• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT| Classic sprite-based JRPG goodness [UP] Global launch

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think there's been a few repeats, mostly for Trust Mastery promotions. They'll rate up characters that are getting new forms too though. You can also always get it back luck during other pulls. I got Delita from pulling during the Dragon Quest event, lol

Thanks for the info. I think I'll wait on pulling more then. My luck is just like your luck with your Delita pull too. Going for Chizuru and Kefka this banner got me a Vaan and CoD instead. Can't complain about that. I'll probably end up pulling a Chizuru when a Vaan rate up is happening or something.

Kouriozan

Not sure if Gumi has commented yet, but usually in these types of games, the global/U.S. release dates are rushed so that all versions are equal at some point.

That's not what happened with Record Keeper, but Global caught up a bit since none of the collab event were released here and we did get some QoL update early.
I hope we will get the Secret of Mana one (sneak peek here), since it's not about Rise of Mana like the FFRK event.

In other news, I tried another afternoon grinding TMs with Nox macro, but it's taking really too long for so little progress, I admire people who can do it.
Back to grind magicites.

Rixa

I don't think killer materias work on magical attacks.
Blah thats lame. Well I could add 3x10% DEF or something so I did change them:
Screenshot_20160719-210602.png

Sunbeam (6) / Bio Blaster (12) / Firaga (20) No Esper equipped, Firaga got "weakness" bonus". Need to save MP on exploration or on some grindy boss, use Sunbeam.
Switched Gravity to Stonra :p.

Not sure if Gumi has commented yet, but usually in these types of games, the global/U.S. release dates are rushed so that all versions are equal at some point.
Gumi is at liberty to change what they want according to a support post found here https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/comments/4tl7aj/support_response_to_doublehand_stacking/ but what do people not think we will get or will get extra? I'm not keen to DQ (I like the series but not attached to it) coming to NA as it's not as that big here as opposed to JP.

If anything I could see us getting KH before them, but I don't actually think that'll ever happen considering Sora and crew are Disney property. Thoughts?

Pbae

WOOOOOOOO! Finally got all the Earth Cores I needed! Thank you GAF!

So my main team so far is,
5* Chizuru
5* Bartz
5* Garland
5* Fina
5* Kefka

Notable Backup,
4* Golbez
4* Anzelm
3* Kefka (3x)

Being as that I'm a F2P, can I just hoard all the summons until Squall inevitably comes out?

chrono01

I have been there - she really needs a lot. Your best shot is to just farm INT Awakening Vortex and hope that you get enough evo materials through the day. There isnt a more effective approach when it comes to Sacred/Holy Crystals.

Earth's Core - Phantom Forest exploration, steal/kill Ghouls, last boss can drop one too. INT Awakening vortex drops them as well. You can also steal from Ghouls in the Colosseum C-3.
Sacred Crystals, Holy Crystal - INT/ADV Awakening Vortex. Make sure to overkill everything. INT seems to be better for Sacred.
Talmonite of Life - Zadehl Westersand exploration. Steal/kill from the jumping fish or kill the merman looking things. You might want to stay on the SE side of the map. ADV Awakening Vortex seems to drop them as well, rarely. You can also steal from Toadgres in the Colosseum C-4.
Thanks, you two!

I'm going to finish off the story, and then begin the grind.

Finally max leveled my main team.

I need to work on my Espers so I can upgrade them. I'm going through Int Coliseum C right now. I cleared Chimera in Farplane. Is there anything else to do that I'm missing?

Valus

will there be any new trophy rewards added with patches? If so, will trophies we collect after heros ring count toward it?

CCIE

Banned
Wow, entire team maxed.... Congrats. I've been happy to just get all of my team to 5* status. They should all be 40 and above by the end of the day. Still unsure whether to use Celes or Terra as 5th. I think it will depend on the situation. Also, think I'll max Kefka next - currently 51 and climbing

rugioh

Banned
I heard that starting yesterday the 10 ticket reroll was removed.. any point to rerolling now? Should I just attach my FB account and move forward? I just installed the game today and was reading up on some guides.

CCIE

Banned
New accounts get 5 tickets after getting a little ways. Reroll for a main you like and go from there. Good luck - it is addictive

Somewhere, TheChillyAcademic is screaming into a pillow.

Congrats to you, though! Exdeath is great.

TBH I feel this way every time someone pulls Rydia (or, ya know, like 4 of her...) just because she's my favorite FF character.

I just got my Rakshasa to 5* and moved Kefka out for Exdeath. Once I can open the EXP vortex again...

TBH I feel this way every time someone pulls Rydia (or, ya know, like 4 of her...) just because she's my favorite FF character.

I just got my Rakshasa to 5* and moved Kefka out for Exdeath. Once I can open the EXP vortex again...

Speaking of Rydia. When does dhe get her 5 star form? Same time Cecil gets 6 star?

Dreavus

My team is nearly maxed 4* (3 story chars, Golbez, Kefka). Just idly getting mats for the 5* awakenings since I'm done in the story so far.

I'll have no way to level them though, so I guess I'll just have to wait for another metal cactaur before actually evolving (used them all up getting these guys up to 4* lol) or maybe the EXP dungeon can get them up to a reasonable level.

Might just do some rank farming too. Lanzelt Highlands Summit is the best non-explore for experience-per-energy-spent right?

CCIE

Banned
I'm leveling units both through left over cactuars and the old fashioned way as well. I have enough cactuars to get them all to L36 with 5* unlock so they don't suck or anything, and then I use the experience vortex from there. It's slow compared to the cactuars, but I haven't exactly been playing that long either. Just since a few days after Chizuru was released with my current account.

Faenix1

What makes Fina better than Maria as a healer, exactly?

Both of mine are 3* Lvl 30 and Maria kinda edges her out so far, heal-wise at least.

Althane

Does this game have an ending? And if yes, how long to beat?

There's no data on HLTB yet.

Global, no ending yet, but there's an 'end' to content at the end of the second continent. Until the next content update comes, that'll be where it is.

Don't think the overall game will have an ending, most likely. Story will just keep going on like Brave Frontier's did.

Shouta

Jeez, Garland has some serious attack in 6-star form. This is him with only gear I've gotten from events aside from a 20% attack up passive that I got from a Trust Master. He has the Sword of Loto though which is the strongest weapon in the game currently at 126, lol. That sword is a reward from the DQ event.

Jeez, Garland has some serious attack in 6-star form. This is him with only gear I've gotten from events aside from a 20% attack up passive that I got from a Trust Master. He has the Sword of Loto though which is the strongest weapon in the game currently at 126, lol. That sword is a reward from the DQ event.
What's his strongest skills? That's incredibly high. I still hate looking at him tho, Dissidia garland minions made me hate his character model

NomarTyme

Wow! insane damage stats. Hoping to pull him and cecil soon.

So between Exdeath and Kefka, I should prioritize getting Exdeath up to 5 stars and maxed first, right? Just making sure Kefka doesn't become more useful then him when they are both 5 star high lvl to max.

Also, should I try to pull Chiz if those are my only two top tier characters? Or should I just wait until the next batch of characters like Lightning hit so I have a pretty large pool of good characters to get when I don't get lightning? I need to know if I should just focus on upgrading Rain and Less since I know they get 6 stars or if I should start working on a replacement for them.

Shouta

What's his strongest skills? That's incredibly high. I still hate looking at him tho, Dissidia garland minions made me hate his character model

His Elemental AOE attacks are 200% which are a little more powerful than Lightning's AOE Elemental attacks. However, he doesn't have a single target attack that is as strong as she has. He does have an attack that's 140% but with a 50% Defense ignore and Darkness down. I need to see how good that one is but if you give him Dual-Wield, he's essentially as good as Lightning. His Limit Break also gives a 50% attack buff to the entire party, lol.

His Elemental AOE attacks are 200% which are a little more powerful than Lightning's AOE Elemental attacks. However, he doesn't have a single target attack that is as strong as she has. He does have an attack that's 140% but with a 50% Defense ignore and Darkness down. I need to see how good that one is but if you give him Dual-Wield, he's essentially as good as Lightning. His Limit Break also gives a 50% attack buff to the entire party, lol.
Solid 6* then. Unless his LB does dmg tho, it's kinda pointless if someone has Cecil if not to restack the Attack %. I really hope I draw a Cecil or WoL accidentally whenever I use a few lapiz in an event cause those tanks look to come in handy in a pinch

Lyrian

On a happier note, I finished one and a half hero rings so far, farming megacryst isn't as much of a pain in the ass as I thought.

Hero ring megacrysts are very hit or miss, especially since the two explorations that drop them have them as the lesser of the two crysts that drop there. At least it is solid rank xp, which is much appreciated after Cactaur Dunes.

Got my first 2* esper, Siren. After Europa, White Dragon, and Devil Chimera, that was a breeze.

Hero ring megacrysts are very hit or miss, especially since the two explorations that drop them have them as the lesser of the two crysts that drop there. At least it is solid rank xp, which is much appreciated after Cactaur Dunes.

Got my first 2* esper, Siren. After Europa, White Dragon, and Devil Chimera, that was a breeze.

Yeah it does seem a bit random at beast. IMO farming the fire megas is FAR FAR easier as you can get through the level much faster.

How much are you making?

I'm having a easier time farming fire than ice.

I'll be giving everyone except Cecil one. I have a pretty mage based party so we shall see lol

Just think how much easier it would be if you had an Exdeath. Just think!

I'm sorry, I hope you get him soon. ;_;

DEATH IS YOUR ONLY OPTION

me too ; ;

Gromph

This tag is currently undergoing scheduled maintenance...
Staff Member

Equip him with a dual wield and you have those elemental attacks x2 :)

elty

Just went to beat white dragon. That was much easier than expected.

Do I get anything if I beat it again in vortex of trail?

Shouta

Solid 6* then. Unless his LB does dmg tho, it's kinda pointless if someone has Cecil if not to restack the Attack %. I really hope I draw a Cecil or WoL accidentally whenever I use a few lapiz in an event cause those tanks look to come in handy in a pinch

His LB does damage too and the 50% attack boost is the highest in the game in regards to Attack buffs.

Equip him with a dual wield and you have those elemental attacks x2 :)

Yeah, I probably will be doing that since he only loses a few attack for me, lol.

Stider

So the items that give LB exp, how do you get those in the JP version, and how long was it before they were available. Have kept one of my Cecils at 3* for the purpose of using those.

Vex_

Banned
Just went to beat white dragon. That was much easier than expected.

Do I get anything if I beat it again in vortex of trail?

...no :c

Anyone know of any new content coming yet? I just logged in and saw they got those new (mostly useless) units for rate up? Hopefully new content comes with them.

Rixa

...no :c

Anyone know of any new content coming yet? I just logged in and saw they got those new (mostly useless) units for rate up? Hopefully new content comes with them.

Game was launched 2 weeks ago and we have 2 Islands. My guess is that we might get new Island in 2-4 weeks time. Somehow I think we don't get new Island before August.

StarVigil

Game is really fun and addicting. Let's hope it stays that way and doesn't rely too much on the whale hunting. In hindsight, I'm really happy with my roll. Chizuru is just a beast. Still hope that they keep being generous with the drop rates on banner characters.
(just gimme dat Exdesu!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom