• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT2| NSFWallet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mail from Ami telling me the Racing Miku 2013 bike is delayed until late-Nov. Not the end of the world, just means EV Mirai Miku will be bike-less for a few weeks, as she's due this month.

FIGURE-006692_05.jpg

Einbroch

Banned
Why are you telling a bunch of strangers how much you earn? This isn't a dating site. XD

I own a house, so I make enough.

For background. It's always interesting to know where people come from, whether it be financially, socially, or locally. Especially when we're blowing 90k a month on plastic dolls. :lol

I personally don't want to share, but those that do, more power to them.

Makes me wonder how much some people here make for a living.

$35k here.

I don't make that much more than you. At least at my main job. I don't live in a city or anything though so cost of living isn't bad.

I do a lot of art on the side and I mess with Mturk to help lighten the cost of this addictive hobby.

RMI

Banned

$35k here.

Me and my GF make enough so that combined with our affordable house and general low cost of living in our area, we can enjoy going out to eat once in a while and I can spend some money on a fig now and again. Definitely couldn't afford to pull big orders every month though. Well I could, but it would be really irresponsible.

For background. It's always interesting to know where people come from, whether it be financially, socially, or locally. Especially when we're blowing 90k a month on plastic dolls. :lol

I personally don't want to share, but those that do, more power to them.

I make enough to keep the figure train rolling each month.

omlet

$35k here.

My take-home is around that. I have not spent much on toys/vacations in the last few years just out of general frugalness and paying lots extra on my (not-very-big-to-begin-with) mortgage (which I just finished paying off this month). This year is definitely a record high in terms of hobby spending for me (I think by the time Devil Homura is factored in in December, close to 1k this year). That's not even that much in the big scheme of things (and some heavyweights in this thread especially), but actually doing the math in my head now I almost feel a little guilty that it's even that high (I blame "catching up" this year due to relative inactivity in the hobby for the past few years).

Arkadios

I only buy figures that really really sparks my interest, so I end up buying only 3 new figures every year or something, so money to pay them is not a problem usually. Compared to a few passionate enthusiasts here I few like a lurker lol.

kewlmyc

Me and my GF make enough so that combined with our affordable house and general low cost of living in our area, we can enjoy going out to eat once in a while and I can spend some money on a fig now and again. Definitely couldn't afford to pull big orders every month though. Well I could, but it would be really irresponsible.

I can understand that. It's why I'm starting to cut back. Gotta be more responsible.

StayDead

I'm a carer currently so have no job and are paid carers allowance to live on. I make less than £3000 a year and some of that many goes on bills, the rest goes on figures and games to keep myself entertained while studying/caring at the same time.

There's no point saving money until I get a job because I barely make anything anyway.

Ryuuroden

$35k here.

I make enough that I can pay cash for a car, and support both LEGO and Figure hobbies, and live on my own in a 2 bedroom apartment soon to be upgraded to a 3 bedroom house within next 2 years.

omlet

I only buy figures that really really sparks my interest, so I end up buying only 3 new figures every year or something, so money to pay them is not a problem usually. Compared to a few passionate enthusiasts here I few like a lurker lol.

This was me when I started and then for a several years. Then I didn't really keep up with figs for a couple years. Then this year I bought like 10 figures lol. Next year it's probably going to go back down to just a handful. I hope, anyway, heh.

I can understand that. It's why I'm starting to cut back. Gotta be more responsible.

Aye, especially with prices on the rise, being more selective is a good habit to get into. I may not have any kids or other financially-heavy obligations but we all still have a future to consider.

javac

HF?

I used to do a lot more on the side but doing art at my job then coming home and doing it wears down on me sometimes. Start to hate art if I do it to much.

Hentai Foundry I guess. Not like I visit that site or anything! My Red came today but I haven't opened it yet.

I myself am a uni student with no job at the moment. Such is life but I manage to pay for stuff I want with hard work and guts!

chrono01

$35k here.
I have a tree behind my house that grows crisp $100 bills at a pretty constant rate.

I need to be careful to not over-pluck the tree too much, and it can be bothersome when it rains [leaves normally enjoy water, paper bills however...not so much].

kewlmyc

I have a tree behind my house that grows crisp $100 bills at a pretty constant rate.

I need to be careful to not over-pluck the tree too much, and it can be bothersome when it rains [leaves normally enjoy water, paper bills however...not so much].

I'm trying to grow my own money tree but people keep stealing it.

chrono01

I'm trying to grow my own money tree but people keep stealing it.
Thieving neighbours!

Have you tried surrounding the tree with a lake of magical fire that will burn anyone to ashes should they come within 50 feet of the tree it's protecting? My troubles went away pretty quickly when I incorporated that.

FrostyCollects

Neo Member
I spend housesitting cash on toys & games. Whose house, you ask? Some ex-WNBA player whose shoe size is 7 more than mine... *gasps*

BS or not? You decide! ;)

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
You could probably make a fuck-ton taking commissions on HF.

If you can make animed gif(not original art, just anime an already existed art work) especially furry or yaoi,I heard that's very nice income also. I forgot what community but my sister told me about that before.

kewlmyc

Thieving neighbours!

Have you tried surrounding the tree with a lake of magical fire that will burn anyone to ashes should they come within 50 feet of the tree it's protecting? My troubles went away pretty quickly when I incorporated that.

No, I've pretty much given up on it. Now I'm trying to find a leprechaun. That or a sugar momma.

javac

Chug! Chug! Chug! Chug!

I mean drinking sodas and eating junk food!

Haha oh now I get it :p Tell me about it! All I eat is junk, but I seem to be getting through so I can't complain. I actually haven't been eating or doing much recently, super depressed so I'm looking to getting a job soon to keep me occupied if anything. Sounds like I have no passion or drive, but I guess I don't these days. I was getting a decent income but it's kinda diminishing slowly so something has to give! I feel like Sato from NHK lmao.

Einbroch

Banned
Haha oh now I get it :p Tell me about it! All I eat is junk, but I seem to be getting through so I can't complain. I actually haven't been eating or doing much recently, super depressed so I'm looking to getting a job soon to keep me occupied if anything. Sounds like I have no passion or drive, but I guess I don't these days. I was getting a decent income but it's kinda diminishing slowly so something has to give! I feel like Sato from NHK lmao.

Depending on how much you need to make, I would suggest looking at web assessment jobs. They pay decent (start around $12.50/hr but the one I worked at started at $15.55/hr), let you work from home, and can be something to fill time when you either are looking for a job or are in a position where you should be a stay-at-home person but don't just wanna do nothing. They also offer great mobility. Started out just thinking it was a part-time gig for some extra cash, turned into a career. I can let you know more if you're interested. It won't get you out of the house (which is why I volunteer at a special needs home twice a week), but it pays bills (or pays for figs).

javac

Depending on how much you need to make, I would suggest looking at web assessment jobs. They pay decent (start around $12.50/hr but the one I worked at started at $15.55/hr), let you work from home, and can be something to fill time when you either are looking for a job or are in a position where you should be a stay-at-home person but don't just wanna do nothing. They also offer great mobility. Started out just thinking it was a part-time gig for some extra cash, turned into a career. I can let you know more if you're interested. It won't get you out of the house (which is why I volunteer at a special needs home twice a week), but it pays bills (or pays for figs).

Thank you very much for that, I'll look into it :). I feel that I want to just get out there first you know? Get some fresh air and get my foot in something that's out of my comfort zone. I don't know if I ever will, but if I don't well I have no idea why I'm even alive really.

Ultimadrago

This is me.

I make enough that I can pay cash for a car, and support both LEGO and Figure hobbies, and live on my own in a 2 bedroom apartment soon to be upgraded to a 3 bedroom house within next 2 years.

The other two bedrooms for your figures and LEGO collections respectively, of course!

omlet

I don't have any swimsuit figures and I plan to keep it that way but... hnnngh. (Edit: the bow looks kind of silly though lol)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom