• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT2| NSFWallet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caladrius

Loaded question. There is no such possibility

I have a simple equation for such a question.

n + 1 = r

n = number of nendos owned
r = required number to ruin your life

Nendos only give love and joy.

Nendos only provide love and peace. Love! Love!

Oh wait I forgot

Everyone has already been claimed

including me (✖╭╮✖)

This reminds me I still want to get a Monomi nendo. :|

I wish I could have been around to get the Monokuma and Naegi ones.

I think I would only take a Monomi one if they had the Usami version along with it.

Someone check MFC and read the comments I wanna see some quotes justifying their purchases =P

Kill me.

Also, I can't find her on MFC. Are they not making a page for her because she's so, uh...yeah?

It's weird. Loli has been around for years and years, but it's only been fairly recently that people have become really hostile about it.

As for the figure, OMG, how is this even a thing? How is it selling so well? Labrys was overtaken by a loli. OMG.

.....And why didn't Ami censor the nips in those pics?

FIGURE-008716.jpg

OMG, Moe-fang. HHNNNNGGGG

I don't know the company, but this is fucking rad. Kinda tempted.... 1/6 and all that.

Einbroch

Banned
Has it been a recent thing? I thought it was always kinda a touchy subject. I just started doing this like eight months ago, so I'm naive to the topic.

Not opening my Halloween Miku is eating me alive. I just need to shove her in a box and forget about her.

Has it been a recent thing? I thought it was always kinda a touchy subject. I just started doing this like eight months ago, so I'm naive to the topic.

I don't know. Granted, I haven't frequented hentai forums in years. I've known people who were into it, and I've known people who lived it, to a disturbing extent. But back in the day, people, at least in the H-community were pretty chill about it. But it was only a few weeks ago that even Hentai Foundry banned loli content from their artists.

Oh my god that Armaroid Lady.

I know, right!? 1/6 scale. I don't know who dunk is, but she's soft vinyl (?) and 16.5cm tall. Considering it, even though she's a December release.

Given the fuss over the cost of Alter Labrys, now I'm wondering how horrifying the tag on their Mu-12 is going to be. I may well buy Mu anyhow, given how elaborate the base is, it'd be silly not to expect a pricey figure anyway.

Wow, you're right. lol. I didn't even know their rankings were separate to begin with.

Similar to how people justified their purchases in the Amiibo thread, I could imagine. "It's my place, I can put in it what I want." :p
Maybe with that C.S. Lewis quote plastered on the end.
Well it's true that it's their money so they can spend it how they want tbf. But as I was curious to the response in MFC, I see most are calling it cute and why they are buying it. But yeah, their money.
Amiibo thread covering figures: "nerds, you can't display those, how shameful, you're adults"
FigureGAF covering figures: "it's our money, be proud, don't be insecure, accept other hobbies"
FigureGAF covering erotic figures: "ew, shame on you, who would buy that, you're perverts"

Check your self-awareness at the door.
Peeps can buy whatever they want, never said they shouldn't display it because we don't like it, hell everyone have different tastes. I just wanted see why they wanted it and they basically say it's cute and they like the sculpt. Like you said it's their money to be spent, but you can't argue the figure is sculpted to be suggestive and possibly based on an under-age character (I don't know) and will raise comments and questions due to these factors.

It's weird. Loli has been around for years and years, but it's only been fairly recently that people have become really hostile about it.

As for the figure, OMG, how is this even a thing? How is it selling so well? Labrys was overtaken by a loli. OMG.

.....And why didn't Ami censor the nips in those pics?
Japan's really weird in their censorship =S, and I guess cause it's "cute and a good sculpt" and doesn't cost crazy... -__-; kind of want Labrys to bomb so she'll get cheaper lol but I don't care for her that much XD

Hate how almost all Valkyria Chronicles stuff (i.e. figures not based on the Valkyrian) are just GKs =/

kewlmyc

I know, right!? 1/6 scale. I don't know who dunk is, but she's soft vinyl (?) and 16.5cm tall. Considering it, even though she's a December release.

Given the fuss over the cost of Alter Labrys, now I'm wondering how horrifying the tag on their Mu-12 is going to be. I may well buy Mu anyhow, given how elaborate the base is, it'd be silly not to expect a pricey figure anyway.

I'm going to estimate around 20k yen.

Japan's really weird in their censorship =S, and I guess cause it's "cute and a good sculpt" and doesn't cost crazy... -__-;

I thought their laws were getting more strict as of late, though. I know years ago the excuse was "because cartoons lolololol", but now they seem to be clamping down.

I'm going to estimate around 20k yen.

You think she'll be that much? It seems a bit high. But then, asking 16k for a 1/8 and a probably vanilla base... yeah, I can see it. Mu can be my Akuma Homura.

kewlmyc

You think she'll be that much? It seems a bit high. But then, asking 16k for a 1/8 and a probably vanilla base... yeah, I can see it. Mu can be my Akuma Homura.
The base is amazing. Depending on how detailed the coloring/sculpt is, I could see this going for 20k yen or so.

The base is amazing. Depending on how detailed the coloring/sculpt is, I could see this going for 20k yen or so.

She looks fantastic w/o the base, but add that in and man. Those blades stuck into the base - Alter really nailed this one. As long as she's cheaper than Benten, I'll buy her.

So negative. Go find me some more info about Dunk so I can decide whether or not to buy that Lady Armaroid.

Offtopic but Junji Ito x Pokémon =O

Reads up on the Pokémon (Banette):
Being driven to life by a powerful grudge, it keeps its life force safely in its body by the means of its zipped up mouth. If unzipped, it would lose its energy. It lays curses on others by using its body as a voodoo doll and sticking pins into itself. It lives in garbage dumps and dark alleys, where it searches for the person that threw it away before it became a
I hope Pokémon Company let's Ito go dark but doubt it XD

I thought their laws were getting more strict as of late, though. I know years ago the excuse was "because cartoons lolololol", but now they seem to be clamping down.
Yeah heard they were gonna be more strict but no idea what they've done =S

Bombless

Yeah Lady seems fine, her features are rather easy to replicate being plain and all. Cobra on the other hand seems downright evil/diabolic here, nothing like the character.

Yeah Lady seems fine, her features are rather easy to replicate being plain and all. Cobra on the other hand seems downright evil/diabolic here, nothing like the character.

At the same time, I don't really wanna add another 10k to December. As it is, I'm probably going to cancel the Aoba reissue, leaving Jubilee bishoujo, Kotobukiya Sinon, and Prison School Hana for December. Samurai recolor, too, but she's already paid for. Nanami is getting delayed 1000%, so she doesn't count for December.

chrono01

In regards to that Tae Kokuten figure:

I love the look of her face...but everything below that is an absolute, definite NO from me. I enjoy Orchid Seed and their works, and they're free to make whatever they want, but I'm not supposed to like it. While people are free to purchase whatever they like [within reason], this is one of those figures that makes me raise my eyebrow and question the reasoning behind it. As I said, the face is cute, and if she were clothed at all [and maybe in a less "lewd" pose], I could see people wanting it. But as it is? That's just...well, I won't go there.

It's weird. This is something I'd imagine Giga Pulse would release, not Orchid Seed.

meijiko

Sorry chrono. :( I love Range Murata's art to death, and it's a beautiful figure, but there are too few clothes on her for my taste.

chrono01

Sorry chrono. :( I love Range Murata's art to death, and it's a beautiful figure, but there are too few clothes on her for my taste.
Haha, it's no worries.

Perhaps I was a bit naïve to think "everyone" would like her. I can understand people's criticism for her [if you're not into swimsuit figures, as yourself and Bombless said], but I personally can't wait to receive her.

Yeah, I'm pretty excited.

Poor Chrono :(

Alter craftsmanship is great but to me it's just a figure in underwear. The base and chair are nice though!
It's all good. No hard feeling either way. :)

Waiting for Ami to get Asuka in as well so they can ship these two NOOOOOOW.
Finally, we have a like-minded individual.

Edit: Oh, I received my Halloween Hatsune Miku Nendoroid today. She's adorable.

meijiko

Some previews of what I'm working on...

I mostly just wanted to gather all my vaguely Halloween-related items, to see what all I was working with. I'm intending to have lots of decorative risers and such by the end of it, since it obviously doesn't look too great with everything on the same level. Going to work on it more this weekend/next week, hopefully to have it ready for Halloween week.

I also unboxed Metallica and stuck her up there (she's just outside the wide pic).

I really like how she turned out. I don't even mind the clear support they added. The one fatal flaw for me, though, is that her hat isn't magnetized. I have a lot of witches, and even some of the older ones like Noumi have magnetized hats. Metallica doesn't. There's no excuse for it. There are hair grooves in the hat to help it sit right, but the barest tap will send the hat to the floor. I'm probably going to have to use some sort of putty to make sure the thing stays on.

The one fatal flaw for me, though, is that her hat isn't magnetized. I have a lot of witches, and even some of the older ones like Noumi have magnetized hats. Metallica doesn't. There's no excuse for it. There are hair grooves in the hat to help it sit right, but the barest tap will send the hat to the floor. I'm probably going to have to use some sort of putty to make sure the thing stays on.

OrchidSeed's Princess Bitch could have definitely used some magnets. That crown of hers flies right off her head if you look at it too hard.

Bombless

Meijiko with another killer shelf.

Also ditto about Princess Bitch. That crown tends to have a will of it's own, always abandoning her mistress in search of another. It's safer to have it rest on the royal backside. Wider surface, less prone to falling off.

Edit : I just noticed Luigi in the middle hah! Poor guy, all those upskirts, he can't handle it.

chrono01

Thanks for the impressions on Swamp Witch, meijiko.

I did read about the hat issue on MFC< which is definitely disappointing. It doesn't necessarily take way from her beauty, but just knowing how fragile the thing is sitting on top, it would make me nervous. :/

Your idea to get a bit of putty and secure it there is probably a good one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom