

Bombless

Yeah you can pay at the doorstep but only in cash AND the exact amount. Which I almost never have because fuck small change.

Aparently starting nexy year they'll finally have wireless terminals allowing cc payment. Can't wait.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
I don't usually have cash on me. Luckily the packages are dropped at the nearest Supermarket (they phased out a ton of post offices), which is a 5 minute walk AND open after 6pm. Handy.

Yeah you can pay at the doorstep but only in cash AND the exact amount. Which I almost never have because fuck small change.

Aparently starting nexy year they'll finally have wireless terminals allowing cc payment. Can't wait.

2014, why the hell we aren't all using NFC payments for offline purchases by now is beyond me.

Parcelforce are the worst, I don't know how they manage to keep a straight face when they tell me the extortionate charge my goods are held to ransom for. Also, they always give the impression that dealing with customers coming in to pay customs charges is a massive inconvenience for them... it's not my fault you won't let me pay your stupidly inflated handling fee on my own doorstep!

Screw Parcelforce and their inflated customs fee, I mean it was like £16 in comparison to Royal Mail's £7 when I had one order delivered by them but yeah fecking customs =/

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes
This is why I like fedex, they just bring your shit to your door and give it to you, then they send you the customs bill in the mail a week later.

I hate Amiami's EMS because this is what happens every bloody time (this is my DC Sorceress):

After customs gets around to bothering to let it out into the country, the Glasgow depot got it, and now I have to wait for them to send me the ransom note by second class post which will arrive on Monday at the earliest, so that I can get it brought to my home maybe Tuesday-Wednesday, could be Thursday.

Hate paying for this ass backwards "service" that doesn't work, SAL registered almost always arrives a day or two after it shows up in the country, and then I get the added bonus of not paying the customs fee 99% of the time.

When all's said an done DC Sorceress is gonna cost me £96 or $155

Amazon was £54 or $87
Elf was £60 or $97

Sometimes I wonder why I collect at all, for a bunch of dust collecting pieces of plastic that aren't really worth the price paid? Then I start drawing and realize my need to collect is intrinsically linked to my need to create.

Sorry for the rant, I know people in other country's have it much worse, but being American and living in Scotland has really soured me over the years, if I was back home I'd be bitching about something else just as irrelevant...

Your hands are tied with ordering from AmiAmi or GoodSmile as they only offer EMS, which means JapanPost, which means inevitable Parcelforce intrusion.

I'll go with FedEx (and to a lesser extent UPS) all day long, given the option.

This is why I like fedex, they just bring your shit to your door and give it to you, then they send you the customs bill in the mail a week later.

I hate Amiami's EMS because this is what happens every bloody time (this is my DC Sorceress):

After customs gets around to bothering to let it out into the country, the Glasgow depot got it, and now I have to wait for them to send me the ransom note by second class post which will arrive on Monday at the earliest, so that I can get it brought to my home maybe Tuesday-Wednesday, could be Thursday.

Hate paying for this ass backwards "service" that doesn't work, SAL registered almost always arrives a day or two after it shows up in the country, and then I get the added bonus of not paying the customs fee 99% of the time.

When all's said an done DC Sorceress is gonna cost me £96 or $155

Amazon was £54 or $87
Elf was £60 or $97

Sometimes I wonder why I collect at all, for a bunch of dust collecting pieces of plastic that aren't really worth the price paid? Then I start drawing and realize my need to collect is intrinsically linked to my need to create.

Sorry for the rant, I know people in other country's have it much worse, but being American and living in Scotland has really soured me over the years, if I was back home I'd be bitching about something else just as irrelevant...
Use BigInJapan and tell them to mark down the value lol, they'll do it, or Nippon-Yasan but use them primarily for preorders (they'll just mark it down themselves), I only ever buy from Amiami if I can't find the figure or it will be less than £15 now.

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes
Your hands are tied with ordering from AmiAmi or GoodSmile as they only offer EMS, which means JapanPost, which means inevitable Parcelforce intrusion.

I'll go with FedEx (and to a lesser extent UPS) all day long, given the option.

I know, it's more a rant of the actual service provided, Nippon-Yasan offer fedex but the first tier service cost more then the figure does, and the second tier costs half the price of the figure, so I tend to go with EMS there too.

The difference is that Parcelforce then deliver it straight away.

I don't care about the VAT charge, (from an outsiders point of view) the healthcare system in this county more then makes up for it, but that if I go the legal route I get bent over on an additional handling fee, if I go the grey market route parcelforce do their job.

Use BigInJapan and tell them to mark down the value lol, they'll do it, or Nippon-Yasan but use them primarily for preorders (they'll just mark it down themselves), I only ever buy from Amiami if I can't find the figure or it will be less than £15 now.

I've never used BigInJapan, I was gonna try them out last year but they wanted the money straight away, and I do use Nippon-Yasan but I stupidly assumed these figures weren't big enough for EMS...

LOL that's just awesome...

Einbroch

Banned
Man, just browsing the 2chan figure section and I'm reading a story about how this dude spent 16k trying to win a prize figure. :lol

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
SAL all day every day. Sure the Royal Mail still charges a handling fee, but it's the lowest one and their nearest sorting office is around the corner from my house.

Meyneth

A question for anyone who has received orders from mandarake recently: Did they mark the value of the package down for you guys?

I've noticed that they keep marking mine down. Which isn't a problem, but one of my packages got opened today because of it... :/

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes
That bloody handling fee is a joke. "Give us money on top of the VAT you're paying, just because your package was held back in our depot for 3 days more than it should have been before we pulled our collective finger out."

Exactly, shit's just infuriating. They make me glad to pay every other couriers fee "just 'casue it ain't parcelforce".

SAL all day every day. Sure the Royal Mail still charges a handling fee, but it's the lowest one and their nearest sorting office is around the corner from my house.

Sometimes you gotta get bigger stuff, an SAL won't cut it.

i would have ordered the sorc, but shipping and possible tax stopped me so far. 3k+ for shipping is too much.

I'll be glad to have her, but I can understand why you passed.

Maybe you have a local anime store, or online one that'll make it hurt less?

A question for anyone who has received orders from mandarake recently: Did they mark the value of the package down for you guys?

I've noticed that they keep marking mine down. Which isn't a problem, but one of my packages got opened today because of it... :/

They always mark it down without asking, and it's usually glorious, but it does run the risk of being looked at closer and sometimes opened.

Is there a fine, in addition to the customs/handling fees, for getting caught?

Disgusting.

Kill it with fire!

Einbroch

Banned
That Miku x Nomura thread in gaming is super depressing.

People are like "I think I'll get that figure" when they probably don't even know there's so much more out there for them.

WolfStark

That Miku x Nomura thread in gaming is super depressing.

People are like "I think I'll get that figure" when they probably don't even know there's so much more out there for them.

On the plus side, they are entering the wide world of wallet draining figure collecting~

Looks like I am the only one liking it so far. There are many Mikus and normally I am not interested but this from PAK is interesting. The ankles of the mouth are a little bit exaggerated but I am far from disgusted.^^
eACVBjF.gif

Catwoman, can't you tell? It's so obvious.
Wait seriously? Thought it was supposed to be Sexy Xenomorph lol what with the tail, then again I see the DC comics copyright lol.
Goddamn there goes another wad of cash:

cX904cF.jpg
The only one people will care for lol, heard how bad the remake was XD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom