• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT2| NSFWallet

Status
Not open for further replies.

tauke

I used Tenso to order my Nendoroid Red from Amazon.jp!
They were very fast!
They just required identification with your address on it for legal reasons and proof of residence.
The only downside I noticed was the only shipping option seemed to be EMS, but if that doesn't bother you then I wholeheartedly reccomend them!

Great to hear that! I always use EMS since many items love to go missing in action in my country (or grow a pair of legs and ran away to Timbuktu).

Thanks for sharing your experience!
My wallet will bleed to death lol

raven777

Welp that was a easy decision on that figure. Noooope

I would like to thank Alter, you have saved me money today.

Today they showed sneak peak of the colored version.

I love the character design from the anime so excited. But the figure is based on LN artwork, so not as extreme body as the anime it seems.

Very interested in this.

spiritfox

So my Nendo Red came today. It's always nice when a figure you forgot you ordered suddenly arrive at your doorstep, like an early Christmas present.

L95

Man, it kinda sucks.... I just got into the hobby. Though, I guess that means it's easier to get out now? haha.

Einbroch

Banned
I will cry many many tears if Nendos start to creep up...

Don't even joke about it.

Honestly, if anything, they'll go down. They're opening a new factory, right? And Nendos have always been the "cheap alternative to full scales".

I can see them creep up maybe a little in average price since GSC seems to be throwing in more accessories, faces, and bodies, but I don't think they'll just go up for no reason.

Man, it kinda sucks.... I just got into the hobby. Though, I guess that means it's easier to get out now? haha.

The Yen is pretty weak right now. The price may be creeping up on figs, but you're getting like 30% more figure for your dollar than you were two years ago.

RMI

Banned
Don't even joke about it.

Honestly, if anything, they'll go down. They're opening a new factory, right? And Nendos have always been the "cheap alternative to full scales".

There's always FigFx too. Broke down and ordered Shinobu because really you can never have enough. Although I'll be passing on her Figma with the horrendous joints, or maybe picking up if it hits 2k preowned just for the accessories.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I just told the figurine companies that I run a figurine museum and it would be wonderful if they could donate their figurines so they can be preserved and admired for generations to come.

Of course there is no museum, they just go on a shelf in my house.

Einbroch

Banned
That Labrys price is a joke. The rising prices are killing my interest in this hobby.

When did you start? I think this "rising price" thing is a little silly. Labrys, to cost you the same amount in USD, would have to be 10.9k at AmiAmi just at this time last year. That's pretty reasonable, right?

Alter figures last year, at the end of the year, were ~9k-12k. I don't know. I don't really think it's a big deal. Now, if the Yen gets stronger and the prices keep creeping, then worry.

omlet

You can stay. Bargain bin and used prices are still quite affordable, if you like what's offered. Now if you're the type that gets drawn to all the $100+ figures then tread carefully :p

kewlmyc

At least with all these new figures I was interested in being $150+ excluding shipping, I can actually start saving money/paying off student debt more. I might actually be able to move to a better place now. Thanks Alter and GSC!

I may or may not have just ordered Himeji Castle.

ixTMPpINNgacd.gif

RMI

Banned
When did you start? I think this "rising price" thing is a little silly. Labrys, to cost you the same amount in USD, would have to be 10.9k at AmiAmi just at this time last year. That's pretty reasonable, right?

You sure about that? The current exchange rate is $1=105JPY or so. Last October it was like $1=98JPY.

15k for a 1/8 scale fig is just madness any way you cut it.

kunonabi

anyone know what is going on with halloween miku? my card got charged a while a go but my order just says packing slip created.

Einbroch

Banned
You sure about that? The current exchange rate is $1=105JPY or so. Last October it was like $1=98JPY.

15k for a 1/8 scale fig is just madness any way you cut it.

Gah, I meant two years ago. Apparently it didn't load correctly. Mah bad. But yeah, it makes my point less impactful.

kewlmyc

If lab had an elaborate base plus shadow face then maybe.

Like yamato and himeji at least have unique bases

We haven't even seen her base either. Hopefully it's decent. Still not buying it at that price though.

A Shadow Labrys face would have been awesome and I'm surprised it's not included.

I'm more or less thinking that Alter's price for Labrys was due to being bit hard by their support to Persona 4 the Animation, believe their figures for the series didn't sell well, Yukiko sure didn't...she dropped in price like a brick and so they'd rather recoup cost with Labrys' price and yeah I think there won't be too many made...

Still that price is outrageous =/

Bittercup

Hi, I want to buy the Bayonetta figure from Phat (http://myfigurecollection.net/item/13944)
Since I'm as usual late prices are unfortunately relatively high :/
I was just wondering. My figurecollection doesn't mention that there a counterfeits being sold and I saw on the pages of other figures that they do mention if there are counterfeits. Does this mean there are none? And does this mean, as long as the figure is new and sealed I can just buy where I find her for a good price without worrying to not get an original figure?

johnsmith

remember me
I'm more or less thinking that Alter's price for Labrys was due to being bit hard by their support to Persona 4 the Animation, believe their figures for the series didn't sell well, Yukiko sure didn't...she dropped in price like a brick and so they'd rather recoup cost with Labrys' price and yeah I think there won't be too many made...

Still that price is outrageous =/

You're thinking of Megahouse. And yes, Yukiko bombing is the reason the rest of those were exclusives.

You're thinking of Megahouse. And yes, Yukiko bombing is the reason the rest of those were exclusives.
Oh yeah it was Megahouse lol, but think it was kind of obvious Persona figures don't sell so well, some were kind of lucky to get reissues, Izanagi and such but yeah it probably factored into the high price =/

Hope someone will take the chance of Persona 5 and it sells well.

Oh a separate note I hope someone makes a Korra statue before Nick effectively wipes the series off the Earth ;__;

kewlmyc

Doesn't help that Yukiko and Rise's quality were awful. Their Chie was fantastic, but due to the Yukiko and Rise being ass, they made their best Persona figure (excluding Izanagi) exclusive.

Oh yeah it was Megahouse lol, but think it was kind of obvious Persona figures don't sell so well, some were kind of lucky to get reissues, Izanagi and such but yeah it probably factored into the high price =/

Hope someone will take the chance of Persona 5 and it sells well.

Oh a separate note I hope someone makes a Korra statue before Nick effectively wipes the series off the Earth ;__;

Persona figures sell just fine, it's just the quality of the Megahouse figures weren't the best.

Persona figures sell just fine, it's just the quality of the Megahouse figures weren't the best.
Really hope GSC or Kotobukiya will make the Persona 5 figures...but seems Vertex is the only one doing new Persona scale figures...
A 1/8 scale figure for the price of a 1/4? Why would you do that, Alter?

Think it's like the added problem of the figure being based on a spin off, so basically a niche of a niche =/

kewlmyc

Think it's like the added problem of the figure being based on a spin off, so basically a niche of a niche =/

That or her detailed robotic parts and her detailed axe drove up the price, which I can believe.

I forgot Ques Q was making a Labrys, I'll keep my eye on that one.

Ques Q is still making Persona figures as well (assuming their Labrys and Unit #024 figures aren't dead and buried).
Haha if Labrys wasn't a robot girl no one would've made a figure of her tbph XD
That or her detailed robotic parts and her detailed axe drove up the price, which I can believe.

I forgot Ques Q was making a Labrys, I'll keep my eye on that one.
Probably but still the price is incredible compared to other Alter figures lol, you decided to get it yet =P?

kewlmyc

Probably but still the price is incredible compared to other Alter figures lol, you decided to get it yet =P?

Fuck no. I thought about it for about 3 minutes and decided it was stupid considering I'm not a hugest fan of the character so it's not worth the price whatsoever. This isn't Akuma Homura we're talking about here, whose the same price but has much more going on with her sculpt, plus she's exclusive.

Fuck no. I thought about it for about 3 minutes and decided it was stupid considering I'm not a hugest fan of the character so it's not worth the price whatsoever. This isn't Akuma Homura we're talking about here, whose the same price but has much more going on with her sculpt, plus she's exclusive.
Lol yeah I didn't like Labrys as well but then again Arena didn't grab me as well.
ya know, for the $35 I paid for it, I quite like the megahouse yukiko

if I woulda paid the release price of what 7000 for it, probably not
Never realised when lol, but wonder if I said it before? But woo you'll a full member instead of a junior now lol

george_us

Man, I hope not. I really want her, but death month, man.
If she doesn't ship then all I'd have is Nendo Link for the month. Nice change of pace lol.

I think I paid way too much for Momohime and got caught up in a "OMG RARE FIGURE MUST BUY!" fever. She doesn't 'wow' me like, say, Max Factory Samurai. Might end up selling her this weekend or something. Or I may just wait until her going price gets up to, like, $200 lol.

FrostyCollects

Neo Member
What's this, FigureGAF? Whining about the prices for Labrys and Chamber? You telling me you're not hardcore? Ha!

*preorders both Labrys and Chamber*

I think it's time to create a HardcoreFigureGAF thread... >_>

Ok, I'm BSing here... Yeah, those prices are a bit tough to swallow. Even though I'm a huge Persona fan, my heart belongs only to Mitsuru so I'm just after her figures. Hoping they'll make a Nendo and a GSC 1/8 for her someday...

RMI

Banned
Gah, I meant two years ago. Apparently it didn't load correctly. Mah bad. But yeah, it makes my point less impactful.

I only started collecting about 18 months ago. I'm happy the yen is weak right now but it'll have to get real, real weak for 15k to be anything other than crazy. The most I've paid for a figure was about 14k shipped and it was a hell of a whole lot nicer than this one.

I may or may not have just ordered Himeji Castle.

Paging Freeza

Yes. Join the castle girl revolution.

I thought you were all cutting back and stuff.

I am. I don't order anything without looking ahead to see what's already listed for a given month. And I'm not putting more than two figures in any one month.

I have FREEing's Rachel Alucard. It's pretty nice, so I won't knock you for getting the Kokonoe.

And even better, she's not anywhere near as pricey as Labrys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom