• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT| Classic sprite-based JRPG goodness [UP] Global launch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ragnaroz

Make sure to head to Reddit during that time. I can assure you there's going to be one guy bragging that he got her after only spending $500 on it.
And there's gonna be another guy who gets her without spending a dime. And it wont be this guy. xD

CCIE

Banned
Damnit!!! I am THIS close to beating the Demon Chimera and he wipes out my entire party when I could finish him the next turn. I've tried it four times with the same result every time. I'm going to have to come back when the rest of my party is a little stronger...

Make sure to head to Reddit during that time. I can assure you there's going to be one guy bragging that he got her after only spending $500 on it.
The thing is, you want people to be spending serious cash on this game. The more $ spent, the more incentive to bring out faster updates to push the meta further

Damnit!!! I am THIS close to beating the Demon Chimera and he wipes out my entire party when I could finish him the next turn. I've tried it four times with the same result every time. I'm going to have to come back when the rest of my party is a little stronger...

You leanin on Chizuru too hard?! :p

RedZaraki

Banned
What's the most efficient way to get powerful quickly with your energy points?

Push forward with story stuff?

Do vortexes?

Do quests?

Azuran

Banned
The thing is, you want people to be spending serious cash on this game. The more $ spent, the more incentive to bring out faster updates to push the meta further

I know I'm probably going to spend a couple of bucks there and there if I want someone really badly. It's just funny thinking how many hearts will be broken from people saving all of their lapis and tickets (along with the casual players who will spent some money for the first time) for a "chance" to get Lightning not realizing how astronomically low those chances are.

Also, some of the whale threads on Reddit and other places can be pretty funny since they're always reminding us how ashamed or stupid they think they are for spending so much money on one thing while covertly bragging and telling everyone to go screw themselves because they have Lightning and you don't.

As someone who enjoys reading stuff like that, I can't wait for Lightning to get here.

Yeah, I don't see why some guys are so salty about the whales. Those dudes are keeping the game alive.

Maybe they think the whales enable the developers to keep the status quo going. I mean, $500 dollars to get a specific character? Most people can't afford that or certainly aren't willing to. But they get away with it because some people can spend that money frivolously.

Frankly, I don't care, but perhaps that is why some do.

Heng

Do vortexes?

Do quests?
Do you mean getting more levels on your units? I would say run Advance experience dungeons and do cactaur whenever it comes back. Eventually you'll need to awaken your units, which I would suggest running INT Awakening material vortex or do some of the exploration dungeons in the second part of the story.

I know I'm probably going to spend a couple of bucks there and there if I want someone really badly. It's just funny thinking how many hearts will be broken from people saving all of their lapis and tickets (along with the casual players who will spent some money for the first time) for a "chance" to get Lightning not realizing how astronomically low those chances are.

Also, some of the whale threads on Reddit and other places can be pretty funny since they're always reminding us how ashamed or stupid they think they are for spending so much money on one thing while covertly bragging and telling everyone to go screw themselves because they have Lightning and you don't.

As someone who enjoys reading stuff like that, I can't wait for Lightning to get here.
I'm actually with u on this. It's a slight guilty pleasure seeing people super irate over gacha

Maybe it's totally unrealistic in the mobile marketplace, but I'd much rather games not be designed around a small percentage of people spending a large amount of money. The whale-inducing elements are easy to ignore for me, but I just can't help but shake my head and sigh.

Do vortexes?

Do quests?

As a general rule, vortexes are time efficient, but not energy efficient. Best exp/energy is exploration dungeons, and maxing out encounters.

In general, if you haven't finished the story yet get that done, since most story missions give at least fairly decent rank experience, to get your energy pool up a bit.

I would pay cash money for:

6* Ultemicia
6* Shantotto

EX-DEATH FDAJHDJ;KLAHWDKJHSLKAJDHLASJSALKJD

Probably my biggest source of annoyance with the state of the game on JP right now is the number 6* units that are BE specific filler, while a bunch of the characters I like from FF games are languishing at 4*, which makes them pretty much unusable at this point.

LuuKyK

So far I think its better to farm awakening material on exploration, it uses less energy and you can play for as long as you want, eventually also accumulating money and experience. IDK farming vortex just feels too expensive for what it rewards you with. Of course the drop rates might be higher there but still...

So far I think its better to farm awakening material on exploration, it uses less energy and you can play for as long as you want, eventually also accumulating money and experience. IDK farming vortex just feels too expensive for what it rewards you with. Of course the drop rates might be higher there but still...

In all honesty I only farm INT Vortex for Sacred and Holy Crystals. Most everything else can be gotten elsewhere for less energy.

CCIE

Banned
Yes, I guess it was unrealistic to think I could take the Demon Chimera with Chizuru and the group of high four stars - but it almost worked. I think if I get Fina Cheer, I'll have it in the bag. So unfortunately back to the Awakening Vortex I go... any easy way to obtain magic key? I want Barblizzara to go with Barfira and Barthundara

I don't even see the option to buy one anywhere...

Yes, I guess it was unrealistic to think I could take the Demon Chimera with Chizuru and the group of high four stars - but it almost worked. I think if I get Fina Cheer, I'll have it in the bag. So unfortunately back to the Awakening Vortex I go... any easy way to obtain magic key? I want Barblizzara to go with Barfira and Barthundara

I don't even see the option to buy one anywhere...

Easiest way to get keys is to buy them with Lapis. There should be an option to buy them in the Shop menu. I've read they do become easier to make in JP version, so probably best to not buy a ton of them right now.

Edit: Should be in the Key Exchange option in the shop.

creid

I really don't like doing exploration. If I want to get maximum rank xp with minimum effort, should I just keep redoing one of the late story missions?

I really don't like doing exploration. If I want to get maximum rank xp with minimum effort, should I just keep redoing one of the late story missions?

If you can do a 2* Esper fight, that's the way to go. 500 rank exp for 15 energy. That's what I've been doing. Before that I was doing Lanzelt Highlands - Summit. That costs 8 energy for 216 rank exp.

Edit: Also, if you've defeated the Demon Chimera you can fight it again in the vortex for 15 energy to get 500 rank exp like 2* esper fights.

chrono01

Is it worth summoning on the current banner?
Chizuru and Kefka are great, Chizuru specifically. She's the best single-target character in Global right now, and Kefka is the second best Mage (Exdeath being first). Garland is decent too, and both he and Chizuru receive 6* updates in the future (Kefka will likely get his own, as well).

That being said, the rates for Chizuru are horrible. When I was in the process of re-rolling, she was by far the most rare of the banner characters, so if you're going after her specifically, you might have a hard time. If you have decent characters already, it might be worth saving your Lapis/Tickets for a future banner.

Is it worth summoning on the current banner?

I'd say do a few pulls. Chizuru is the best physical attacker in the global version so far, just be warned that you'll need some luck to get her since her lowest rarity is 4 star so you'll need to pull a gold crystal. Kefka is a great mage and Golbez is good as well and those should be easier to pull since they are a base 3*.

Stider

Just an FYI for all CoD users, when Locke is released it might be worth getting a copy of him for his TMR as it is the strongest throwing weapon in the game currently in the JP version (107 atk and bird killer).

Just an FYI for all CoD users, when Locke is released it might be worth getting a copy of him for his TMR as it is the strongest throwing weapon in the game currently in the JP version (107 atk and bird killer).
Throwing weapons suck and you are wasting your time grinding Locke for CoD bc theres a trial with like a +87 mace or whatever coming soon

Shouta

So with your knowledge on the JP meta, who actually is the best unit? They all excel in some areas, but who situationally is usually the better 6*?

There is none. It entirely depends on the situation. Lightning wasn't very useful for the Secret of Mana collaboration because, despite having elemental attacks, is only physical based meaning that the Slime in the dungeon you farmed slowed you down.

Another example is the second FFT grind dungeons where Nine was a much more effective character than her because he had demon killer and a low cost but solid damage attack, making it quick to farm, etc. Exdeath wasn't good for that dungeon either because of their magic defense and the high mp cost of his attacks.

The rankings, especially in altema, are done in a vacuum rather than really consider what kind of situation can come. Luneth is probably the best physical attacker but he lacks any sort of magic, utility, and his MP usage can be a rough in a longer fight because Kirikomu (dunno the English name they'll use) is 45 MP.

There's also the fact that most content isn't hard enough that you have to require the top units. Even the hardest fight right now has a special gimmick that some units do better despite being a lower tier one. A great example for the Gilgamesh fight is Chizuru vs Lasswell. Chizuru is the better unit based on the raw numbers but Lasswell beats her in the Gilgamesh fight because he has the ability to hit multiple elements to seal his attacks off, something she can't do.

Stider

Throwing weapons suck and you are wasting your time grinding Locke for CoD bc theres a trial with like a +87 mace or whatever coming soon

What's the problem with throwing weapons, is there a downside? I just suggested that as the mace you are talking about is about 4 trial bosses away which could be a few months wait.

There is none. It entirely depends on the situation. Lightning wasn't very useful for the Secret of Mana collaboration because, despite having elemental attacks, is only physical based meaning that the Slime in the dungeon you farmed slowed you down.

Another example is the second FFT grind dungeons where Nine was a much more effective character than her because he had demon killer and a low cost but solid damage attack, making it quick to farm, etc. Exdeath wasn't good for that dungeon either because of their magic defense and the high mp cost of his attacks.

The rankings, especially in altema, are done in a vacuum rather than really consider what kind of situation can come. Luneth is probably the best physical attacker but he lacks any sort of magic, utility, and his MP usage can be a rough in a longer fight because Kirikomu (dunno the English name they'll use) is 45 MP.

There's also the fact that most content isn't hard enough that you have to require the top units. Even the hardest fight right now has a special gimmick that some units do better despite being a lower tier one. A great example for the Gilgamesh fight is Chizuru vs Lasswell. Chizuru is the better unit based on the raw numbers but Lasswell beats her in the Gilgamesh fight because he has the ability to hit multiple elements to seal his attacks off, something she can't do.
Wow this is actually fantastic insight as to what's to come. Based off a lot of general impressions, people have been making it sound like they are only making the bosses geared towards strictly physical beasts.

It really seems like they are actually creating versatile dungeons not just for the bosses but for enemies as well making this an actual thought provoking turn based game. Thanks for this, makes me feel better moving forward if I pull some nuanced units

EDIT:^ I shouldn't have said soon but I don't think it's worth it to pul for Locke, but even for TM most people can't equip throwinf weapons and time is better spent getting weapons like excalibur due to passive boosts to those type of swords on characters

creid

If you can do a 2* Esper fight, that's the way to go. 500 rank exp for 15 energy. That's what I've been doing. Before that I was doing Lanzelt Highlands - Summit. That costs 8 energy for 216 rank exp.

Edit: Also, if you've defeated the Demon Chimera you can fight it again in the vortex for 15 energy to get 500 rank exp like 2* esper fights.
I'm looking for something I can win with auto-attack.

Shouta

I mean, it's farming for currency to get items so it's not strenuous or anything but there is a bit of thought in how to efficiently do it considering the situation. The SoM one was best with Magic attackers using Ice spells while the FFT grind was better with demon killers and single target attacks.

The exploration type dungeons require full parties and different strategies depending on the boss.

CCIE

Banned
Well, I am moving on with the game, because I am tired of grinding the vortex. I'll just awaken Fina and Kefka for now, and the others can wait a day or two. I should be able to get through Wolfsfang Peak without too much issue - Chizuru can carry the team. It just might take awhile to get there...

Valus

Hey everyone, cleared up friend slots and purchased 50 additional slots, please add me!

5* Bartz
Max level
190 atk

Thanks!

Lyrian

I'm assuming like everything else in the FFBE universe, espers roll all the way back to level 1 (uuuuuuuuuuugh) when awoken to 2*.

Is it wiser to raise all the 1*s to 30 for the stats and work on their 2* forms one at a time, or does it really matter?

NomarTyme

Nomidor(sorry forgot your neogaf name) Your fucking Kefka is fucking ridiculous. 2 x 30% magic boost, ribbon, meteor. Good lord!

I'm assuming like everything else in the FFBE universe, espers roll all the way back to level 1 (uuuuuuuuuuugh) when awoken to 2*.

Is it wiser to raise all the 1*s to 30 for the stats and work on their 2* forms one at a time, or does it really matter?
I'm only going to raise Ifrit and Shiva since they are more useful than the other two.

I really hope the new Espers at least one more high attack stats like Ifrit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom