• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT| Classic sprite-based JRPG goodness [UP] Global launch

Status
Not open for further replies.

CCIE

Banned
Holy crap - the Mahadeva in the Colosseum almost took me out. I was treating it like a normal enemy, and before I knew it Fina was dead. Then it took Kefka out in two more. I BARELY survived long enough to beat it. Only unit left standing was Chizuru, and she was toast on the next turn.

That was an eye opener.

CCIE

Banned
I'm not counting on getting Lightning when she does become available. I'll roll for her like everyone else, but chances are definitely not very good. I'll settle for Arc and WoL personally. And Refia if I can get her.

Work paid off.

Cnlja6sW8AAAOh6.jpg

I'm also ready to 5* golbez soon, but I chose to go with zidane first.

c-murph

Reddit already gone through that phase with Record Keeper, this will be fun.

lol I didn't get Sentinel's Grimoire but got three Platinum Swords. :S

I'm not counting on getting Lightning when she does become available. I'll roll for her like everyone else, but chances are definitely not very good. I'll settle for Arc and WoL personally. And Refia if I can get her.

Saving everything I got from now until then for Lightning and Ramza.

Are you going to be re-rolling for Lightning? I've seen some people on the reddit say that they're planning on doing that, and I don't really understand the motivation when most people have really good accounts from rerolling with all the free tickets at launch.

chrono01

It's still a slight win if u can grab Snow at least
I'll consider him a consolation prize.

But still, Lightning. :(

Are you going to be re-rolling for Lightning? I've seen some people on the reddit say that they're planning on doing that, and I don't really understand the motivation when most people have really good accounts from rerolling with all the free tickets at launch.
I was going to re-roll for her, but considering my current account already has three future 6* characters (Exdeath, Cloud of Darkness, Chizuru), as well as another possible 6* (Kefka), I'm not going to bother. I'm really not interested in getting rid of 2+ months worth of work (likely the time it'll take before Lightning hits Global), so I'll probably just try for her and move on when I fail to obtain her.

Still, I'm really hoping I get her, but I'm not expecting to. Speaking of, doesn't anyone know if she's a time-limited character, or will she keep showing up in certain banners after her initial release? I hope it's the latter...

I was going to re-roll for her, but considering my current account already has three future 6* characters (Exdeath, Cloud of Darkness, Chizuru), as well as another possible 6* (Kefka), I'm not going to bother. I'm really not interested in getting rid of 2+ months worth of work (likely the time it'll take before Lightning hits Global), so I'll probably just try for her and move on when I fail to obtain her.

akshgdhkjasdjkhgashjdgklasha

Lyrian

I don't really understand the motivation when most people have really good accounts from rerolling with all the free tickets at launch.

It is a common trend/trope that gachas tend to prey upon.

Over time, power creep in gacha games render the need for ever-more-powerful units to keep up with meta changes. Eventually, all the "S" tier pulls from the game's launch will slowly lose their luster and potency.

Players often "must" be able to clear 100% of all the content, all the time. If a power creep occurs, and their original team cannot clear the more difficult content, their previous "awesome top meta" team is now "complete garbage" and is viewed as worthless. Many will even throw away that account to chase the next OP meta unit/card.

I've never understood that behavior, myself. It's completely irrational and a never ending cycle, because if cards are not made to be obsolete over time, then there is no reason to ever roll for new units once a player has an established team. Some people, I guess, must feel the need to be at the very top of the food chain at all times and feel insecure as soon as their dominance of the game becomes threatened.

CCIE

Banned
I don't think I'll re-roll for her - depends on whether I can pick up Arc, WoL, or Refia. I don't really have a tank unit except for Garland, and I really would like Arc if possible. If I cannot get any of those - then maybe

Folstern

Thought I was going to be stuck on Europa for awhile but luckily I managed to paralyze her a few times. On to the Intermediate Colosseum and all the gear I need.

bonkeng

Well snow is said to be the best tank in the global game at this point so...

But yeah it does also kinda suck that two of the most OP characters are Lightning and Snow, two of the most worthless and non interesting characters in the series.

Cecil is still the best tank currently.

They're not even on the same league.

fester

Banned
Yeah Terra is terrible right now. I have her and benched her as soon as I got another toon. Raise is not worth it and when hard content arrives there will be unit with arise and 6* awakening forms. So lets hope she gets an awesome 6*. She needs it, her moveset is garbage.

Really confused how you guys are reaching this conclusion. This site has her ranked in the top 10 and the #2 healer (above Fina)

https://exviuswiki.com/Unit_Rankings

Lyrian

ROFL...

Game has been a total ass to me today on Cactaur Dunes with bad drop rates.

Just took my last 5 Jumbos and fed them to Kefka.... Amazing Success. Hello, Hyperdrive.

I forgive you for today, FFBE.

I'll consider him a consolation prize.

But still, Lightning. :(

Still, I'm really hoping I get her, but I'm not expecting to. Speaking of, doesn't anyone know if she's a time-limited character, or will she keep showing up in certain banners after her initial release? I hope it's the latter...

She's in at least two of the Japanese banners, so I'm guessing she'll have a couple rates up even after she's added.

It is a common trend/trope that gachas tend to prey upon.

Over time, power creep in gacha games render the need for ever-more-powerful units to keep up with meta changes. Eventually, all the "S" tier pulls from the game's launch will slowly lose their luster and potency.

Players often "must" be able to clear 100% of all the content, all the time. If a power creep occurs, and their original team cannot clear the more difficult content, their previous "awesome top meta" team is now "complete garbage" and is viewed as worthless. Many will even throw away that account to chase the next OP meta unit/card.

I've never understood that behavior, myself. It's completely irrational and a never ending cycle, because if cards are not made to be obsolete over time, then there is no reason to ever roll for new units once a player has an established team. Some people, I guess, must feel the need to be at the very top of the food chain at all times and feel insecure as soon as their dominance of the game becomes threatened.

Thanks, didn't understand the power creep part. I guess that's somewhat hidden because global already knows what units are future-proofed to an extent, and it's a new enough game in Japan (I think less than a year old?) so power creep hasn't had a lot of time to occur like in the longer-running gachas.

bonkeng

Really confused how you guys are reaching this conclusion. This site has her ranked in the top 10 and the #2 healer (above Fina)

https://exviuswiki.com/Unit_Rankings

The only reason she's higher than Fina is because she has Raise.

Fina has Cheer and Curaga. Not to mention Fina's a free unit.

If you need to cast Raise at this point, your party's probably not strong enough yet.

So for now, Fina's the better unit to bring along your party.

Lyrian

Thanks, didn't understand the power creep part. I guess that's somewhat hidden because global already knows what units are future-proofed to an extent, and it's a new enough game in Japan (I think less than a year old?) so power creep hasn't had a lot of time to occur like in the longer-running gachas.

Power creep tends to happen somewhat quickly, differing in each gacha. See the discussion between others a few posts ago about who is the best tank unit at the moment for a good example of this in action.

Gachas that tend to make it to the Western World are often in an odd position, which is often advantageous to Westerners. When power creep happens in JP, it is sudden and unannounced. The Next Big Thing suddenly arrives one day and the meta instantly changes. Gachas tend not to change in their operational processes between JP and foreign servers. As such, the Western servers have the advantage of being at a significant time delay from its JP counterpart. In the case of FFBE, at the moment, there is a 9 month time lag in place. This gives players who wish to know the upcoming power creep advances and meta changes ample time to prepare for these changes. Using the tank discussion above, global players already know that Warrior of Light and Snow will be eventually displacing Cecil as the go-to tank. This doesn't mean that Cecil becomes bad in any way, just that he might no longer be the optimum tank choice in 100% of future encounters that require a tank unit.

As a result, there will be a lot of armchair quarterbacking because players on the global server (who care about such info) will be able to assess, analyze, and dissect everything that rolls on out JP long before that same event ever makes it to Global.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
ROFL...

Game has been a total ass to me today on Cactaur Dunes with bad drop rates.

Just took my last 5 Jumbos and fed them to Kefka.... Amazing Success. Hello, Hyperdrive.

I forgive you for today, FFBE.
They Def.messed with the drop rates on that stage after the first 2 days... getting 2 duds in the first 2 battles is now much more likely than before.

Congrats on that max lvl Kefka... didn't had the means to achieve it this time, but it'll be my goal for the next Cactuar event. By then I should have enough awakening material farmed up.

Aurizen

how did you guys defeat Demon Chimera? I know my team probably won't do anything I have

Lvl 73 Lasswell 5*
Lvl 60 Rain 4*
Lvl 66 Golbez 5*
Lvl 64 Shantotto 4*
Lvl 51 Fina 4*

From what I can see, Cecil is still top dawg on pure tanking abilities because of that damn passive wall ability, but WoL is actually better as a support unit bc I think he has raise and a better full break. Snow is still really good tho, just not in the top 10

bonkeng

From what I can see, Cecil is still top dawg on pure tanking abilities because of that damn passive wall ability, but WoL is actually better as a support unit bc I think he has raise and a better full break. Snow is still really good tho, just not in the top 10

That's why WoL is ranked a bit above Cecil in Japan because of his versatility. Even though Cecil is still the King of Tanks.

Tanking = Cecil > WoL

Utility = WoL > Cecil

Overall WoL edges Cecil in usefulness.

That's why WoL is ranked a bit above Cecil in Japan because of his versatility. Even though Cecil is still the King of Tanks.

Tanking = Cecil > WoL

Utility = WoL > Cecil

Overall WoL edges Cecil in usefulness.

Specifically with his 6* and the same applies to a lesser extend with 6* Garland

Lyrian

They Def.messed with the drop rates on that stage after the first 2 days... getting 2 duds in the first 2 battles is now much more likely than before.

Congrats on that max lvl Kefka... didn't had the means to achieve it this time, but it'll be my goal for the next Cactuar event. By then I should have enough awakening material farmed up.

Thanks. The rates were definitely nerfed after day 1, they were too good. Took all day to scrounge enough jumbos to max out Kefka. Was hoping to max one more unit, in Krille, for dualcast before the event ended, but it doesn't look like I'm going to be able to farm enough jumbos before the downtime given these bad rates. I'm ok with that though, as she was the last person on the list to level up. Maxing out 5* Lasswell, Rain, Fina, and Kefka, all in one weekend, has been an outstanding outcome for the event.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
so I fucked up before, but this is what I've pulled now:
3* Bedile
3* Luna
4* Kain
3* Fran
4* Krile
4* CoD
4* Firion

Not as good as the roll I accidentally threw away before, but seems good enough, and I still have 3 summon tickets to spare.

NomarTyme

so I fucked up before, but this is what I've pulled now:
3* Bedile
3* Luna
4* Kain
3* Fran
4* Krile
4* CoD
4* Firion

Not as good as the roll I accidentally threw away before, but seems good enough, and I still have 3 summon tickets to spare.
Not so bad. I love CoD and Firion pickup.

CCIE

Banned
Okay, my drop rate finally improved with the onset of evening. I managed to save up around thirty gigantaurs, and I have one more crack coming in an hour or so. Not perfect, but it gives me a great start on leveling my future 5*s next week after some time in the Awakening. Would have liked more, but there will be another in a month or two. And I should have a good crack at finishing current content. Not bad for a week old account. And I did get to max Chizuru, or close enough.

Faenix1

Managed 27 spare Jumbos and I might manage one more run through before bed. Hopefully that's enough to finish Exdeath (3*) and Kefka (4*) once I awaken them with some left over for Fina when I get her.

Got a question though;
What is the best way to build Siren and Ifrit? Plan to get Ifrit tomorrow since I imagine my Chizuru alone can barrage his ass to death. Don't want to build them wrong so been hesitant to touch Siren's SP. :/

Too bad we don't really know the next notable drop (locke is not notable). What if Gumi decides to release FFT or FF3 before FF13?

I mean prolly unlikely because that would mean more work but still, that's be nuts and I kinda want GL to be on a different path so shits not so predictable

EDIT: ^ Siren sucks, dont waste your time lvling but check the exviuswikia for a skill chart

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom