• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT2| NSFWallet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meyneth

544A798E4F4177000C

another Amakuni figure

she is apparently Nijino Yurika from Rokujouma no Shinryakusha!?

edit: The Elin figure by Flare is coming out on April. Price is
14k before tax

Is Elin fig pictures allowed or should I just link those?
They look soo cooollll...

But I must be strong! DD Sheryl is next month... ;_;

I think she'll be relatively okay in a cabinet. This fall was only so bad because I had her on the corner of a high shelf--not a place I usually keep figures, but I was putting her out for Halloween.

Here's a pic of the damage: [INSERT PICTURES OF FIGURE GORE HERE]

Oh man, my heart goes out to you. Nothing is worse than that moment a figure falls and breaks! I've had a small number of my plastic army fall victim to gravity, usually due to:

- horrible base design
- leaning
- a combination of the above two
- the cat

At least it looks like Metallica can be mostly salvaged. Here's hoping the repair work goes well, she's a great looking figure overall.

Ryuuroden

RIP Metallica. The whole thing just randomly fell off the shelf. Both her legs (what support her) are broken. Her hat got scuffed from what looked like every color of paint on her body. The black thing she's standing on separated from her base.

I really don't know what happened. I was sitting on the couch and she just fell right in front of me. Nothing shook the shelf. Best I can tell, the hat fell off on its own, and managed to knock the whole thing over off of the 6ft shelf.

Sigh. Guess I'll try to repair her, but it worries me that so many supports will be relying on superglue.

nuuuuuuuu, poor meijiko :(

Bombless

Damn Meijiko, a fallen + broken figure is the worst :( Hopefully she'll be fine with the repairs.

I just came out of a 12 hours Bayonetta 2 marathon...so much figures material in there. Shame the game tanked in Japan. Hopefully the worldwide sales persuade some of the main actors to jump on that.

omlet

I would prefer a lancer or berserker elin in actual armor but this slayer elin is probably the best elin figure yet. Tempting...

FrostyCollects

Neo Member
Status now says "In-stock" for this...

MED-BOOK-002166.jpg

More for me to get excited about when the too-big October package arrives early next month!

Uhm, FigureGAF...have any of you ever (pre)ordered too many items from AmiAmi and end up having to deal with two packages instead of one...thus being forced to pay a bit more for shipping? No idea how big their biggest shipping box is.

Uhm, FigureGAF...have any of you ever (pre)ordered too many items from AmiAmi and end up having to deal with two packages instead of one...thus being forced to pay a bit more for shipping? No idea how big their biggest shipping box is.

I'm pretty sure I've gotten their biggest shipping box once or twice. It was so big I almost fell in after I unpacked it and was trying to pull all the packing paper out. XD

yami4ct

Holy shit!

US Tamashii Web Shop!

Assuming they actually keep up to date with the selection of the JP shop, this is huge. So excited. Now Bandai needs to open a Gundam Part store and bring their Premium shop over and I'll be in love with them forever.

best one. i might get t too. so expensive....

At least she's big. 275mm.

The price will be easier to swallow after discounts. 14k list isn't so bad next to some of the prices Max Factory and GSC have been spitting out. The thing I'm curious about is her base. It's so tiny and seems not-at-all stable enough. Unless the transparent circle piece is part of the package as well.

As Elin's go, she gorgeous. And not in a bathing suit. :O

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
There's a heck of lot of detail in that Elin figure though. I was waiting for a fox-eared Archer since that's what my character was, but I dunno if I can resist.

Satsuki has shipped out from Amazon Japan. I was getting a bit nervous for a delay as she was part of a bigger order yet everything else shipped, but nope - she's on her way.

c4463d935ca279317bd8e3f7f7af8570.jpg

javac

Why would you do such a thing? Poor Momo. Last I heard, aftermarket price was creeping around 15k or so.

I need the money and I think she's a decent figure...but I'm not too bothered about her. She looks nice enough and goes for a decent amount but I bet I'll be able to pick her up again down the road for a decent price anyways since I'm good at getting deals and playing the long game . I could sell my Red Nendo...but it seems really rare (?) but there's always a chance it'll get localized and lose its value so...hard to decide I guess so Momohime has to go.

Crappy iPad photo cos I'm feeling lazy, but my KILL la KILL care package from Amazon Japan arrived safe and sound:

ibkVUjsYXFL9vU.jpg

I had to pay the customs duty upfront, but tbh I think I'm more likely to use Amazon now instead of GSC, Ami, etc. as it means once stuff arrives into the country, it isn't held to ransom by stupid customs.

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes
So I just ordered two complete sets of the Nintendo Amiibo line today (one to use and one to display) at $17 AUD a pop.

Total came to $612 AUD.

jMMvM93.gif

Hot damn, that's dedication...

I think she'll be relatively okay in a cabinet. This fall was only so bad because I had her on the corner of a high shelf--not a place I usually keep figures, but I was putting her out for Halloween.

Her legs are really the only thing that broke, and I suppose the best consolation is that a repair wouldn't be all that visible. The black thing on the base will have to be resecured, but it's a clean seam break from what I can understand.

The beautiful abstract painting on the bottom of her hat. Surprisingly the top of it survived mostly unscathed.

Edit: I feel here is a good time to point out that those shallow grooves are the only support the hat has. There's no magnet, no peg, nothing. Just generally poor design.

My worst nightmare, but it looks Giolons got you sorted, follow those instructions and it'll be stronger then before.

Need to go to the post office tomorrow to pick up hallween miku. I hate EMS.

EMS hate club membership confirmed, your card is in the mail...

I got my TTM18 knock off body in the mail earlier in the week, but just got around to putting the Bond suit on it due to various felling of unwellness plaguing me this week:

Next step is waiting for a Walther PPK to arrive in the mail, and then the Connery sculpt to be released. Planning on making (or buying) a 1/6 bed, getting a Phicen seamless female body, painting it gold and having the golden girl from Goldfinger on display behind Bond.

For now though, I bring you Colossal 007:

Also " we have a Hulk":

A Hulk that's barely a shade of green, and while the biggest one yet, more poorly painted then I'd have liked, if it wasn't for my son screaming "HULK" and jumping up and down in the store I'd have left it on the shelf and waited to cherry pick a better one...

i don't get the appeal of christmas themed figures. they're too expensive to get them out for a few weeks. they're out of place for the rest of the year.

other than that, i get grandia 2 vibes of that deadly sin.

So does anyone have any other forwarding services other than BiginJapan? Still seeing if those brahs will get back to me. Think their shipping based on weight might be to expensive for me.

Bombless

Angle is different and the lighting is terrible in that second pic. Still, I wouldn't buy those online if the painting is as much an issue as with Infinity stuff.

javac

I'll use this to justify my choice to not buy Amiibo's...
even though I know that picture doesn't (shouldn't) represent how the Amiibo will look like.

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes
Here's a closer look at my DI Hulk versus a shot from the promo's:

Again if it wasn't for my son I'd have passed on him and hoped for better in another batch, but this was the best one of 13 Hulks on the shelf...

Right then will just preorder the Villager Amiibo and Kirby, they have the least amount of details, will buy the others, especially the detailed characters instore.

Also gonna say Happy Birthday to Snkfanatic on here as well, who has become a core pillar in Figure GAF =P, get your cake and eat it like this:
k5tbrP2.gif

Settin

i don't get the appeal of christmas themed figures. they're too expensive to get them out for a few weeks. they're out of place for the rest of the year.

other than that, i get grandia 2 vibes of that deadly sin.
That Satan is cast off. Just remove the santa outfit for the rest of the year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom