• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT2| NSFWallet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Received DC Comics Bishoujo Statue Starfire today. This figure leans slightly on its base and it's a bit too easy to knock it over or for it fall down on its own. A little disappointed with this.

15546402875_d430803c68_h.jpg

14926227603_84e3b644fe_h.jpg
15547248282_985135fe71_h.jpg

15360764610_2c6a746717_h.jpg
14925657594_676055eedb_h.jpg

15547246342_9a6a08c4da_h.jpg
14926224253_bd2fb29ecc_h.jpg

15546468625_36ad9f90bd_h.jpg

Received DC Comics Bishoujo Statue Starfire today. This figure leans slightly on its base and it's a bit too easy to knock it over or for it fall down on its own. A little disappointed with this.

I noticed this too. If you put her in the back row against the back of a bookcase or something, you can place her in a way that stabilizes her and prevents any wobbling.

george_us

Great pics. Sucks that she doesn't have a proper base but everything else looks nice!

So I was looking at Labrys on BBTS to see how bad the domestic price would be... $220. LOLOLOLOL

Speaking of BBTS, they have the SDCC Super Best Friends 3-pack and SDCC SBF Poison Ivy available for pre-order again.

FrostyCollects

Neo Member
Ah, my Kan Colle's Kitakami Nendo is now "In-stock" on AmiAmi so that leaves 7 items pending release or not this month.

Still itching to preorder some more late Oct items... *bites lower lip*

Meyneth

Aww man
Dem thighs....
I almost bought her, but then I thought the pose was really suggestive so I backed off.

And then I bought the Phat! senran kagura figures

¯_(ツ)_/¯
Same here lol, it'll be alright SAL unregistered brother ='D hopefully ours will be here soon.

As for Einbroch, I would've thought you knew everyone was joking/mildly joshing you XD, I was anyway lol. And wait someone posted an image of a masturbating figure O__o?
The images weren't posted, it was a link to a site that had very.. comprehensive.. photos of the figure.

Side note: That Sheryl Nome dollfie dream is giving me so much life right now. Hopefully her sculpt will be like Kos-Mos and Rise's; not too anime. :D

Toki767

Is GSC's Mikasa still set to come out this month? I'm constantly hovering over the pre-order button, but she doesn't seem to have sold out so I may risk waiting to see if her price goes down from overstock.

Is GSC's Mikasa still set to come out this month? I'm constantly hovering over the pre-order button, but she doesn't seem to have sold out so I may risk waiting to see if her price goes down from overstock.

the regular will proably go down at first.

The exclusive will definitely stay the value of MSRP at worse.

Meyneth

You missed out, man. Starfire is great. The good news is she's still available. *nudgenudge* :D
I just checked amiami; it's too bad they removed the round wooden part of the base. That seemed like a poor decision.

Also, huntress is still available?! -order-

I hope they do a hawkwoman someday... Or a better poison ivy

chrono01

Movic will be releasing their 1/1 scale replica of the maneuver gear from "Attack on Titan" in January of 2015.

ibxvxbrQQVZywS.jpg

...For ¥99800. It's also an Exclusive.

itDTqTh.gif

Arclaid

Any new info on Griffon's Kasumi? Like I want to order it, but I just don't know...

Honestly don't know much about the Kasumi figure, but Griffon quality is pretty bad in general. Once in a while they might put out something with decent QC, but a lot of their stuff looks more like this:

I mean, if you still want the figure it'll be better to wait and see how the final product turns out first.

So...tanned Nendos are a thing:
Nendoroid I-401
o0515044313098973816.jpg

o0515054313098924127.jpg

From the popular browser game ‘Kantai Collection -KanColle-’ comes a Nendoroid of the Toku Class Submarine I-401! Ready for departure!

Optional parts include Aichi M6A Seiran attack planes as well as her torpedoes to display battle scenes! The hangar tubes at her sides can be opened and closed, and a half-damage body is also included! Some splashing water effect parts are also included to display her jumping around in the water – as she really enjoys a quick splash in the bath!
Ooooooooh!!! (´∀`)

Delicious tanned skin and a school swimsuit!

With a no-sleeve sailor outfit over the top too!

The energetic submarine, Shioi-chan! ♥︎

Following on from Nendoroid Akagi, Kaga, Kitakami and Ooi comes the 5th Nendoroid based on illustrations by Shibafu! (。・ω・)ノ゙

Just like all the previous Nendoroids, the illustration looks wonderful in chibi Nendoroid size! Just look how cute she is!

Let’s take a look from the back! ♪
o0515058113098923873.jpg

The submarine parts carried on her shoulder have also been carefully sculpted!

The lovely orange collar of her sailor outfit too! (*´Д`)=з

Optional parts include Aichi M6A Seiran attack planes!
o0515035813098923871.jpg

They even of course include the floats needed for submarine-borne aircraft! Not to mention that you can even pose them preparing for launch on the hangar tubes, like on the right side of Shioi-chan here! (σ・∀・)σ
o0515049913098923870.jpg

--------------------------------------------------
o0515047913098924128.jpg

o0515063413098924312.jpg

Quite a different kind of effect parts compared to others!

I can see it being useful for poses with various other characters too! (‘-’*)(,_,*)

(・∀・) “There is also something that stands out quite a lot with her legs!”

Her legs?!
o0515052613099396142.jpg

The joint and leg colors are… different?!

(・∀・) “Yep! It shows just how tanned she is!”

This is the love of a true Admiral…! (´□`。)

(・∀・) “The tanned body is also nicely visible on the half-damage body!”

Oooh! I almost forgot about the half-damage body! Let’s take a look!
o0515063413098973817.jpg

---------------------------------------------------
o0515056313098973590.jpg

(・∀・) “This side of Shioi was never visible in the illustration making it our original interpretation… but take a look at the skin visible through the bigger hole!“

… it’s not tanned! (((゜д゜;)))

(・∀・) “We were told by Shibafu that Shioi’s upper body is fully tanned, but the lower parts are still pale! We made sure to keep that true with the Nendoroid!”
Preview: Sekai Seifuku Sakusen - Futari wa Pretty Cure: Nagisa Misumi 1/10 Complete Figure by MegaHouse

This is Meshi, here to serve up another heaping helping of figure previews. Pretty Cure is enjoying it's tenth year of instilling positivity and confidence in young girls and ookina otomodachi alike. Today we look at one of its very first heroines, Cure Black aka Nagisa Misumi from Futari wa Pretty Cure. Let's dig in!

Sekai Seifuku Sakusen - Futari wa Pretty Cure: Nagisa Misumi 1/10 Complete Figure [MegaHouse]
And now more animated Steins;Gate =D, sponsored by IBM Japan XD
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XyovwDCzcFY
http://www.mugendai-web.jp/steinsgate/

so, is something Amiami ranks as a B worth buying used?
They're pretty much fine, Amiami's rank B items are good quality.

omlet

okay fair enough, Saori is pretty great, after all.

Unrelated to oreimo, but I stumbled across this on MFC today... http://myfigurecollection.net/item/118053 (mildly nsfw) I knew there were lots of Nyaruko figures but had no idea they made a neat Kuuko figure like this. Never heard of this maker, though; anyone have this figure or anything from them? Might look into this one since it has really bargain binned and the user pics on MFC show it turning out pretty nicely.

Weird timing means that my GSR Racing Miku nendo and the newest GSR BMW model both arrived on the same day (and required import charges to be paid, bah). They are sat in my car outside the office, waiting to be raced home and opened! Photos later :)

In other news, this is where I have to stand every time I want to get my nice things/pay all that customs duty in my local Parcelfarce depot:

B0ENKH0CcAAXr27.jpg

Depressingly appropriate, non?

omlet

I meant aftermarket, yeah. However, like you said, it's hard to tell since it depends on how big of a run she gets because of in-stock selling out. I doubt it bins (but maybe it will hover around MSRP instead of shooting up). Edit: I guess as usual, if you can afford it and have to have it might as well not risk it. That's the approach I took with devil Homura. But for some of the other 100$+ figs in the near future that I was interested in, I decided to not preorder and see what happens.

Einbroch

Banned
Halloween Miku came today, but I was out at lunch. Oh well. Not in a rush, as I'm not gonna be unboxing any more figs until January anyway.

But want. :(

Bombless

Wow TPB, that's one hell of a hellhole.

Freeza...what the hell is wrong with you.

In other figure related news, Sorceress is finally in my hands. This is what I love about Nippon Yasan, the package arrived while I was out but since Transi-logi has the VAT already paid and there's no handling fees, my father just took the box and that was it. It's also faster than EMS here since there's no customs transit bullshit.

FrostyCollects

Neo Member
Frosty likes I-401! Just great to see this Kan Colle Nendo display get bigger and bigger.

We still have yet to see sculpts for Kumano, Suzuya and Ryuujo. Bet Winter WonFest will bring us even more KC Nendo announcements. Hopefully, Nagato and Yamato.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom