• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT| Classic sprite-based JRPG goodness [UP] Global launch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mattiator

That's probably not greeeaaaat.

CoD is great.

Kefka is awesome, Golbez is ok but he is missing a 6stars update for no reason (or because they will make a new Golbez without armor, but in any case that makes the first Golbez useless).

Galuf isn't that good, Rydia sucks balls currently but will get decent, that being said you have Kefka so you don't need her.

Sabin is really strong but he isn't a top dog.

I would reroll. You can probably get better without much trouble.

Awesome thanks for the advice :)
Any tips who I should be shooting for??
Thanks again!

CCIE

Banned
From what I'm gathering Kuja will never really run out of magic for the most part. I don't think he's underpowered at all. Of course all the grinding required to get those units to max 5* is no small feat.

Slaythe

From what I'm gathering Kuja will never really run out of magic for the most part. I don't think he's underpowered at all. Of course all the grinding required to get those units to max 5* is no small feat.

Took me a week to get Kuja from 3 to maxed out 5 stars. Not that bad =) . He does run out of MP, because not all enemies use MP abilities. It's rare though.

Also, his attacks are much better than the other mages (physically), so that's a plus I guess. He's not useless when his magic doesn't work. Remember that equipment grant abilities (like the ice rod gives him blizarra etc...), that's useful.

If you have me as friend just test him out.

Wait, rerolling only applies to when you start the game right? Can't do it retroactively? :(

You can, but you'll need a new facebook account.

Awesome thanks for the advice :)
Any tips who I should be shooting for??
Thanks again!

Honestly, the best advice I can give you, is roll for one character you love (it's so much easier to play when you have your favorite !) and one character that's really really good.

Kefka, Ex Death, Chizuru, Vaan, Cecil, Roselia, basically any main hero or villain will do. (even Kuja that's currently not as good, is still a monster when it comes to PvE)

Ideally you want a good mage, a good melee dps, and possibly a healer/tank if you can.

Once you have a team you like, save your lapis. Use some of them to increase your friend list, material slots etc... But don't summon.

Only summon when you want a hero really bad, or to get OP characters.

Slaythe

Well I never used one to begin with...how would I go about doing it then?

If you plan on discarding your current account, then make a fake facebook, then go to options, log in facebook, use the fake account, then log off, it will reset the game.

Roll, if you're not happy, log in the fake account, it will restore your original account, then log off again.

Repeat until you have something you want. Then, use your real facebook, and link it.

Vivi 4 Star vs Exdeath 5 Star probably works out in Vivi's favor, actually. That's only in damage though. Vivi can cast two Black Magic spells to Exdeath's one. -ra spells have 140% modifier vs -ga's 180% and are a little more MP efficient. There's also the fact that Vivi can wear mage gear that Exdeath can't.

Exdeath can survive better and he will have a 6-star form which is why he's good to have now.

Arc from FF3 will outpace both when he hits until Exdeath gets his 6-star form.
Didn't think about this, forgot about his lvl 60 duelcast. Too bad next trial ruins all mage teams bar Kefka. I guess currently as far as GL MAG in dmg it's Kefka>Vivi>ExDeath

Dreavus

Just started this, I enjoyed Brave Frontier for a while and it looks like this might be a slight step up from that game from what I've played so far (at least a step up from when I played). Seems pretty cool so far.

Is the early bird bundle worth it at all? I won't be getting it right away but might be a good way to get started. EDIT: Ehhhh maybe not, we'll see.

If you plan on discarding your current account, then make a fake facebook, then go to options, log in facebook, use the fake account, then log off, it will reset the game.

Roll, if you're not happy, log in the fake account, it will restore your original account, then log off again.

Repeat until you have something you want. Then, use your real facebook, and link it.

Oh lord, no way I'd give up my account now! Shame, want that damn Ex-Death!

Slaythe

Guys, don't care about what's "OP" or not.

Focus on having fun. Like literally most teams that have proper equipment and levels will manage through everything.

As long as you have characters you love, it's all that matters.

My Kuja has been carrying my shitty team through the whole game. Firion's paralysis and Edgar's poison have been my plan B, and it destroyed virtually everything in the game, including the white dragon.

Guys, don't care about what's "OP" or not.

Focus on having fun. Like literally most teams that have proper equipment and levels will manage through everything.

As long as you have characters you love, it's all that matters.

My Kuja has been carrying my shitty team through the whole game. Firion's paralysis and Edgar's poison have been my plan B, and it destroyed virtually everything in the game, including the white dragon.
Firion is top tier, u have no worries yourself. I just want ppl to be prepared for this next trial boss, any team with lots of mages besides Kefka are about to get owned due to the fire ice lightning 100% resistance

Just downloaded this game today. I did 10 of the premium roll things and got like 4 of the same character :|

I was thinking of keeping it since I got Rydia, Golbez, and Cain and they were the only three I liked from FF4, but I'll try to re-roll a few more times and see if I get anything better.

GG-Duo

So can we no longer fight the White Dragon starting tomorrow?
And the next Trials monster is pretty much magic-proof?

Argh, that sucks. I don’t think I can summon a Paralyze unit today.

EDIT: looks like I was wrong

CCIE

Banned
My current party is ill-equipped for the Devil Chimera. I'd bring Terra with me for Raise, but other than that and Cura she'd be useless. Would also have to rely on Lasswell to supplement Garland and Chizuru. Celes would be pretty useless here as well.

So I guess although my party will annihilate the White Dragon, it's going to take some doing to beat the Devil Chimera. I won't be trying that one for awhile, need to get all my characters to high four star status at the very least.

So can we no longer fight the White Dragon starting tomorrow?
And the next Trials monster is pretty much magic-proof?

Argh, that sucks. I don’t think I can summon a Paralyze unit today.

You'll be able to still fight the White Dragon. You have to beat the White Dragon first to be able to fight Devil Chimera.

Yogg

I just gave Europa my first few tries and I got absolutely slaughtered. I went with Leo+Cyan for paralyze, Kryle for double cura and barthundera, and 4* Kefka and CoD. Any turn paralyze is not up one character will be one-shot.

I might take some time away to levelup my chars before trying it again.I'm still not sure if I should go for a magic or physical setup here. I have a 4* Shantotto and Golbez on the bench. This boss is a big slap in the face if you considered everything up to here too easy!

Valus

My current party is ill-equipped for the Devil Chimera. I'd bring Terra with me for Raise, but other than that and Cura she'd be useless. Would also have to rely on Lasswell to supplement Garland and Chizuru. Celes would be pretty useless here as well.

So I guess although my party will annihilate the White Dragon, it's going to take some doing to beat the Devil Chimera. I won't be trying that one for awhile, need to get all my characters to high four star status at the very least.

I think Celes will be good for the fight. Magic Break + Runic Blade for Blizzara + Barthundara/Barfira (if created) = good support. She can buff your healer up as well if necessary.

...that's what I'm hoping for anyway. Please don't let me down Celes!

CCIE

Banned
WooHoo! Just awakened my entire team! All four star and above, including the story characters. Now to start the next grind, including bringing new 5* Chizuru to God status. Won't be doing any advanced dungeon runs right now, though. Need to train them up a little first

RedZaraki

Banned
Man. Mech Terra's Limit Break magic based or what? It hits for less than a Vivi auto attack.

And my best unit right now is King Giott lol

Slaythe

Man. Mech Terra's Limit Break magic based or what? It hits for less than a Vivi auto attack.

And my best unit right now is King Giott lol

Yeah, you want to reroll bruh.

Do stars on teammates mean anything? Like if I roll a 3 star Kefka is it worse than rolling a 4 star for example?

Obviously.

The good news is, you can evolve your Kefka into a 5 stars.
The higher stars = the more powerful. Units have a max stars they can reach. Edgar is max 4 stars. Kefka is 5, some characters get 6 stars updates, like Ex-death.

So, is their details on what to expect from the new trial boss?
Here's a guide to Devil Chimera: http://brave-exvius.com/threads/trial-bosses-2-devil-chimera-force-armor.478/. Get your physical attackers ready!
What do you get for beating the Trials? I beat the Dragon, but didn't seem like it was worth anything special.
The trials vortex is just there to be able to fight the boss again if you want. You don't get any other special items or anything.

CCIE

Banned
Yeah, all of my characters have "awakened" to the next level, but they are pretty weak right now. Need to get them to at least level 10 or more before doing anymore real content. The good news is that Terra is my freaking healer for now, with Stona, and Blindna, and I will get her to level 33 ASAP for Cura. I also put bio blaster on her so she and Kefka are just going to poison the crap out of everything until I get some levels under my belt again. Should also set up well for the White Dragon.

Fina will be my difficult content healer, long term. I think she is ideal because she not only has Cheer, but L3 Green Magic support so the Barfira, Barblizzara, Barthundara will go well on her.

Maybe not the smartest idea leveling everyone at once, but that is what the Experience Vortex is for. I just need one of the nuker max level GAFers to get me a few quick levels - hope they are online so I can use them. I should be ready to play again in a couple of hours

Got ExDeath on my third re-roll who I assume is the best character in the game. Thing that sucks is that I got like entirely mages from the pull including 3 Kefkas.

I'll probably roll with Kuja instead as my other mage along with Exdeath, even if he's worse because I like him a lot more than Kefka.

Obviously.

The good news is, you can evolve your Kefka into a 5 stars.
The higher stars = the more powerful. Units have a max stars they can reach. Edgar is max 4 stars. Kefka is 5, some characters get 6 stars updates, like Ex-death.

Yeah I assumed the better characters in the game can hit 5-6 stars. Guess that's why Exdeath is so good.

WoL - Garland

Firion - Emperor

Luneth - CoD

Cecil - Dark Cecil (apparently they wanted Golbez to fuck himself)

Bartz - Ex-Death

Terra, Kefka, and Zidane, Kuja, are up in the air. I really hope Golbez getting screwed over is an exception -_- .

He's not THAAAAAT bad.

He's not great but, I'd use him over Vivi >.> At least at 5*

Oh and FUCK dark Cecil -.-

Slaythe

The point wasn't that he's a bad 5 stars.

The point is that he didn't receive a 6 stars update. Unlike all other characters. Kinda unfair if you ask me.

And that makes me scared about Kuja. Kuja needs his ultima and curaga god dammit !

LuuKyK

So I should focus on Fina instead of Maria? Because Maria right now is miles better than Fina. She has Cura, Blinda, Poisona and her special also heals everyone.

So I should focus on Fina instead of Maria? Because Maria right now is miles better than Fina. She has Cura, Blinda, Poisona and her special also heals everyone.

Yeah I was in the same boat, Maria is fantastic early on and when her 5* releases she will be even better but Fina is pretty great...eventually lol You'll miss cura in the beginning but its worth investing in her.

Valentus

How did you get that much MAG ?

Can you list your equip and how to get it ? Thanks !

Equip:

Ice Rod: INT D-4 colosseum reward
Mage's Hat: C-2 INT colosseum recipe
Black Robe: C-4 INT colosseum reward
Hero's Ring: 30 trophies reward recipe

Materias:

MAG+30: Shantotto's TM

Esper: Shiva lvl 32

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom