• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT| Classic sprite-based JRPG goodness [UP] Global launch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xion86

I dont know how events will be handle in the future. But sofar this Cactuar event has been 3 times in 2 months time. Expect to see it in under 4 weeks :p.

Haha brilliant! I started when it was officially released in the UK and loving the game since, it's good fun (didn't realise you could play before that though or I'd have tried to). Didn't re roll or anything, was happy with what I had and it's gotten me far. Only person I want to swap in the future is Kain, so I'll see if I get lucky with any of the more rare characters in few months down the line. This event really did help so much though.

Now I want to finish S Rank in colosseum, try defeat Chimera and finish the quests I have.

Althane

Crushed White Dragon, didn't realize it was "weak" to Blade Bash. Just had Leo and Firion bashing it four turns in a row while Kain and Vivi jump'd and bio'd it to death.

Fina basically didn't do anything the whole time. Poor girl, must've gotten bored.

Firion now has a sweet Murasame!

Since I forgot to pick up the Buster Sword last night while I was doing some exploration quests catching up, I guess that works for me.

Anyways, my lineup:

Max'd out Vivi
Level 50 4* Firion
Max'd out 4* Leo
Max'd out 4* Fina
Level 58 4* Kain

Realizing that Kain isn't the best, but he does decent damage for me. Fina is all the heals I need right now, so that's nice. I don't see much of a reason to 5* her at this point (haven't needed Curaga).

Should I 5* Firion or Leo first? Both essentially just learn Bladeblitz, but I'm getting good usage out of both of them.

Crushed White Dragon, didn't realize it was "weak" to Blade Bash. Just had Leo and Firion bashing it four turns in a row while Kain and Vivi jump'd and bio'd it to death.

Fina basically didn't do anything the whole time. Poor girl, must've gotten bored.

Firion now has a sweet Murasame!

Since I forgot to pick up the Buster Sword last night while I was doing some exploration quests catching up, I guess that works for me.

Anyways, my lineup:

Max'd out Vivi
Level 50 4* Firion
Max'd out 4* Leo
Max'd out 4* Fina
Level 58 4* Kain

Realizing that Kain isn't the best, but he does decent damage for me. Fina is all the heals I need right now, so that's nice. I don't see much of a reason to 5* her at this point (haven't needed Curaga).

Should I 5* Firion or Leo first? Both essentially just learn Bladeblitz, but I'm getting good usage out of both of them.
Fairly positive you can buy buster swords at a store somewhere. Pick Firion, he's your hardest hitter right next to Kain who will do much more dmg as he gets his 5*. Jump packs a punch man. Don't skip on Fina, she gets cheer at 5* lvl 72 and that will change alot for your team

I seem to have a weird problem. With the daily reset the friend gift sending didn't seem to reset which means it's a bit tough completing all daily missions today (sometimes one person shows up, sometimes after I've used them, sometimes after I've added them). Or is this all a matter of the game changing how being able to send gifts to friends worked since a month ago...(I'm used to day resetting and just going to friends hitting send and then send all)

Speaking of weird things check out what happened to someone on the subreddit:
D6bkDdXl.jpg
Sadly was visual only.

Althane

Fairly positive you can buy buster swords at a store somewhere. Pick Firion, he's your hardest hitter right next to Kain who will do much more dmg as he gets his 5*. Jump packs a punch man. Don't skip on Fina, she gets cheer at 5* lvl 72 and that will change alot for your team

Well, I don't have the mats for Fina 5*, and do for Firion/Leo.

Firion it is, then!

Rixa

I seem to have a weird problem. With the daily reset the friend gift sending didn't seem to reset which means it's a bit tough completing all daily missions today (sometimes one person shows up, sometimes after I've used them, sometimes after I've added them). Or is this all a matter of the game changing how being able to send gifts to friends worked since a month ago...(I'm used to day resetting and just going to friends hitting send and then send all).

They reset different time. Better to not send & receive Friend Points before daily reset which is (I think around 09:00 morning in UK). Day change & daily quest reset time is 10:00 CEST anyways. Daily Friend Points reset middle of the night for us Europeans.

H3xum

What are the Cryst's used for?

I am running into a full material inventory after every battle and the Cryst's are currently account for about 1/4 of my inventory.

There isn't a notion of a bank or storage, is there?

I'm also running into a bottleneck and would like some opinions.

I'm in the Lanzelt Snowfields

I currently have a lvl 40+ Chizuru, Kefka and Vivi, all 4*

And level 30+ Laswell and Rain 3*

I have 2 golden tickets left and a few thousand Lapis.

I wanted to wait until they changed the drop rate for Chizuru, Kefka, and other guy, but, Laswell and Rain are holding me back I think.

Zafir

What are the Cryst's used for?

I am running into a full material inventory after every battle and the Cryst's are currently account for about 1/4 of my inventory.

There isn't a notion of a bank or storage, is there?

I'm also running into a bottleneck and would like some opinions.

I'm in the Lanzelt Snowfields

I currently have a lvl 40+ Chizuru, Kefka and Vivi, all 4*

And level 30+ Laswell and Rain 3*

I have 2 golden tickets left and a few thousand Lapis.

I wanted to wait until they changed the drop rate for Chizuru, Kefka, and other guy, but, Laswell and Rain are holding me back I think.
Crafting uses Crysts.

Vaan Full Break is totally OP. Glad I made him my first max unit.

Ran out of monies, but sitting on quite a few more Gigantaurs. This unit was baller.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Is there a easier way to obtain Holy Crystals? Wasted my stamina on INT Awakening materials but they just won't drop... I need a couple of them.

bonkeng

Is there a easier way to obtain Holy Crystals? Wasted my stamina on INT Awakening materials but they just won't drop... I need a couple of them.

Holy Crystal drops more on advance. Learned that when farming Sacred Crystal doing ADV instead of INT.

Things to note, Awakening mats going to 4*, do INT.

5* do ADV.

cw_sasuke

Holy Crystal drops more on advance. Learned that when farming Sacred Crystal doing ADV instead of INT.

5* do ADV.

Hah i kinda feared this response....just hoped there was a cheaper alternative rng wise. Guess ill try my luck there. Thanks.

5* do ADV.

I don't recall ever farming ADV and most of my guys are at 5*. I did INT for about a week before Cactaurs and got all the mats I needed. Sacred, Holy, Litrock, Ash, Ore, etc.

Dragner

Both sacred and holy drop from INT. I never touched ADV and have all my units upgraded to 5*. I suppose ADV has a high rate of them but INT was enough for me.

bonkeng

I don't recall ever farming ADV and most of my guys are at 5*. I did INT for about a week before Cactaurs and got all the mats I needed. Sacred, Holy, Litrock, Ash, Ore, etc.

Both sacred and holy drop from INT. I never touched ADV and have all my units upgraded to 5*. I suppose ADV has a high rate of them but INT was enough for me.

Let me explain.

Both Sacred Crystal and Holy Crystal drops in INT and ADV.

Sacred drops more in INT.

Holy drops more in ADV.

I farmed the heck out of ADV during beta thinking Sacred drops there. I ended up with a lot of Holy that I never needed to farm them ever again (at that time with lmited units). Think I got around 70 pcs of Holy and less than 20 Crystal during ADV farming.

Hah i kinda feared this response....just hoped there was a cheaper alternative rng wise. Guess ill try my luck there. Thanks.

If your target is Holy, it's better to farm ADV. If you want both, INT should be better.

EDIT: Here's the photo of my mats farming from my old account.

DU63kMQ.png

CCIE

Banned
I annihilated the White Dragon this morning.... Chizuru maxed out is pretty OP. I might try a crack at the Demon Chimera a little later since I have both Fina and Terra so two healers to work with. Right now in the Awakening vortex - again.

So those five rare summon tickets are only for those who HAVENT been started playing before today? Lol

Also, anyone have a suggestions for littock farming, the usual places seem to not be working lol

CCIE

Banned
I don't know about Litrock - I literally find it everywhere. Early in the game, Fulan Pass was the best place for it but I also haven't gotten to the advanced stages yet where it is supposed to be common as well. I pretty much always got it from the headstones, and those were in the Estuary quite a bit

Is INT awakening vortex really the best plave for the sacred crystals? I've run it like 6 times and have only gotten two, is it just the RNG gods punishing me?

CCIE

Banned
Joey - yes it is. If you are running it and not getting any take a break from it and try something else. Then come back. I learned this lesson the hard way during the cactuar event.

cw_sasuke

Beat Chimera with my new account - hah nice. First couple tries i got destoyed but i didnt wanna to wait until i could evolve my other units so i kept going. Since i only had 1 5* (Chiz) and only 1 Healer (4* Fina)...what i did was just defending with all other unit while attacking with Chiz and healing with Fina. It somehow worked.....

Also Edgar MVP being able to use green magic...thought i would have to somehow evolve my Cerius before i can clear the stage, but i didnt.

This probably would have been a lot easier with 5* Fina and Cheer...or any kind of breaker lol.
If your target is Holy, it's better to farm ADV. If you want both, INT should be better.
Alright thanks - since i at the end of the day need both type of crystals anyway ill just keep farming INT for now. Its just that i could have used the Holy crystals asap to evolve Fina...but i can wait.

CCIE

Banned
I'm also going to be doing all my pulls in the early morning hours from now on. The RNG Gods appear to be nicest to me after midnight

Lyrian

So those five rare summon tickets are only for those who HAVENT been started playing before today? Lol

Also, anyone have a suggestions for littock farming, the usual places seem to not be working lol

Permanent newbie reward/incentive. One summon ticket was added to the clear reward for the first five story dungeons of the game.

Litrock? Pretty much just farm Lanzelt explorations. Its on the drop table of most monsters, as it is an awakening component. It just has to complete with eleventy billion other awakening materials to actually drop from a momster...

cw_sasuke

I kinda hate that the Summon Banner doesnt show how long the current event/rotation will be active.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Nah I hope it continues because this thread will be a great saltmine by the time she comes out and no one has gotten her after 3 days.

It will be great.

I am prepared to spend up to $1000 to get her. Will be well worth it as an upgrade over my Chizuru.

Nohar

I am prepared to spend up to $1000 to get her. Will be well worth it as an upgrade over my Chizuru.

The sad thing is that at least one person will do exactly just that.

The saddest thing is that it is highly possible than more than one person will do just that.

creid

Finally finally finally got my last 3 Heaven's Ashes to get my 5th party member to 5*, immediately after the cactuar event ended :/

So how is my party shaping up?

Zidane 5*
Golbez 4* (close to 5)
edgar 4*
Clyne 4* (will eventually replace with cecil once I start leveling him up)
Luna 4* (could replace with kefka if I level him up)

The saddest thing is that it is highly possible than more than one person will do just that.

Just wait until they start doing stuff with leaderboards like the arena and some recent events in JP. The competition among the super-whales will be there for all to see.

Azuran

Banned

Make sure to head to Reddit during that time. I can assure you there's going to be one guy bragging that he got her after only spending $500 on it.

Nohar

Make sure to head to Reddit during that time. I can assure you there's going to be one guy bragging that he got her after only spending $500 on it.

I dread that moment, but I will be there to watch the tragedy. No one will be able to stop it, so better enjoy it. It is going to be quite a show.

So how is my party shaping up?

Zidane 5*
Golbez 4* (close to 5)
edgar 4*
Clyne 4* (will eventually replace with cecil once I start leveling him up)
Luna 4* (could replace with kefka if I level him up)

Luna will be replaced by Fina, the second best healer in the game currently (not counting JP units that we do not have yet). Kefka should be a top priority for you as he's the 1st/2nd best mage depending on who you ask.

https://exviuswiki.com/Unit_Rankings

Also check the unit ratings as well to see who's who.

https://exviuswiki.com/Unit_Rankings#Unit_Ratings

cw_sasuke

Thoughts on Medius?

He looks cool once evolved.

As a unit he kinda sucks because of the limited weapon selection - 4* Edgar seems better since he can use more weapons and learns useful stuff ala Bio Blaster, Sunbeam and Chainsaw.

Have him as well and hope he can get some time to shine in the future once we get better Guns.

_woLf

I've got a max 5* Fina, Chizuru, and Vaan.

Max 4* Golbez, have 20 giganticuars ready to boost him to max 5* as soon as I get the mats to evolve him.

Can't decide who I want as my fifth party member. Choices are a max 4* Laswell or max 4* Rain, or a level 1 5* Duane. Hmm...

I've also got a max 4* Rydia but I feel like Golbez takes her place.

Faenix1

Bah sucks they start back at L1 when awakened.

What's the best method to fuse, or does it even matter now? Since It seems chance to success is normal. My 30 Jumbos ain't gonna go as far as I hoped.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom