• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT2| NSFWallet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Might be cool to check out a Mandarake store in-person. I think the Nakano one has English speakers.

The Mandarake 'store' in Nakano isn't really a store as such. There's like 12 or so small shops that each have a different specialty. The one in Akihabara is a single building that's all Mandarake though.

But, yeah. Go to Nakano Broadway. There's all those Mandarake shops and lots of other figure shops all in 1 shopping center.

Ryuuroden

I honestly don't remember that. Though c'mon you guys, post something other than girls all the time?

No one talks about robots here though. Even though it would be awesome if they did. Not even any cool figures like Guts figma or something.

How do girls react when they see this mang?

Well, might as well come clear. I expected this place to have a variety of tastes in all the figures that are displayed, but it seems that the main interest here are waifus, lol. Mainly interested in mechas, movable figures like figmas and play arts kai.For example I like Vincent Valentine's Play Arts Kai figure, and I guess no one here has it?

Buuut, since you guys are experts in waifu figures, anyone has The World is Mine Miku figure? Always wanted to know how it is like since I missed ordering it. Also, is it worth getting Snow Miku 2013 nendoroid for 8.8K?

kinda wanted to reply to this a while back but didn't have a chance. I totally love robots but I do not know where to start as I know nothing about any of the companies that release them. I am a real quality fan and so I want to make sure anything I get doesn't look cheap. I guess my dream mechas would be a high quality preferably die-cast RX-O Unicorn, a Tachikoma, a few versions of the Gurren Lagann, and a Classic Gunbuster. Hell, its the tanks and the fantastic inside jokes about the particular tanks in Girls und Panzer that make up half the reason I love that show. It also has great characters and terrific american war movie homages and the fanservice if you compare it to any other show about girls could be considered to be virtually nil. It's one reason I will be very hard pressed to resist the Panzer IV tank for the figma's when and if it comes out. I will be forced to get figmas for the first time too. Especially if they release the Panzer IV ausf. F2 long-barreled version. I think I would of died and gone to heaven if the girls tank was a Panther Medium Tank which is the german tank that succeeded the Panzer IV. That tank was a badass and gave us all sorts of hell during WWII. If the Germans had it earlier in the war shiiiiiiit, don't want to think about it, but by the time they had it in full production they were in retreat on all fronts. So yeah, I love that shit, I just don't know where to start. I know there is a beautiful die cast RX-0 that was released a few years ago but last I checked its way pricey now. I would totally love it on my shelf :/

kinda wanted to reply to this a while back but didn't have a chance. I totally love robots but I do not know where to start as I know nothing about any of the companies that release them. I am a real quality fan and so I want to make sure anything I get doesn't look cheap. I guess my dream mechas would be a high quality preferably die-cast RX-O Unicorn, a Tachikoma, a few versions of the Gurren Lagann, and a Classic Gunbuster.

I dunno anything about robots either, but some of the die-cast pieces that go up on AmiAmi sometimes look amazing, despite the 15k+ price range.

javac

man people missed the boat with ultimate madoka. Once you finish madoka you'll understand the greatness in ultimate madoka figure.

AND SHE WAS ONLY 4-5K FOR A FEW MONTHS. LET THAT SINK IN. ALMOST 3X LESS NEW FIGURES TODAY WITH LESS IMPRESSIVE SCULPT.

And that's why I'll never buy her. I don't mind buying super rare figures every now and again even if the price jumps really high but that's alright of the figure is a few years old and there's no reprint in sight. This tho, forget it! I'd end up feeling like a sucker. It's not like I need it anyways.

In other news I opened up my Dark Magician, Dark Magician Girl and Yugi today. They look really awesome. Around 3k each, so I can't complain. Dark Magician is way too big tho, nowhere to put him :$ He looks stunning tho, the paint on him is beautiful.

So my trip to Japan is less than a month away so I figured I'd ask now: Anyone know any specific stores in Tokyo (like in Akihabara or other districts within Tokyo) that I should definitely check out that retail in figures? This is likely my last chance to get any figures for after I get back, I gotta start saving/spending on life stuff... (driving lessons finally, and a used car to follow...)

You can walk through Akiba and find more Figure shops than you could remember, Last fall when I went you can find some 7 story tall buildings with a different figure shop on each floor.

The very best advice I can give you is to shop around, unless its something oddly rare or a specific used figure, you can find the same one at X amount of stores all with different prices.

meijiko

best part was how someone joked on the mfc page that there'd be a figma maid levi. few days later figma maid levi is announced

It makes me so happy

Sko8mO6.jpg

Luigi87

Might be cool to check out a Mandarake store in-person. I think the Nakano one has English speakers.

Ooh, I didn't know Mandarake had physical locations. Thanks.

You can walk through Akiba and find more Figure shops than you could remember, Last fall when I went you can find some 7 story tall buildings with a different figure shop on each floor.

The very best advice I can give you is to shop around, unless its something oddly rare or a specific used figure, you can find the same one at X amount of stores all with different prices.

*froths at mouth*
I will do that... Oh god... Yes.

RocBase

It makes me so happy

Sko8mO6.jpg

lol

he looks damn good though. loving the official shots
i wish this was getting sold at various events instead of the nendo, woulda got someone to try and grab a copy for me. sucks how we have to wait until november for an online order

Well, might as well come clear. I expected this place to have a variety of tastes in all the figures that are displayed, but it seems that the main interest here are waifus, lol. Mainly interested in mechas, movable figures like figmas and play arts kai.For example I like Vincent Valentine's Play Arts Kai figure, and I guess no one here has it?
I mostly have dude figures and like 80% are articulated and not statues.
Play Arts don't get much love on her because when they are bad they are truly horrendous at times.

I have the old Play Arts Vincent from before the Kai line started.

Edit: after a count its almost about 50% dudes 50% female figures.

Settin

No one talks about robots here though. Even though it would be awesome if they did. Not even any cool figures like Guts figma or something.

Maybe you should make ModelGAF then? I tend to think of inanimate objects as models and humanoids as figures. Also, as I pointed out I tend to build kits for vehicles/mechs. There's a separation in my mind because the flat and even colors of a vehicle are so much easier to paint than the intricate flesh tones of a naked lady.

johnsmith

remember me
Tempy, take your pic down. Do not post bare breasts in this thread. Use some common sense, people. Keep this thread classy and sfw. Excessively skimpy figures shouldn't be posted even if they aren't technically nude. Pasties/microbikinis are a nono.

WolfStark

I've had pretty good experience with Mandarake's customer service the one time I've had to contact them for anything (unopened figma Drossel arrived with her twintail joints snapped off in the box; after bouncing a few emails back and forth and verifying that it wasn't mangled in shipping, they shipped me an entire replacement figure).

I've got a reply today from Mandarake. They told me they can't do much about the broken shield but they can give a refund of 1000 Yen. I agreed to the offer, since the figure cost 2200 Yen.

Elixir

Recent loot!

How much was Sasaki? I'm guessing the average price is 14k unopened judging by Mandarake. I'm thinking of getting it to go with Misa.

Bought a Momohime for 10k. Not the best price in the world I'd imagine but I'll take what I can :p

Is this another one of those "I totally bought something cheap but can't prove it" posts of yours?

Hatsune Miku - Love is War DX

¥45000 not including shipping.

I can't.

I can't.

I can't.

You really shouldn't. If I had a shot at a LiW DX today, even at 15k, I probably still wouldn't bite. Except maybe to resell. I just don't really need her all that much anymore.

Bought a Momohime for 10k. Not the best price in the world I'd imagine but I'll take what I can :p

Great price, great figure. Enjoy.

Recent loot!

http://tempy.org/pix/Figures/jun2014_1.jpg (nsfw)

EDIT: No fun allowed

Has nothing to do with it. GAF rules still apply to this thread. We're just trying to save you a ban. Nice haul, though.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
How much was Sasaki? I'm guessing the average price is 14k unopened judging by Mandarake. I'm thinking of getting it to go with Misa.

Got it from AmiAmi (A/A) for 13,780 yen, 4,770 shipping, and €41.30 customs. Huuuuge box, much larger than her sister's because of her hair.

javac

Is this another one of those "I totally bought something cheap but can't prove it" posts of yours?
Geez what's your issue? I don't have to prove anything. I mean if I was lying about getting figures for certain prices that would be really pathetic on my behalf. I'm sure everyone can attest to the fact that when I say I bought a figure, I usually end up posting the post-mortem here, like the previous page where I posted my Misato, Rei, Asuka and Stocking figures I bought. I love taking pics of the stuff I buy, so you'll see my Momohime when she arrives.

I take a while getting my figures because I don't pay for the shipping straight away (they give me 30 days to pay for them) so I space them out. I mean, nobody else posts receipts so why should I? If I was lying about getting figures, I would be a massive freak and a weirdo. I don't chat shit, I state how much I paid and the reason I post them here is to share and also get feedback if the prices are good, because everyone here knows more than me when it comes to prices.

So while I won't post receipts and you'll have to take my word for it instead of trying to be the gaf detective, I will post this. I bet it still won't keep you happy and you'll want the link to the page and you'll probably insinuate that I photoshopped the numbers or something. I don't get it, and I'm not even mad at you, just upset. I can understand why tho, I guess some weirdo's exist out there who lie about buying stuff, but I post here on a regular basis with my pick-ups . Weather people believe I get them for the prices I do is up to ya'll really. If you think I'm making shit up, well that does fine by me. You legit upset me man. I'm not mad at you tho, but don't insinuate stuff like that.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
My two cents: I think the main reason is because you already know you got a good price on something, but still have this weird attitude in your post about how it's probably not a good deal. It's reminiscent of an odd stealth brag. Just brag instead. :)

And if you're able to get a deal, I'm sure many would appreciate a source because they'd like to get good deals on figures as well, right?

Oh a more relevant note, I think I'm going to finally cancel Ryuoko and buy... Morrigan. Heaven help me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom