• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT| Classic sprite-based JRPG goodness [UP] Global launch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xion86

Think I could take down Demon Chimera with a maxed out party (stars and level) of Rain, Kain, Lasswell, Golbez and Fina? The guy dealt some major damage on my try! But levels are not maxed at 80 yet.

Dragner

Finished Begginer colosseum. Chizuru with cheer and armor break from CoD burned down Europe down easily. Barrage is an absurd skill.

Xion86

Finished Begginer colosseum. Chizuru with cheer and armor break from CoD burned down Europe down easily. Barrage is an absurd skill.

You should be able to Auto your way through the colosseum, until maybe A rank :D pretty damn easy to begin with. Using Rain, Kain, Lasswell, Golbez (recently added to replace Rydia) and Fina.

scarlet

How the hell can you people afford all of these enhancements >.< I literally do not have enough gil to enhancing my units any further lol

I didn't really pay attention about the cost, but I had about 120k down to 80k.

Got it from daily quests, explorations and selling the Gil snappers.

This cactuar event makes me consider to trade 5k lapis for 11 tickets. Need to use that cactuars for great unit.

I didn't really pay attention about the cost, but I had about 120k down to 80k.

Got it from daily quests, explorations and selling the Gil snappers.

This cactuar event makes me consider to trade 5k lapis for 11 tickets. Need to use that cactuars for great unit.

WHAT IN THE ACTUAL HELL

I'm broke as fuck! I feel like just pulling friend summons to try and get snappers

Heng

Sqkm1er.jpg
I didn't realize this thing replaced the white dragon until I saw some people post some screenshots. It was actually pretty easy, just kept ATK/DEF down on it and attacked him regularly. The reward was... Meh, unless I'm missing something.

bonkeng

WHAT IN THE ACTUAL HELL

I'm broke as fuck! I feel like just pulling friend summons to try and get snappers

Use up all your friend points, feed baby cactuar to 1* units and sell them together along with the snappers. Don't save those baby cactuars for your main team as it's too costly to enhance them using babies. Teenage and Adult cactuars are ideal for your 5* team.

How do I get to Ordol Port? Game took me straight to the second Island -____-

ifrit_step2-687x420.jpg

c-murph

I didn't realize this thing replaced the white dragon until I saw some people post some screenshots. It was actually pretty easy, just kept ATK/DEF down on it and attacked him regularly. The reward was... Meh, unless I'm missing something.

Oh. Does that mean we missed the White Dragon FOREVER?!

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Grats :) Enjoy my semi okish Exdeath while it lasts...

After 9 days:

I kicked idle people, feel free to send me FR, Ill accept them so long I have room.
Man you are moving fast - will probably be already nearly there next month. Really nice...i try to work on TM as well but this will take months/years for me heh.

Nice - so you are still playing the game ? Whats your ID ? The one on the Google Doc is invalid.

You only can challenge the new Chimera Boss after defeating White Dragon - and both will be available to challenge via the Vortex Menu.

Heng

I would imagine that you won't be able to challenge the Chimera until you defeat the dragon.
Nice - so you are still playing the game ? Whats your ID ? The one on the Google Doc is invalid.

You only can challenge the new Chimera Boss after defeating White Dragon - and both will be available to challenge via the Vortex Menu.
Thought so.

Yeah I'm still playing, although casually. My ID is 388551911. I'm trying my best to log on everyday but sometimes I forget to do that. :p

zeitgeist

I just started and I was wondering how summoning works. Does summoning mean these new characters are a part of my team forever? Any suggestions on how many I should summon right at the start?

So far I have Luna, Tronn and Shantotto.

CCIE

Banned
For the broke people on this website. An easy way to earn all the money back. I used one of my multi-summons (ton of FP), then used the little cactuars to fuse experience to them. One two-star unit at level one, two littler cactuars, and instant 12-15K depending on the experience obtained during fusion. Most of the two-star TMR are crap anyway

Fusing anything but the gigantaurs to a high level unit is a terrible waste of money and resources from what I can tell. This allows me to get rid of my piddly crappy units, the piddly cactuars, and make all the money back. Seriously, all the money. Once this event is over, you take a turn through the ADV Vortex with the unit and same result. So once I actually hit the 100000 cap that will be my plan as well.

I'm using this to clear space in my inventory for nothing but gigantaurs to level my newly awakened 5* units in a week or so. I'll need anywhere from 25-30 extra cactuars after the event which should be doable. None of the littler ones take up valuable space in my unit inventory either. I'm about to max out Chizuru this morning - cannot wait!

I'm back up over 200,000 in this game doing this...

CCIE

Banned
zeitgeist

You can sell any unit you don't want. And you need to re-roll if that is your team. You should be able to field a decent team with the free 10 rare summon tickets. Shantotto is a good unit, but Tronn is pretty horrible. Read the first post and you will get an idea what is good, and what isn't

Ragnaroz

Ugh, spent lapis to raise my unit cap. I've got tons of maxed out 4* units, but I only have like 3 sacred crystals.
Me too. I have Chizuru, Exdeath, Kefka, Fina, Leo and Garland either maxed 4* or close to it, but they will all definitely be maxed by the end of the event. And now I only have one Sacred Crystal. xD Did the math and I'm gonna need 68 of them and about 26 Holy Crystals to get them all to 5* so my next week is definitely gonna be spent in INT Awakening Vortex.

Takuan

Got all my dudes to 4* and just downed White Dragon. Gonna grind Cactaur event as long as it's on (I assume it's a weekend thing). Would like to get Finna and grind mats needed to awaken Chizzy to 5* but there probably isn't anything better to spend energy on than that.

I've been blowing lapis on single summons for some reason. Gonna start hoarding from now on for 11-ticket summons.

EDarkness

Oh man. I had no idea that Limit Breaks could be leveled up. <sigh> I'm already Rank 22 (or 23) and so it's gonna take a LONG time to level them up now. Sheesh, why did they do it this way instead of making leveling linear? Ugh. None of my characters are even close to level 2. Oh well. What's the benefit of leveling them up (outside of the obvious...more damage)?

I'll add a couple of people here to my friend's list as well.

Ragnaroz

WHAT IN THE ACTUAL HELL

1. You pull units with FPs
2. Use the smallest cactuars on any 1* unit to max lvl it(you need one cactuar per unit).
3. Awaken
4. Use the biggest cactuar on the awakened unit to max it
5. Sell for 15k gil
6. Profit

CCIE

Banned
Damn, wish time would move faster... want to get Chizuru maxed out like virtually everyone else I've seen. Then just start HOARDING gigantuars. I am going to be spending a LOT of time in the INT Awakening next week, but need to first take down the White Dragon

First thing I'm doing after this event is over - does it cost a lot of energy to fight the White Dragon?

Rixa

Oh man. I had no idea that Limit Breaks could be leveled up. <sigh> I'm already Rank 22 (or 23) and so it's gonna take a LONG time to level them up now. Sheesh, why did they do it this way instead of making leveling linear? Ugh. None of my characters are even close to level 2. Oh well. What's the benefit of leveling them up (outside of the obvious...more damage)?

Dont bother to level LBs with grind, Its just waste of time. Since you rarely use LBs anyways.

LBs have 20 levels, one level raises LB under 1% and there aint so many useful LBs. One use of LB is one point to LB skill.

If you want to grind something, grind trust Masteries.

Irnbru

The hell.. the ONE time I get "Amazing Success" and it was feeding a small Cactaur to a 1* unit for gil.

This is the worst thing in the world, happened to me twice already

Also woop woop! Lvl 80 Vann and Chizu, 72 Fina... Now to level Kefka and Exdeath lol.

Takuan

Had no clue either, haha. My ID is 822,440,577 if you wanna add me.

2. Use the smallest cactuars on any 1* unit to max lvl it(you need one cactuar per unit).
3. Awaken
5. Sell for 15k gil
6. Profit
Will use this method from here on out. Not broke yet, but I can see by gil count going down. I'll be in trouble when I'm able to 5* my main party.

_woLf

Will use this method from here on out. Not broke yet, but I can see by gil count going down. I'll be in trouble when I'm able to 5* my main party.

Honestly you get enough 2 star units from FP summon I would skip 1 stars. Use one small cactuar on a 2 star, even without any fusion bonus you'll still get like 10k gil. Saves you a large cactuar for a real unit.

3. Awaken
5. Sell for 15k gil
6. Profit

For the broke people on this website. An easy way to earn all the money back. I used one of my multi-summons (ton of FP), then used the little cactuars to fuse experience to them. One two-star unit at level one, two littler cactuars, and instant 12-15K depending on the experience obtained during fusion. Most of the two-star TMR are crap anyway

Fusing anything but the gigantaurs to a high level unit is a terrible waste of money and resources from what I can tell. This allows me to get rid of my piddly crappy units, the piddly cactuars, and make all the money back. Seriously, all the money. Once this event is over, you take a turn through the ADV Vortex with the unit and same result. So once I actually hit the 100000 cap that will be my plan as well.

I'm using this to clear space in my inventory for nothing but gigantaurs to level my newly awakened 5* units in a week or so. I'll need anywhere from 25-30 extra cactuars after the event which should be doable. None of the littler ones take up valuable space in my unit inventory either. I'm about to max out Chizuru this morning - cannot wait!

I'm back up over 200,000 in this game doing this...

I LOVE YOU BOTH MORE THAN LIFE

Takuan

Honestly you get enough 2 star units from FP summon I would skip 1 stars. Use one small cactuar on a 2 star, even without any fusion bonus you'll still get like 10k gil. Saves you a large cactuar for a real unit.

Noted, thanks for the tip. How much longer are we getting mini cactaurs with FP? Seeing as I'll be grinding metal cactaurs for the next few days, I'm not going to be collecting much in the way of FP.

Heng

Isn't that the Vortex of Trials costs?

Aren't the bosses free to fight in the Farplane until the first time you defeat them? (And then they move permanently to the Vortex of Trials)
Yes you are correct.

I finally defeated Europa. I switched my unit that had Barathundra for another heal/a character with raise. There were a few times where I got unlucky and it landed 3 hits on Lasswell and Terra but luckily with ATK down and cheer they were able to survive. I can't wait to get the new rod. :)

Well I have my current party maxxed out level wise all 3 stars though. So I am just hoarding Jumbo Cactuars or Gigantaurs or whatever they are called. Think I have 20 just waiting till when I awaken those even further. Kind of want to try to get a Chizu but not sure if I should attempt it. Have 5 tickets left over and can buy the bundle for 5k. Currently have Exdeath...Cecil...Bartz...Rain and the other starting guy. I will replace one with Fina when I get her.

Ragnaroz

Well I have my current party maxxed out level wise all 3 stars though. So I am just hoarding Jumbo Cactuars or Gigantaurs or whatever they are called. Think I have 20 just waiting till when I awaken those even further. Kind of want to try to get a Chizu but not sure if I should attempt it. Have 5 tickets left over and can buy the bundle for 5k. Currently have Exdeath...Cecil...Bartz...Rain and the other starting guy. I will replace one with Fina when I get her.
IMO, with that team, you don't really need Chizuru all that much. Maybe use 2 or 3 more tickets to try and get lucky(you also have a pretty good chance to get Kefka) and save the rest of them and lapis for later.

IMO, with that team, you don't really need Chizuru all that much. Maybe use 2 or 3 more tickets to try and get lucky(you also have a pretty good chance to get Kefka) and save the rest of them and lapis for later.

Thanks for the input! Kind of what I was thinking as I don't want to get greedy lol. Guess I will do a couple pulls and then "let it go".

zeitgeist

zeitgeist

You can sell any unit you don't want. And you need to re-roll if that is your team. You should be able to field a decent team with the free 10 rare summon tickets. Shantotto is a good unit, but Tronn is pretty horrible. Read the first post and you will get an idea what is good, and what isn't

Oh okay. So I used all of my summon tickets and now have:

Shantotto 3*
Chizuru 4*
Cecil 5*
Golbez 3*
Vivi 4*
Golbez 3*
Chizuru 4*
Kefka 3*
Anzelm 3*
Luna 3*

& Wedge, Biggs and Terra from my treasure box.

Not sure why I got doubles of Golbex and Chizuru but would people suggest re rolling?

Lyrian

I finally defeated Europa. I switched my unit that had Barathundra for another heal/a character with raise. There were a few times where I got unlucky and it landed 3 hits on Lasswell and Terra but luckily with ATK down and cheer they were able to survive. I can't wait to get the new rod. :)

Even sweeter in the short-term.... laughing at INT-D-1 all the way to the bank for the very low hanging fruit of 500 more free lapis. Laughably easy, after Europa.

bonkeng

Shantotto 3*
Chizuru 4*
Cecil 5*
Golbez 3*
Vivi 4*
Golbez 3*
Chizuru 4*
Kefka 3*
Anzelm 3*
Luna 3*

Not sure why I got doubles of Golbex and Chizuru but would people suggest re rolling?

That's a very good roll.

Chizuru hits like a train, and you got 2 of her.

Cecil will eventually become the best tank in the game.

Kefka's a great mage.

Golbez, Vivi and Shantoto are serviceable mages.

Luna has good TM.

You're team is already future proof. Enjoy the game.

Shantotto 3*
Chizuru 4*
Cecil 5*
Golbez 3*
Vivi 4*
Golbez 3*
Chizuru 4*
Kefka 3*
Anzelm 3*
Luna 3*

That's a great pull, so definitely keep it. Cecil and Chizuru are top tier and Kefka is a great mage.

zeitgeist

That's a great pull, so definitely keep it. Cecil and Chizuru are top tier and Kefka is a great mage.

Yes! Thank god I don't have to reroll. I really didn't feel like it and I really wanted to keep Vivi and Shantotto.

Do you obtain more summon tickets in the game too? And is Lapis generally only used for more summoning too?

And should I do anything with my 5k friend points?

CCIE

Banned
Wow, the drop rate on the Cactuars turned to garbage... I usually get 3-4 gigantaurs in two runs, and I got a whopping two.

What the hell is the MAG level for barthundara and barfira, it's saying a 5* Kefka and Golbez have an insufficient MAG level. Is it green magic or white?

GOD DAMNIT GREEN MAGIC who can learn leave 3 green magic lol

Althane

Yes! Thank god I don't have to reroll. I really didn't feel like it and I really wanted to keep Vivi and Shantotto.

Do you obtain more summon tickets in the game too? And is Lapis generally only used for more summoning too?

And should I do anything with my 5k friend points?

1) Yes, you get them from daily rewards, and you can buy 11 for 5k Lapis.

2) Lapis is used for expanding box spaces, and there's a lot of boxes. Equipment, cards, materials, items... each one costs 100 lapis to add +5 space to.

3) Depends on events. Good one going on right now for Cactuars and Snappers. Otherwise, you can just hold onto them for the most part.

Vivi and Shantotto rock, btw. I have a Vivi, and my wife has a Shantotto. Bringing them both in wrecks face with elemental weaknesses.

CCIE

Banned
That is green magic. It's the main reason I'm using Fina for harder content - she can equip L3 green magic. And it will definitely be necessary against the Devil Chimera for instance

hitmon

Is it possible to craft the barrage skill or is it only available on certain characters? If it is craftable where can I get the recipe?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom