• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT| Classic sprite-based JRPG goodness [UP] Global launch

Status
Not open for further replies.

CCIE

Banned
I'll answer some of your questions - Chizuru is a fantastic unit, as is Kefka, and believe it or not Cerius. She will save your bacon on the harder content with her advanced elemental buffers. I had a roll with her, and I miss it after re-rolling Also for a Mage, can use an axe. Krile has dual cast at her max so another good unit.

CCIE

Banned
Also, you already pulled both Kefka and Chizuru so no need to pull again unless you want Golbez. The next banner will have higher rates for other characters. Save your Lapis for future Summons.

Dragner

Chizuru is the best unit in global right now (even better than Exdeath). I have her maxed and it is unreal the damage output this girl brings to the table. So its a great pull.

I already have maxed my main team and have like 10 big cactuars in reserve and a bunch of the mediums. I need more gils/units to level.

Idk if Its worth to level Terra or Kefka. Terra skillset is terrible but has arise...but content doesnt seem hard enough. Kefka has Hyperdrive that seems great.

Or maybe I should keep the cactuars for future pulls. Humm.

Nohar

I pretty much leveled up everyone to max level here (granted, I haven't that many great units). Still need 5 more levels for each member of the main trio, but I ran out of money.

Anyhow, I'll store lapis and tickets for future banners. Exdeath+Artemios seems rather interesting (Artemios has Barrage after all, but his equipment options are very restricted, so I'm not quite sure he is that good), and Bartz+Exdeath+Medius too.

Or I could just wait for Lightning and pray to RNGesus that I get her (I dislike the character, but if she is a good unit there is not point in being nitpicky... assuming I do roll her, which is not guaranteed. At all).

The really sad thing is that the only unit with an ability similar to Barrage in my team is Penelo... Meh. Her Sword Dance is actually more powerful than Barrage, but sadly she doesn't have great equipment options nor stats. Frankly, she is terrible.

Dragner

If you dislike Lightning you can always pull for Orlandu,Luneth or Gilgamesh. They are on the same powerlevel according to altema rankings. Im probably putting my tickets on Luneth banner unless they change it. It has Luneth, Refia and Arc. All premium units.

Kouriozan

I still have so much units to level, at least I should be able to max Garland and CoD before the Cactuar event ends.
My Chizuru also reached 308 attack, hope I'll manage to defeat the INT S-5 boss after this.

Can anyone from the JP game tell me how far the FF13 event was from the FF3 event?

Everyones ready to pop their lapiz load off for Lightning but I feel much closer to FF3 bc that was the first DS game I really sunk into as a middle schooler and it was legit my first FF game so I really want Luneth for a nostalgia
boner

Kouriozan

Okay, tried the colosseum Frost Dragon without Garland and CoD maxed and I can get it down to about 25% HP, should be doable once I'm done leveling them.

scarlet

If you dislike Lightning you can always pull for Orlandu,Luneth or Gilgamesh. They are on the same powerlevel according to altema rankings. Im probably putting my tickets on Luneth banner unless they change it. It has Luneth, Refia and Arc. All premium units.

Congratulations on your Bedile, Shadow and Luna

Xion86

After so many attempts finally defeated him. Nine minutes of fight with my low ATK party

a0n07As.jpg

Nice!! Well done! He owned me when I first attempted him. I've got a similar setup to you as well, makes me feel like I can do it haha. I'll give it another shot now my party is even higher.

Just unlocked S Rank in Colosseum, yey!

LuuKyK

Nothing officially announced yet, but a freshly datamined banner suggests that the next characters being released (perhaps on Monday) are Hayate, Locke, and Artemios (assuming you are talking about the global server).

Yeah, global. Thanks. Nothing I am really interested in, but good that they are releasing new characters in a decent pace so far. Cant wait for Lightning. :D

MrDaravon

Just woke up, one quick question before I go re-read this thread to get a grasp on everything, and only asking because I keep hitting the unit cap so I need to burn all these Cactuars I'm getting (only have a 55 unit cap which I'm assuming I will increase pretty shortly but don't want to assume that yet): is there any additional benefit to dumping multiple cactuars/units at the same time when Enhancing a unit? Like does it increase the odds of a higher success rate if you do 5 of the same type of unit or anything like that? Got like 15 3* cactuars already I need to burn.

Just woke up, one quick question before I go re-read this thread to get a grasp on everything, and only asking because I keep hitting the unit cap so I need to burn all these Cactuars I'm getting (only have a 55 unit cap which I'm assuming I will increase pretty shortly but don't want to assume that yet): is there any additional benefit to dumping multiple cactuars/units at the same time when Enhancing a unit? Like does it increase the odds of a higher success rate if you do 5 of the same type of unit or anything like that? Got like 15 3* cactuars already I need to burn.

Nope, imo it's better to do it one at a time so you increase the chances of some of them getting a great/amazing success bonus. It's more expensive that way, but gil isn't really that hard to come by, especially with this event going on (just throw a smaller cactuar at one of the friend point units, raise its level to max/close to max and sell it).

Question about Star Quartz:
Should is there anything I should use them on right now? Or should I hoard them for future items?
edit: nm I'm gonna save them.

Any chance that global will get larger Lapis bonuses? Now that the daily login bonus is ending, that 5000 lapis for 11 tickets seems miles away

CCIE

Banned
Wow, is that a power team! I have Chizuru almost maxed... And am stocking up on gigantaurs to level my L4 units after awakening them early next week. I will wait for WoL or Arc next and simply work on what I have for now. Not half as nice as that team, but not bad either

Will be buying a phone that can play this in the near future.
Going by this thread the game is pretty good right? Looking forward to giving it a go.

Kouriozan

Kouriozan - how did you get so many hit points on Chizuru? Mine is close to maxed and almost 500 less?

Equipped her with 2 HP +10% from Rizer's TM.

She has 2536 base HP maxed, so 10% is 253 (x2 = 506) + some HP from Ifrit.
Raising my friend slots to max the first few days was worth it, currently working on Killers TMs.

NomarTyme

nvm

Equipped her with 2 HP +10% from Rizer's TM.

She has 2536 base HP maxed, so 10% is 253 (x2 = 506) + some HP from Ifrit.
Raising my friend slots to max the first few days was worth it, currently working on Killers TMs.
Same here! really want the killers bonus!

CCIE

Banned
Awesome, thanks. Also, for anyone who has leveled their Espers to L2. Do they keep the level one grid and any SP not spent? Or do I need to spend all the SP on L1 stuff before getting to 2* status on an Esper?

Kouriozan

Awesome, thanks. Also, for anyone who has leveled their Espers to L2. Do they keep the level one grid and any SP not spent? Or do I need to spend all the SP on L1 stuff before getting to 2* status on an Esper?
You can hoard SP safely, their 2* skills/stats are added to their current grid.

CCIE

Banned
Awesome! I have the skills I want on my Espers, and they aren't even at half of L1 yet. Can't wait to see if I can beat the damn Dragon tomorrow after the Cactuar event is over.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Looking forward to regularly play some Explorations again starting tomorrows....Cactuar Event is nice for leveling the units but its quite boring after a while.

Thanks to the leveling i should be able to clear the later Exploration stages faster and without too many issues.
Colosseum 100% done, yay!

Now to focus on leveling my espers.

Very nice congrats - last time i tried it on my main i didnt stand a chance and since then i really didnt get any new units that could change my fate there, So ill probably have a higher chance with my new acc down the line....still alot of Coliseum to clear before that heh.

Lyrian

Looking forward to regularly play some Explorations again starting tomorrows....Cactuar Event is nice for leveling the units but its quite boring after a while.

Ditto. Loved the event, but it is starting to outstay its welcome. Ready to move back onto farming more Hero Ring megacrysts and megacites for espers.

Really hating how many jumbo cactaurs it is taking to max out a premium 5*. 1.137 million XP, at 30k per jumbo cactaur is a serious drag on progress.

CCIE

Banned
Hell, I'm just looking forward to trying out the White Dragon, then I have a bit in the Awakening Vortex for materials for 5*'s. Honestly though, I'm ready to go on with the game. I'd like to see some of the more advanced areas and get some of the premium equipment. I don't think I will awaken all my units to 5* status at one time again, because it is frankly a little boring farming awakening materials all day. Especially after this event. I also need to take the time to spend some of my FP and start working toward some of the trust rewards on the minor characters. HP+10% would be helpful on some of my weaker characters

Hippo - did you actually spend any of the Gigantaurs, or is that 50 since Friday? Impressive

I spent a few I think 5 or 6 to max my current party and I would use any small ones I got on other high ranking units I'm not currently using. My goal was to bank 30 but hell with it lasting so long figured why not 50 lol.

CCIE

Banned
Academic - How about Kefka? The rate-ups on him right now are amazing if you have even a couple of tickets. In every re-roll I did since the eighth he showed up in one way or another

NomarTyme

Academic - How about Kefka? The rate-ups on him right now are amazing if you have even a couple of tickets. In every re-roll I did since the eighth he showed up in one way or another

Hyperdrive is overpowered and Wingless Angel is awesome if the enemies don't resist.

Feep

Banned
I think Terra is overrated. She cannot be the only curing member of the team, and while Raise is nice, her only offensive output is Firaga and you can only get like six shots off if you want to retain MP for healing purposes.

I wish I had Roselia, but I think I need to train up Fina to replace her.

Azuran

Banned
I think Terra is overrated. She cannot be the only curing member of the team, and while Raise is nice, her only offensive output is Firaga and you can only get like six shots off if you want to retain MP for healing purposes.

The only reason I'm bothering with Terra is because I'm 100% certain she's getting a 6* in the future.

But knowing how the universe hates me, Locke is going to end up getting one because why not? >_>

Yeah I have Maria and Cecil and realized, specifically given her (Fina's) ability to use Green Magic, Fina is a necessary evil.

Dragner

Yeah Terra is terrible right now. I have her and benched her as soon as I got another toon. Raise is not worth it and when hard content arrives there will be unit with arise and 6* awakening forms. So lets hope she gets an awesome 6*. She needs it, her moveset is garbage.

Yeah Terra is terrible right now. I have her and benched her as soon as I got another toon. Raise is not worth it and when hard content arrives there will be unit with arise and 6* awakening forms. So lets hope she gets an awesome 6*. She needs it, her moveset is garbage.

Shantotto needs a 5* before Terra...

Stupid esper >.>

Dawg

If you're fighting anything above thrash, is it always better to use skills instead of regular tap attacks?

Example: Lasswell's tranquillity

CCIE

Banned
Actually I think Terra is a good complement to Kefka. She has Firaga where he doesn't. Between them all bases are covered. However hard content requires you to bench Terra for Fina because of Green Magic. But I like Terra. I think when not doing exploration maps she is superior to Fina. And as much as I believe Roselia is great, that character has no offense whatsoever. Better healers are coming I the future

For anyone with Bartz, u really want to aim to get Refia from FF3. Not only is she prolly the best healer (immune to all status ailments) but she has full life.

Pair that with Bartz 6* being able to sacrifice yourself to give hp/mp, u give that to Refia she can restore him fully. That makes him an incredible utility bc he can also give his LB with entrust. I don't play JP tho so correct me if I'm wrong people

Actually I think Terra is a good complement to Kefka. She has Firaga where he doesn't. Between them all bases are covered. However hard content requires you to bench Terra for Fina because of Green Magic. But I like Terra. I think when not doing exploration maps she is superior to Fina. And as much as I believe Roselia is great, that character has no offense whatsoever. Better healers are coming I the future

Golbez is a good partner for Kefka for me given that he does compliment Kefka's spell catalog though of course he cannot heal effectively.

For anyone with Bartz, u really want to aim to get Refia from FF3. Not only is she prolly the best healer (immune to all status ailments) but she has full life.

Pair that with Bartz 6* being able to sacrifice yourself to give hp/mp, u give that to Refia she can restore him fully. That makes him an incredible utility bc he can also give his LB with entrust. I don't play JP tho so correct me if I'm wrong people

Refia is the undisputed best healer in the game on a global scale at the moment. She is an absolute beast.

MrDaravon

Read through most of the thread, think I have a better grasp on things. Still not doing any further story content (only made it to the first town) while the cactuar thing is running. Spent the 1* cactuars I had maxing out and selling 1* units, used the bigger ones to get some of my main dudes leveled up, so right now my leveled up people are:

3* Kefka at 40 (cap, didn't realize that at the time >_>)
4* Chizuru at 47
3* Krile at 33
3* Rain & Lasswell both at 25
3* Vivi at 21

Plan on banking any further 3* Cactuars I get before the event ends for future use to level worthwhile 4*/5* units which I'm assuming is the smarter play?

Also looking around at comments it seems like I should ASAP take new Friends with me so I can send them requests to get my friends roster filled up so I can get FP from gifts faster, and I should maybe spend some Lapis on increasing my friends list space as well as some inventory and unit space, does this seem about right? Have 2500 Lapis right now, but I've done practically none of the story stuff yet and only Rank 9.

Lyrian

Read through most of the thread, think I have a better grasp on things. Still not doing any further story content (only made it to the first town) while the cactuar thing is running. Spent the 1* cactuars I had maxing out and selling 1* units, used the bigger ones to get some of my main dudes leveled up, so right now my leveled up people are:

3* Kefka at 40 (cap, didn't realize that at the time >_>)
4* Chizuru at 47
3* Krile at 33
3* Rain & Lasswell both at 25
3* Vivi at 21

Plan on banking any further 3* Cactuars I get before the event ends for future use to level worthwhile 4*/5* units which I'm assuming is the smarter play?

Also looking around at comments it seems like I should ASAP take new Friends with me so I can send them requests to get my friends roster filled up so I can get FP from gifts faster, and I should maybe spend some Lapis on increasing my friends list space as well as some inventory and unit space, does this seem about right? Have 2500 Lapis right now, but I've done practically none of the story stuff yet and only Rank 9.

Sounds about right.

Of your team, the main story characters will be generally easy to level up. On the other hand, the strong premium characters (Kefka, Chizuru) are going to be very difficult and time consuming to level up in their 5* form. 3*s cap at 40, 4*s at 60, and 5*s at 80.

More friends = more FP, especially if you place your strongest character as the companion party leader for others to use.

Materials space will be the first inventory block you will hit, the others you won't hit for a good while (maybe except units if you are stockpiling a lot of jumbo cactaurs). That said, you still have a lot of free lapis left on the table to collect from story missions for the first 2 isles, as you are barely into the first isle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom