• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT| Classic sprite-based JRPG goodness [UP] Global launch

Status
Not open for further replies.

CCIE

Banned
Not cartable skill. Barrage is Luna's Trust Reward though. Only way to obtain it in current content from what I can tell

fester

Banned
Anyone here experiment with switching back and forth between iOS and Android? I read a while ago that lapis doesn't transfer over, but what about everything else?

Anyone here experiment with switching back and forth between iOS and Android? I read a while ago that lapis doesn't transfer over, but what about everything else?
Only lapis I think bc thats handled server side
I have so much good TMs to grind, especially Zidane's, hope we'll see our first trust moogles soon.
Anyone seen this yet? Found from reddit, don't think this is against ToS bc it's an OS feature https://youtu.be/USgwqnEsoE4

chrono01

Yup FR sent. Ill delete your old acco when its been idle enough.
Thanks (to both yourself and others that have added me)!

Unfortunately, I'm already at my max friend cap (that was fast). I'll add the rest of you as soon as I can. Would any of you recommend spending Lapis to increase any of my slots (characters/item/friend/etc.) or not? I'm not sure how constant the friend cap increase while leveling is.

The hell.. the ONE time I get "Amazing Success" and it was feeding a small Cactaur to a 1* unit for gil.
This happens to me in so many gatcha games. It's frustrating. :(

Honestly you get enough 2 star units from FP summon I would skip 1 stars. Use one small cactuar on a 2 star, even without any fusion bonus you'll still get like 10k gil. Saves you a large cactuar for a real unit.
Thanks for this. I've been having gil issues, so this should help me quite a bit.

This event ends tomorrow night right
I'll miss the metal cactuar. :(

You know I didn't realize that Golbez's level 80 trait is a 30% boost for your Espers parameters which in turn boost the bonus you get from them. Always thought it was a boost to Espers powers themselves, which is wonderful lol

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
I love the event because just in 2-3 days my friendlist got a lot more potent...good to see people leveling up their Top Units - even if they are still lower ranked.

Sadly i didnt have the evo materials the awaken my Mage units this time....but i got Chi to 5* and Kain/Edgar to 4* so farming Exploration stages will already be easier. Especially since i have a bunch of beefed up Ex-Death/Kefka friends now as well.
My app crashes 100% of the time when I use the "return to town" stone in the farplane area.

Bah.

Happens to me as well - just use the Menu ---> Home function its faster anyway.
You know I didn't realize that Golbez's level 80 trait is a 30% boost for your Espers parameters which in turn boost the bonus you get from them. Always thought it was a boost to Espers powers themselves, which is wonderful lol
Oh..so thats how it works ? Thought this was about the damage from a summoned Esper. Does Rydia skill work the same or is it different ?

DPtheGod

I've had this downloaded since launch, and just started playing last night to ensure I got my pre-registration rewards. The game is actually pretty fun, but I feel the story is so... Final Fantasy, I guess. Not like it's a bad thing, but I was hoping for something a little more unique, I guess. Liking it so far though.

After I spend my 10 rare summon tickets I got for the pre-registration, how easy is it to obtain rare summon tickets in-game? Or, is it only via microtransactions?

I've had this downloaded since launch, and just started playing last night to ensure I got my pre-registration rewards. The game is actually pretty fun, but I feel the story is so... Final Fantasy, I guess. Not like it's a bad thing, but I was hoping for something a little more unique, I guess. Liking it so far though.

After I spend my 10 rare summon tickets I got for the pre-registration, how easy is it to obtain rare summon tickets in-game? Or, is it only via microtransactions?
If u login 7 days a week, you'll get a free ticket based on the calendar prizes but u can reroll your account til the 18th to try and get what u want. Check the first post for details

Faenix1

Hopefully it won't take me long to get Fina and awaken her and Exdeath.

Got so many Gigantaurs waiting I had to start feeding all my unwanted units and selling them lol. (Chizuru is now level 72, she started 5*)

Dreavus

Wish there was an Esper respec. I've just made them stat monsters but not sure if that's best (siren is MAG ifrit is ATK). Seems alright, and the unlocked skills didn't look that great from what I could see.

It's been working fine but I do like having the option to redo it :(

DPtheGod

If u login 7 days a week, you'll get a free ticket based on the calendar prizes but u can reroll your account til the 18th to try and get what u want. Check the first post for details

Thanks for the info! I'll check out the re-rolling! Did you do it? It seems like it's very time consuming. Curious on how rewarding the ROI is.

CCIE

Banned
Starting to get a little pissed with the cactuar event. I'm getting shit for the last half of a day now. They must have adjusted the drop rates

Faenix1

I've followed the advice of 15 energy one only and it's working out pretty good,

Wish there was an Esper respec. I've just made them stat monsters but not sure if that's best (siren is MAG ifrit is ATK). Seems alright, and the unlocked skills didn't look that great from what I could see.

I've avoided spending my SP because I won't want to screw up. We need a respec option. :(

Siren is the worst summon so u don't have to worry about her but Ifrit is like the best so far so u should prolly look at a skill chart bc u are prolly going to want Raging Fist and the slayers in his *2
Thanks for the info! I'll check out the re-rolling! Did you do it? It seems like it's very time consuming. Curious on how rewarding the ROI is.
I did. I beat the game and then chizuru came out so I said why not. Only rerolled like 3 times and got some decent characters. If u see yourself playing alot I'd say reroll bc u may regret it when u can't in 2 days.
U actually can still reroll it's just u will be missing the 10 ticket bonus

Dreavus

Siren is the worst summon so u don't have to worry about her but Ifrit is like the best so far so u should prolly look at a skill chart bc u are prolly going to want Raging Fist and the slayers in his *2

I did. I beat the game and then chizuru came out so I said why not. Only rerolled like 3 times and got some decent characters. If u see yourself playing alot I'd say reroll bc u may regret it when u can't in 2 days.
U actually can still reroll it's just u will be missing the 10 ticket bonus

I didn't even know they had a 2 star form, can you preview it in the game anywhere? Gah

Rixa

Thanks (to both yourself and others that have added me)!

Unfortunately, I'm already at my max friend cap (that was fast). I'll add the rest of you as soon as I can. Would any of you recommend spending Lapis to increase any of my slots (characters/item/friend/etc.) or not? I'm not sure how constant the friend cap increase while leveling is.

You should definitely raise Friendslots cause max is 30 at 20 level and you wont get more unless you spend Lapis (100 = 5 slots).
You should also raise your Material slots to 75ish. This way you dont need to wonder what to sell and what to keep, rather you can keep 1 stack of almost everything.
Keep some Lapis always at hand if you need to quickly raise slots (100 Lapis = 5 slots).

Iam thinking that I burn 100-200 Lapis tomorrow for NRG and use it to TM farming, cause it still is FP event.
Starting to get a little pissed with the cactuar event. I'm getting shit for the last half of a day now. They must have adjusted the drop rates

Last time this event was on. I used all my NRG (outside of dailies) + had 6x nrg potion in Messages for the event. I didnt get 3 Jumbos at all, best was 2+1 normal. This time I only run daily 3 times and sofar 0x3 Jumbos.
First time Cactuars were in beta, I got multiple 3x Jumbo runs, its all about RNG.

I didn't even know they had a 2 star form, can you preview it in the game anywhere? Gah
Type in an esper in the exviuswikia
You should definitely raise Friendslots cause max is 30 at 20 level and you wont get more unless you spend Lapis (100 = 5 slots).
You should also raise your Material slots to 75ish. This way you dont need to wonder what to sell and what to keep, rather you can keep 1 stack of almost everything.
Keep some Lapis always at hand if you need to quickly raise slots (100 Lapis = 5 slots).

Iam thinking that I burn 100-200 Lapis tomorrow for NRG and use it to TM farming, cause it still is FP event.

Last time this event was on. I used all my NRG (outside of dailies) + had 6x nrg potion in Messages for the event. I didnt get 3 Jumbos at all, best was 2+1 normal. This time I only run daily 3 times and sofar 0x3 Jumbos.
First time Cactuars were in beta, I got multiple 3x Jumbo runs, its all about RNG.
FP TMR aren't a rush and imo is a waste of lapiz bc nothing in the game is even worth using lapis for NRG. There will be plenty of FP events anyway I mean we are already getting a new one monday

Rixa

FP TMR aren't a rush and imo is a waste of lapiz bc nothing in the game is even worth using lapis for NRG. There will be plenty of FP events anyway I mean we are already getting a new one monday

Yes its rush for me, the faster I get it done the better. I have played BE now over 2 months and to use 100 or 200 Lapis isnt really a big deal (my nrg max is now 53). Plan is not to do this again after TMs are 100% hopefully this will take less than 6 weeks from today.

Either I grind rank / Espers or TM. I chose to grind TM atm.

chrono01

Sounds good, will do! Thanks.

Ragnaroz

LOL, just managed to beat White Dragon on my first try. Leo and Garland reduced his atk and def, Exdeath reduced his resistances, then Leo paralyzed him, and all that time Chizuru was whailing on him(she doesnt even have Barrage yet). Took only 5 turns and now my Chizuru has Murasame. :D

After that I got cocky, tried to kill Chimera and got promptly deleted on the 2nd turn. xD

leehom

When you acquire skills on your espers, does it effect the character your esper is on as well? For example, when I learn the +10 attack. Does that go to my esper or my esper and character?

chrono01

When you acquire skills on your espers, does it effect the character your esper is on as well? For example, when I learn the +10 attack. Does that go to my esper or my esper and character?
I'm pretty sure it affects both your esper as well as the character your esper is linked to, but someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Azuran

Banned
My Bartz just learned Barrage

goI1oYG.gif

A couple of more level ups and I'm coming for you White Dragon!

NomarTyme

My Bartz just learned Barrage

goI1oYG.gif

A couple of more level ups and I'm coming for you White Dragon!
Congratz!
You can beat the shit out of White dragon with poison and para.

Yes, but very minimal! only carry over 1% of Esper overall attack stats. Best spend it on Skills instead of stats, but still level them up! Especially Ifrit(For attack) and Shiva(Attack Magic)

CCIE

Banned
They definitely dropped the rates today. Yesterday, I was pulled NG two gigantaurs a round, and now it's seem to get one at the most. Disappointing

I noticed it shows metal cactuars in the FP summon picture, should I be blowing all my friend points right now to try and get them? If so, single summon at a time? or Multi?

Seeing everyone post their roll makes me wonder if mine was good enough to have kept. The roll I ended up sticking with gave me a 4 star ExDeath and a 4 star Kefka. I've been using a 4 star Bedile but it's obvious I'm going to replace him eventually. Apparently I have a 4 star Maria, is she a better option for the fifth character? I was expecting Fina to be a healer and holding out for her but not sure when I'll get her.

I feel like I should be summoning more characters and hoping for a Vaan or Bartz but I've been hording my lapiz for new characters thinking ExDeath and Kefka will be good enough. Opinions? I read it's good to keep Rain and Lessitz for whatever his name is because they can get to 6 stars so I haven't been concerned with replacing them although I need to increase their star rank at some point. Thanks to this cactuar event I just maxed out ExDeath's level so now I just need to get the mats to ascend him to 5 stars. I'm working on leveling Kefka with the giant cactuars now, should be able to max him out before the event ends I expect.

Faenix1

Seeing everyone post their roll makes me wonder if mine was good enough to have kept. The roll I ended up sticking with gave me a 4 star ExDeath and a 4 star Kefka. I've been using a 4 star Bedile but it's obvious I'm going to replace him eventually. Apparently I have a 4 star Maria, is she a better option for the fifth character? I was expecting Fina to be a healer and holding out for her but not sure when I'll get her.

From my understanding Maria is a good healer until you get Fina, which seems to be farther in the story than I hoped.

leehom

Fighting against the demon chimera w/old account validated why I needed a new account. Old account couldn't even get him to half hp before I would get owned by him. When I max out my chars on my new account, he should be killable.

Synless

I can't leave that crystal realm where that sword is. The game crashes everytime I try to return to town, it's bullshit.

Lyrian

They definitely dropped the rates today. Yesterday, I was pulled NG two gigantaurs a round, and now it's seem to get one at the most. Disappointing

It's RNG.

I've had more than my fair share of "worst" possible outcomes from the Dunes, just as much as rolling 3 Jumbo Megataurs (the best and rarest outcome).

Anecdotally, the bad spawn for first two floors feels like somewhere between 30-40% for each floor.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
so yeah, that just happened:
Sabin (4*)
Bartz
Garland

Kefka
Rydia
Golbez
Golbez
Maria
Rydia (4*)
Cloud of Darkness

I wasn't paying attention when I logged in and overwrote this account by syncing my normal facebook to my phone. :X

Back to rerolling. X_X

Dreavus

Sacred crystals are from the chamber of awakening right? It seems every single character needs them to get to 4* or 5*.

Won't stop doing cactaurs, but I'm running out of characters I want to dump EXP into without needing to awaken them D:

Don't want to expand my unit capacity TOO big.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom