• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT| Classic sprite-based JRPG goodness [UP] Global launch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Takuan

Noticed the enhance success event is over. Should I hold onto my gigantaurs, or just blow 'em?

Meh, I blew em. 18 got my Shizuru to 66 :/

Kefka/Golbez will be pretty easy to 5* but dat exp grind doe... Just gonna focus on story for the time being.

LuuKyK

Finally finished the story. Is the global version way further plot wise?

Also, I crafted Steal. Is it useful? What should I focus on stealing?

Finally finished the story. Is the global version way further plot wise?

Also, I crafted Steal. Is it useful? What should I focus on stealing?
We are way behind. JP is 9 months ahead. Just use steal on everything outside the colliseum for the ability and steal trophies

Lyrian

We are way behind. JP is 9 months ahead. Just use steal on everything outside the colliseum for the ability and steal trophies

Adding to this:

Global has 2 islands/continents at the moment.
JP (I think) is up to island/continent #7.

Pacing on JP is about 1 month for each new island/continent to be added to the game.

Steal won't get you anything of real value, just crafting and awakening components. Also, steal has an annoyingly low success rate, so be prepared to miss a lot.

Rixa

Somehow I did forgot that my Exdeath ability slots are empty :p.
Time to fill the slots with something temporary.
Screenshot_20160719-084005.png

LuuKyK

Adding to this:

Global has 2 islands/continents at the moment.
JP (I think) is up to island/continent #7.

Pacing on JP is about 1 month for each new island/continent to be added to the game.

Steal won't get you anything of real value, just crafting and awakening components. Also, steal has an annoyingly low success rate, so be prepared to miss a lot.

Thanks! And wow @ the difference between both versions... Hopefully Gumi starts picking up the pace with the global version.

Lyrian

Thanks! And wow @ the difference between both versions... Hopefully Gumi starts picking up the pace with the global version.

It's possible.

Past JP pacing places island/continent #3 about 2 weeks away (it was exactly 5 weeks after launch; this is global's 3rd week).

However, it is all but assured that a fair number of collabs that exist on the JP server will never make it onto global (licensing and/or cultural issues). As such, it may be possible for the game's timetable to be accelerated. For example, global is receiving characters at an accelerated pace. Chizuru was released on global well ahead of schedule than she did on JP. We know about the Locke/Artemios banner already, but according to the JP timetable, that banner did not occur until 2 weeks **after** the release of the 3rd island/continent.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Yessir - Holy Crystal get and was able to evolve Fina to 5*. The saved up Cactuar were enough to get her to lvl 72. Took me exactly 15 Cactuars i thinks, sadly i ddint get a single Great/Amazing success, cant have it all.

Cheer will be very helpful once i reach the later Coliseum stages. I need to evolve/level 2-3 more units than im dont with the physical units and will start working on my mages. Hope we dont get a Boss/Trial the requires Top Mages before im done...will probably take a month or whenever Cactuar will be back.
Somehow I did forgot that my Exdeath ability slots are empty :p.
Time to fill the slots with something temporary.

Heh...not bad for temporary slots :v
Perfect - will let me one hit kill most mob waves.

du7y

It's the final countdown!
snnS4qW.jpg

Now where is the best place to farm magicite? I need level up my espers to 2* to rank up more easily, the trial with Demon Chimera is hard for my party

Lyrian

Fun fact time.

According to analyzed reroll data from Reddit, "major" boosted rates equate to:

3* base pulls (Kefka, Golbez) - 20x base rate --> 13% total draw rate each (summing 3+4+5* rates).

4* base pulls (Chizuru) - 10x base rate --> 2.2% total draw rate (summing 4+5*)

For those dreaming of Lightning, projections using the analysis to generate the numbers above (assuming that the logic for rate ups apply to 5*s equally as they do for 4*s), the working number is hovering around 1% with a 10x rate boost. Good luck, everyone on that.

Lyrian

It's the final countdown!
snnS4qW.jpg

Now where is the best place to farm magicite? I need level up my espers to 2* to rank up more easily, the trial with Demon Chimera is hard for my party

Grats on the Europa clear!

Phantom Forest for magicites.

Dragner

For those dreaming of Lightning, projections using the analysis to generate the numbers above (assuming that the logic for rate ups apply to 5*s equally as they do for 4*s), the working number is hovering around 1% with a 10x rate boost. Good luck, everyone on that.

Rate seems the same that SSBs or BSSBs on FFRK. So pretty terrible xD.

Stider

New characters (Locke, Hayate and Artemios) with rate up this Friday, and Chamber of Crystals returns.

Edit: Is the Black Cowl(Hayate's TMR) still good in the JP version?

Kouriozan

Another Magicite event, I wonder if they'll ever give the 2 bonus sword recipe for everyone (Land of Plenty's rewards)
Rate seems the same that SSBs or BSSBs on FFRK. So pretty terrible xD.
I was super lucky on FFRK, trinity, all of Ramza/Agrias items and Cloud and PCecil's BSB, I expect the same on Brave Exvius :p

chrono01

I really want to evolve my Chizuru from 4* --> 5*, but I need so many things I don't have.

7 Earth's Core
13 Sacred Crystals
3 Talmonite of Life
7 Holy Crystal

Where's the best place to gather these, from the Awakening Vortex? I'm still working my way through the story (currently on final stage of Lanzelt Snowlands), so I'm not sure if there's a better area before (or after that) I can focus on.

I want to help those on my Friend List more. :/

Dragner

Another Magicite event, I wonder if they'll ever give the 2 bonus sword recipe for everyone (Land of Plenty's rewards)
I was super lucky on FFRK, trinity, all of Ramza/Agrias items and Cloud and PCecil's BSB, I expect the same on Brave Exvius :p

I have all that on RK too except Pecil Burst...300 mythril on Adult Rydia 1 banner to get niet...then here I got Chizuru first ticket and wasting another 3 to get kefka I got him and Cecil. So I forgive RNGsus :).

Dragner

What's the word on the new heroes that are coming?

In other words is it worth using tickets/lapis.

They are not worth the money.

No 6* in the future. Locke Treasure Hunter passive is nice but you can always friend summon him. His Rising Sun TM is also good if you have CoD but CoD will get a trial maze soon anyway.

The other are plain bad, the helmet TM is a good piece of armor but nothing to become crazy.

Zafir

They are not worth the money.

No 6* in the future. Locke Treasure Hunter passive is nice but you can always friend summon him. His Rising Sun TM is also good if you have CoD but CoD will get a trial maze soon anyway.

The other are plain bad, the helmet TM is a good piece of armor but nothing to become crazy.

Fair enough, will keep saving. Thanks

cw_sasuke

I really want to evolve my Chizuru from 4* --> 5*, but I need so many things I don't have.

7 Earth's Core
13 Sacred Crystals
3 Talmonite of Life
7 Holy Crystal

Where's the best place to gather these, from the Awakening Vortex? I'm still working my way through the story (currently on final stage of Lanzelt Snowlands), so I'm not sure if there's a better area before (or after that) I can focus on.

I have been there - she really needs a lot. Your best shot is to just farm INT Awakening Vortex and hope that you get enough evo materials through the day. There isnt a more effective approach when it comes to Sacred/Holy Crystals.

desverger

7 Earth's Core
13 Sacred Crystals
3 Talmonite of Life
7 Holy Crystal

Earth's Core - Phantom Forest exploration, steal/kill Ghouls, last boss can drop one too. INT Awakening vortex drops them as well. You can also steal from Ghouls in the Colosseum C-3.
Sacred Crystals, Holy Crystal - INT/ADV Awakening Vortex. Make sure to overkill everything. INT seems to be better for Sacred.
Talmonite of Life - Zadehl Westersand exploration. Steal/kill from the jumping fish or kill the merman looking things. You might want to stay on the SE side of the map. ADV Awakening Vortex seems to drop them as well, rarely. You can also steal from Toadgres in the Colosseum C-4.

I see lots of people trying to pull for Chizuru and having a tough time. I pulled her quite easily and now have her at level 80. She's absolutely amazing with her barrage and light shell skills!

Fun fact time.

According to analyzed reroll data from Reddit, "major" boosted rates equate to:

3* base pulls (Kefka, Golbez) - 20x base rate --> 13% total draw rate each (summing 3+4+5* rates).

4* base pulls (Chizuru) - 10x base rate --> 2.2% total draw rate (summing 4+5*)

That's actually......really good.

Though with the pool getting bigger it won't get any easier.

Oh cool, they're bringing back the chamber of crystals and now we know the dates for the Locke rates up banner! I didn't realize the chamber of crystals was a special event last time, I thought it was just a regular vortex chamber so I totally ignored it last time. Is it worth farming or are explorations more energy efficient?

cw_sasuke

I see lots of people trying to pull for Chizuru and having a tough time. I pulled her quite easily and now have her at level 80. She's absolutely amazing with her barrage and light shell skills!

I dont know if easy or difficult are the right terms when it comes top Gacha - at the end its just luck. That being said...congrats on max lvling her - Barrage is awesome.
Oh cool, they're bringing back the chamber of crystals and now we know the dates for the Locke rates up banner! I didn't realize the chamber of crystals was a special event last time, I thought it was just a regular vortex chamber so I totally ignored it last time. Is it worth farming or are explorations more energy efficient?

From what ive read so Phantom Forest Exploration is more effective when it comes to Stamina/Esper leveling. If you dont have the time for an Exploration and just wanna quickly burn stamina the Crystal stage is good enough i guess. Havent tried it myself yet though.

I finally cleared beginners Colosseum. My level 79 Kefka ran out of MP by the end (I wonder how much better hyperdrive would have been at 3/2 the MP cost it would have to do at least that much more damage), all but 2 of party were KOd (3 story units, shadow* and kefka) and I only really won due to some attacks being reflected.

*-Good news. I now have a second Kefka now so I can eventually replace him (I've run out of Cactuars).

They reset different time. Better to not send & receive Friend Points before daily reset which is (I think around 09:00 morning in UK). Day change & daily quest reset time is 10:00 CEST anyways. Daily Friend Points reset middle of the night for us Europeans.
Yeah I do remember reading something about times changing. Didn't realise it meant the two were out of sync. Thanks for that explanation.

I really don't like doing exploration. If I want to get maximum rank xp with minimum effort, should I just keep redoing one of the late story missions?
In some sense it might be best to not beat yourself up over a 4% difference (Lanzelt Highlands - Summit vs Lanzelt Highlands - Exploration) but like was also said if you can consistently beat the 2* summon fights (maybe you have access to one of those Chizuru with barrage and dual wield) those beat other options. You have to remember you can't be fully efficient at everything either (the most efficient are going to have worse TM returns due to being one battle per 15 NRG).

wilstreak

GAF, I need new friends.

My main is Chizuru lv 74 (not long until 80 though).

What is the recommended equip for Golbez because apart from his Gravity spell, he seems to be almost useless.

Cleared out inactives from friend's list if anyone wants an OP Vaan friend.

How did you manage to increase Vaan attack to 450+. It makes my Chizuru looks like a toygun.

I really don't think I have the mental capacity to grind out TM unless I ever pull a Zidane so I think I'm just going to stick with knocking out 2* esper battles till I'm at like at least 50 NRG

I dont know if easy or difficult are the right terms when it comes top Gacha - at the end its just luck. That being said...congrats on max lvling her - Barrage is awesome.

Thanks! She really carries my party. Getting 4 attacks in a single turn is amazing, coupled with Masamune is ridiculous.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!

This post... I mean...

Please, tell her how you easily pulled her. Any tips for others?

Lawdy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom