• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT| Classic sprite-based JRPG goodness [UP] Global launch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lyrian

Sacred crystals are from the chamber of awakening right? It seems every single character needs them to get to 4* or 5*.

Won't stop doing cactaurs, but I'm running out of characters I want to dump EXP into without needing to awaken them D:

Don't want to expand my unit capacity TOO big.

Correct, INT difficulty.

And, yes, practically every character needs them in one form or another for awakenings.

I'd stockpile at least a fair number of the Jumbo cactuars. Small and mediums aren't worth it, but I would definitely expand by unit inventory if needed to essentially hold an automatic 5* level 80 (or 2) the next time you roll a solid card. Who knows when the next time this event will roll around again?

Lyrian

I think my game is bugged. Fought in the castle over 30x and haven't fought one Hill Gigas yet....

They only spawn on the top floor with the boss, and they have a seriously low spawn rate (and only 2 attempts to spawn per run). I would say that running the correct floor, their spawn rate might be around once every 8 to 10 runs, if I remember right. PITA quest, but their is definitely a worse one than this quest on the second isle.

leehom

They only spawn on the top floor with the boss, and they have a seriously low spawn rate (and only 2 attempts to spawn per run). I would say that running the correct floor, their spawn rate might be around once every 8 to 10 runs, if I remember right. PITA quest, but their is definitely a worse one than this quest on the second isle.

Top floor? The guide says floor one and two :(

Heng

I wasn't paying attention when I logged in and overwrote this account by syncing my normal facebook to my phone. :X

Back to rerolling. X_X
awBvieZ.jpg
You can have this account if you want. Exdeath and Vaan and are only 3 stars though.

You've got until the end of day tomorrow, Pacific time.

Now, roll a Great/Amazing feeding 5 of them for true bliss.

I think it's more efficient to do 1 at a time, you're basically guaranteed to get at least one Great Success that way, so the totally XP will on average be higher than feeding everything at once and hoping for a Great/Amazing.

chrono01

Amazing Success on 5x Giant Cactuar. Feels good, feels really good.

I love these Cactuar Dunes! I have my Chizuru (4*) at 60/60, Cloud of Darkness (3*) 40/40, and my Exdeath (4*) at 52/60 (he was the guy I got the Amazing Success on). I literally started last night. Once I finish off Exdeath, I'll focus on Kefka and Fina. Then, when everyone is max level (on their current evolution), I'll evolve Chizuru and work hard on getting her to max level (need that Barrage).

Do these Cactuar Dune events happen often? It's going to be difficult going back to standard exploration/Vortex grinding after this. :(

Caim

Amazing Success on 5x Giant Cactuar. Feels good, feels really good.

I love these Cactuar Dunes! I have my Chizuru (4*) at 60/60, Cloud of Darkness (3*) 40/40, and my Exdeath (4*) at 52/60 (he was the guy I got the Amazing Success on). I literally started last night. Once I finish off Exdeath, I'll focus on Kefka and Fina. Then, when everyone is max level (on their current evolution), I'll evolve Chizuru and work hard on getting her to max level (need that Barrage).

Do these Cactuar Dune events happen often? It's going to be difficult going back to standard exploration/Vortex grinding after this. :(

Nice! & From what I've heard these events are few and far between.

Zafir

The only time I've gotten Great Success today, is the two times I just used one small Cactuar each to get Golbez and Vaan to max level...

Feels bad.

Folstern

Conclusion: Both are tanks, Cecil more focused in defense and support, WoL more focused in offense.

Both seem like powerhouses at 6*. Glad to see that the devs have decided on making characters unique instead of simply having to upgrade through the gacha.

One of the main reasons why Cecil is so liked is his actually useful LB (AoE 3 Turn +74% ATK/DEF/SPR when it is fully leveled.)

It's also why everyone pulling Cecil now and leveling him up to 5* without maxing his LB first are 'ruining' him, since it'll be muchmuchmuch harder to level up his LB once he is 5*.

This saddens me because I have almost already maxxed out Cecil in his 5* form. These games are one giant grind anyways so I suppose it isn't too much of a loss if I'm using him for the next 6 months at least anyways.

Have Kefka and CoD maxxed but hoping I can get Firion and Cecil done by the end of tomorrow. Might just be possible with the right luck and some Amazing Successes...

Lyrian

I'm using that kungpao guide :D

3. Road to the Colosseum

You can find Hill Gigas at Granshelt Castle First and Second Floor.

Guess they're wrong.

From personal experiences with the quest, I can't remember ever seeing a gigas spawn on the first two levels of the dungeon (which match up with your experiences). I've only seen them on the top level of the dungeon.

chrono01

Nice! & From what I've heard these events are few and far between.
Thanks, I guess I'll try to take advantage of them now as much as I can before it leaves. Given my low amount of stamina, I'm trying to work in my runs with ranking up, but it's working out decently so far.

Here's hoping, in the future, they're not too rare for us.

Man, it's brutal only having 23 NRG. Really limiting how often I can do the cactuar event and I don't want to waste my energy on anything else while this event goes so I basically can't play much today :p I did do the dailies though.

Top floor? The guide says floor one and two :(

That's false that he only appears in the throne room. I believe it's floor two that I've found him the most frequently. He just doesn't spawn every pass unfortunately. Just keep doing it and you'll get him. Hmm seeing a few people saying only throne room for them but pretty sure it was floor 2 for me.

Lyrian

I think it's more efficient to do 1 at a time, you're basically guaranteed to get at least one Great Success that way, so the totally XP will on average be higher than feeding everything at once and hoping for a Great/Amazing.

This is true, but there is a tradeoff involved. Feeding them one at a time raises the unit's level, which makes each subsequent next cactaur more expensive to fuse.

In the end, it is indeed more risky to feed all 5 at once (and bumming out with a normal feed), but at the benefit of being less costly for all 5 feeds. On the other hand, if a great or amazing is rolled, the outcome is much better than the one-at-a-time method.

Risk vs. reward and all that mumbo jumbo....

CCIE

Banned
I've seen the Hill Gigas on the second floor, I think. I actually ran into one before getting the quest the first time through on the way to Grandshelt. Anyone seen the FFBE wiki app? There are six or so characters there we haven't seen in Global but makes me hopeful they are coming soon. Maybe next week since there is maintenance on Monday. Though I hope they do spread them out. I have a ton of Awakening materials to farm next week.

Never saw a response to my question about FP summons. Can we get metal cactuar this way right now while the event is going? Should I be blowing all my FP to do so? Also, better to do multi or single?

chrono01

Never saw a response to my question about FP summons. Can we get metal cactuar this way right now while the event is going? Should I be blowing all my FP to do so? Also, better to do multi or single?
You can get Cactuar now via FP summons, as well as Gil Snappers (to sell for gil). It's worth spending your FP, since they're traditionally for events such as this.

Single or multi doesn't matter, either give you the same chances. I multi-pull, since it's faster.

You can get Cactuar now via FP summons, as well as Gil Snappers (to sell for gil). It's worth spending your FP, since they're traditionally for events such as this.

Single or multi doesn't matter, either give you the same chances. I multi-pull, since it's faster.

thanks!

From personal experiences with the quest, I can't remember ever seeing a gigas spawn on the first two levels of the dungeon (which match up with your experiences). I've only seen them on the top level of the dungeon.
It's probably insanely rare. I'm pretty sure when I first did the stage months ago, I had one show up in the first wave of the first level.

Of course, that was before I had the quest so it didn't count. I ended up grinding the boss stage for the quest. :/

MrDaravon

Okay, finally started the game up on my new phone. I'm already logged in on my FB account partially because I forgot about the re-rolling thing and partially because whatever honestly. I've looked into the game a bit and some FAQs but a lot of it doesn't make sense yet since I'm only Rank 3, but I do have just two quick questions:

-What exactly is up with friend point summons? I'm assuming these are lower-ranked 2/3* units or something along those lines? Should I just be burning these whenever? I've got 5k friend points right now from the milestone bonus stuff.

-Since I'm not doing the re-rolling thing should I spend any of my 10 summon tickets right now then or?

There's a lot going on in this game, I managed to get through the first few battles before on an emulator but it ran super super bad so I gave up until I just got this new phone, I'm trying to just remember how battles and stuff work lol.

chrono01

For the cactuar event, are you guys grinding INT or ADV?
As mentioned, do the 15 stamina one. It's well worth it.

Okay, finally started the game up on my new phone. I'm already logged in on my FB account partially because I forgot about the re-rolling thing and partially because whatever honestly. I've looked into the game a bit and some FAQs but a lot of it doesn't make sense yet since I'm only Rank 3, but I do have just two quick questions:

-What exactly is up with friend point summons? I'm assuming these are lower-ranked 2/3* units or something along those lines? Should I just be burning these whenever? I've got 5k friend points right now from the milestone bonus stuff.

-Since I'm not doing the re-rolling thing should I spend any of my 10 summon tickets right now then or?

There's a lot going on in this game, I managed to get through the first few battles before on an emulator but it ran super super bad so I gave up until I just got this new phone, I'm trying to just remember how battles and stuff work lol.
You might as well use your FP now, for Cactuar/Gil Snappers. Generally, they're saved for events such as this, as the characters you get from them are largely useless (unless you want to max them for their Trust Mastery Rewards or, when max'd, as gil fodder by selling them).

If you've just begun playing, it's easily worth using your ten free tickets to summon, so you have a team to work through the story content. If you're really serious about it, and don't mind using a dummy Facebook account (since you've already tied your current save file to your primary), you can use your current account as the "re-roll" one, and continually log in/out until you get something good with your ten tickets (or multiple good units). When you do, just tie it to your new/dummy Facebook account and off you go! Now is a great time to re-roll, since you essentially get ten free summons. You only have a little more than a day before it ends though, so if you're interested you better start now.

qcf x2

I'm tempted to swap my magic keys for lapis. I know they're single use but are the items you get with them OP at all? I skimmed over the wiki today and it seemed like most of the stuff is mediocre.

My roster is ok (5* Garland, 4* Kefka & Shantotto, working on getting Vivi, Fina and Rydia to 4*) but I'm envious of the Chizurus on my friends list. Then again, odds are I wont get her with my next roll. Maybe I should conserve lapis for the next event?

hitmon

ADV for sure. Guaranteed at least 1 Metal Gigantar, with the potential for 3 of them, is well worth the 15 NRG.

You might as well use your FP now, for Cactuar/Gil Snappers. Generally, they're saved for events such as this, as the characters you get from them are largely useless (unless you want to max them for their Trust Mastery Rewards or, when max'd, as fodder in leveling your units).

If you've just begun playing, it's easily worth using your ten free tickets to summon, so you have a team to work through the story content. If you're really serious about it, and don't mind using a dummy Facebook account (since you've already tied your current save file to your primary), you can use your current account as the "re-roll" one, and continually log in/out until you get something good with your ten tickets (or multiple good units). When you do, just tie it to your new/dummy Facebook account and off you go! Now is a great time to re-roll, since you essentially get ten free summons. You only have a little more than a day before it ends though, so if you're interested you better start now.

Thanks for confirming!

MrDaravon

You might as well use your FP now, for Cactuar/Gil Snappers. Generally, they're saved for events such as this, as the characters you get from them are largely useless (unless you want to max them for their Trust Mastery Rewards or, when max'd, as fodder in leveling your units).

Thanks! I don't think I'm gonna bother re-rolling to be honest, would rather just roll (ha) with whatever I get. Can't really be bothered, and if re-rolling was THAT necessary to complete content don't know that I'd even want to play the game lol. Skimming the reddit it seems like you can at least complete all story content without really having to do it. I hope I get Terra or one of my other favorite characters, but I'll just truck along with whatever I get.

I have other questions but don't feel like I'm far enough to articulate them well and will probably self-answer them shortly anyway lol. I'm in pretty much maintenance mode with FFRK so messing around with this to see if i like it, will say I really like the graphics/music, presentation is a bit busy for a mobile game but it works.

chrono01

Thanks! I don't think I'm gonna bother re-rolling to be honest, would rather just roll (ha) with whatever I get. Can't really be bothered, and if re-rolling was THAT necessary to complete content don't know that I'd even want to play the game lol. Skimming the reddit it seems like you can at least complete all story content without really having to do it. I hope I get Terra or one of my other favorite characters, but I'll just truck along with whatever I get.

I have other questions but don't feel like I'm far enough to articulate them well and will probably self-answer them shortly anyway lol. I'm in pretty much maintenance mode with FFRK so messing around with this to see if i like it, will say I really like the graphics/music, presentation is a bit busy for a mobile game but it works.
No worries man, do whatever you enjoy! I always go after as much "top-tier" characters as I can when starting out (if I feel that it's a title I'll be spending a lot of time with), but I completely respect your viewpoint as well. As it is now, the game is definitely manageable with the lower-tiered characters. Obviously, the future content will be easier with better characters, but you should gather them as you progress normally through the game anyway (unless you have really horrible luck).

Have fun out there.

NomarTyme

I'm tempted to swap my magic keys for lapis. I know they're single use but are the items you get with them OP at all? I skimmed over the wiki today and it seemed like most of the stuff is mediocre.

My roster is ok (5* Garland, 4* Kefka & Shantotto, working on getting Vivi, Fina and Rydia to 4*) but I'm envious of the Chizurus on my friends list. Then again, odds are I wont get her with my next roll. Maybe I should conserve lapis for the next event?

No the next crop is pretty mediocre, so save your lapis... again. When Lighting finally comes, then spend all your lapis.

Don't spend lapiz on keys. U can make keys and later on events will make it easier to obtain the materials for it so I wouldn't bother. Plus, theres absolutely nothing u should need to obtain rn. Not even silence blade, a staff can be obtained with a chance to silence
No the next crop is pretty mediocre, so save your lapis... again. When Lighting finally comes, then spend all your lapis.
Or Orlandu or Luneth or Gilgamesh ofc

NomarTyme

Don't spend lapiz on keys. U can make keys and later on events will make it easier to obtain the materials for it so I wouldn't bother. Plus, theres absolutely nothing u should need to obtain rn. Not even silence blade, a staff can be obtained with a chance to silence

Or Orlandu or Luneth or Gilgamesh ofc

And those too... I would kill to get one of those units!

MrDaravon

In the morning I'm going to read through this whole thread to try to get a grasp on things and not ask questions, but one quick one before I finish up for the night - I don't fully understand the Cactuar Dunes Vortex Dungeon. I'm only Rank 6 but I when I do the 15 energy one the enemies do like 100 damage to me if anything and otherwise just sit there and Taunt. Is this supposed to just be a complete freebie? I would have assumed there would be a presented difficulty rating for these or something like that.

Also I'm assuming the gil turtles and 1-3* metal cactuars can be used up for money/XP? If so is it better to run Cactuar Dunes or the actual XP dungeon in Vortex of Desires (which I haven't tried yet since I don't want to use Lapis to open it right now). Or is Vortex of Desires always available with it's various options and the Cactuar Dunes is a daily rotation one or something?

Edit: Oh also is it even possible to have enough character slots (?) to have one of every character, or is the game really all about fusing/dumping dudes into other ones? I used all of my FP on summons and got some gil turtles/cactuars but also got a lot of 1 and 2* units which I'm assuming are garbage, but having a max level King Giott really amuses me for some reason. Is that even practical, or with these 1-2* units is it really just get their Trust Mastery thing and dump them?

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
I do need a bit of help deciding what to do with Lapis.

After about my week of play, Lapis should be used for either saving up for the Rare Ticket Summon bundles or expanding how many you can hold(Specifically materials and possibly units/equipment down the line). Is this the correct train of thought?

Anyways, thanks to this wonderful weekend. My Fina, Kelfa, and Rain are all maxed 4*, Lasswell is maxed 3*, and Bartz is maxed 5*. So I'll be grinding mats for awakenings right after I stock up on my cactus. Going to fill my unit bundles to 50.

_woLf

In the morning I'm going to read through this whole thread to try to get a grasp on things and not ask questions, but one quick one before I finish up for the night - I don't fully understand the Cactuar Dunes Vortex Dungeon. I'm only Rank 6 but I when I do the 15 energy one the enemies do like 100 damage to me if anything and otherwise just sit there and Taunt. Is this supposed to just be a complete freebie? I would have assumed there would be a presented difficulty rating for these or something like that.

Also I'm assuming the gil turtles and 1-3* metal cactuars can be used up for money/XP? If so is it better to run Cactuar Dunes or the actual XP dungeon in Vortex of Desires (which I haven't tried yet since I don't want to use Lapis to open it right now). Or is Vortex of Desires always available with it's various options and the Cactuar Dunes is a daily rotation one or something?

Edit: Oh also is it even possible to have enough character slots (?) to have one of every character, or is the game really all about fusing/dumping dudes into other ones? I used all of my FP on summons and got some gil turtles/cactuars but also got a lot of 1 and 2* units which I'm assuming are garbage, but having a max level King Giott really amuses me for some reason. Is that even practical, or with these 1-2* units is it really just get their Trust Mastery thing and dump them?

Yes, the cactuar event is a freebie.

So (almost) every weekend gumi opens up a special event in the vertex. They are free xp (cactuars), free gil (turtles), and some other ones. You can generally expect one of each type per month, running for an entire weekend.

The four generic vortex options can be opened without using lapis. You can pick one per day to open for 21 (I think?) hours. They are nowhere near as good though. For example the xp one doesn't give the cactuars, you just get 30000xp for beating three rounds of baddies. The bonus to the cactuar event is you can walk away with 3 gigantuars which is 90k xp and you can control who it goes to since you enhance a unit with then rather than it just being combat unit xp based on your party.

In terms of having enough unit slots for every unit, no where close as far as I know. You won't want every unit anyway.

MrDaravon

Yes, the cactuar event is a freebie.

So (almost) every weekend gumi opens up a special event in the vertex. They are free xp (cactuars), free gil (turtles), and some other ones. You can generally expect one of each pet per month, running for an entire weekend.

The four generic vortex options can be opened without using lapis. You can pick one per day to open for 21 hours. They are nowhere near as good though. For example the xp one doesn't give the cactuars, you just get 30000xp for beating three rounds of baddies. The bonus to the cactuar event is you can walk away with 3 gigantuars which is 90k xp and you can control who it goes to since you enhance a unit with then rather than it just being combat unit xp based on your party.

In terms of having enough unit slots for every unit, no where close as far as I know. You won't want every unit anyway.

The generic vortex options are locked behind Lapis for me right now just because I chose the Cactuar Dunes as my first Vortex dungeon, so they're stuck behind the one per day thing without paying Lapis to unlock an additional dungeon.

The Cactuar Dunes being a weekend promotional thing makes sense, but I don't even understand why they have 3 different options for it when I literally just started the game and on the highest difficulty/15 energy option enemies do absolutely nothing to me, just seems weird. In the normal Vortex dungeons do enemies actually put up a fight?

Lyrian

In no particular order,

Gil Turtles = Cash; Cactaurs = XP for units

Cactaur Dunes - very limited time, rare-ish XP dungeon.

Vortex of Desires is always available; you get one choice per day of a sub-dungeon to unlock for farming purposes for free. Additional choices after the first in the same day are 100 lapis per choice (no real reason to do this).

Vortex of Experience and Cactaur Dunes are different in one key way. ADV Experience yields 30000 unit exp, which gets divided up amongst the party members (except friend helper). ADV Cactaur Dunes drops at worst 1 giant cactuar, worth 30000 unit xp to a single unit and possibly up to 3 giant cactaur (90000 xp). In addition, there is a possibility of rolling a great/amazing on a fuse, yield 1.5x or 2x the feed xp (which is not possible in Chamber of Experience).

Character slots - yes, but it costs you 100 lapis for every 5 slots over 50 units total.

FP units - good as "plugs" until you roll a better version of that character using lapis/tickets. A maxed out premium character will greatly outperform any FP unit. Only real reasons for keep FP units are : 1) collection purposes 2) to fuse with each other for trust mastery bonuses 3) to keep a set of 4-5 at 100% trust to farm trust bonus drops on completing explorations.

EDIT: Beaten by everyone to the punch.

_woLf

The generic vortex options are locked behind Lapis for me right now just because I chose the Cactuar Dunes as my first Vortex dungeon, so they're stuck behind the one per day thing without paying Lapis to unlock an additional dungeon.

The Cactuar Dunes being a weekend promotional thing makes sense, but I don't even understand why they have 3 different options for it when I literally just started the game and on the highest difficulty/15 energy option enemies do absolutely nothing to me, just seems weird. In the normal Vortex dungeons do enemies actually put up a fight?

Maybe the lapis thing is a level restriction...I can have one of any of the normal vortex options unlocked as well as the cactuar one. Huh.

And yeah I personally don't really know why there are three options for the cactuar event. I would assume its just to give people a chance to get something if they need to spend energy elsewhere, but the 5 and 10 ones aren't as good as the 15.

Yeah, the enemies in the normal vortex ones out up more of a fight...but they're still a cakewalk with a full party. The xp one for example is best to go into with just one party member so they can get all 30k xp for themselves, but it can be tough unless you have a friend unit with an attack over 200 at least.

Lyrian

All of the Vortexes are locked at first, which can cause confusion to a new player.

If all 4 of them are locked, then the first unlock is free (all the game asks for is a confirmation). Once unlocked, a 100 lapis symbol will appear on the 3 remaining vortexes and a timer will appear on the unlocked one counting down to the time that it re-locks (and then a new one can be chosen for free).

MrDaravon

All of the Vortexes are locked at first, which can cause confusion to a new player.

If all of them are locked, then the first unlock is free (all the game asks for a confirmation). Once unlocked, a 100 lapis symbol will appear on the 3 remaining vortexes and a timer will appear on the unlocked one counting down to the time that it re-locks (and then a new one can be chosen for free).

Oh okay that must have been the case for me, I did the Cactuar Dunes before even looking at the other option, then when I went in there all 4 were showing as locked so I assumed that was the 100 Lapis thing, my bad.

Thanks for all the answers everyone! Was trying to burn all the energy I kept getting while Cactuar Dunes was up (not sure if goes away tonight or tomorrow night) while also watching Evo SFV and trying to figure out what is going on in this game >_>. Plan on reading through the thread tomorrow and making progress in-game to get a better handle on things.

Lyrian

Is it confirmed yet which are the next characters being released?

Nothing officially announced yet, but a freshly datamined banner suggests that the next characters being released (perhaps on Monday) are Hayate, Locke, and Artemios (assuming you are talking about the global server).

MrDaravon

Still awake for some reason and half drunk so I used my 10 Summon Tickets, got:

3* Medius
4* Chizuru
3* Kefka
3* Kefka
3* Krile
3* Sabin
4* Cerius
4* Luna
3* Vivi
3* Vivi

Seems okayish? Game really wants me to have mages apparently. Skimming posts seems like Chizuru is pretty solid, and Kefka/Krile/Vivi are all at least okay?

I swear to god I'll stop asking questions soon, but:

-Already hit the Unit cap because of all these damn cactuars I have now; from what I'm reading it's apparently a waste to dump 1/2* cactuars into higher ranked units, so should I just dump those into the garbage 1/2* units I have to level them to sell, then dump my 3* cactuars into Chizuru/Krile/Kefka/Vivi I guess?

-Should I spend Lapis to do more Summons? Seems like Lapis is used for a ton of stuff, don't have a feel for that yet, but if the current character banner is potentially going away Monday I'd need to pull on this banner now I guess?

-Is there any difference between a pulled 5* Vivi and a 3* pulled one that you level up to 5*? Like any stat differences or anything that would make it not "worthwhile" to level up the lower ranked one potentially?

Finally finished BGN colo. Europa was quite easy. This cactuar event is really helping my team as normally leveling exdeath was a pain in the ass.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom