• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT| Classic sprite-based JRPG goodness [UP] Global launch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Azuran

Banned
Just noticed the levels for LB from a post earlier.

Is it easier to level it up when our characters are 3* or 4* vs 5*/6*?

Oh, is it because at 3* the max to level is 10 where as 4* it's 15? maybe 20 for 5* and 25 for 6*?

Guess I need to start grinding LB on my new account before I upgrade their *.

The amount of times you need to use an LB to level up increases as you rank up. That means it's a lot more time consuming to even reach level 2 on a 5* unit.

MKAllDay

Gah so much I want to do with energy now.

-Cactaur event
-Farm mats to 4* my ExDeath
-Get Fina

Lapis for energy is one of the bad exchanges, right? lol

If there were a time to exchange Lapis for energy, it would be during useful, limited time events like this. That being said, I still would refrain from doing so.

CCIE

Banned
So to power play the game you would endlessly grind the Earth Temple at the start of the game to get your LB up, then go on with the game? How incredibly dull that would be. I'd have probably quit out of the gate between that and re-rolling

So to power play the game you would endlessly grind the Earth Temple at the start of the game to get your LB up, then go on with the game? How incredibly dull that would be. I'd have probably quit out of the gate between that and re-rolling

Yeah, I feel you there. I'd probably burn myself out if I was doing those crazy grinds for stuff like limit breaks and trust. Thankfully there will be LB pots in the future to level them up faster like there are trust moogles for trust.

Lyrian

Not worth in in 99% percent of cases. Generally speaking, level breaks scale up rather poorly in power for the effort involved.

There will be consumables that will be eventually released that level up limit breaks. Leveling them up manually is both an exercise in insanity and futility.

Not worth in in 99% percent of cases. Generally speaking, level breaks scale up rather poorly in power for the effort involved.

There will be consumables that will be eventually released that level up limit breaks. Leveling them up manually is both an exercise in insanity and futility.

LBs are a nice bonus, but grinding the right TMs is insanely good. And also insanely boring. No thank you!

scarlet

Lucky win

HQonHMd.png

Dreavus

what's the best way to handle fusing? fuse as many ''material units" as you can at a low base unit level?

Yeah, because the price is determined by what level the base unit is. So if you meld like 5 cactaurs on to a level 1 guy you'll get a big jump with barely any cost.

Lyrian

Took my freshly minted level 80s and promptly delivered revengence upon both the White Dragon and Europa.

It really has been a good day, today.

chrono01

So I've been re-rolling for fun, while the tickets are still valid, and I got hit with a nice account:

Exdeath (4*)
Cloud of Darkness (3*)
Chizuru (4*)
Kefka (3*)

Considering my main account only has a 3* Exdeath and 3* Terra, I'm conflicted.

Lyrian

Wait, should I be putting Cactaurs into a L1, and then that L1 into the one I want to level?

What is the context here?

Are you planning on keeping the units that you are feeding or selling them for gil?

If you are keeping the unit, feed the cactaurs directly to the unit.
If you are selling a 1* unit, feed a baby cactaur to it to max it out at level 15 and then sell it. (Sale price of a unit is directly dependent upon its level)

scarlet

So I've been re-rolling for fun, while the tickets are still valid, and I got hit with a nice account:

Exdeath (4*)
Cloud of Darkness (3*)
Chizuru (4*)
Kefka (3*)

Go with this one while there's still cactuar event

Exdeath (4*)
Cloud of Darkness (3*)
Chizuru (4*)
Kefka (3*)

Does it even matter? Based on how ExviusGAF has been posting, every single commenter here will be rerolling for Lightning so just take what u like for now

chrono01

Go with this one while there's still cactuar event
I might just do that. I wasn't too far into my other account (just entered the second island), so I don't really mind starting over.

Does it even matter? Based on how ExviusGAF has been posting, every single commenter here will be rerolling for Lightning so just take what u like for now
I'm planning on trying to re-roll for her too, but I wanted to get a nice account as a fail-safe in-case I fail to get Lightning (or I just give up, with all of the single pulls per re-roll), haha. I'm patient, just not sure if I'm THAT patient...

Edit: So, I've decided to play this account (and settle finally, I never really felt content with my first account, since Exdeath was my only GREAT unit) and try re-rolling for Lightning when she arrives. If I can manage to get her, great! If not, I'll stay with this account and just progress forward. I'm not sure if it's worth trading 2-4 STRONG characters for a single Lightning or not...but it's Lightning. :/

Anyway, feel free to add me! I'm currently leveling my Chizuru and Exdeath now (via the Cactuar Dunes), so they should hit Level 60 soon enough. My ID is: 367,476,528, feel free to add me! Now that I have an account I'm more comfortable with, I should be more active. Never was happy with my first account. Exdeath is great, but I literally had nothing else. Well, maybe Terra...

NomarTyme

Made room for one. I drop people pretty quick if they don't play for more than a day.

Gaffer get first priority!

824 - 856 - 420

I'm guessing that's from battles. A few times a week I'll do a few Multi-Summons because it won't let me accept any FP received from friends when reach the FP Cap.
Heh, that is a pleasant problem.

chrono01

Made room for one. I drop people pretty quick if they don't play for more than a day.

Gaffer get first priority!

824 - 856 - 420
Sent you a FR (name is Chrono).

BTW, why aren't I receiving any random battles? I just did two exploration maps and ran through the whole thing, not a single battle (aside form the boss). Anyone else experiencing this?

NomarTyme

Sent you a FR (name is Chrono).

BTW, why aren't I receiving any random battles? I just did two exploration maps and ran through the whole thing, not a single battle (aside form the boss). Anyone else experiencing this?
I got ya!

Seems like you got some sort of glitch. You should just restart the app.

chrono01

I got ya!

Seems like you got some sort of glitch. You should just restart the app.
Thanks, will do!

I'll try running another map in a few more minutes and run another Cactuar dungeon. I'm close to leveling and want to make the most of my stamina, haha.

Here's hoping the reset fixed it.

Edit: Reset fixed it. \o/

UrSuLeTzU

Just destroyed Europa. Only got 2 paralyzes going with Shadow(he also stole a farplane soul, lol) the whole fight but Roselia is just a beast healer and my Exdeath, Vivi and Lasswell(he really hits like a truck now and he's only 65) made short work of it.

The worst thing about being away for nearly 3 weeks is you still get sent FP and when you go to collect all the game crashes so you have to manually accept it all.

I also did a ticket pull and got a 3* Kefka. Nice to get a featured character in only one attempt as well...

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Reached my first goal - max lvl Chizuru - BarrAge is here.
I might just do that. I wasn't too far into my other account (just entered the second island), so I don't really mind starting over.

I'm planning on trying to re-roll for her too, but I wanted to get a nice account as a fail-safe in-case I fail to get Lightning (or I just give up, with all of the single pulls per re-roll), haha. I'm patient, just not sure if I'm THAT patient...

Edit: So, I've decided to play this account (and settle finally, I never really felt content with my first account, since Exdeath was my only GREAT unit) and try re-rolling for Lightning when she arrives. If I can manage to get her, great! If not, I'll stay with this account and just progress forward. I'm not sure if it's worth trading 2-4 STRONG characters for a single Lightning or not...but it's Lightning. :/

Anyway, feel free to add me! I'm currently leveling my Chizuru and Exdeath now (via the Cactuar Dunes), so they should hit Level 60 soon enough. My ID is: 367,476,528, feel free to add me! Now that I have an account I'm more comfortable with, I should be more active. Never was happy with my first account. Exdeath is great, but I literally had nothing else. Well, maybe Terra...
Congrats on that new account - really great selection you have there. Just accepted your FR.

Also I can see why only Ex-Death on a beginner account could be a bit lackluster. Having 1-2 strong physical attackers makes running through the earlier dungeons much faster, just equip them with best weapon and auto through heh.

And the new Chimera Boss can be troublesome with only strong Mages... Unless your Ex-Death/Kefka is already really OP.

Is there anyway to "respec" Espers?
No, so you better plan you moves ahead before wasting your skill points.

chrono01

Congrats on that new account - really great selection you have there. Just accepted your FR.

Also I can see why only Ex-Death on a beginner account could be a bit lackluster. Having 1-2 strong physical attackers makes running through the earlier dungeons much faster, just equip them with best weapon and auto through heh.

And the new Chimera Boss can be troublesome with only strong Mages... Unless your Ex-Death/Kefka is already really OP.
Thanks.

I'm only a little ways in, but I can already find everything a lot more easier/smoother. It's nice having a variation between types, and not a Mage-heavy team (like my last account). Two physical (Chizuru and CoD) and two Mages (Exdeath and Kefka). Now I just need Fina and I'm all set!

I definitely feel better about this account than my last one. So, if anyone has me on their Friend List from last time (Chrono, with an Exdeath leader), feel free to remove him. He longer exists. Well, he does, but he's not playing that particular account anymore, haha.

I'm not fucking around. Biggs/wedge are hungry and I'm feeling bored so I just might feed them.
Oh, absolutely. Seems like a great idea!

No, please. Don't!

Rixa

I'm not fucking around. Biggs/wedge are hungry and I'm feeling bored so I just might feed them.
Obviously this game is not for you :p
My ID is: 367,476,528, feel free to add me! Now that I have an account I'm more comfortable with, I should be more active. Never was happy with my first account. Exdeath is great, but I literally had nothing else. Well, maybe Terra...
Yup FR sent. Ill delete your old acco when its been idle enough.

LBs are a nice bonus, but grinding the right TMs is insanely good. And also insanely boring. No thank you!
Yeah Iam not worried about LB at all. Definetly not going to raise it by grinding. I have something else to grind :p.

Grats :) Enjoy my semi okish Exdeath while it lasts...

After 9 days:

I kicked idle people, feel free to send me FR, Ill accept them so long I have room.

Xion86

Woohoo killed the White Dragon :D only Rain died. Wasted a Phoenix Down though :( (where can you get more again?).

Demon Chimera seems too tough for me right now though!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom