• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT2| NSFWallet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hagi

Crappy iPad photo cos I'm feeling lazy, but my KILL la KILL care package from Amazon Japan arrived safe and sound:

ibkVUjsYXFL9vU.jpg

I had to pay the customs duty upfront, but tbh I think I'm more likely to use Amazon now instead of GSC, Ami, etc. as it means once stuff arrives into the country, it isn't held to ransom by stupid customs.

Just want to say thanks to you i just bought the Ryuko Nendroid and Volume 5 of Space Dandy from Amazon JP. I had no idea you could buy figures from them now, i always thought it was just books and dvds they sold international. The fact they pay customs is great as well because UK customs love devouring peoples souls through their wallets.

Just want to say thanks to you i just bought the Ryuko Nendroid and Volume 5 of Space Dandy from Amazon JP. I had no idea you could buy figures from them now, i always thought it was just books and dvds they sold international. The fact they pay customs is great as well because UK customs love devouring peoples souls through their wallets.

You're more than welcome. It's not so much the customs charge that hurts for me, more the sub-par service from Parcelforce handling international deliveries so lazily yet putting their hand out and expecting a tip for doing a great job of doing not very much, not very fast. Add to the fact that they moan if you dare to come in once you spot on your tracker that the delivery is at the local depot ("We haven't signed it in yet, come back later/tomorrow"), and compare this to my experience at DHL this morning where I was able to collect the Amazon delivery within 30 minutes of it's arrival to the depot. On a Saturday. AND I WAS OFFERED A CUP OF COFFEE WHILE I WAITED!

Just to further ease your mind, the figma and nendo were well packaged with the other items (cellophane wrapped with double board underneath) in a slightly oversized box - I've never been steered wrong with Amazon Japan as their warehouse packers are exceptional compared to some of the nonsense that gets through at Amazon UK.

Ryuuroden

Might have to preorder this

image-elin7.jpg

image-elin8.jpg

very pretty, do not know the source, will probably get anyways. I tend to buy figures from sources I don't know then ones I do. Whenever I get to know a source my wants of figures that show up for it diminish. Probably because they usually are not the design I wanted after familiarizing myself with said source.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
very pretty, do not know the source, will probably get anyways. I tend to buy figures from sources I don't know then ones I do. Whenever I get to know a source my wants of figures that show up for it diminish. Probably because they usually are not the design I wanted after familiarizing myself with said source.

Elins are one of the races in the Korean MMORPG TERA:The Exiled Realm of Arborea. They have a child's body with animal ears and thick, tree-crushing, Chun-Li thighs.
The figure is not of a specific character since there's a pretty good character creator.

Castanics would make great figures. Here's one:

I'm Iliana in this pic:

It's a good thing the figuremakers have chosen to use the good Elin faces, because for such a pretty game, there are some really hideous face options for the Elins.

Busaiku

Kirby and Pikachu will be ok.
The rest will be atrocious.

This is what I initially though, but then I got swept up in they hype and ended up preordering the other stuff too.

Arclaid

Kirby and Pikachu will be ok.
The rest will be atrocious.

This is what I initially though, but then I got swept up in they hype and ended up preordering the other stuff too.

Villager as well probably. Any character that's less detailed will probably look fine.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Still. Bad paintjob is bad paintjob, regardless of the complexity of the design.

At least it won't be as bad as this infamous bootleg:

031ffe6d08a7d20dd5e946050e1e4a23.jpg

post-74843-1173984339_thumb.jpg

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
For $15 I don't expect miracles; but the paint job on Amiibos should at least be "clean" and not contain clumps, streaks, dust, or scratches. That Peach picture doesn't showcase acceptable quality (and for some reason her face looks very different somehow from the promo/proto pics).

Giolon

Some Valkyria Chronicles goodness.

Juliana & Selvaria in bikini (7800-8000 yen)

Selvaria (12k yen)

Raita Selvaria
WANT! But the price will be very high.

Keep in mind these are all CharaGumin GKs (as are their Alicia and Asara). The first three have been out for at least a year. That Selvaria was available for purchase the last time I went to Japan 2 years ago.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Keep in mind these are all CharaGumin GKs (as are their Alicia and Asara). The first three have been out for at least a year. That Selvaria was available for purchase the last time I went to Japan 2 years ago.

Someday I should try painting and assembling a garage kit.

omlet

The figure is not of a specific character since there's a pretty good character creator.
I checked but unfortunately all my older pics from gaf guild TERA era are all action pics, no good closeups or group shots like that one but here're a few shots of my main (lancer on right) and main alt (berserker on left).

Would be awesome to get a nice scale in plate armor like the styles pictured above (especially the Queen's Wrath style in the two left pictures) but I guess it's not lewd enough to sell figures. :( Some of the newer reaper-only outfits would make killer figures, too (I don't have any good screenshots to give examples, though).

It's a good thing the figuremakers have chosen to use the good Elin faces, because for such a pretty game, there are some really hideous face options for the Elins.
No kidding. You want want to see some true nightmare fuel go to TERA's elin character creator and hit random a few times lol. I've even seen max-level elins with faces so bad they must be on purpose. *shudder*

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
My fiance was looking over at this when I was browsing and she said that this figure was a wreck. Not because she's got giant gazongas, but because her top didn't fit her and it looked uncomfortable.

Sounds like someone's jealous! :)

Anyway, source inspiration for that figure:

The figure is closer to the game's style than Raita's designs.

omlet

nuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu why would you do thaaaaaaaaaaat

Quick, must cleanse mind with delicious reaper dresses! I just finished getting my reaper out of starter area after that last post so I could take some screenshots of a couple of their nice fancy class-specific costumes lol.

Scales when?

Settin

My fiance was looking over at this when I was browsing and she said that this figure was a wreck. Not because she's got giant gazongas, but because her top didn't fit her and it looked uncomfortable.
It's a physics problem. The strap around her neck is slack and she's already hanging halfway out the bottom of her bikini top. There's nothing preventing her breasts from just dropping out under the bikini top.

Hagi

You're more than welcome. It's not so much the customs charge that hurts for me, more the sub-par service from Parcelforce handling international deliveries so lazily yet putting their hand out and expecting a tip for doing a great job of doing not very much, not very fast. Add to the fact that they moan if you dare to come in once you spot on your tracker that the delivery is at the local depot ("We haven't signed it in yet, come back later/tomorrow"), and compare this to my experience at DHL this morning where I was able to collect the Amazon delivery within 30 minutes of it's arrival to the depot. On a Saturday. AND I WAS OFFERED A CUP OF COFFEE WHILE I WAITED!

Just to further ease your mind, the figma and nendo were well packaged with the other items (cellophane wrapped with double board underneath) in a slightly oversized box - I've never been steered wrong with Amazon Japan as their warehouse packers are exceptional compared to some of the nonsense that gets through at Amazon UK.

I dread a visit from a courier these days even if they don't mention customs I still end up getting a letter like three weeks later saying I owe x amount and if I don't pay they will knee cap me. Yeah UK Amazon is a mess when it comes to packing. I'm collecting Verticals release of Gundam The Origin and I'm quite surprised none of them have came damaged because of the shitty cardboard sleeves they use to cut down on wrapping.

I look forward to getting Ryuki around Thursday so she can sit with Luigi. I think I'm going to end up buying all the Kill la Kill me nendroids, slippery slope. I already have Snake and Ren preordered along with figma Guyver coming at the end of November.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom