• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT2| NSFWallet

Status
Not open for further replies.

omlet

Alisha from Tales of Zestiria, but the game's not out until next year. What will you doooo?

I guess I will be conflicted, see what the price is, look at the pics some more, and see if anyone can talk me into it after initial "oh that's neat" impulse has died down.

(I haven't played a Tales game since Vesperia.)

kewlmyc

I guess I will be conflicted, see what the price is, look at the pics some more, and see if anyone can talk me into it after initial "oh that's neat" impulse has died down.

(I haven't played a Tales game since Vesperia.)

List price is 10k, so it's probably be around 8500 yen on most sites.

RMI

Banned
It's bad that my first thought at seeing a <10k price is "oh, that's not bad," isn't it?

RIP 5k scale days.

I wasn't around for the 5k scale days. I think the fear that something is going to be more than 10k makes all prices less than that a relief. Figures are still crazy expensive.

Arclaid

I wasn't around for the 5k scale days. I think the fear that something is going to be more than 10k makes all prices less than that a relief. Figures are still crazy expensive.

I was around for the 3.5-4k days, but that was when I first started figure collecting and only bought 1 figure a year. Of course I wasn't importing back then either.

I paid 1980 JPY for a 0.5 kg package and 2340 JPY for a 0.7 kg package in total with that 500 JPY charge with registered airmail when I ordered stuff.

Edit: They have a overview here of shipping prices:
http://biginjap.com/en/content/1-delivery
Damn I wish one of these brahs on the market place shipped direct. It costs me 11 dollars for DHL to ship 78 volumes of Major that will be here in three days. 107 volumes of Ippo on BiJ is gonna be a fortune.

Damn I wish one of these brahs on the market place shipped direct. It costs me 11 dollars for DHL to ship 78 volumes of Major that will be here in three days. 107 volumes of Ippo on BiJ is gonna be a fortune.

You buying manga? That's gonna be heavy. Maybe check some other service and see if they can ship as printed matter :p

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Sylvania Families stuff is useful - http://www.1999.co.jp/blog/1410212

20141021_sylvania10.jpg
20141021_sylvania11.jpg

FYI this may be cutting it late but GSC has a competition for the Miku fans
TPB can probably win this =P
, You have from NOW until the 24th of October 2014 at 12:01 AM PST to enter!
Miku-contest-small.jpg

It’s that time of the year again! CONTEST GIVEAWAY TIME! I love doing these contests and we’ll be doing a lot more of them from here on out!! To start we’re giving away one Nendoroid Halloween Miku away to one lucky person!

She sure did sell out fast on our Online Shop and while we will be selling her at Miku Expo LA, Miku Expo NYC and New York Comic Con 2014, we’re giving one person a lucky chance to win theirs! All you have to do it take a simple photo! That’s it!

Take a photo with your or a friend’s Nendoroid, figma, Scaled Figure of Miku by either Good Smile Company, Max Factory or Freeing along with a handwritten note with your name on it telling us why you love Miku! It has to be a Miku figure made by us. Sorry no figures made by anyone else. Here are some examples below!
IMG_20141004_151423.jpg

IMG_20141004_151610.jpg

The quality of the photo will not determine a winner, however we need to be able to read your note! So take your photos in a well lit room with legible handwriting! The winner will be selected randomly, contest ends on the 24th of October 2014 at 12:01 AM PST We’ll announce the winner the same day. There is no purchase necessary, and this contest is open worldwide.

How to Enter! You have from NOW until the 24th of October 2014 at 12:01 AM PST to enter!

It’s simple, you have three ways of entering our contest! Entering you photos in all three ways is highly encouraged but not necessary.

1.) Like our Facebook Page www.facebook.com/goodsmileenglish and submit the photo to our wall. It’s simple, just head to the page and click Photo/Video. Upload it with the tag #GSCHalloweenMiku

2.) Follow me on Twitter! Twitter.com/gsc_mamitan and tweet the photo to me with the hashtag #GSCHalloweenMiku

3.) Follow the Good Smile Company US Tumblr GoodSmileCompanyUS.tumblr.com and submit the photo to our tumblr wall.
——–

RULES

-The photo must be your own

-Do not use non-GSC related figures. To be sure which figures are alright to use, if it’s listed on our site, you can use it. GoodSmile.com If you have any questions, feel free to message me on any of the platforms used for submitting your photos.

-You may submit as many entries as you like.

-During the contest period I (Mamitan) will be sharing posts on all the forms of the contest, if you photo is not shared do not fret you are still in the running for the contest. As well if your photo is shared it does not mean a guaranteed win.

-No purchase is necessary

-The contest is open to a worldwide audience!

-Have Fun!

I look forward to everyone’s entries!

-Mamitan <3
http://mamitan.goodsmile.info/2014/10/nendoroid-hatsune-miku-halloween-ver-contest/

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Well, guess I can't enter since I don't own any Miku figures yet (and only really want/like the special ones :x)

Also, her hair is a shade of aquamarine, but definitely not just green :/

Einbroch

Banned
Well, guess I can't enter since I don't own any Miku figures yet (and only really want/like the special ones :x)

Also, her hair is a shade of aquamarine, but definitely not just green :/

And pink. And white. And blue. In fact I think the green color is the ugliest color.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Halloween Miku arrived~

Light scratch on her hair is distracting me. And I dislike EMS for valuing 4200 yen as 42 euros, plus their customs charges are higher than regular post.

RMI

Banned
And I dislike EMS for valuing 4200 yen as 42 euros, plus their customs charges are higher than regular post.
Wut? That shit ain't right. Are you sure it's not your bank or credit card just giving you a real shitty exchange rate?

Shipping should be part of the sale total right? This doesn't make sense.

Bombless

And I dislike EMS for valuing 4200 yen as 42 euros, plus their customs charges are higher than regular post

I'm not sure I understand this phrase. The value on the package isn't written by EMS, it's written by the store, and the value of the package does not (or at least should not) include the shipping. As for customs charges, in Belgium the type of shipping does not matter, the fees are per value of the box.

Which country are you in?

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
I'm not sure I understand this phrase. The value on the package isn't written by EMS, it's written by the store, and the value of the package does not (or at least should not) include the shipping. As for customs charges, in Belgium the type of shipping does not matter, the fees are per value of the box.

Which country are you in?

Netherlands.

The declaration form filled in by the store says 4200 yen. The customs charges form specifying the cost breakdown has the value written down as 42 euros. Someone was being very lazy with their conversion.

Tax &#8364;8,82, customs handling fees ("Inklaringskosten") &#8364;17,50 (via EMS; non-EMS costs &#8364;13).

I'd complain, but ultimately I might only get a refund of &#8364;2.37 at best. It's just that I'd rather not choose EMS if I can help it because it's only a little bit faster, costs noticeably more than SAL, I always get hit by customs fees, etc etc.

Bombless

Netherlands.

The declaration form filled in by the store says 4200 yen. The customs charges form specifying the cost breakdown has the value written down as 42 euros. Someone was being very lazy with their conversion.

Tax €8,82, customs handling fees ("Inklaringskosten") €17,50 (via EMS; non-EMS costs €13).

Ouch. I would dispute the exchange rate tbh.

So I'm working my way through an anime from earlier this year called Noragami and holy shit I wish this were more popular than it is. It's probably about as popular as it deserves to be, but I really love the character designs.

I want figures of everyone. But mostly Bishamon.

I think Yato and Hiyori are getting figures from Megahouse, but those two aren't high on my list. Probably get the Yato for my growing Hiroshi Kamiya collection, though.

I watched Noragami while it was airing and I really enjoyed it. Glad to hear you are as well! Would love for it to eventually get a second season, but I'm not sure if that was planned at all. I was tempted to buy the Yato figure when the prototype was first shown, but I don't think my wallet would forgive me if I decided to fill the gaps of my own Hiroshi Kamiya collection. haha

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
I would love some Eva Nendos but... I'm just not digging the racing outfits :( I'd be all over them if they were plugsuits.

omlet

Just me or is watch list on amiami borked? Keeps asking me to log in again after I already did.

hnnng thigh high greaves? Nice looking fig but I have no attachment to tales.

No need to let that stop you. I have lots of figures from sources I have no attachment to :D

kewlmyc

Ordered Alisha, eagerly awaiting Sorey to go up as well tonight.

Also, a while back, you guys recommended I play Fire Emblem Awakening. Thanks! This game is freaking awesome!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom