• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT| Classic sprite-based JRPG goodness [UP] Global launch

Status
Not open for further replies.

bonkeng

Specifically with his 6* and the same applies to a lesser extend with 6* Garland

Garland is great on majority of the game. But he is easily overshadowed by Lightning, Luneth, Orlandu and Gilgamesh. And even CoD and Chizuru.

Specially during boss fights since most of Garland's move set are aoe, where single target skills are more ideal since it deals much more damage.

At least he's considered better than Buttz and Furioniru now :)

chrono01

Garland is great on majority of the game. But he is easily overshadowed by Lightning, Luneth, Orlandu and Gilgamesh. And even CoD and Chizuru.

Specially during boss fights since most of Garland's move set are aoe, where single target skills are more ideal since it deals much more damage.

Just wait until Shadow gets his 6*. He's going to be Godly.

Gilgamesh is a fucking lunatic!

I still think Bartz is better tbh. Might be a slight worse attacker but his utility of entrust (with faster 6* LB trait), sacrifice, and seriously still one of the best TM of doublehand makes him a superb pull. Granted, Garland has innate Doublehand but still, ideally u would pick a better attacker than him if u had one anyway

Lyrian

Yea don't! You're Kefka is great and if u beat devil chimera, there's nothing u can't beat. Even Ifrit 2 or whatever summon 2* can get dicked with what u have most likely

On that note, on a throwaway moment to close out the night, tried Devil Chimera for the first time and won. Wasn't expecting that.

Lasswell/Rain/Kefka/Maria/Fina.

Didn't even need to cast the group resistance spells, although they were loaded (couldn't time them at all). As long as everyone on the team has enough HP to facetank the big AoEs (around 1400-1500 HP), double Cura solved everything.

If you can beat Europa, you can definitely beat Devil Chimera.

bonkeng

I still think Bartz is better tbh. Might be a slight worse attacker but his utility of entrust (with faster 6* LB trait), sacrifice, and seriously still one of the best TM of doublehand makes him a superb pull. Granted, Garland has innate Doublehand but still, ideally u would pick a better attacker than him if u had one anyway

I agree with you. I also prefer Bartz over Garland because if I need AoE, there's Exdeath or any mages with Ga spells for that. Not to mention those with Meteor, Holy or Ultima.

Garland is more on utility like WoL. Jack of all trades, master of none. Only difference is, WoL has little competition while Garland has to compete with a lot of physical dps units.

Dragner

Getting a native 5 * is not realistic so dont get your hopes high. Is better to pull on a banner theres the desired 5 * and there are other 4 * or less desirable units. Im for example pulling on FFIII event since it has Luneth BUT also Refia and Arc 2 good units.

The first lightning banner in Japan sucked balls so I wont suggest pulling there.

Rixa

People thinking to get Lightning need to remember few facts :p

- How many Rainbow Crystals have you summoned?

a) What is the summon rate for any rainbow crystal (5*) unit now?
b) What is the summon rate for one exact Rainbow Crystal unit for example Bartz now?
c) What are the chances to pull exact Rainbow Crystal unit called Lightning when she comes?

On my main account I have summoned 0 Rainbow Crystals so far. This is probably situation with most of the players who rerolled before 10 tix fest... (Or who will start from today onwards).

Falk

that puzzling face
It is a common trend/trope that gachas tend to prey upon.

Over time, power creep in gacha games render the need for ever-more-powerful units to keep up with meta changes. Eventually, all the "S" tier pulls from the game's launch will slowly lose their luster and potency.

Players often "must" be able to clear 100% of all the content, all the time. If a power creep occurs, and their original team cannot clear the more difficult content, their previous "awesome top meta" team is now "complete garbage" and is viewed as worthless. Many will even throw away that account to chase the next OP meta unit/card.

I've never understood that behavior, myself. It's completely irrational and a never ending cycle, because if cards are not made to be obsolete over time, then there is no reason to ever roll for new units once a player has an established team. Some people, I guess, must feel the need to be at the very top of the food chain at all times and feel insecure as soon as their dominance of the game becomes threatened.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4-x3fIAfOE#t=6m56s

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free

b) What is the summon rate for one exact Rainbow Crystal unit for example Bartz now?
c) What are the chances to pull exact Rainbow Crystal unit called Lightning when she comes?

On my main account I have summoned 0 Rainbow Crystals so far. This is probably situation with most of the players who rerolled before 10 tix fest... (Or who will start from today onwards).

THIS - reading this thread feels like everyone expect to be able to pull one of those OP units in like 5 or max 10 pulls. These units are made for whales unless you are incredible lucky...i have rerolled a bunch of times and gotten maybe 2-3 Rainbow Crystals in who knows how many pulls. By the time we get Lightning and co. the roster will have expanded as well..so it will get tougher and tougher to get a specific 5* if one at all.

Rerolling might have messed up with some expectations here - you are unlikely to ever get as good of pulls in a couple rolls again...unless you are very lucky.

I dont really care about Lightning but i will pull for the FF3 cast.

For anyone curious, I think it comes out to roughly 2% chance of a rainbow when u got the banner up of a 5* whatever. I'm not a math kinda guy so I'm prolly talking shit, either way it's incredibly low

CCIE

Banned
Not too worried about lightning. There are tons of great units like Ramza, Ace, Arc, WoL,Snow,Refia,Delita,etc... There will be plenty to play with over time

You guys need to stop obsessing over Lightning.
It's lame that the current game still has her as top dawg. It doesn't have to be an unknown, but they definitely need to hurry up and replace her with like a Cloud or Squall bc the hype has breached new lvls for her on every FFBE GL forum site

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
It's lame that the current game still has her as top dawg. It doesn't have to be an unknown, but they definitely need to hurry up and replace her with like a Cloud or Squall bc the hype has breached new lvls for her on every FFBE GL forum site

Why is it lame ? She is still incredible rare and its not like they can introduce a new gamebreaking unit every 2 weeks without pissing of the whole playerbase.

Shouta is right - best way to kill any further enjoyment about these type of games is obsessing about incredible rare whale units you likely wont get. If it happens...perfect though.

CCIE

Banned
Now, with a maxed unit, does that unit still count as experience. For example, if my maxed unit runs the Adv Vortex with one other does the other unit get all 30K, or does it only get 15K, and the rest goes to waste?

Why is it lame ? She is still incredible rare and its not like they can introduce a new gamebreaking unit every 2 weeks without pissing of the whole playerbase.

Shouta is right - best way to kill any further enjoyment about these type of games is obsessing about incredible rare whale units you likely wont get. If it happens...perfect though.
It's lame based on my personal opinion. To me, SE has pimped Lightning out to the point of exhaustion, and there are a depth of characters in FF that should be held higher than her. Granted, this is a gacha game with 0 relation to the numbereds but still it's my right to have a miniscule opinion on the matter.

Just want them to whore out a different character is all I'm saying. I don't even dislike Lightning either, she's just had too much attn but yea I'm F2P so I don't plan on pulling for 5*'s in mind but it's great to have dreams y'know

^Max lvl takes XP, so it'd be a waste

Stider

Well, this cactuar event was productive for me. Kefka and CoD taken to 5* max level, Golbez taken from 3* level 1 to 5* max level.

Rixa

Iam not saving for Lightning, I pull if I have stuff to pull but dont expect to get anything major :p. I would like to get Refia but that wont happen either :D.

Now, with a maxed unit, does that unit still count as experience. For example, if my maxed unit runs the Adv Vortex with one other does the other unit get all 30K, or does it only get 15K, and the rest goes to waste?

All maxed units take their equal share from exp pot. Dont bring maxed units to exp parties.

mikemandey

Maxed units still absorb exp. So yeah, that unit won't get full exp

Shouta

Which is super silly because they don't really understand how she fits into the scheme of things. She's only the top unit because of a bit more versatility but pretty much every other 6-star unit can match her in base role either natively or with a little bit of Trust Master love. The only fight where she's really shown her strength is the Gilgamesh fight but that's because it has a special gimmick to it.

Dreavus

I'm hoping to find a use for Cerius down the line, but the fact that Fina can just use level 3 green magic means she kind of loses her niche. Higher than 3 Green magic gets you the 70% elemental reduction spells but the 50% ones (aquired abilities, I think a couple of them come from the Colosseum though) along with having cheer seems way better.

CCIE

Banned
Pretty productive for me - Chizuru max, the rest of the party to max 4*, and Terra, and Lasswell also to max 4*. 34 sitting in reserve after awakening party to 5* status next week. It will get me started pretty well toward high 5* status

Which is super silly because they don't really understand how she fits into the scheme of things. She's only the top unit because of a bit more versatility but pretty much every other 6-star unit can match her in base role either natively or with a little bit of Trust Master love. The only fight where she's really shown her strength is the Gilgamesh fight but that's because it has a special gimmick to it.
So with your knowledge on the JP meta, who actually is the best unit? They all excel in some areas, but who situationally is usually the better 6*?

Stider

Agreed, her AoE elemental abilities are just slightly stronger physical versions of the -aga spells, Her unique thunder spell could work with the right party setup, but to me her best abilities are the 30% chance to negate physical attacks, and of course dual-wielding.

linkent

with all these talk about OP units,
does it mean that we wont be able to clear all contents if we dont roll one of them in the future?
is it possible to clear everything through farmable equipment?

CCIE

Banned
So if I read the experience chart right, Fina will level WAY faster than most of the rest of my units because she is level two as opposed to four. 5 Gigantaurs should give me Curaga right away, and 10 should get her to level 63 or so, which means Cheer will be available to me soon if that is the route I choose to go down. With her, Kefka, Terra, Celes, Lasswell, and Garland should I just go for high level with primarily one or two units, or try to level them all relatively equally? I was thinking with 30 Cactuars I could give each 5, or concentrate on leveling Kefka and Fina first for Cheer, and insane magic.

Thoughts? I already have maxed Chizuru through the event

Dragner

with all these talk about OP units,
does it mean that we wont be able to clear all contents if we dont roll one of them in the future?
is it possible to clear everything through farmable equipment?

You can clear the hardest content if you have good 6* units from what ive seen. You dont need lightning luneth or orlandu. If you have good base 3* units like exdeath, cecil, Firion, CoD,... you can clear everything just fine. And being base 3* you will get them all or almost all eventually as you pull.

So if I read the experience chart right, Fina will level WAY faster than most of the rest of my units because she is level two as opposed to four. 5 Gigantaurs should give me Curaga right away, and 10 should get her to level 63 or so, which means Cheer will be available to me soon if that is the route I choose to go down. With her, Kefka, Terra, Celes, Lasswell, and Garland should I just go for high level with primarily one or two units, or try to level them all relatively equally? I was thinking with 30 Cactuars I could give each 5, or concentrate on leveling Kefka and Fina first for Cheer, and insane magic.

Thoughts? I already have maxed Chizuru through the event
If u plan to rely more on physical which u prolly should, u want Fina first to cheer, unless u plan on going through a buncha exploration stages in which case Kefkas heartless angel or high MAG thundaga blizzaga slays all mobs

linkent

You can clear the hardest content if you have good 6* units from what ive seen. You dont need lightning luneth or orlandu. If you have good base 3* units like exdeath, cecil, Firion, CoD,... you can clear everything just fine. And being base 3* you will get them all or almost all eventually as you pull.

that is good news, at least make the game more playable.
Hope my Cecil+Exdeath can clear everything :D
definitely dont mind a Lightning tho

Kouriozan

This metal cactuar and friend summon/points campaign was amazing, only Garland left to max now but a few Exp Vortex should be enough.
About Lightning, I might try to get her but only with a rate up. Since I own Zidane it's much safer to grind his TM.
Right now I am in higher need of a healer that can be 6*, and Refia sounds amazing.

chrono01

No way Shadow's getting a 6*.

He's too good for that. He'll jump directly to 7*. Just you wait.
7* Shadow.

Now there's a scary thought.

2 months?! whoa thats a long time I was gonna use my tickets then haha. I guess I could wait that long.
It's just an estimate, she could come sooner. On the opposite, she could come much later. Only Gumi knows!

You guys need to stop obsessing over Lightning.
I want her, but I won't obsess over it. I'm pretty happy with my current team.

15 minutes left for maintenance, until we get a last-minute update from Gumi that it's been extended. Get excited, people!

Rixa

Well, new players get 5 tix + extra(?) Lapis for clearing dungeons beyond Grandsheld Catacombs Exit. Thats 5 tix and 500 Lapis. So I guess we dont get rid of reroll questions :p

Could I uninstall and re-download? Or does it not work like that?

Edit: Ugh, only for first time completion of those Latius, ST, Dalnakya Plains/Cavern, and Grand Cata explorations. Pfft.

Xion86

Well that event was brilliant! Really made the most out of it, maxed out my party of Rain, Kain, Golbez, Fina and Lasswell :D time to get back to normal progression now.

Rixa

Well that event was brilliant! Really made the most out of it, maxed out my party of Rain, Kain, Golbez, Fina and Lasswell :D time to get back to normal progression now.

I dont know how events will be handle in the future. But sofar this Cactuar event has been 3 times in 2 months time. Expect to see it in under 4 weeks :p.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom