• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT| Classic sprite-based JRPG goodness [UP] Global launch

Status
Not open for further replies.

CCIE

Banned
Well, cactuars don't get very far when trying to level up those premium units. Damn, Kefka is weak below 40, and it takes a LOT to level him. I'm in S-level at the Colosseum, and Chizuru is having to carry my party. BTW, the mirage vest seems to ROCK on Chizuru, because no-one seems capable of correctly targeting her when activated. Gonna have to try it against the Demon Chimera in a week or so. Glad to see the Esper event is back this weekend. I will hold off on leveling up my Espers, and work on simply leveling up my characters and runs for megacrysts. Inching ever so slowly toward the Hero ring...

Should probably finish the main story line sometime today or tomorrow, because I am on the Lanzelt ruins now... and the Colosseum is getting much tougher. It's total crap when a gang of goblins gangs up and takes your weak mage out in one damn turn

Pbae

I've ran the INT Awakening Mat dungeon at least 20 times now and only 1 freaking Earth Core has dropped...

Kill me.

CCIE

Banned
Pbae - you need the Westersand for Earth Core. Only really get Sacred Crystals and Holy Stones from the Vortex.

Slaythe

It's funny because, I was only gonna be playing this game if I got Kuja, and what were the odds of me getting him with very little effort ?

And now i'm addicted. T.T

Anyway, I gave him Biora, now i have to grind colosseum to get him decent equipment. But he's not too shabby.

Ourobolus

Banned
On the plus side, Europa and Demon Chimera finally went down with my Cyan/Rain/Krile/Fina/Bartz team.

Now I'm levelling Golbez so hopefully I can get someone with decent magic, because so far I don't have anyone else.

Well, cactuars don't get very far when trying to level up those premium units. Damn, Kefka is weak below 40, and it takes a LOT to level him. I'm in S-level at the Colosseum, and Chizuru is having to carry my party. BTW, the mirage vest seems to ROCK on Chizuru, because no-one seems capable of correctly targeting her when activated. Gonna have to try it against the Demon Chimera in a week or so. Glad to see the Esper event is back this weekend. I will hold off on leveling up my Espers, and work on simply leveling up my characters and runs for megacrysts. Inching ever so slowly toward the Hero ring...

Should probably finish the main story line sometime today or tomorrow, because I am on the Lanzelt ruins now... and the Colosseum is getting much tougher. It's total crap when a gang of goblins gangs up and takes your weak mage out in one damn turn
Kefka at 76 with heartless angel is superb for colliseum. Except, goblinsare immune to that shit so oops
I've ran the INT Awakening Mat dungeon at least 20 times now and only 1 freaking Earth Core has dropped...

Kill me.
U can steal earth cores in the lanzelt ruins from the bigass robot I think

Kefka is somewhat of an odd Mage. He doesn't really come into his own until 5* where his non elemental spells and massive magic stat boosts come into play.

Similar in some respect to golbez but with a far higher magic stat, the two of them compliment each other quite well actually.

CCIE

Banned
Yeah, Kefka is awesome at high levels... but getting him there is a little painful. Fina is pretty easy to level from what I can tell. She doesn't require half as much effort.

CCIE

Banned
Pbae - there is a recipe for steal in the Westersand Exploration. Equip that to whoever you like. I put it on Fina because she is useless when not casting buffs and healing

Celegus

I seem to recall some guide on leveling espers since the choices you make are permanent? I have all of the espers so far now but haven't leveled them up at all. Or is it pretty hard to screw up? Tbh I always forget about the espers button since it's usually hiding.

CCIE

Banned
Apparently Drain does, though. I may not leave Kefka on the sidelines when fighting Chimera after all. I'm still a week or two out of trying that boss again... Need to level up Garland and Celes first. I need more damage dealers than Chizuru because she is the only one that actually moves the damage meter currently

Valentus

So i got my second mag+30 and my kefka now has 332 MAG. Im now grinding my zidane and my 2 terras for someday get dual weild and última.

I wanna get locke and hayate. Rising sun can be equiped by my vaan and is a nice upgrade to gungnir. And hayate's hat is cool to.

Gonna pull ultil got 4 of each. Artemios can go fuck himself

So i got my second mag+30 and my kefka now has 332 MAG. Im now grinding my zidane and my 2 terras for someday get dual weild and última.

I wanna get locke and hayate. Rising sun can be equiped by my vaan and is a nice upgrade to gungnir. And hayate's hat is cool to.

Damn dude, you're a beast. Can I be your friend?

I hope trust moogles come soon, because I really don't want to get myself into the TM grind.

How much are you spending :)

Lyrian

Since Heartless Angel is an ability, does that mean it works on the Demon Chimera? Anyone tried it?

When you Analyze/Libra a mob, look at the resistance to petrification (bottom row, rightmost resistance). As long as the mob is not immune to petrification, Heartless Angel will always work (never seen a partial resistance to petrification so far).

And yeah.... every boss is automatically immune to petrification.

I want the full FF6 party

So far I have

- Kefka
- Magitek Terra (bleh)
- Sabin
- Cyan

Cant wait to evenutally get Locke, Edgar, Leo and Celes

Now heres something. I saw images of Setzer before. He doesnt exist in JP and Global though (along with the other unused characters from this image)

04265300014175796703909_Brave-Exvius_05.jpg

I admire your dedication. How long did it take u to get a TMR with non duped units?
Ahh, gotcha lol. I was wondering if there was something that I didn't know about them.
Locke has 50% chest drop rate so good for farming but not worth a pull

^Yo is that Basche and Ashe as well? Are they in JP?

Shouta

*looks at reddit*

You can't stack some materia/abilities in Global, huh? Amusing That'll make it harder to make some overpowered stuff for the whales.

Lyrian

These 3 new units are garbage compared to the last 3, right?

/sigh

Why does every unit in the game have to be in the top 5 DPS to not be considered garbage?

To answer your question more directly, none of these characters are "earthshatteringly meta changing". Locke and Hayate are support characters, so no top tier DPS there. Artemios is an odd duck, as a pure DPS, but constrained by a very restrictive equipment selection, average stats, and is "balanced" against his many innately learned killer skills by having no meaningful attack abilities until his final ability (Barrage) at 5* 80.

Also, none of the characters have 6* forms on JP.

Take from that what you will.

Pejo

Locke coming on the 22nd. I don't really need him for anything, but I'm going to burn up to 5 tickets because I'm hella bored with this game for the time being. Been playing since soft launch and I have nothing left to do except farm more Hero Rings and Magicite. I haven't decided to formally start grinding trust yet, it's just too much busywork.

Kettch

Fun fact time.

According to analyzed reroll data from Reddit, "major" boosted rates equate to:

3* base pulls (Kefka, Golbez) - 20x base rate --> 13% total draw rate each (summing 3+4+5* rates).

4* base pulls (Chizuru) - 10x base rate --> 2.2% total draw rate (summing 4+5*)

For those dreaming of Lightning, projections using the analysis to generate the numbers above (assuming that the logic for rate ups apply to 5*s equally as they do for 4*s), the working number is hovering around 1% with a 10x rate boost. Good luck, everyone on that.

That would actually be...quite generous. I was expecting more around a .25% rate for a featured 5*. 1/100 is close to something you could actually try for.

Lyrian

*looks at reddit*

You can't stack some materia/abilities in Global, huh? Amusing That'll make it harder to make some overpowered stuff for the whales.

Beat me to it, that was going to be my next post.

Adding to this: From reddit, complaints to Gumi were answered this morning about ability stacking on JP not working in Global. Answer: Working as intended. Bonus answer: Gumi is given free reign to modify game rules/content releases as it sees fit (not beholden to honor JP ruleset, release path, etc).

So on global....

Ability stat buffs can stack when equipped before battle.
Buffs in battle are one at a time, strongest stat value prevails.
Killer abilities **do not stack**
Multiples of special attack abilities (ex.: doublehand) **do not stack**
Mastery abilities (ex: Chizuru's blade mastery) ** do not stack**.

Makes one wonder how the harder trials will be balanced in global, as achieving crazy ATK numbers through stacking a number of abilities is not going to be possible.

Lyrian

That would actually be...quite generous. I was expecting more around a .25% rate for a featured 5*. 1/100 is close to something you could actually try for.

The assumption is that her base rate is around 0.1%, which could get diluted further from additional units as time passes.

at 1%, the expected average is 100 pulls to get her. At 500 lapis a pull, that is 50,000 lapis for a 50% chance (+/- RNGensus) of drawing her. Looking at the lapis shop, that much lapis would require 3 purchases of the $100 USD package (54,000 lapis total).

$300 USD expected average for one unit is generous (let alone a 50% average at that)???

Shouta

Beat me to it, that was going to be my next post.

Adding to this: From reddit, complaints to Gumi were answered this morning about ability stacking on JP not working in Global. Answer: Working as intended. Bonus answer: Gumi is given free reign to modify game rules/content releases as it sees fit (not beholden to honor JP ruleset, release path, etc).

So on global....

Ability stat buffs can stack when equipped before battle.
Buffs in battle are one at a time, strongest stat value prevails.
Killer abilities **do not stack**
Multiples of special attack abilities (ex.: doublehand) **do not stack**
Mastery abilities (ex: Chizuru's blade mastery) ** do not stack**.

Makes one wonder how the harder trials will be balanced in global, as achieving crazy ATK numbers through stacking a number of abilities is not going to be possible.

You don't need to stack doublehand or blade mastery to beat most of the trials at all. It was just there to make it a bit easier. I've done all of them aside from Gilgamesh without stacking stuff.

Kettch

The assumption is that her base rate is around 0.1%, which could get diluted further from additional units as time passes.

at 1%, the expected average is 100 pulls to get her. At 500 lapis a pull, that is 50,000 lapis for a 50% chance (+/- RNGensus) of drawing her. Looking at the lapis shop, that much lapis would require 3 purchases of the $100 USD package (54,000 lapis total).

$300 USD expected average for one unit is generous (let alone a 50% average at that)???

Compared to other gacha games and what I expected here? That's absolutely generous.

1% is similar to the current rate for individual rare units, Cecil/Exdeath/Zidane etc.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
As long as it costs me less than $1000 for Lightning, I'm okay with it. My Lightning tattoo only cost me $400, and having her in this game would give me additional benefit, so I'll go up to $1000.

As long as it costs me less than $1000 for Lightning, I'm okay with it. My Lightning tattoo only cost me $400, and having her in this game would give me additional benefit, so I'll go up to $1000.
Wow a rideordie Lightning lover, must have loved that fashion collab she had

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz

The more you think about mobage, the more you realize you should not be playing mobage.

Lyrian

You don't need to stack doublehand or blade mastery to beat most of the trials at all. It was just there to make it a bit easier. I've done all of them aside from Gilgamesh without stacking stuff.

Good to know. The impression I got from reading various threads was that many later high-end encounters on JP were already being tuned to account units being able to hit excessively high damage scores because of ability stacking.

Shouta, do rate up banners ever repeat in the JP version? I'm really happy with my team right now, but I wouldn't mind having Chizuru or even Kefka since my mage options are pretty limited. I've already pulled around 18 times on this banner, but I wouldn't mind pulling a few more times if this is going to be the last chance for a rate up on these characters.

Shouta

Shouta, do rate up banners ever repeat in the JP version? I'm really happy with my team right now, but I wouldn't mind having Chizuru or even Kefka since my mage options are pretty limited. I've already pulled around 18 times on this banner, but I wouldn't mind pulling a few more times if this is going to be the last chance for a rate up on these characters.

I think there's been a few repeats, mostly for Trust Mastery promotions. They'll rate up characters that are getting new forms too though. You can also always get it back luck during other pulls. I got Delita from pulling during the Dragon Quest event, lol

Lyrian

Interesting data point of the day:

With the upcoming release of Locke/Hayate/Artemios, global is still only on the second island (Lanzelt), but now will have access to all the characters that released during the third island (with one minor 4* collab character crossover missing, probably not happening).

Also, Gumi is already pulling from the list of JP released characters from the fourth island (Dirnado): Hayate, Chizuru, Rakshaka. That leaves room for exactly one more 3-batch character release in the future before almost everything after that point are collab releases.

On JP, Lightning and the dawn of 6*s were released one month after Hayate and Chizuru was released.

I wonder how much longer they can continue to accelerate the unit release timeline without pushing content to match their release (newer units required awakening mats from the later islands and not necessarily sacred/holy crystals)?

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Not sure if Gumi has commented yet, but usually in these types of games, the global/U.S. release dates are rushed so that all versions are equal at some point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom