• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT2| NSFWallet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elixir

Got it from AmiAmi (A/A) for 13,780 yen, 4,770 shipping, and €41.30 customs. Huuuuge box, much larger than her sister's because of her hair.

EMS only huh. Now I remember why I didn't buy it. I'll probably wait for another Rakuten free shipping campaign, it's how I got my Alter Mistral Nereis for 1119 yen EMS (Amiami's EMS was normally around 4800).

Geez what's your issue? I don't have to prove anything. I mean if I was lying about getting figures for certain prices that would be really pathetic on my behalf. I'm sure everyone can attest to the fact that when I say I bought a figure, I usually end up posting the post-mortem here, like the previous page where I posted my Misato, Rei, Asuka and Stocking figures I bought. I love taking pics of the stuff I buy, so you'll see my Momohime when she arrives.

I take a while getting my figures because I don't pay for the shipping straight away (they give me 30 days to pay for them) so I space them out. I mean, nobody else posts receipts so why should I? If I was lying about getting figures, I would be a massive freak and a weirdo. I don't chat shit, I state how much I paid and the reason I post them here is to share and also get feedback if the prices are good, because everyone here knows more than me when it comes to prices.

So while I won't post receipts and you'll have to take my word for it instead of trying to be the gaf detective, I will post this. I bet it still won't keep you happy and you'll want the link to the page and you'll probably insinuate that I photoshopped the numbers or something. I don't get it, and I'm not even mad at you, just upset. I can understand why tho, I guess some weirdo's exist out there who lie about buying stuff, but I post here on a regular basis with my pick-ups . Weather people believe I get them for the prices I do is up to ya'll really. If you think I'm making shit up, well that does fine by me. You legit upset me man. I'm not mad at you tho, but don't insinuate stuff like that.

I knew you were using Y!JP, but I couldn't find the Yoko listing the last time you posted. I was searching Y!JP's closed auctions and saw one opened Momohime sold for 10k, but dat***** didn't look like a proxy service. But it's not honestly 10k, it's 10k + a bunch of fees and shipping. I can generally tell when proxies are involved (Rinkya, SMJ, FJ, etc. all have similar handles they use when bidding) but Yahoo makes it difficult with their censoring.

Anyway, I caved in and ordered MF's Dark Elf (brown skin version) today, 9k unopened. I've been putting it off for a long time and it isn't getting any cheaper. Also I'm really tempted to get a second of GSC's Shinobu (if only to have it sit on my desk and collect dust).

People are buying the morrigan? With that face?

I guess we are really overdue for a morrigan figure.

Ha ha. Unfortunately I don't see it happening unless Capcom puts out a new Darkstalkers game (which they really need to). If they did, then I'm sure one of the big companies would step up and put out some new figures (dare I hope for a Lilith figure?).

javac

My two cents: I think the main reason is because you already know you got a good price on something, but still have this weird attitude in your post about how it's probably not a good deal. It's reminiscent of an odd stealth brag. Just brag instead. :)

And if you're able to get a deal, I'm sure many would appreciate a source because they'd like to get good deals on figures as well, right?

Hah yeah I get it. I'm not trying to be abrasive or shoot that poor poster down, I just felt upset at the notion of someone insinuating that I'm fabricating numbers on a figure that I bought. I guess people could take my posts are stealth brags, but what kind of brag is that really? I spent 10k on a figure, nothing I should be exactly shouting from the roof tops. I obviously do my homework on figures and such so I have a rough guess on if the price I paid is good, but I'm a person who has no...should I say faith in myself so when I say "Hey I bought something for X! Is that good?" I'm genuinely asking because I like being reaffirmed that yeah I didn't just get ripped off. I guess it gives me a bit of confidence in my buying ability.

I knew you were using Y!JP, but I couldn't find the Yoko listing the last time you posted. I was searching Y!JP's closed auctions and saw one opened Momohime sold for 10k, but dat***** didn't look like a proxy service. But it's not honestly 10k, it's 10k + a bunch of fees and shipping. I can generally tell when proxies are involved (Rinkya, SMJ, FJ, etc. all have similar handles they use when bidding) but Yahoo makes it difficult with their censoring.

You did your homework, not sure if I should be scared or impressed. Just messing with ya. In any case yeah I ended up paying such. Don't see how I lied, 10k is the amount I paid for the item, I mean even if I paid 500yen extra is that honestly dishonest of myself? Do you honestly feel I was trying to fool anyone, or make it out like I paid a lot less for it? If so, well I don't know what to say. If I paid 12k and said 10k then I'd understand. 2k is a lot. 500yen isn't. Thats standard handling fees you get on most site. I never have seen the commission to add much more on top, not enough to sway a purchase from good to ugly. Mandarake charge 500yen on top for handling feels on items under 5k too I think. Yeah I have to pay deliveries on top, that's always the case with every item on every store. Nippon Yasan, Amiami, Madarake, Jungle, eBay. I've purchased figures from all these sites and more. I've purchased loads of items using these services over the year and the deliveries all together end up around 2k. Is this dishonest of me? Was I trying to be deceitful or malicious? By not including the shipping costs? In my experience I never pay much more that any other site since I always go for the cheapest deliveries anyways. Did I end up not getting that good of a deal as I was making out to have got?

I bought an item on Jungle a while ago and the costs came to the following:
1 item total: Y4,200

5% handling charge: Y210
Shipping:Registered Small Packet Y1,790

Grand Total: Y6,200
Or from Amiami
RIO:bone - FLCL: Canti (Green) [Re-release]
Unit price 4,180 JPY x 1 unit(s) = 4,180 JPY

Subtotal: 4,180 JPY
Shipping: 1,180 JPY
Grand total: 5,360 JPY

I don't see this much more than what I get with proxies...but that's just me. In any case thanks for making me look like a bad guy for no reason? I paid 10k, around 500 yen more for handling fees and 1.5k or there abouts on top for delivery and 0 (Zero) import duty which actually means I saved paying 20%VAT and £8 (1400yen) handling fees. So yeah, I paid 10k for it, and including deliveries etc I ended up with a total of around 12.5k. Jeez louise.

So the question is, was I being deceitful? Was I lying? And are you happy? I'm actually upset. Legit upset. Thanks.

hmm next item I'm excited to get is....Lynette from Strike witches.

ALSO ALTER FINISH MAKING MATABEI, HANZO AND NAOE MASTER SAMURAI VERSION OKTHANKS

javac

Sorry for subjecting everyone to that and sorry If I offended anyone. I fear that was just the first of many episodes but I digress. Elixir's a cool poster, but has upset me. But enough of that, My Yugi arrived :)

bpAmNWq.jpg

LVtcrDd.jpg

cQNlLsB.jpg

XQtgyOe.jpg

er7nbvT.jpg

r5jJIqB.jpg

C4bBZJv.jpg
Really cool figure, looks badass in person :)

Arkadios

Well if we don't vote with our wallets they won't make more Morrigan figures right?

I haven't ordered her.

Please order her.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Well if we don't vote with our wallets they won't make more Morrigan figures right?

I haven't ordered her.

Please order her.

Unfortunately, with a character like Morrigan, I'm willing to make some mistakes. I'm going to be desperately hoping they make some fixes to the face before release, like chrono.

Usually I won't make those concessions. I like Cammy too, but I probably won't pick up the bishoujo because I think her legs are gross.

It's the new Attack on Titan RAH that I'm drooling over. Someone finally made an Annie figure. If those things weren't so expensive I'd be all over that.
No longer an exclusive? Someone page Lik!
It's a WonFes exclusive. Hope you have a free leg to sell.
Edit: Oh cancel that call XD, in fact thinking of Christa XD
I hate RAH because they look awesome but I can't afford them Y_T
Bu.but you've been buying left and right lately =P, or the customs will hurt too much?

Edit: Also wonfes better show of a painted version of the Lucina figure =(

javac

Bu.but you've been buying left and right lately =P, or the customs will hurt too much?

Man I don't even think about the customs, if I did I'd feel sick lol. I've been buying a lot but these RAH figures seem to be really expensive! They do drop a bit (you can find link going for 12k or thereabouts I think?) but it's still too much for me to swallow :/

dreamfall

Can anyone tell me when the Megahouse rendition of Dragon Crown's Amazon comes out? I missed the preorder on Ami, now wondering how to acquire it :/

Lurking about!

george_us

Can anyone tell me when the Megahouse rendition of Dragon Crown's Amazon comes out? I missed the preorder on Ami, now wondering how to acquire it :/

Lurking about!
She's currently scheduled for July but, with Megahouse Elf being delayed until July also, there's thinking that she could be delayed until August.

javac

So yeah I think Ryuko was pushed back. One store has her scheduled for July, which isn't anything definitive but I think it'd make sense at this point unless they want to ship her tomorrow.

So yeah I think Ryuko was pushed back. One store has her scheduled for July, which isn't anything definitive but I think it'd make sense at this point unless they want to ship her tomorrow.

I don't think there's been a single figure from Phat this year that hasn't seen a delay, so yeah, it makes sense. XD

kewlmyc

I don't think there's been a single figure from Phat this year that hasn't seen a delay, so yeah, it makes sense. XD

We should be finding out this coming Monday. But yeah, I see both her and Kyoko being delayed. My June went from being hell to being pretty much empty other than a tshirt and a keychain, while my July is hellish now.

Settin

In other news, I caved and bought bath time Sonico. Paid 19k for unopened, which is 10k above msrp. Oh, well. 19k for Sonico makes me happier than any other figure(s) I can get for that price right now.

LiK

In other news, I caved and bought bath time Sonico. Paid 19k for unopened, which is 10k above msrp. Oh, well. 19k for Sonico makes me happier than any other figure(s) I can get for that price right now.

need some pics. if it;s NSFW, link it, haha

Yay! I just bought this. It's nothing special, but I've wanted this since forever. I love this figure. One of my favourite Rei figures :D

Man, ya'll muthafuckas is shopping addicts, buying everything in sight.

darklin0

Banned
I just added another nendo to my order, I need help.
This is not the right place for help. It is like an AA meeting except it is nothing like one. I have given up my wallet to the Nendo overlords. I have too much of them ordered.
oh my god, with everyone ordering Morrigan despite knowing better, I think she really is a succubus.
I don't know why everyone is doing it. That face is so bad.
I need to get a nice hobby/tools storage case for Nendo parts.
That is cool, I think I have a box like that and I now know what to use it for.
New KLK RAH:

D9Mq2YB.jpg

HNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGG

I can't spend that much money!
Cure you RAH, curse your prices. T-T

I am not preodering.

I don't know why everyone is doing it. That face is so bad.

I know why they're doing it. When you want something for so long, you'll take it however you can get it. Even if this is going to be nowhere near the quality of the Max Factory Morrigan figure, the fact that it's a Morrigan figure at all makes it irresistible to some.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom