• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT2| NSFWallet

Status
Not open for further replies.

meijiko

It started with the CCS blu-ray release. With that, figure manufacturers deemed it worth exploiting.

Not quite. The original Japanese blu-rays were released first in 2009, then rereleased for cheaper sometime around 2012, before we got them in the west this year.

My not-so-educated guess is that the license for merchandise became available/cheaper, and it's the ripe number of years for a nostalgia bomb. Those who watched the series originally when they were 9-13 would be well into their 20s now, with plenty of disposable income.

I also think there could possibly be a reboot in the talks. But I've had my fear of that for a while now, and it's not really founded on much.

Ryuuroden

I thought their laws were getting more strict as of late, though. I know years ago the excuse was "because cartoons lolololol", but now they seem to be clamping down.

You think she'll be that much? It seems a bit high. But then, asking 16k for a 1/8 and a probably vanilla base... yeah, I can see it. Mu can be my Akuma Homura.

I say she will be 23k

EDIT: Oh yeah Chrono, sorry but Muse is not for me either. Shes pretty but I couldn't display her, she looks too young, plus while I do a lot of revealing clothing, I don't do swimsuits, its too obvious.

johnsmith

remember me
The only Muse that matters. The queen.

XhIpEe4.jpg

There's no way in hell she's coming out in 3 months when preorders haven't even gone up.

Didn't we say that about PLUM's new God Eater 2 ladies back in May? "No way they're making that date. That's only two months away and pre-orders haven't even gone up yet." But it happened.

javac

Took Red out of the shipping box and had a look at him through the window, I really don't care for Nendoroids I guess :/ I'm always disappointed with the way they look in hand. Unrelated but I also cancelled by Satsuki Nendoroid. Cancelled quite a few figures in the last few months, didn't think I would be able to pull it off but I did. You'd be surprised at what you'd ditch when push comes to shove!

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes
Took Red out of the shipping box and had a look at him through the window, I really don't care for Nendoroids I guess :/ I'm always disappointed with the way they look in hand. Unrelated but I also cancelled by Satsuki Nendoroid. Cancelled quite a few figures in the last few months, didn't think I would be able to pull it off but I did. You'd be surprised at what you'd ditch when push comes to shove!

Yeah Nendo's don't do it for me either, never have, but my wife...

Well....

A couple of weeks ago we were looking at Attack on Titan (she only watches Anime so she's just newly into it) collectables, as she seemed keen on the idea of picking up a few figures, and I'm always looking for an excuse to spend more money on shit I don't need, we ran across the Colossal Titan Nendo and she thought it looked neat but it would have £50 with shipping and we passed.

I found it pre-owned A+/A on amiami for around £25 shipped, I felt it was as good a deal as I was gonna see and bought it for her as a surprise, with the intent to buy her the Estele Bright one down the road.

She told me it was a waste of money, that she only thought it was neat flippantly, and that she wouldn't of cared for the Estele Bright one either.

She's got a set of Alter Vesperia figures, Luke from Abyss, Milla from Xillia, and various Final Fantasy stuffs, stuffed animals, etc. so it's not like she doesn't like or collect stuff, but man after 12 years of marriage I still don't "get her" when it comes to buying things.

Anyway reasons for the story is to set up these pictures, I have made use of the nendo, combined with the recent wrong truetype body I bought:

Assassin in Titian:

Attack on Terminator:

Also Ubolted one of my detolfs to get my 1/4th scale stuff (and hulk) behind glass, took forever to get the four bolts at the right height but it was worth it:

Next up lighting it...

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Great use of a Nendoroid head.

Hmm.

I wonder if it'll be a good idea to carve eyesockets and install glass eyes.

Settin

Orchid Seed be like:
Mammon is delayed, no news on chocolate Alleyne, sorceress is still unpainted.
Lewd loli is right on time. Q_Q

to be fair... that loli's sculpt was posted yearsssss ago. Its one of their oldest sculpted figures lol.

I think its as old as the bike one they have sculpted. Definitely older than stocking and mammon combined

edit
nvm its 1-2 years old according to MFC from sculpt lol

Ryuuroden

You shouldn't get nendos in the first place! :p

kunonabi

Well my weekend is shot to hell. Halloween Miku came by early this morning while I was out so now I have to wait until Monday.

chrono01

She looks good but... like the hair/pose/gloves no knowledge of source material (I know I say that usually doesn't stop me but still). I don't have anything from phat, are they usually pretty good?
I own a few figures from Phat Company [Caster, Senran Kagura girls, Bayonetta, among others], and they're absolutely above average. Maybe not at Alter/Max Factory/etc. levels, but definitely not bad.

Got my pre-owned Kotobukiya Misato in the mail today from Terraformer. Box was bashed to shit, but everything inside was fine. I'm so glad to finally have her, she's great. Which one of you also bought her? Was it javac?

Have you noticed that she's a smidge heavy on one side so she has a bit of a tendency to tip over if not on a stable location?

javac

Give it a few months and you'll probably be able to sell him and make bank.

I don't know why but I get the feeling that this Nendoroid is going to come to the west down the line, seems like a big hit but I guess demand for figures has proven fruitless in the past so who knows!

Yeah Nendo's don't do it for me either, never have, but my wife....

Haha that's pretty cool! I love it when people mix Nendoroid heads, they looks funny :p I also kind of find the idea that you bought her it because you thought she liked it and then her not really wanting it and being upfront about it kind of cute too :p It happens I guess :)

You shouldn't get nendos in the first place! :p

Sometimes certain characters have slim pickings and you do with what you have I guess :p

In other news, I just sold by Panty Alter figure and my Magical Nia figure. Nia was sealed and Panty was opened but brand new condition. Sold them for a total of around $155 including delivery.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom