• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT2| NSFWallet

Status
Not open for further replies.
B1upYwGCAAE1e7_.jpg

Can you handle that many Kirito straps?

Ultimadrago

RMI

Banned
opened up the rest of my GSC madoka girls and together they're all awesome. I couldn't believe how long Kyoko's spear is, it's awesome!

javac

I mean, I've seen a number of great figures of characters that don't get many releases, but rarely at so stupid high a price in the aftermarket.

Got it for 8k without the stand. Perfect condition, with box and paperwork etc. Good enough I guess :/

javac

If that meant not paying upwards of 40-60k, it sounds like a good deal to me!

I guess so. It was just an impulse thing, I was half asleep when I bought it lol. I knew what I was buying mind you. It's nice and big and heavy. She's just in her box in my closet tho...

yami4ct

More images of RD G-Self looking pretty stunning.

They've done a phenomenal job realizing that design in plastic. Just loving everything about this figure. It helps that I also adore the design, of course.

Also, as is not unusual for Bandai, they're doing an edition that will glow under a UV Lamp.

Super cool, but their UV Bases are always stupid expensive. The figures themselves also tend to be some sort of Web Shop/Convention exclusive. Put that with the fact that you have to actually run the light to make the display look awesome, and it's just not my thing. Also, it's the Space Pack version of the G-Self, which is inherently inferior. If it was the Reflector Pack, we might be able to talk.

FrostyCollects

Neo Member
Still not a fan of the face sculpt. Great body but her face is so not her...well, I'm biased since I grew up reading Byrne's Fantastic Four and Sensational She-Hulk runs. I just don't think the Bishoujo style works well for some characters.

I think the face looks a lot better than it did before. A large green woman is going to look a bit odd regardless because of the bishoujo style, but I like the overall look of her. She'll look great with the rest of the Marvel bishoujos.

Giolon

She Hulk is looking a little better, but I don't know how much it is from a sculpt change vs a change in lighting. That last photo looks pretty similar to the original shots. I do agree that the chipmunk cheeks seem to be less for whatever the reason.

Ordered!

FrostyCollects

Neo Member
I think the face looks a lot better than it did before. A large green woman is going to look a bit odd regardless because of the bishoujo style, but I like the overall look of her. She'll look great with the rest of the Marvel bishoujos.

Oh, it's definitely better than the original. Being big is a vital part of her character so it will be really odd to see her at average height next to other gals. :p

Just being picky, s'all.

johnsmith

remember me
As normal, I'll be getting She-Hulk from amazon for the free shipping, but I'll definitely be getting her. If i don't like her I'll just resell her in 2 years for a ridiculous amount.

george_us

I thought about selling mine since I bought the armored version, but I like the OG one, too.
Something about the original's face bugs me. When I first got her, I displayed her for about a week before boxing her.

Looking through my preorders right now and there are a couple of figures I should have waited to preorder. I jumped on MF Psychic because I was afraid she was gonna go for Samurai prices down the road, but it doesn't look like she's even close to selling out. Same with Phat! Satsuki. The johnsmith plan of figure collecting is looking more and more appealing every day.

yami4ct

Man, Bandai really wants me to start buying Robot Damashiis.

RD Xi and Penelope announced. Look amazing. Love those bulkier UC designs. Wonder if the transformations will remain in tact. Knowing how the RD line works, probably not, but one can dream. Prices on those are probably going to be insane :(.

Edit: Looks like the XI is the Ka Signature+some extra equipment. Knowing that, the prices will be stupid. May still shell out for Penelope some day.

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes
Looking much better, I don't think I'll have to display her from the back because of her face, though I still might because reasons...

Gonna order her from Nippon-Yassan, I used to just wait until they hit the UK, but on Sunday night I ordered Bishoujo Freddy for £55 from a UK seller, and Bishoujo Jason for £55 from NY.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom