• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT| Classic sprite-based JRPG goodness [UP] Global launch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did I say this already? 'Cause if not, this game would do well to implement a Star-for-Star trading system, among friends at least.

I pulled 3 Krile in a row. I'm at the end of the story now, and I'm finding it particularly hard to farm Lapis.

CCIE

Banned
Yeah, from what I can tell, Kefka can do some MAJOR damage. That's the only reason I'm training him up - I'm not a fan of the guy. I stick him in the back of my party behind Garland so I don't have to look at him ;)

Kouriozan

I finally complete INT colosseum S-2 boss and the game crash, haha.
Thankfully I managed to do it again, poison is OP.
Can't wait until my Roselia gets Curaja, she already has an amazing SPR stat.

Lyrian

Man. Mech Terra's Limit Break magic based or what? It hits for less than a Vivi auto attack.

And my best unit right now is King Giott lol

Yes, her limit break is magic based, as is all her specials outside of Metal Kick.

As someone who is using her until I roll something better, her problem is that she appears to be intentionally gimped to be just short of greatness. Her maxed 4* form only has a base MAG of 71, which is well behind Vivi's 92.

For spells to really start doing meaningful damage, MAG really needs to be at least 150 and higher. The vast majority of solid mage gear right now is locked behind INT Colosseum, which is going to require characters considerably stronger her to obtain. Even with all that gear plus Shiva, she might start to approach 150 MAG. That said, the difference from +21 MAG in Vivi's favor is substantial, as attack ratings are exponential in terms of damage dealt.

She's strong enough at max to clear the 2nd isle, but I have significant doubts about her being strong enough to clear the 3rd isle when it releases. Vivi should last considerable longer than her, and even more so if he ever receives a 5* upgrade.

jwhit28

I finished the story content so far. Only thing left is Arena and the quest. I've mostly just been doing explorations to level up espers and units though. I got like 50 open friend slots.

589 345 603

Faenix1

K. What's the best way to know if you equipped your party right?

Maria is my healer, for now, but I dont know if I need to equip a bow, staff, or rod onto her. I got a bow on her but is that wrong?

Kettch

I don't even have shantotto haha. But I can get the rest.

Thanks !

I haven't gotten Shantotto or Kain among the common pulls. Or Vivi, Krile, Luna. Only decent common pull I've gotten is one Edgar, meanwhile I'm sitting on 5 Shadows.

Thankfully it's a good place to have bad luck though, I'm sure I'll get plenty of them pulling for other stuff in the future.

Valus

K. What's the best way to know if you equipped your party right?

Maria is my healer, for now, but I dont know if I need to equip a bow, staff, or rod onto her. I got a bow on her but is that wrong?

Bow for auto attack trash mobs
Rod if she has any black magic you want to use
Staff if you want her to heal more but do garbage auto attack

I haven't gotten Shantotto or Kain among the common pulls. Or Vivi, Krile, Luna. Only decent common pull I've gotten is one Edgar, meanwhile I'm sitting on 5 Shadows.

Thankfully it's a good place to have bad luck though, I'm sure I'll get plenty of them pulling for other stuff in the future.

Come back once you've been blessed with professor, only then will you truly be one of us.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Isnt my Kefka with Meteor and 297 MAG enough for you? xD

Heh nah he is awesome ( maybe too awesome lol) - i have you on my prelaunch account but i was talking about my newer one where i dont have nearly as powerful friends - but its getting a bit better with some Gaffer i could add.

Tried to add you too but i think your list is full. If you get some free space down the line you can send me an invite (499,321,851).

Need them powerful mages for easier WolfPeak/LanteltRuins Exploration time...lol
I finished the story content so far. Only thing left is Arena and the quest. I've mostly just been doing explorations to level up espers and units though. I got like 50 open friend slots.

589 345 603

Nice - Invite sent.

Vex_

Banned
SQUARE-ENIX said:
Greetings FINAL FANTASY BRAVE EXVIUS fans!

We're happy to announce we're now the #1 role-playing game on the Apple App Store and Google Play Store in many countries!

Don't forget to download and play the game before July 17, 23:59 PDT (22:59 PST) so that you can receive our Crystal Milestone Campaign rewards.

Lol "role playing game". Clever.

Congrats tho SE. Truly the only mobile game I have ever spent this much time on. Ever. This includes Pokemon go.

I have to wonder though, what metric are they going by when they say "#1"?? #1 in what? Concurrent users? IAPs??

Here's my 10 pull, should I keep or reroll?
3x Kefka
1x Clyne
1x Vivi
1x Medius
1x Kuja
1x Galuf
1x Golbez
1x Rydia

3 kefkas would make for a very troll-y meme team, and would be funny as fuck, but don't do it. Reroll. You need physical damage. Especially for this new boss coming out.

Hmm well I forgot kefka has a element-less magic skill. But I dunno, dude. You need more variety. Try to get at least two top tier units.

Lyrian

Lol "role playing game". Clever.

Congrats tho SE. Truly the only mobile game I have ever spent this much time on. Ever. This includes Pokemon go.

I have to wonder though, what metric are they going by when they say "#1"?? #1 in what? Concurrent users? IAPs??

I just saw that email. This is Microsoft level spin. Indeed, #1 in.... what? Also, what exactly is "many countries"? How many is many? Which countries are they referring to? Mysidia? Baron?

linkent

Anyone can add me too.
Couldnt add anyone as my list seem to be bugged, but ErinGaf could add me yesterday.

Cecil and future ExDeath Lead :D

589 345 603

Went to add you then realized we were already friends >.>

Anyone can add me too.
Couldnt add anyone as my list seem to be bugged, but ErinGaf could add me yesterday.

Cecil and future ExDeath Lead :D

Invite out!

mikemandey

Gacha simulator.. this is fun. Lol

http://altema.jp/ffbe/gacha/1

Pulled 30x11 times.. No Lightning :/

Edit: Got her at last.. lol

I6WEh5Q.jpg

Lyrian

Gah... why does S tier in the Colosseum have to be so much of a slog?

Everything has 10x their normal hit points. HP sponges does not equal hard. :/

scarlet

Almost win against Europa. But I accidentally chose auto instead of chizuru'so barrage.and after that he killed the rest of my team.

Vex_

Banned
Oh yeah..... I forgot that that a color palette swap of a level 1 monster = stronger than the final current story boss by a considerable margin.

I guess that makes this "old school"? lol

U don't have graviga??

16k-18k opening damage. Then you just mop up the rest.

I feel sorry for anyone without graviga.

Vivi 4 Star vs Exdeath 5 Star probably works out in Vivi's favor, actually. That's only in damage though. Vivi can cast two Black Magic spells to Exdeath's one. -ra spells have 140% modifier vs -ga's 180% and are a little more MP efficient. There's also the fact that Vivi can wear mage gear that Exdeath can't.

Exdeath can survive better and he will have a 6-star form which is why he's good to have now.

Arc from FF3 will outpace both when he hits until Exdeath gets his 6-star form.
I imagine Vivi and Exdeath have similar moveset pools, while her's is more limited as a red mage. However, for the elements she does have, how would Krile fair in this kind of comparison with her having Bluff and Dualcast for her -Ras too?

chrono01

All of this Lightning talk makes me want her to arrive on Global already! She was within the first few months in the Japanese release, so we should be getting her real soon. I haven't been playing much of my current account, since I know I won't be lucky enough to pull her naturally with my earned Lapis/Tickets, and I fully intend to re-roll continually until I manage to get her.

So yes, please release her soon, Gumi. I am trying to be patient. :(

Rixa

How did you get that much MAG ?

Can you list your equip and how to get it ? Thanks !

Equip:

Ice Rod: INT D-4 colosseum reward
Mage's Hat: C-2 INT colosseum recipe
Black Robe: C-4 INT colosseum reward
Hero's Ring: 30 trophies reward recipe

Materias:

MAG+30: Shantotto's TM

Esper: Shiva lvl 32

WHAT ARE YOU DOING WITH YOUR LIFE

Top of the page...

SHANTOTTO 4 LIFE
No no you got it wrong:

4 Shantotto's 4 Life.
One day my Exdeath says hi!
4x 30% MAG
2x Hero's Ring
Excalibur for the giggles (Maybe to some other unit really...)

Did I say this already? 'Cause if not, this game would do well to implement a Star-for-Star trading system, among friends at least.

I pulled 3 Krile in a row. I'm at the end of the story now, and I'm finding it particularly hard to farm Lapis.
I would be really happy to trade my Rakshasa to Bartz (what I would reroll with other account and make it friend)...
I could even trade my maxed Medius 5* to rerolled Lightning 5* :p.
Nice tough, but yeah no.

Rixa

Hey GAF Bros I just opened up some friend slots for some active players on here
I always have my 5* Bartz with barrage with 2* Ifrit attached is up for use. (Crafting hero rings now.)

Might as well post a pic of my team too.

That is a really nice team. When your Firion is maxed, consider switching Ifrit to Firion an check if he does more damage than Bartz.

I just started the game and rolled 5 kefkas, should I reroll?

On the bright side I got Shadow, Sabin, Maria, and the Samurai feature'd character.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom