• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT| Classic sprite-based JRPG goodness [UP] Global launch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lyrian

Does anyone use a songstress? I have Sarah and her attack boost song is pretty decent I think. Not sure if I should invest on her though, her damage output is so low.

Edit: Wow this cactuar event is amazing, it should stay on forever. lol

I don't think most run with a bard/dancer because their damage is so low (and zero when singing). The game is not yet at a point where a dedicated full time buffer is needed outside of very niche situations.

2* Siren does offer most of Sarah's songs, so people go that route if singing is needed for a given battle.

CCIE

Banned
Anyone leveling Rain? I hear he's pretty awesome as a 6* - better than Lasswell because he gets full break, and some kind of party bonus as well. He's one of the top support units in Japan. I've already managed to greatly increase Chizuru as well as Kefka - he does pretty awesome damage as a 4* once he gets the -GA spells. Now I'm leveling Celes to the high 50's as well. Then it will be either Garland, Terra, or Fina next. Still have Lasswell, and Rain on the side as low-level 4*'s. I'm going to sell all my crap units with no decent TM reward to make room for more Cactuars. Hopefully I can stockpile a bunch before the event ends.

Then I will be in the Awakening Vortex for a few days again, getting materials to level up all the four star units... And I think I can take the White Dragon before that with a little luck. Might take a stab at the Devil Chimera as well since I have the Barfira, and Barthundara recipes for Fina. I want the Masamune like everyone else has...

Then I will probably hoard gigantuars to level up my 4* units after they are awakened to 4* status.

Lyrian

Good grief, leveling espers to 30 is an extreme pain in the chocobo. That's a lot of megacites for one level past 20 (and outright silly past 25).

Sounds like the cactaur event is actually good? Maybe I should stop farming Phantom Forest and grind out the last 10 levels on my 5*s that way?

Lyrian

Anyone leveling Rain? I hear he's pretty awesome as a 6* - better than Lasswell because he gets full break, and some kind of party bonus as well. He's one of the top support units in Japan. I've already managed to greatly increase Chizuru as well as Kefka - he does pretty awesome damage as a 4* once he gets the -GA spells. Now I'm leveling Celes to the high 50's as well. Then it will be either Garland, Terra, or Fina next. Still have Lasswell, and Rain on the side as low-level 4*'s. I'm going to sell all my crap units with no decent TM reward to make room for more Cactuars. Hopefully I can stockpile a bunch before the event ends.

Then I will be in the Awakening Vortex for a few days again, getting materials to level up all the four star units... And I think I can take the White Dragon before that with a little luck. Might take a stab at the Devil Chimera as well since I have the Barfira, and Barthundara recipes for Fina. I want the Masamune like everyone else has...

Then I will probably hoard gigantuars to level up my 4* units after they are awakened to 4* status.

Working on Rain, Lasswellm and Fina atm, only 10 levels left to go (2 till Cheer).

Lasswell is better than Rain at 5*, but I believe Rain has the much better 6* upgrade from what I read.

Most units start to really develop strong damage numbers post-60, where 4*s cap out. Rain/Lasswell at 5* 80 do way, way more damage then at 4* 60. I would assume that at 6* 99, that both of them deliver very strong damage because of their upgrades.

CCIE

Banned
What is the max number of friend slots? I don't really want to spend the lapis on more, and I'm sitting pat with 100 for now. I need to save my Lapis for pursuing future units when the next round of rate-ups come.

Also, how long is too long for inactive accounts on the friends list? Five days? I'm maxed out and some of my lower level friends haven't touched the game in currently five days

CCIE

Banned
Yeah, the damage numbers I've seen for Chiruzu so far at near maxed out status are close to 300, though I think they could go higher with the right equipment. Also, I'm getting close to the Hero Ring recipe, especially since I will now be spamming magic like a madman and stealing every round with Fina who can't attack at all.

How God-like will Chiruzu be as a damage dealer when someone has her TMR as well?

Lyrian

What is the max number of friend slots? I don't really want to spend the lapis on more, and I'm sitting pat with 100 for now. I need to save my Lapis for pursuing future units when the next round of rate-ups come.

Also, how long is too long for inactive accounts on the friends list? Five days? I'm maxed out and some of my lower level friends haven't touched the game in currently five days

130 is max for friend slots right now.

I'd probably say at this early point in the game that 5 days since last log-in probably means the player rerolled or abandoned the account.

CCIE

Banned
Alright, going to open up some more slots! Chizuru will be in the high sixties minimum by the end of the weekend for those who want to add me

130 slots is the max. I did so asap and now I'm constantly hitting the 100,000 FP cap.

I tend to prune inactives infrequently, but when I do I get rid of anyone who hasn't played in 3 days, unless they have a shared unit I use often or are a GAFer (I give y'all more leeway, although I have gotten rid of week+ inactives).

130 slots is the max. I did so asap and now I'm constantly hitting the 10,000 cap.

I tend to prune inactives infrequently, but when I do I get rid of anyone who hasn't played in 3 days, unless they have a shared unit I use often or are a GAFer (I give y'all more leeway, although I have gotten rid of week+ inactives).
10,000 cap? What are u speaking about, 10K is not the cap for friend points

Lyrian

130 slots is the max. I did so asap and now I'm constantly hitting the 10,000 cap.

Pretty sure the cap for friend points is 100,000 and not 10,000.

I'm looking at my phone right now and it says I have 54k friend points banked.

Hey guys, a few questions:

1. How do you do the Cactuar event? I checked the Void last night and didn't see anything. I sit somewhere else? Also, how does it work exactly? I think I got a silver cactuar drop at one point, do you just do the event and if you have one of those in your inventory you get extra experience? If so, how do I get more?

2. How often can you use people from your friends list? Is it once a day? Or every so many hours?

Azuran

Banned
Of course I completely forgot to farm awakening crystals before this event came along. Hopefully I have enough space to hold as many as I can before this is over.

I did manage to 5* Bartz and Fina with what I had so it's only a matter of time before I have sexy Barrage and Cheer.

CCIE

Banned
Sent the request Squall - how is she maxed out? I'm on my way there, but I have a LOT of units I'm trying to max. She and Kefka are the priority though

Lyrian

1. How do you do the Cactuar event? I checked the Void last night and didn't see anything. I sit somewhere else? Also, how does it work exactly? I think I got a silver cactuar drop at one point, do you just do the event and if you have one of those in your inventory you get extra experience? If so, how do I get more?

2. How often can you use people from your friends list? Is it once a day? Or every so many hours?

1) It is in the Void/Vortex as of today through Sunday. It appears as a seperate dungeon from the Vortex of Desire. Cactuars that spawn in the dungeon and defeated appear as units in your inventory. You can get up to 3 cactaurs per run, depending on your luck.

2) Every 3 hours, the friend list recycles for friend points. Gifts recycle once daily at midnight Greenwich time.

1. Cactuar event is in the vortex menu and it started this morning. There's 3 different encounters you can come across for the 15 energy run. Regular cactuars that won't give you anything, Metalicactuar that will give you a a medium sized cactuar that gives 15,000 exp and Metal Gigantuar that will give 30,000 exp. It's possible to get 3 Metal Gigantuars in a run. It's not super rare and I'll usually end up with a few runs every weekend this event is up. The third encounter is always a Metal Gigantuar so you're at least guaranteed one of them per run.

2. I believe it takes 3 or 4 hours before you can use the same friend again.

Valentus

Garland get some pretty good abilities at 6*, like +25% attack if equipped with a greatsword, another +25% attack with an helmet, a +20% attack and +20% HP passives, a strong AoE if combined with his last one, 4 materia slots and his limit increase the party's attack by 50%.

You can check those on the Reddit wiki.

Warrior of Light is a fucking beast.

100% self buff def when hp is 30% or less
cheer with 45% atk/mag buff (normal cheer is 40%)
Sentinel with 50% chance (cecil's sentinel is 30%)
Spells with 45% Def/SPR and Atk/Mag debuff AoE
Counter Magic and 25% self heal.

Warrior of Light is more more impressive than Garland.

Valentus

So am I supposed to only do the 15 cost cactuar battle? Or is the 10 potentiality more cost effective?

only 15 cost.

15 cost battle gives you a guaranteed Jumbo Cactuar (30.000 exp) in the last fight. The other 2 you can get normal cactuars (nothing), 10.000 exp cactuars or Jumbo Cactuars (30.000)

So, with luck, you can get for 15 energy 2 jumbo cactuars (60.000 exp) or even 3 jumbo cactuars (90.000 exp)

So, I've been playing this for a few days now. I have a question: After the main story (which I assume does come to an end), will there still be an efficient way to get lapis?

Folstern

Does this mean Cecil is ousted as the best tank?

Visceir

One of the main reasons why Cecil is so liked is his actually useful LB (AoE 3 Turn +74% ATK/DEF/SPR when it is fully leveled.)

It's also why everyone pulling Cecil now and leveling him up to 5* without maxing his LB first are 'ruining' him, since it'll be muchmuchmuch harder to level up his LB once he is 5*.

iirc, 6* Cecil's sentinel is 75%

Rootbeer

Banned
Finally exdeath at 5*... (along with Fina, working on the other 3 of my core team next!) Good progress!

Just got that 30% MAG. Aww yeah.

Dreavus

One of the main reasons why Cecil is so liked is his actually useful LB (AoE 3 Turn +74% ATK/DEF/SPR when it is fully leveled.)

It's also why everyone pulling Cecil now and leveling him up to 5* without maxing his LB first are 'ruining' him, since it'll be muchmuchmuch harder to level up his LB once he is 5*.

I just read up on this. It's 1 limit break XP per use? And there are 10 levels? That's going to take absolutely forever. My party is not even a quarter way through and I haven't switched anyone out yet, lol

Valentus

comparing both units:

Warrior of Light has more innate HP/ATK/MP/MAG/SPR than Cecil
Cecil has more innate DEF than Warrior of Light

Both can equip heavy armor and heavy shields.

Both have Sentinel (with different names) but Cecil's chance is 30% and WoL's chance is 50%, but Cecil have Saint Wall in 6star

Cecil have Cura, Curaja and Dispel. WoL doesnt have any healing spells (but have lvl 6 white magic affinity)

WoL have Full Break, Cheer+ (45%), Provoke and AoE stat debuff spells . Cecil Doesnt have offensive skills, but have focus (40%).

Cecil's Limit is ATK/DEF/SPR buff
WoL Limit is Attack + DEF buff

Conclusion: Both are tanks, Cecil more focused in defense and support, WoL more focused in offense.

bonkeng

So it's better to max his LB from 3*? Good thing i didn't awake him yet. Figured Vaan and Exdeath are more useful than Cecil currently so i awakened them first.

Eidjinn

Holy cow! I didn't even seem that limit burst had levels!

Hos do I level this up??

Stider

Not really, WoL is a tank with more of a tank with buffs and debuffs to make the party more effective. In terms of pure tanking Cecil is still better I feel. At 6* max level, he has a 50% passive boost to def and 20 to hp, a 75% chance to block attacks with a 50% boost to def/spr and he gets x2 multiplier for charging his LB which is a party atk+def+spr boost ranging from 50-74%

CCIE

Banned
WoL is the next unit I really want. Hopefully he will have a decent rate up, and I will have enough Lapis to get him

Lyrian

TFW....

You remember that you still have a 30 energy potion in the mailbox.
You spend it to run ADV cactaurs twice, and get 5 Metal Giganutars.
Feed the 5 Metal Gigantaurs and roll a Great Success.

So good :)

TFW....

You remember that you still have a 30 energy potion in the mailbox.
You spend it to run ADV cactaurs twice, and get 5 Metal Giganutars.
Feed the 5 Metal Gigantaurs and roll a Great Success.

So good :)

I got two Amazing Success in a row today, first time I ever saw them. Has been a great day for everyone!

Faenix1

Gah so much I want to do with energy now.

-Cactaur event
-Farm mats to 4* my ExDeath
-Get Fina

Lapis for energy is one of the bad exchanges, right? lol

mikemandey

Is it IMPOSSIBLE to paralyse the fucking chimera ?

Yes it is.

clhtuFR.jpg

leehom

Just noticed the levels for LB from a post earlier.

Is it easier to level it up when our characters are 3* or 4* vs 5*/6*?

Oh, is it because at 3* the max to level is 10 where as 4* it's 15? maybe 20 for 5* and 25 for 6*?

Guess I need to start grinding LB on my new account before I upgrade their *.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom