• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT2| NSFWallet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bombless

Hi, I want to buy the Bayonetta figure from Phat (http://myfigurecollection.net/item/13944)
Since I'm as usual late prices are unfortunately relatively high :/
I was just wondering. My figurecollection doesn't mention that there a counterfeits being sold and I saw on the pages of other figures that they do mention if there are counterfeits. Does this mean there are none? And does this mean, as long as the figure is new and sealed I can just buy where I find her for a good price without worrying to not get an original figure?

MFC isn't know-it-all but there's a high chance she hasn't been bootlegged. Even if she was, if you stick with Amiami and Mandarake you'd never get a counterfeit figure.

Phat!'s Bayo is a gorgeous figure. I am happy to own her.

Thrasher429

Neo Member
What's this, FigureGAF? Whining about the prices for Labrys and Chamber? You telling me you're not hardcore? Ha!

*preorders both Labrys and Chamber*

I think it's time to create a HardcoreFigureGAF thread... >_>

Ok, I'm BSing here... Yeah, those prices are a bit tough to swallow. Even though I'm a huge Persona fan, my heart belongs only to Mitsuru so I'm just after her figures. Hoping they'll make a Nendo and a GSC 1/8 for her someday...

If it had been Chie then there wouldn't even be an issue. I would buy a 15k+ Chie by Alter any day of the week

qzMJlm9.jpg

mgrghhm, I need these

Ultimadrago

mgrghhm, I need these

Man, those remind me of Banpresto's cute prize figures (but more detailed). I still need to get the other half of their Nichijou set.

Edit: Sunny Side Up is the manufacturer it seems. I've never heard of them before, but those are some cute P3 figs.

Bittercup

MFC isn't know-it-all but there's a high chance she hasn't been bootlegged. Even if she was, if you stick with Amiami and Mandarake you'd never get a counterfeit figure.

Phat!'s Bayo is a gorgeous figure. I am happy to own her.
Thank you. Good to know :)
Yes I absolutely love her design. That will be the most expensive figure I have bought so far, but worth it.

Tidd

Think it's like the added problem of the figure being based on a spin off, so basically a niche of a niche =/

Niche of a niche?
That's a bit exaggerated. I can accept that P4A is a niche title but P4 + Golden did very well sales-wise and I wouldn't consider it as a niche title anymore.

Let's hope this is a one time only thing.
btw I still can't believe they released Mikan on time. hahaha

kewlmyc

Man, those remind me of Banpresto's cute prize figures (but more detailed). I still need to get the other half of their Nichijou set.

Edit: Sunny Side Up is the manufacturer it seems. I've never heard of them before, but those are some cute P3 figs.

They're prize figures for the P3 movies.

Niche of a niche?
That's a bit exaggerated. I can accept that P4A is a niche title but P4 + Golden did very well sales-wise and I wouldn't consider it as a niche title anymore.

Let's hope this is a one time only thing.
btw I still can't believe they released Mikan on time. hahaha
I consider P4 Arena games niche lol, even for Japan =P, sure it did well enough for a sequel but as you said the Persona 4 did well etc, but Labrys is neverless a character from Arena =P and I wish I have your optimism for figure prices lol they seem to be increasing quite a bit now =(
I don't know why...but this turns me on. Do..do I have a thing for googly eyes?
That or you like girls with crazy eyes =P

Einbroch

Banned
One word, even when not going into detail, and people flip. It's a joke about gluing googly eyes to your figures, and because it's a play on words, it's a no-no. No detail. Not even discussing the topic. A word.

Meanwhile, people post images of figures that finger themselves and are essentially naked, but no one bats an eye at that. Nevermind images of big breasted bunny-outfit wearing figures and little girls in bikinis in suggestive poses. That's all okay. But one word, in a light-hearted and non-descriptive manner, and it's moaning.

Aight, then.

Einbroch

Banned
Feel free to pm a mod if someone is stupid enough to post nsfw figures. I've seen it done like once and it was promptly fixed.

If I did that this thread wouldn't exist. Like four pages ago were some images that wouldn't be safe for work. I honestly don't care about that, though. I know to steer clear of this thread when in public.

Fair enough point, though. If it's not funny, then don't quote it. Unfunny jokes don't get quoted unless they're offensive to you. If it's offensive, we need to look at what else is offensive in this thread. That's all I'm saying, and that's all I'll say.

NENDOS

I don't know why...but this turns me on. Do..do I have a thing for googly eyes?
Lol i'm with you here dood. "what's that between your legs senpai?" :>

Whatever gets you off, man.

Just don't go hotgluing
googly eyes to your figures, you'll ruin them.

kek

One word, even when not going into detail, and people flip. It's a joke about gluing googly eyes to your figures, and because it's a play on words, it's a no-no. No detail. Not even discussing the topic. A word.

Meanwhile, people post images of figures that finger themselves and are essentially naked, but no one bats an eye at that. Nevermind images of big breasted bunny-outfit wearing figures and little girls in bikinis in suggestive poses. That's all okay. But one word, in a light-hearted and non-descriptive manner, and it's moaning.

Aight, then.

Preach Einbroch, preach! I don't see the logic that some people have here (especially the ones that are "worried" about how this thread will be perceived by others). All they have to do is NOT reply to the joke and it will die out on its own. Eh, whatever, it seems to be a losing battle.

My journey begins to collect all (or most of) the Seven Deadly Sins figures! :eek:

javac

Why is everyone fighting for.
Anywhere can be paradise as long as you have the will to live. After all, you are alive, so you will always have the chance to be happy. As long as the Sun, the Moon, and the googly eyes exist, everything will be all right.

The Matoi Ryuko PM Figure comes out soon, still haven't got my Red figure yet :(
Red's in his box somewhere. All's not alright with the world.

meijiko

I just sent a cancellation request for AmiAmi. I think this is the third one? Out of my three years collecting. I hated to do it but I really don't want that GSC Mikasa anymore. Too expensive, not the exclusive, and even with all the delays October is still a shitfest for my wallet. Kinda wish I hadn't preordered her in the first place.

Halloween Miku still not shipped. I have space reserved for her to pose together with Melissa Seraphy:

I love this one. And she shares my first name!

Why is everyone fighting for.

Anywhere can be paradise as long as you have the will to live. After all, you are alive, so you will always have the chance to be happy. As long as the Sun, the Moon, and the googly eyes exist, everything will be all right.

The Matoi Ryuko PM Figure comes out soon, still haven't got my Red figure yet :(
Red's in his box somewhere. All's not alright with the world.
Same here lol, it'll be alright SAL unregistered brother ='D hopefully ours will be here soon.

As for Einbroch, I would've thought you knew everyone was joking/mildly joshing you XD, I was anyway lol. And wait someone posted an image of a masturbating figure O__o?

javac

Same here lol, it'll be alright SAL unregistered brother ='D hopefully ours will be here soon.

I'm not really too bothered about him taking his time, I don't think I'll open him any time soon in any case but I just hope he hasn't lost his way while getting here. It hasn't been that long I guess! :p Should be here soon, hopefully sans import duty!

Trying to sell some stuff at the moment so I can get lagann, cancelled Bayo 2 as well in the process :p A bit off topic but you saw pics of the set in the thread right?

I'm not really too bothered about him taking his time, I don't think I'll open him any time soon in any case but I just hope he hasn't lost his way while getting here. It hasn't been that long I guess! :p Should be here soon, hopefully sans import duty!

Trying to sell some stuff at the moment so I can get lagann, cancelled Bayo 2 as well in the process :p A bit off topic but you saw pics of the set in the thread right?
Yeah saw the pics =D I'm excited to watch it lol, but my Bluray player is getting repaired XD so will need to watch on PS3/PS4's iffy Bluray pad control.

javac

Yeah saw the pics =D I'm excited to watch it lol, but my Bluray player is getting repaired XD so will need to watch on PS3/PS4's iffy Bluray pad control.

Damn, what the hell did you do to your Blu-ray player! Too much anime! lol The PS3 isn't too bad, never used a PS4 so I'm not sure about that. Hopefully Zavvi package it properly!

Damn, what the hell did you do to your Blu-ray player! Too much anime! lol The PS3 isn't too bad, never used a PS4 so I'm not sure about that. Hopefully Zavvi package it properly!

I hope they box it instead of jiffy bag bought the LOTR trilogy bluray and they used a jiffy bag for it >__< and lol the Bluray player actually lacked my love (read haven't used it in a long while XD) and somehow pressing the eject button on it did nothing, =S at least it was still under warrenty =)

And yeah PS3 controls are actually tbph okay, PS4 I am not used to it lol, pressing circle to pause and play irks me XD

I just sent a cancellation request for AmiAmi. I think this is the third one? Out of my three years collecting. I hated to do it but I really don't want that GSC Mikasa anymore. Too expensive, not the exclusive, and even with all the delays October is still a shitfest for my wallet. Kinda wish I hadn't preordered her in the first place.

You'll be fine. I've cancelled like, 20 figures from them this year alone. And I still haven't gotten the "don't do it again" notice. As long as you usually pay on time and order a good amount from them, they don't seem to care that much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom